Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Urianger stays at the waking sands because he offers the hard / EX primal quests there and the writers were like "crap, we can't move him now..." I guess they could have just done what they did with Rowena and have him at two places at once.

I can't tell if you're referencing Louisiox, Moenbryda, or Minfilia.

Now what terrible things have the first two done to deserve that title besides indirectly creating the second worst scion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Pop quiz: you're tanking lost city HM and do a big pull of all the beetles and gremlins up to, but just short of the room where butterflies spawn when you attack the eggs. The two DPS in your party are out of TP and all the mobs are low on health but still alive.

Do you:

A) wait for them to mop up the pull before moving on or

B) attack the eggs, spawn the butterflies, and also pull all those mobs into the boss room and also pull the boss while all the mobs are still alive and your dps have no TP and one of them keeps dying because he's lagging or something

I thought I knew how to tank but the answer surprised me in the DF exdr I did last night

Trick question, everyone knows the answer is pitch a giant entitled fit and demand to be vote kicked.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Garlond Ironworks Gear now available in cash shop. Can't wait for all the Biggs and Wedge cosplays :allears:

edit: There's Cid gear too, but it's dude only :argh:

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 26, 2016

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Technogeek posted:

SE should put gender unlocked items in the cash shop. It's not fair for a vocal minority to convince SE to use everyone's development resources and money on gender neutral outfits that very few people want. However I think it's fine as long as the people who want the outfits pay extra to help cover the development costs.

You're really not putting any effort into this are you? Most of your reposts are just mildly disagreeable rather than hilariously outrageous.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SilverSupernova posted:

Now what terrible things have the first two done to deserve that title besides indirectly creating the second worst scion.

I was only naming off the three Scions that I know to be dead, soo v:shobon:v

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I don't see why they can't move Uriranger, just because he's a quest giver doesn't exclude Waking Sands being a complety closed off area of the game like an Inn room

They're probably concerned about weird quest timing issues. Such as "I did part of the coil quests and then advanced the main story and suddenly Urianger is not where I left him". There are also cutscenes also show him talking to you in the Waking Sands and then you are either having weird incongruous cutscenes in the wrong area or have to spend time developing multiple cutscenes and a script that says when to use which one based on your progress in a different quest. Easier to just have him stay there.

Comedy option: something about the quest database could break horribly if you can potentially get a quest from more than one location.

This is also while I feel pretty confident that the story can never kill off Urianger, Cid, Y'shtola, Krile, or the elfkids due to their involvement in sidequests. Things would get too weird if they kill off Krile and then later you go to unlock Sephirot for the first time.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Technogeek posted:

SE should put gender unlocked items in the cash shop. It's not fair for a vocal minority to convince SE to use everyone's development resources and money on gender neutral outfits that very few people want. However I think it's fine as long as the people who want the outfits pay extra to help cover the development costs.

Not the worst idea.

Kwyndig posted:

Garlond Ironworks Gear now available in cash shop. Can't wait for all the Biggs and Wedge cosplays :allears:

Okay, the body, I can deal with. But gender-locked goggles? Seriously? My MCH is sad. =(

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

That's what you get for the year of bunny ears being female only.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

That teraflare-casting Bahamut mini is loving amazing.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 26, 2016

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Thundarr posted:

This is also while I feel pretty confident that the story can never kill off Urianger, Cid, Y'shtola, Krile, or the elfkids due to their involvement in sidequests. Things would get too weird if they kill off Krile and then later you go to unlock Sephirot for the first time.

Nanamo appears in the CUL class quest. I have no idea what happens if you do that quest during the part of the ARR storyline where she's supposed to be dead, but I'm assuming it just continues normally?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Tamba posted:

Nanamo appears in the CUL class quest. I have no idea what happens if you do that quest during the part of the ARR storyline where she's supposed to be dead, but I'm assuming it just continues normally?

