Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Nancy Pelosi very on point on Colbert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i feel like if he isnt kicked out(probably wont) he will lose 2020 and than the various state and federal cases will start coming out of the ground to get him.

I keep thinking this, logically, yes. It seems like there's no way this is avoidable.

But there's another part of my brain, like... A pre-Trump era political persona that argues that while that outcome seems completely unavoidable "logically", politics doesn't work this way obviously. There is a 0% chance the justice system of this nation will ever charge a president with a crime once they leave office, even if they did shoot someone on 5th Avenue in broad daylight. There's a whole buttload of political reality decorum arguments to made.

They're all stupid and self-undermining, but you can imagine the reality of the situation. Polarization is bad now, we'd probably end up with literal blood in the streets given ammunition the GOP would get from this.

"DEEP STATE COUP, THEY'RE LITERALLY LOCKING US UP"

I suspect more than a few unhinged Trumpians would take the messaging as a sign for more mass shootings (see PJ's white supremacy attack theories). And given this is Trump, you can imagine him literally calling for murder and political coup from his padded cell if he was to actually get sentenced. Few people to hear him, few would care, but enough to incite even more violence than as if any other president had been sentenced.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. But I'm trying to imagine the reasons it won't happen because it's never happened because :decorum:. And using mushbrained thinking, this anticipated spike in polarization and violence would dissuade the ruling class in charge of the justice system from actually using it to punish Trump.

But seriously, I don't know he'll actully go to jail despite the massive, obvious crimes. One part of me is absolutely positive he has to, or we admit our rule of law is fundamentally broken and the President is LITERALLY allowed to do anything. Another part of me is also absolutely positive he can't because it would completely and utterly throw a wrecking ball through our political machine unlike anything we've ever seen before, and the folks in charge of deciding if justice actually gets carried out REALLY doesn't want to risk breaking the whole thing by doing their drat job for once.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1190020274495905792

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

no, he moved his primary residence from Trump Tower in NYC to Mar A Lago

But why? This seems like something that is important on paper only and doesnt actually mean anything?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
FL harboring an omega level criminal sounds like it would be a bad thing to do in these other timelines.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

cr0y posted:

But why? This seems like something that is important on paper only and doesnt actually mean anything?

Nobody knows.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

He's going to Florida so he can personally protect Alabama from all the hurricanes

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Xaiter posted:

I keep thinking this, logically, yes. It seems like there's no way this is avoidable.

But there's another part of my brain, like... A pre-Trump era political persona that argues that while that outcome seems completely unavoidable "logically", politics doesn't work this way obviously. There is a 0% chance the justice system of this nation will ever charge a president with a crime once they leave office, even if they did shoot someone on 5th Avenue in broad daylight. There's a whole buttload of political reality decorum arguments to made.

They're all stupid and self-undermining, but you can imagine the reality of the situation. Polarization is bad now, we'd probably end up with literal blood in the streets given ammunition the GOP would get from this.

"DEEP STATE COUP, THEY'RE LITERALLY LOCKING US UP"

I suspect more than a few unhinged Trumpians would take the messaging as a sign for more mass shootings (see PJ's white supremacy attack theories). And given this is Trump, you can imagine him literally calling for murder and political coup from his padded cell if he was to actually get sentenced. Few people to hear him, few would care, but enough to incite even more violence than as if any other president had been sentenced.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. But I'm trying to imagine the reasons it won't happen because it's never happened because :decorum:. And using mushbrained thinking, this anticipated spike in polarization and violence would dissuade the ruling class in charge of the justice system from actually using it to punish Trump.

But seriously, I don't know he'll actully go to jail despite the massive, obvious crimes. One part of me is absolutely positive he has to, or we admit our rule of law is fundamentally broken and the President is LITERALLY allowed to do anything. Another part of me is also absolutely positive he can't because it would completely and utterly throw a wrecking ball through our political machine unlike anything we've ever seen before, and the folks in charge of deciding if justice actually gets carried out REALLY doesn't want to risk breaking the whole thing by doing their drat job for once.

I feel like he will get arrested at somepoint out of office and up in court battles for years. i think his business are hosed as are junior and kushner. i doubt he will ever end up in jail, but my guess is he will die from stress or offs himself or something while all the court battles happen. the ruling classes for the most part hate his guts for various reasons and at this point won't save. if he called for violence and violence happened. he would be in deeper poo poo. anyway, i have no clue what will happen. i hope he gets hosed over.

Sojourn
Mar 28, 2005
Oh god, could you imagine the nightmare it would be to try and seat an “unbiased” jury for any kind of Trump trial? The amount of coverage this president’s shenanigans has gotten is absurd and I doubt many people could take the hit to their finances that being on a jury for that length of time would cause. My anxiety starts acting up just thinking about it.

