Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

yoloer420 posted:

Imo it was to see how much of the M2 camp would split off to hit it. Same with the E3 one.

They got their answer: we really like having their titan fleet locked down.

and that we still have plenty of people around to shoot structures and make bad jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Raged posted:

and that we still have plenty of people around to shoot structures and make bad jokes.

Is there an AAR, I was off doing scout things and missed it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Can't wait to login tonight and poo poo on scrubs

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Rhymenoserous posted:

For a warp out boosting tengu wouldn’t the best way to make a safe be to add a bookmark right as you are entering the tunnel to a close by anom? I’m not sure if bookmarking in warp is still a thing but that used to work, and with the extended grids it would be a good way to get a close by off grid safe to reduce warp in travel time.

sure why not, this is how i make all my perches

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
delta sqad's slow, methodical glassing of querious continues apace

here's our senior whitehouse correspondent with a report: https://streamable.com/17jll8

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Some Brave guy in local told me they weren't actually evacuating from Querious, it just looks that way because they're really bad

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Irony at its finest as malignant masses of testicles and horde chudlings max our their parent's credit cards in an attempt to remove goons from Eve and then take to gAmE JoURnALisM to cry about their trappied supers after repeatedly and firmly being put into a galactic chokehold by goons:

https://www.polygon.com/features/2021/1/15/22228837/eve-online-m2-mittani-papi-server-failure-hellcamp

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Irony at its finest as malignant masses of testicles and horde chudlings max our their parent's credit cards in an attempt to remove goons from Eve and then take to gAmE JoURnALisM to cry about their trappied supers after repeatedly and firmly being put into a galactic chokehold by goons:

https://www.polygon.com/features/2021/1/15/22228837/eve-online-m2-mittani-papi-server-failure-hellcamp

The best part about that article is that Mittens got high as a drat kite before his interview.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

"Gobbins thinks that one of the ways forward for Eve is to change the rules of the game to de-emphasize these kinds of massed battles in the first place. But that kind of change, if it were to be made, is nearly as far off as the changes that need to be done to the game code itself."

This game would be a lot better if CCP eliminated one of their best sources of good publicity! :downs:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

half of that article can be summarized by "PAPI, who didn't extract assets before scheduled downtime..."

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Like I said earlier, part of this isn't "oh CCP's servers aren't good enough", it's that EVE is now facing down the barrel of the Highway Paradox in a way that hasn't happened in over a decade, and the proliferation of capitals and titan bridges, specifically, is what's going to make the problem ever more acute. When it's actually conceivable that you can truck thousands of player-entities at a time around, increasing the individual system capacity to 12,000 or 18,000 or 35,000 or 350,000 isn't going to matter - the humans behind the characters will find ways to fill that space up, ideally to their advantage.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Weird how a lot of ~gameur journalists~ who write about EVE sorta make us sound like the bad guys.

I don't feel bad. Throwing fibos at solitary, trapped caps feels good.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Weird how a lot of ~gameur journalists~ who write about EVE sorta make us sound like the bad guys.

I don't feel bad. Throwing fibos at solitary, trapped caps feels good.

no not believing in yourself

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Not to steal any of the wind out of delta sqad's sails, but the last brave ihub in querious is currently reinforced. :haw:

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
slow, smart, methodical

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Not to steal any of the wind out of delta sqad's sails, but the last brave ihub in querious is currently reinforced. :haw:

between this, them getting smashed in their home region, and how badly all of papi have been trying to get brave's titans, specifically, out of m2, brave has to be close to just throwing their hands up and pulling out of the war, right

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

And who do you think did it

:cool: :cool: :ducksiren: :rznv:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

between this, them getting smashed in their home region, and how badly all of papi have been trying to get brave's titans, specifically, out of m2, brave has to be close to just throwing their hands up and pulling out of the war, right

I mean, they're already retreating "temporarily" to catch

Phlegmish posted:

And who do you think did it

:cool: :cool: :ducksiren: :rznv:

gj :thumbsup:

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

one brave in local told us they are not pulling out of querious they just suck too much to do anything about it

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Gonna keep heading east, meet up with Red Alliance, and push them out of Catch, too?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

How's the fights tonight? It's date night for me.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

SpaceDrake posted:

Like I said earlier, part of this isn't "oh CCP's servers aren't good enough", it's that EVE is now facing down the barrel of the Highway Paradox in a way that hasn't happened in over a decade, and the proliferation of capitals and titan bridges, specifically, is what's going to make the problem ever more acute. When it's actually conceivable that you can truck thousands of player-entities at a time around, increasing the individual system capacity to 12,000 or 18,000 or 35,000 or 350,000 isn't going to matter - the humans behind the characters will find ways to fill that space up, ideally to their advantage.