I've heard that it just plays out normally and that it is really weird if you do that quest between 2.55 and about halfway through 3.0. But it all works out later so eh.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

That's right. Nothing changes, regardless of where you are in the MSQ. It's very silly.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The Echo did it

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Tamba posted:

It does, yes. The CUL quests happen before the 2.55 story, so you're just seeing things slightly out of order.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

It's not like they actually allowed anything of consequence to happen in the 2.55 story anyway.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I did the Shiva EX quest after beating 3.0. That's a fun one to figure out.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

nuru posted:

It's not like they actually allowed anything of consequence to happen in the 2.55 story anyway.

The Scions are still basically stumbling around without leadership. I was going to agree with you at first, but that's no small issue.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
So am I the only one seeing the sentence "It's not fair for a vocal minority to convince SE to use everyone's development resources and money on gender neutral outfits that very few people want." in the quote I posted earlier?

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Technogeek posted:

So am I the only one seeing the sentence "It's not fair for a vocal minority to convince SE to use everyone's development resources and money on gender neutral outfits that very few people want." in the quote I posted earlier?

If it makes you feel any better, I also thought it was a bad post. :(

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I for one will greet our bunnybro invaders with open arms

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Technogeek posted:

I mean, I see it, I don't agree with it, but it's not an awful opinion. And based on your twitter feed, there's much more horrible posts on the subject too.

Personally, I want to see some Roe bros in Thavranian Bustiers.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Technogeek posted:

I'm not saying it's not a dumb post, it's just not very funny.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I just want to be a catgirl butler, that's all I want from this game right now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I just want to be able to dye my new Garlond sweater.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm not saying it's not a dumb post, it's just not very funny.

I wish to apologize on Technogeek's behalf for you not finding the post sufficiently amusing, forums poster Fister Roboto.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Soon.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I don't see why they can't move Uriranger, just because he's a quest giver doesn't exclude Waking Sands being a complety closed off area of the game like an Inn room

It's probably not as simple as "move Quest_NPC_X to x,y,z after EventX" for them and would also require adjustments to any old quests that reference the Waking Sands, requiring the game to know where to send you. Also what happens if a person takes a quest in the Waking Sands and then run MSQs resulting in the move to Mor Dhona, where does it turn in and what does it break...etc.

It's not hard to understand why they don't spend time on something that would be extremely low priority and already has an in game excuse for not happening.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

:yeah:

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I'd pay some tiny amount of money to remove the dude looking shawl or whatever from the waist of the Bohemian coat.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

nuru posted:

Yeah as much as I like the character in question I wish they hadn't backpedaled so hard on that particular event (and indeed that whole plot)

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I have a friend who leveled dragoon from 30-50 after finishing heavensward. Estenien shows up as usual. Nothing at all is changed.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah as much as I like the character in question I wish they hadn't backpedaled so hard on that particular event (and indeed that whole plot)

I don't think that they backpedalled here, rather that this is exactly what they had planned to try and establish Lolorito as a Game of Thrones-esque manipulator. Nanamo's comments to Aymeric in the latest MSQ pretty strongly hints at the idea that she's gonna be inspired by the social change in Ishgard and redouble her efforts in Ul'dah, which would set Lolo up as a big bad we can't directly fight without some serious social upheaval.

Not to say that it wasn't clumsily handled, but that's nothing new for Square really.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/7cc499aaa98/
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/ca83c47bebd/

Cid outfit is only two pieces, head and chest/pants/legs/boots. That really killed any enthusiasm I had for it considering it's $8.

Also the dreadwyrm miniature is $15 :barf:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Kwyndig posted:

Oh my god, those Carbuncle furnishings!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

nuru posted:

Also the dreadwyrm miniature is $15 :barf:

The price tag is steep as hell. But I've seen it in person and it is loving majestic, so I am still tempted to drop a silly amount of money for an MMO furniture item.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I need that giant moogle for moogle themed room.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Thundarr posted:

The price tag is steep as hell. But I've seen it in person and it is loving majestic, so I am still tempted to drop a silly amount of money for an MMO furniture item.

It got installed in the TPT house last night, and was impressively epic.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I am returning to the game, my charater is still in 2nd guild but i started a new charater and i want to join TPT. is there any rules to alts or do my alt need to be in the 2nd guild?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Thundarr posted:

Yes it is a gorgeous piece of furniture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Money well spent.

• Locked thread