Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Zoben posted:

What are some of the little touches about the show that always put a smile on your face? Two that come to mind for me are when Hook Nose Mike would call in, and his greeting became obligatory but secondary to the conversation. "Hey there Howard ya hook nosed jew bastid, listen:"

I actually enjoy and wait for Howard's half-hearted 'Awww' every time HNM called in and used his standard greeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I actually enjoy and wait for Howard's half-hearted 'Awww' every time HNM called in and used his standard greeting.

Yeah, that's the best part of it. "Oh, it's you", but not in a hostile way.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
This is probably going to turn into a "Why we love Fred" discussion, but for me, its when he used to play Richard's News Stings when they came back from break while the news was going on.

"Big black beautiful tits!"
"She owns a booaattt... but she... cannot swim"
"Bent over the sinnnkkkk... took it... anally from a black guy"
"Shits her pants while she was jogging"

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Zoben posted:

What are some of the little touches about the show that always put a smile on your face? Two that come to mind for me are when Hook Nose Mike would call in, and his greeting became obligatory but secondary to the conversation. "Hey there Howard ya hook nosed jew bastid, listen:"

My other favorite is whenever Dominic, Bloated Attorney would call in and Fred would do the gurgling noise right away. There's so many touches that Fred adds, it's hard to think of them all.

What's funny is that Hook Nose was probably one of the best non-wack pack frequent callers. He always had good questions or input on the show- he was like the anti-Bobo.

Also that Dominic Barbera gurgling fat noise Fred would not only do when he called, but whenever his name was mentioned. I loved that.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I miss Hate Man, he always made me laugh. What a maniac.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

DeadBonesBrook posted:

This is probably going to turn into a "Why we love Fred" discussion, but for me, its when he used to play Richard's News Stings when they came back from break while the news was going on.

"Big black beautiful tits!"
"She owns a booaattt... but she... cannot swim"
"Bent over the sinnnkkkk... took it... anally from a black guy"
"Shits her pants while she was jogging"

Anyone one of these would be great on her tombstone.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Ever notice Fred never does sound drops of himself or Howard? He uses tons of them for Robin, Gary, Benjy, JD, Ronnie, even Jason.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I guess this was the "phone call I didn't want to have" that Artie talked about weeks ago.

http://pagesix.com/2017/03/23/artie-lange-fired-from-crashing-after-heroin-arrest/

quote:

“Since this HBO show ‘Crashing’ premiered, which I just got fired from — I might go to jail,” he admitted to “Len Berman & Todd Schmitt in the Morning” on Thursday. “I’ve had a lot of success and a lot of happy times, but when I do the failure stuff … that’s all TMZ wants to talk about, and they get it out there and I lose my job. That’s what happens. [‘Crashing’] was the one time critics actually liked what I did. Well, that’s the last time you’ll see it.”

LOL

"I got arrested for heroin and coke, am facing jail time but those cunts at TMZ talking about it is why I got fired"

Serious Edit: He mentions that the junk he gets is cut with Fentanyl. The part of Southern Ontario I'm in has a HUGE problem with this as it's causing a ton of fatal overdoses. Trace amounts of that stuff are enough to kill you.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 23, 2017

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
If Artie goes to jail, is he gonna have to take care of the kid?

I hope the members of the White Supremacist gang like jokes about walking to St. Louis one weekend.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Former Human posted:

Ever notice Fred never does sound drops of himself or Howard? He uses tons of them for Robin, Gary, Benjy, JD, Ronnie, even Jason.

Lets gently caress some whores!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Bonzo posted:

Serious Edit: He mentions that the junk he gets is cut with Fentanyl. The part of Southern Ontario I'm in has a HUGE problem with this as it's causing a ton of fatal overdoses. Trace amounts of that stuff are enough to kill you.

Isn't Fentanyl that "I blacked out and when I woke up I'd purchased a grand piano off eBay" drug, or am I misremembering?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/845024614996742148

https://twitter.com/JuddApatow/status/844972344460263424

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Bonzo posted:

No he didn't, he was referring to 'stuff on the street'

quote:

When asked about how he obtains his drugs, Lange cracked, “Sure, I have a regular dealer, you can’t just get stuff on the street, it’s not good at all. It’s like, really bad, and you get sick from it because they cut it with Fentanyl and baking soda. I have a regular guy in Newark … He’s not American. He’s not in favor of Trump’s immigration plan.”

YeahTubaMike posted:

Isn't Fentanyl that "I blacked out and when I woke up I'd purchased a grand piano off eBay" drug, or am I misremembering?

No, that was some Soviet benzodiazepine. Fentanyl is what can kill someone from a very small dose. The stuff frequently found 'on the street' is usually an analog of fentanyl (sold as a"research chemical", in a pathetic attempt to give it a legitimate use). The analogs are usually even more potent than pharmaceutical fentanyl, with the added bonus of being illicitly manufactured with no oversight and no studies on what happens when used in living things.

Not a surprise, but Artie comes off as a real rear end in a top hat. He tries to justify himself and tell kids how bad it is and not to do it, but turns around and praises it in the same sentence and tries to play it off as 'humor'.