35,000 would be more than enough, that's more slots than the number of accounts that log in on most days

heck if covid hadn't happened 18,000 might have be enough

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
-A quick thought exercise I posted to jabber but got no traction:
-You can make one change to a ship's attributes. Increasing/decreasing cpu or pg, adding/removing a low, mid or high slot, changing one stat in shield, armor, cap, base speed, agility, etc. Changing one role bonus (to something reasonable). Which change on which hull impacts EVE the most? Can one change save EVE?

I personally vote for the Stabber getting an extra mid slot, but that's clearly bias on my part. I swear I am not CCP Rise who will do the opposite of what Goons say.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 16, 2021

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Make size impact maximum repair per second.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

School Nickname posted:

-You can make one change to a ship's attributes. Increasing/decreasing cpu or pg, adding/removing a low, mid or high slot, changing one stat in shield, armor, cap, base speed, agility, etc. Changing one role bonus (to something reasonable). Which change on which hull impacts EVE the most? Can one change save EVE?

I personally vote for the Stabber getting an extra mid slot, but that's clearly bias on my part. I swear I am not CCP Rise who will do the opposite of what Goons say.
All ships get drone bandwidth of 0. There, just reduced lag by 90%.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Ynglaur posted:

Make size impact maximum repair per second.

So your grand idea's to buff small repairers and nerf large ones? :ok:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Give the Omen and Arbitrator an additional midslot each so I can better live out my sick shield-tanked Amarr cruiser fantasies.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Potato Salad posted:

half of that article can be summarized by "PAPI, who didn't extract assets before scheduled downtime..."

papi (nocaps), when the server fell.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Klyith posted:

35,000 would be more than enough, that's more slots than the number of accounts that log in on most days

heck if covid hadn't happened 18,000 might have be enough

No, that's the whole point of the Highway Paradox (aka induced demand): if you build more capacity for something to relieve a perceived demand and scarcity, that capacity will fill up, leaving you back at the original problem. It applies most obviously to traffic (studies of roadways and highways have shown that increased "road capacity" leads to more vehicles on the road on an essentially 1:1 basis), and it'd apply to EVE traffic too, I think. If you create a system that can hold "35,000 player entities", everyone and their dog will deliberately begin to attempt to jam in their previously-logged-off alts and whatnot to try and still fill the system with bodies and (so they would hope) create a disadvantage for their opponents. If capacity gets high enough that everyone logs in their alts, more alts will be created to fill the gap, as well as more returning veterans and newbies piling in to see these "battles of unprecedented scope". More capacity might make things better in the extreme short term, but you'll see the new capacity filled extremely quickly.

I'd :words: harder but spaceships appear to be happening

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!
https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/307007-how-to-fly-warp-in-boosters/

Because you asked.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Dik Hz posted:

All ships get drone bandwidth of 0. There, just reduced lag by 90%.

NGL, I legit didn't anticipate this.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

School Nickname posted:

Give the vagabond an extra midslot.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dalmuti posted:

one brave in local told us they are not pulling out of querious they just suck too much to do anything about it

To their credit, they came out to defend their one remaining ihub, and kept it alive by the skin of their teeth.

Though I'm not sure why they care about this one IHub but not the other twenty that we already blew up

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

27th best fc in the imperium, first in our hearts

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

oh poo poo

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

aaaand back in m2 in a super.

Let's see if we get any sleep tonight!

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

To their credit, they came out to defend their one remaining ihub, and kept it alive by the skin of their teeth.

Though I'm not sure why they care about this one IHub but not the other twenty that we already blew up

each defeat is merely a harbinger of the next victory. harbingers have cool headlights. beep beep

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SpaceDrake posted:

oh poo poo

died bubbling in a sabre and now i gotta leave for work while this is still happening :argh:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I am so glad I spent the past week practicing carrier maneuvers and controls rn

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4wehKNEibQ

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

died bubbling in a sabre and now i gotta leave for work while this is still happening :argh:

It's over. Isk war won. Objective won. Goons win again.

My boost Drake finally got blowed up so I bought a boost Tengu!