Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Gripweed posted:

Mark who?
Zuckerburg says he ivited people from "across the political spectrum" to discussions or something but that just meant libs and conservatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

snoremac posted:

Zuckerburg says he ivited people from "across the political spectrum" to discussions or something but that just meant libs and conservatives.

But... that's everyone ??? :thunk:

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
there was a really riveting moment where zuck had to fend off the maoists and the strasserites

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I’m about to loving die listening to Felix read this bio.

E: that was the hardest I’ve ever laughed at this show.

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Oct 26, 2019

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

TerminalSaint posted:

A show about IA investigators taking down crooked cops would own so hard.

there's between the lines, an old (early 90s) british show which was very good

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

The Kingfish posted:

I’m about to loving die listening to Felix read this bio.

E: that was the hardest I’ve ever laughed at this show.

This ep was really good... Brendan come back permanently please

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Really nice to hear the chapos actually feeling genuinely happy and hopeful after the bernie rally. Not that it will last, but any way.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Forest Whittaker tho, and then Michael Chiklis loving his wife

I completely forgot that Forest Whitaker was in the following season!

his line to him about it was the best, “tastes like sweet butter”

papa horny michael posted:

drat, everyone is saying this while i checked out right before they joined.

It’s definitely worth watching. Though it’s been a while I don’t know how well the show has aged. That season in particular is very good.

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Is Anthony Anderson a good dramatic actor? All the comedic stuff I've seen him in (which is admittedly not that much) I've found him super annoying.

So as far as dramatic roles I’ve only seen him do this and like a handful of episodes of Treme. I thought he did great in both

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

dreffen posted:

It’s definitely worth watching. Though it’s been a while I don’t know how well the show has aged. That season in particular is very good.

the handheld shakycam stuff dates it pretty bad but it holds up otherwise

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

awooga

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the handheld shakycam stuff dates it pretty bad but it holds up otherwise

There’s also the subplot where Vic wants to sue the hospital for their vaccines giving his kids autism.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Hedenius posted:

There’s also the subplot where Vic wants to sue the hospital for their vaccines giving his kids autism.

LOL I completely forgot about that.

I think The Shield is a pretty good show but like every other FX drama there are frequently incredibly stupid parts throughout it. The very last scene of the very last episode is GOAT status for sure tho.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

fadam posted:

LOL I completely forgot about that.

I think The Shield is a pretty good show but like every other FX drama there are frequently incredibly stupid parts throughout it. The very last scene of the very last episode is GOAT status for sure tho.

Also the opening of that one

Spoilers for a decade old show Vic agrees to confess to his crimes in exchange for immunity in order to help get an ICE agent to help with something (the last parts fuzzy it's been a while) and right before it goes to commercial he starts with "I killed Detective Terry Crowley" and everyone reacts like they just got shot, to hear their suspicions confirmed after all this time. it cuts to commercial and when it comes back he's wrapping up his confession and everyone looks like theyre nauseous from the sheer scope of his crime doing

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Also the opening of that one

Spoilers for a decade old show Vic agrees to confess to his crimes in exchange for immunity in order to help get an ICE agent to help with something (the last parts fuzzy it's been a while) and right before it goes to commercial he starts with "I killed Detective Terry Crowley" and everyone reacts like they just got shot, to hear their suspicions confirmed after all this time. it cuts to commercial and when it comes back he's wrapping up his confession and everyone looks like theyre nauseous from the sheer scope of his crime doing

Incredible.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

where do yall find the time to watch so much TV

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

THS posted:

https://twitter.com/kanwetwitty/status/324630866963881986

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
it's bad, bing bong done with that forever what's next

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

THS posted:

the shield aired once a week 15 years ago

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i've watched exactly one new tv show in the past 4 years

not for lack of time but because tv sucks again

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the last thing i watched was Legend of Galactic Heroes and i am honestly so sick of anime that i will never watch that poo poo again

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Lol if you don't just have DS9 or MASH on in the background while you play a game or read.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

is reinhard in legend of galactic heroes supposed to be napoleon, hitler, or alexander

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

THS posted:

is reinhard in legend of galactic heroes supposed to be napoleon, hitler, or alexander

Yes.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Lol if you don't just have DS9 or MASH on in the background while you play a game or read.

Same but Sentai

Rip the shout DVDs, fuckin hasbro

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Same but Sentai

Rip the shout DVDs, fuckin hasbro

Can't do that poo poo, I gotta read subtitles for toku so I can't use it as background noise.

Also we all know Hawkeye Pierce could get it but we often forget BJ Hunnicut also a goddamn snack.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Can't do that poo poo, I gotta read subtitles for toku so I can't use it as background noise.

Also we all know Hawkeye Pierce could get it but we often forget BJ Hunnicut also a goddamn snack.

Weird that they had a dude called 'Spearchucker' for the whole like first couple seasons.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i've watched exactly one new tv show in the past 4 years

not for lack of time but because tv sucks again

the americans was good

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I wonder what it's like for normal people to watch The Americans and like, feel conflicted at all about them being Soviet agents specifically.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The most empathy I've ever felt with a fictional character was the look on Elizabeth's face when she found out that fast food was coming to Moscow.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Phone posted:

the americans was good

was it actually good? I kinda watched the first couple episodes and it seemed neat but I wasn't sure how long the concept could last before it devolved into generic 'WHEW THEM COMMIES WERE SURE THE ONLY BAD GUYS HERE RIGHT' cold war media poo poo

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Education4Libs/status/1188469897086586881?s=20

https://twitter.com/Education4Libs/status/1188480679870377984?s=20

:hmmyes:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

sexpig by night posted:

was it actually good? I kinda watched the first couple episodes and it seemed neat but I wasn't sure how long the concept could last before it devolved into generic 'WHEW THEM COMMIES WERE SURE THE ONLY BAD GUYS HERE RIGHT' cold war media poo poo

it's way more fair than you'd ever expect an fx show to be.

it also ended and stuck the landing versus it turning into some 19 season monstrosity

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Phone posted:

it's way more fair than you'd ever expect an fx show to be.

it also ended and stuck the landing versus it turning into some 19 season monstrosity

I should watch this, is it on Netflix or Prime or whatever?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The Expanse owns and I will fight anyone who disagrees

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

Used to be on amazon, might still be.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

sexpig by night posted:

It is on Prime

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

AnEdgelord posted:

Agreed.

Zoracle Zed
Jul 10, 2001

sexpig by night posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwuUUbQgsMM

it's more just kinda dumb than anti-communist

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

AnEdgelord posted:

:hai:
https://youtu.be/uCd8MYnHTLw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Tried to go to the Bernie/Tlaib rally in Detroit today, but got turned away because it was full.

Bummed, but not disappointed!