Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I was putting my Switch into the dock slowly and carefully and it was still getting some scratches on the sides of the screen so that's why I got a screen protector. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Don't be a bitch, (screen) protect your Switch.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i enjoy my scratch free switch which has no screen protector and has a perfect dock that doesn't scratch said screen and i put it in the dock just fine and no marks appear whatsoever. i also enjoy putting it in my butterfox case and taking it places and coming back home with zero scratches and perfectly working launch day joycons.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jun 24, 2017

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

you can't see how scratch free a screen is if it's covered by a screen protector

giant set of problems solved by just not giving a poo poo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8S0X8U-6no

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren::australia::boonie: ATTN Ausgoons :boonie::australia::siren:

$400 Switch console via EBGames eBay page using the promo-code CRACKER

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
more like banjo+rabbids amirite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8QhvdhcaVE

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007
Are there any good sites to watch in the US to figure out switch availability? I've been checking around me the past couple weeks and havent seen a single one for sale.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

sw0cb posted:

Are there any good sites to watch in the US to figure out switch availability? I've been checking around me the past couple weeks and havent seen a single one for sale.

I used the live map on istocknow to get mine a couple days ago.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Do you know what a banjo is?

Did you mean xylophone?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Infinitum posted:

Did you mean xylophone?

I assume they mean "banjo" as in "Banjo-Kazooie".

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Did you mean xylophone?

He is referring to Banjo Kazooie, which had music composed by the same guy, Grant Kirkhope, which is very noticeable. And very good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Spacebump posted:

Lol this is at least the 3rd week the NBA Playgrounds twitter promised the Switch version would have their first patch (that gives it online play, a basic feature) and not delivered. Never buy a game from Saber Interactive. They are a piece of poo poo dev that has released broken games like Halo Master Chief collection.

Don't confuse the 3rd promised week for meaning the game has been out 3 weeks. It was released May 9th.

Fwiw one of their devs claim the patch is finished but they are going back and forth with Nintendo trying to get it up because it is too large for Nintendo's regulations or something. Mr. Shift claims to have had the same regulatory issue with a patch they have ready to go.

puking pentagrams
May 6, 2017

ChocNitty posted:

There's nothing better than chilling in a hotel room, racing people online with mario kart, and also playing Zelda. That's worth the price of admission alone.

what lol thats EXACTLY how I played my switch when I first bought it. one of my friends lives on the west coast and I was traveling for work close to the east coast. we had no connection problems whatsoever. used our iphones to talk even when we were playing Zelda. good times

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007
Well, istocknow was the key. Called ten stores, managed to walk in as they were about to put 2 on the shelf at a wal mart 20 minutes away from me. Happy birthday to me!

sw0cb fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 24, 2017

puking pentagrams
May 6, 2017

jabro posted:

I used the live map on istocknow to get mine a couple days ago.

username checks out. I looked at the live map and my local walmart had ONE neon in stock. now I've got a switch for my wife's bday next month! :allears: thanks jabro. this has turned out to be a fantastic morning. I can tell my wife these forums are good for something

puking pentagrams fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 24, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This is good video game music

Also everyone saying they'll pick up a Switch during the holidays with Mario might wanna try middle of the summer instead. Demand doesn't seem to be slowing down and given both a new Mario and holiday demand I think it'll be even harder to get then

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

sw0cb posted:

Well, istocknow was they key. Called ten stores, managed to walk in as they were about to put 2 on the shelf at a wal mart 20 minutes away from me. Happy birthday to me!

puking pentagrams posted:

username checks out. I looked at the live map and my local walmart had ONE neon in stock. now I've got a switch for my wife's bday next month! :allears: thanks jabro. this has turned out to be a fantastic morning. I can tell my wife these forums are good for something

Glad you both were able to find one!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I wish we could skip July and go straight to august so I can get the Mario xcom game.

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Coldforge posted:

Is this actually a thing? My Switch is finally arriving on Monday; do I need to buy one of those sock covers for the dock?