Banditoh
Aug 13, 2005

YeahTubaMike posted:

That was "joose" or phenazepam, I think. For a good anti-drug ad see the joose/phenazepam/benzo thread

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I hope he goes to jail just so he gets off the drugs, it worked for gucci mane

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bonzo posted:

You and me both, man, though I'm just outside of Montreal. It seems like every week, there's at least one fentanyl-related CBC news story, it's insane.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Listening to the 2/12/2007 show, Trumpito calls in during a Craig Gass segment and starts talking about this super hot new Miss World contestant he's lathered up for

It's Miss Russia, of course

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Artie going to jail is pretty best-case-scenario at this point I suppose

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
If Artie thinks his dealer would never give him some dirty junk then :lol:

Also I've been listening to Lance's BTLS collection and Bubba says on, like day 2, that he gets off on seeing Heather gently caress other guys. So I guess that answers the question we had a few pages ago.

BobbyK posted:

Artie going to jail is pretty best-case-scenario at this point I suppose

Well that will force him into detox and rehab if anything. However I hope he stays clean because heroin addicts usually OD when they relapse.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

I miss Hate Man, he always made me laugh. What a maniac.

"You gotta lick me you loving coon!" from the black phone sex prank call may be the funniest line from the show.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Banditoh posted:

That was "joose" or phenazepam, I think. For a good anti-drug ad see the joose/phenazepam/benzo thread

Aaaaaaahhh I was only remembering the "phen" part, thanks.

Either way, I really don't want Artie to die, but having seen Amy Winehouse & Scott Weiland basically decompose right in front of my eyes in the months leading up to their respective deaths, I don't see any other way for this to go.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Bonzo posted:

I guess this was the "phone call I didn't want to have" that Artie talked about weeks ago.

http://pagesix.com/2017/03/23/artie-lange-fired-from-crashing-after-heroin-arrest/

LOL

"I got arrested for heroin and coke, am facing jail time but those cunts at TMZ talking about it is why I got fired"

Wait is that the same Todd Schmitt that bubba use to complain about in local Florida markets and had the court case with?

E: yep holy and Diaco was disbarred taking the whole law firm down representing Bubba over the case http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/last-two-lawyers-disbarred-in-diaco-dui-set-up/2290994

Viktor fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 24, 2017

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/NikRuckert/status/845030230687465473

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/artiequitter/status/845233867791482880

Classic Artie :rolleyes:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I really have to believe that's a joke. It's Artie so who knows but it seems like he's laying it on pretty thick.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'd believe it was a joke if he didn't go on hour long rants on twitter about busy, famous people not dropping everything to respond to him within an hour. Not everyone is your dealer, Artie.

Jay Mohr does the exact same poo poo on twitter and it's insufferable.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Jay Mohr does the exact same poo poo on twitter and it's insufferable.

Yeah, I'm actually surprised at how much of a poo poo Jay Mohr seems to be. I used to like him, from what I had seen, but then all of that stuff happened between him and the show, and him vs Craig Gass (who does THE best Walken impression ever).

Bleh on Jay Mohr. Bleh, I say.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, I'm actually surprised at how much of a poo poo Jay Mohr seems to be. I used to like him, from what I had seen, but then all of that stuff happened between him and the show, and him vs Craig Gass (who does THE best Walken impression ever).

Bleh on Jay Mohr. Bleh, I say.

Yeah, but Action was amazing!

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Ether Frenzy posted:

Listening to the 2/12/2007 show, Trumpito calls in during a Craig Gass segment and starts talking about this super hot new Miss World contestant he's lathered up for

It's Miss Russia, of course

Lol I just listened to that one yesterday. I love all the stuff about Anna Nicole Smith although it's kind of morbid

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, but Action was amazing!
Aha, apparently the casting was too perfect, he really is a giant douchebag. Does this mean Iliana Douglas is actually a prostitute?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Bonzo posted:

Also I've been listening to Lance's BTLS collection and Bubba says on, like day 2, that he gets off on seeing Heather gently caress other guys. So I guess that answers the question we had a few pages ago.

I gets worse...
Speaking of, here is March 2006
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5snvD-9mVh_cmVGVnlFdzl6UjA/view?usp=sharing

I am taking down January, because I can only have 15gb uploaded at a time.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

My favorite little touch was from way back when Fred and Jackie would repeat "belly shirt" or "panties" any time the words were used.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

tao of lmao posted:

My favorite little touch was from way back when Fred and Jackie would repeat "belly shirt" or "panties" any time the words were used.

Tom Frooze!

That stuff always cracked me up. :allears:

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bonzo posted:

LOL

What if animal tranquilizer kills Baby Gorilla?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Sour Shoes Prank Calls Adam Carolla As Artie Lange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l-G5hjNqlY

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Former Human posted:

Sour Shoes Prank Calls Adam Carolla As Artie Lange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l-G5hjNqlY

Hahahah he's the most talented person on the staff by far.

Edit: This is the most I've seen anyone "control" Sour Shoes.

Moniker fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Mar 25, 2017

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Moniker posted:

Edit: This is the most I've seen anyone "control" Sour Shoes.

He's one of the most talented people, period. This doesn't demonstrate his vast range of talent like other calls do, but the fact that he's seemingly able to conduct such an extensive conversation entirely in character like that, presumably unscripted, is incredible. What is even more impressive is that it also sounds exactly like what Artie would be saying if Artie did call in to Adam's show, with the description of Marci being the one keeping him from reaching Howard, his fallout with Howard, Artie lamenting how he can't reach him now that he's changed, etc.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Moniker posted:

Wait, they pay him now?

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Wait, they pay him now?

Bad phrasing. I meant he's he most talented person from the show, not on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Moniker posted:

Bad phrasing. I meant he's he most talented person from the show, not on the show.

Gotchya. Well I agree