Not to mention the risk of juror identities being leaked and the death threats that would follow.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Slowpoke! posted:

Nancy Pelosi very on point on Colbert

Got details?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/JonathanTalking/status/1190081964952498177?s=20

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I just saw this on Twitter and I keep thinking about how unhappy the two older ones look and how they’ll probably cite this exact picture in therapy in like a decade lmao.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

jesus christ.

thats some sad loving poo poo.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Ah. More child abuse.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The list of things wrong with this image gets longer the more you look at it.

Edit: "Kids, for Halloween, how do you feel about being chained and dressed in blackface? Sounds great doesn't it!"

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Happy Halloween from 2017............................

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

Sojourn posted:

Oh god, could you imagine the nightmare it would be to try and seat an “unbiased” jury for any kind of Trump trial? The amount of coverage this president’s shenanigans has gotten is absurd and I doubt many people could take the hit to their finances that being on a jury for that length of time would cause. My anxiety starts acting up just thinking about it.

Not to mention the risk of juror identities being leaked and the death threats that would follow.

We'd have to find someone frozen 10,000 years ago, sometime before 2015.

Then 11 more. I imagine we could begin proceedings sometime near the heat death of the universe.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Besesoth posted:

If loving only Trump had the self-awareness to do something like this if he started losing R support.

Crazy how now it's cool to talk about the base like it's a new thing that never suddenly evaporated before. :)

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1190032663148728321

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

literally putting on blackface to own the libs

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Otteration posted:

If only he was that bright and capable of conniving.

Parscale has been pushing for it apparently.

Edit: https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1190072322335612928?s=19

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 1, 2019

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

i am harry posted:

Happy Halloween from 2017............................

I won’t stop or punish you, but I strongly suggest you all do not post your picture or your family’s picture on this website, please.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I spent a year intermittently doing some site stabilization work in West Virginia. My guess is that 50% of rural residents there would consider that kid Halloween stunt perfectly normal behavior.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

"I’ve got the evidence. Who has the guts to pursue big Dem crooks."

Ooh! Ooh Pick me!

Shoot your wad at Biden some more please, maroon.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Parscale has been pushing for it apparently.

Is trump listening?

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Lightning Knight posted:

I won’t stop or punish you, but I strongly suggest you all do not post your picture or your family’s picture on this website, please.

This might be a joke I don't get, but that's Trump Jr. and his children of the corn.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Florida Man

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Ershalim posted:

This might be a joke I don't get, but that's Trump Jr. and his children of the corn.

Hahaha is it? I’ve never seen that picture and I don’t know what his kids look like.

Well what I said stands but also clearly I am not Online enough.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

Hahaha is it? I’ve never seen that picture and I don’t know what his kids look like.

Well what I said stands but also clearly I am not Online enough.

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

Otteration posted:

"I’ve got the evidence. Who has the guts to pursue big Dem crooks."

Ooh! Ooh Pick me!

Shoot your wad at Biden some more please, maroon.

Rudy really could argue a speeding ticket down to murder.

How does this dumb gently caress not realize that's exactly the thing that's going to send him to jail?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Otteration posted:

Crazy how now it's cool to talk about the base like it's a new thing that never suddenly evaporated before. :)

Huh? I'm talking about Trump's mindset. I didn't say anything about the base outside of the "if he started losing R support" hypothetical.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

K, Thanks.

Edit: Still not sure if there's any semblance of sanity involved though.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 1, 2019

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I can’t imagine the power of his daddy issues.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
This'll be a fun bit of trivia in the future. "Which president ran as a resident of a different state in their re-election campaign?"

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr17fMPT0Xg&t=1350s

i listened to the trump dollop podcast again and this exchange slays me every time

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Besesoth posted:

Huh? I'm talking about Trump's mindset. I didn't say anything about the base outside of the "if he started losing R support" hypothetical.

K, no biggie. Nixon's resignation attributes his need to quit due to the sudden loss of his base. Hard to predict trump's mindset, but the sudden loss of trump's base might make him do something stupid, like suddenly move to Nebraska or something. We can only hope. :)

Edited for words are better in the right places.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 1, 2019

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Impeachment proceedings up 46-42, removal down 43-44. In Texas.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/11/01/texas-voters-evenly-split-impeachment-donald-trump-uttt-poll-finds/

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Otteration posted:

K, no biggie. Nixon's resignation attributes his need to quit due to the sudden loss of his base. Hard to predict trump's mindset, but the sudden loss of trump's base might make him do something stupid, like suddenly move to Nebraska or something. We can only hope. :)

Edited for words are better in the right places.

Oh, for sure. I'm not placing any bets but I definitely hope Trump's base collapses like a flan in a cupboard once the public hearings and closed-hearing transcripts start coming out.

(Also, I see why they're sticking with "quid pro quo", but I wish they wouldn't. It's a more nebulous term than "extortion", but it also allows Trump and his allies to say "well he didn't literally say the words 'quid pro quo' so...". Most rational people understand that extortion can be implicit. "Nice aid Congress gave you there. Be a shame if anything happened to it.")

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

How dare you insinuate that I am Donald Trump Junior what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

i am harry posted:

How dare you insinuate that I am Donald Trump Junior what the hell

it is me, i am owned