I dont know if it's a misuse problem or not but I know that with my 3DS even when I was using it properly and taking care of it, it ended up having a little mark where the bottom screen touched the top one when the thing was closed and left a mark.
This design issue was a deal even into the New 3DS I think. It's not a huge thing, I just dont want it to be a risk even if its only a risk 1 out of 100 times or something.

I got a the glass screen cover because I dont really have a problem with screen covers and like to feel like Im putting a condom on my electronics or whatever so they stay nice looking (to me).

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I have a regular and New 3DS XL and neither of them have had screen scratching issues, probably because I'm not an animal.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I wish we could skip July and go straight to august so I can get the Mario xcom game.

same except also skip a month of summer, the worst season

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Skip my birthday and head straight to my funeral where my coffin is emblazoned with rabbid stickers

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Devoyniche posted:

I dont know if it's a misuse problem or not but I know that with my 3DS even when I was using it properly and taking care of it, it ended up having a little mark where the bottom screen touched the top one when the thing was closed and left a mark.
This design issue was a deal even into the New 3DS I think. It's not a huge thing, I just dont want it to be a risk even if its only a risk 1 out of 100 times or something.

I got a the glass screen cover because I dont really have a problem with screen covers and like to feel like Im putting a condom on my electronics or whatever so they stay nice looking (to me).

Same for my 3ds.

After two days of having my Switch I had a tiny scratch on the left screen border. It's about the length of my pinky nail.

The screen protector was $8 for two so it was really just a no brainer for me.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

raditts posted:

I have a regular and New 3DS XL and neither of them have had screen scratching issues, probably because I'm not an animal.

same. I never threw a wiimote or destroyed a circlepad while playing smash3DS either so I don't feel the need to put a protector on anything much less the Switch. some people are just sloppy cavemen who can't handle a loving electronic device.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Dizz posted:

Skip my birthday and head straight to my funeral where my coffin is emblazoned with rabbid stickers

#DeadAndSassy

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Beastie posted:

Same for my 3ds.

After two days of having my Switch I had a tiny scratch on the left screen border. It's about the length of my pinky nail.

The screen protector was $8 for two so it was really just a no brainer for me.

Yours was from the lovely dock though right? Tape your rails, hos

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Yeah it was the dock. I take the thing out like two or three times a day and there isn't any marks on the Hori protector.

I'm super careful with all my electronics because I'm a huge nerd.

I'm a bit of a clean freak in general so I try to keep all my stuff as mint as possible.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Mister Facetious posted:

Given that there other two console makers are in a rut with nothing but sequels and non-exclusive, uncompelling third party poo poo

Are you joking? Is this a joke post?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
what happened to stardew valley? is it canceled?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

HyperPuma posted:

what happened to stardew valley? is it canceled?

GIMME THAT FUGGEN STARDEW.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

E: Beaten by a wide margin. I didn't even see the post above me.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Wheany posted:

Are you joking? Is this a joke post?

Nah it's the Switch thread.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I want another Luigi's Mansion that's more in line with the first one instead of multiple smaller mansions broken up into small segements

Exactly the complaint I have with Zelda's shrine system. They could've had like, twelve actually dungeon-length areas of ~10 puzzles each, with tests of strength for mid-bosses- but they went Far Cry instead.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Mister Facetious posted:

Exactly the complaint I have with Zelda's shrine system. They could've had like, twelve actually dungeon-length areas of ~10 puzzles each, with tests of strength for mid-bosses- but they went Far Cry instead.

Ya this is my only area of complaint with BOTW. The dungeons were pretty barebones and easy. Not the sprawling, massive dungeons were used to. Hopefully the next Zelda rectifies that and gives us the normal dungeons combined with a massive open world.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

But then where will they stick all those sweet loads?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:mrgw:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

But then where will they stick all those sweet loads?

They're called durians, and they grow on trees.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
What are the best BOTW side quests? Kind of sick of starting one and doing the first thing it tells me to do then the quest being completed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

What are the best BOTW side quests? Kind of sick of starting one and doing the first thing it tells me to do then the quest being completed.

The Tarrey Town founding/building quest was more than one step long; it was alright.

And finding the 10 monument stones for the historian in Zora is okay (you'll have passed a bunch on your first trip there).

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 24, 2017

• Locked thread