Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

At this point, there are so many Pokémon that there are enough to make a lot of regional Pokédexes (and thus Pokémon available for the main campaign). Also they have the luxury to bring back a Pokémon that hasn't been made widely available in years since its debut and make them more prominent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i prefer regular raichu

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So hey what's the deal with the tv show. When is it supposed to start again? Disney aired 2 episodes months ago and that's it. My kid keeps bugging me and it doesn't seem like they've aired any more?!

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Tell your kid it's time to start kickin' it Team Skull style with flagrant but otherwise harmless flouting of social norms. :filez:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

FishBulb posted:

So hey what's the deal with the tv show. When is it supposed to start again? Disney aired 2 episodes months ago and that's it. My kid keeps bugging me and it doesn't seem like they've aired any more?!

it's time to dust off a vcr and take out the pokemon tapes you bugged your mom to get you when you were 8

your kid should know the glory of the squirtle squad

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

someone awful. posted:

Who cares, Alola Raichu supremacy

Alola Raichu is indeed different enough that it counts. Alola Raticate users on the other hand will never be cradled in the arms of Jesus.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I love Faticate

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Feed me pancakes, Raichu.

Is the old Pokémon episode where a giant Tentacruel wrecks everything as messed up as I remember?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Rangpur posted:

Tell your kid it's time to start kickin' it Team Skull style with flagrant but otherwise harmless flouting of social norms. :filez:

Should I be worried or proud when my kid steals a bus stop?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Looks like it's time to either teach your kid Japanese or introduce them to the wonderful world of fansubs!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

DizzyBum posted:

Looks like it's time to either teach your kid Japanese or introduce them to the wonderful world of fansubs!

gently caress that

mandatory lesbian posted:

it's time to dust off a vcr and take out the pokemon tapes you bugged your mom to get you when you were 8

your kid should know the glory of the squirtle squad

I was 18 when Pokémon started I bought my own tapes thank you very much.

She can watch the old episodes on her iPad already though.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

FishBulb posted:

gently caress that

:japan:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I watched Mewtwo Strikes Back in unsubbed Japanese when I was 7

That movie is surreal when you don't understand the language

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I remember watching RealPlayer dbz fansubbed movies in middle school. It's never too early to start.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

introduce your children to that one dbz amv of In The End

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The motto on my family crest is "Watch the entire 3 hour Gohan vs. Cell fight on youtube every single day" and by god was that an important part of my development

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

the weird thing is that motto predates both the creation of youtube and the Dragon Ball manga

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i put my trust!! in!! you!! :ssj:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

FishBulb posted:

Beats me. During XY, the time between the Japanese release and the English release got as close as 51 days, but now it's been 120 days since episode 3 and 4 of SM aired and... nothing. Guess they're just waiting for a backlog.

You can continue to check the right hand side of Serebii, as that usually tells you when the next anime episode airs. Right now, that's just "2017".

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Crosspeice posted:

Beats me. During XY, the time between the Japanese release and the English release got as close as 51 days, but now it's been 120 days since episode 3 and 4 of SM aired and... nothing. Guess they're just waiting for a backlog.

You can continue to check the right hand side of Serebii, as that usually tells you when the next anime episode airs. Right now, that's just "2017".

That's weird considering the Japanese version is already 18 episodes in, how much of a backlog are they waiting for? Though come to think of it, have we ever had this big a gap between episodes of the anime in the US before?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

They probably have to make Olivia's outfit into a modest one-piece.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
One Piece (of poo poo)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Countblanc posted:

One Piece (of poo poo)

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Rangpur posted:

No worries.

But FYI to anyone, with a spare Diancie I also have a handful of 6 IV Pokemon with the right IVs/egg moves which I can trade. Also several shiny Pokemon which might (definitely) or might not be hacked. And a legit shiny Pelliper. :v:

Bit late, but I've got a spare Diancie kicking around in the Bank. What shinies do you have? (Besides the Pelipper. I also have a legit one of those :toot:) My FC is 3282-6460-3465, in game name is Els.

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:

Countblanc posted:

I remember watching RealPlayer dbz fansubbed movies in middle school. It's never too early to start.

2007 youtube days was just watching different linken park amvs

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

mycelia posted:

Bit late, but I've got a spare Diancie kicking around in the Bank. What shinies do you have? (Besides the Pelipper. I also have a legit one of those :toot:) My FC is 3282-6460-3465, in game name is Els.
Oh? Well, I've got this lv. 100 shiny Silvally & Virizion which are definitely edited/cloned/hacked/whatever. There's also a lv. 100 shiny Spanish Flareon & a lv. 5 shiny Darumaka (named BloodTrail) which are merely probably etc. I do have a guaranteed legit shiny Toxapex as well, but you can tell it's legit because it doesn't have the right nature, ability, or IVs. Got a soft spot for that one since I hatched it myself, but if it's the only one you're interested in I'm willing to part with it.

We're on each others friends list now, so drop me a line next time you're available.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Rangpur posted:

Oh? Well, I've got this lv. 100 shiny Silvally & Virizion which are definitely edited/cloned/hacked/whatever. There's also a lv. 100 shiny Spanish Flareon & a lv. 5 shiny Darumaka (named BloodTrail) which are merely probably etc. I do have a guaranteed legit shiny Toxapex as well, but you can tell it's legit because it doesn't have the right nature, ability, or IVs. Got a soft spot for that one since I hatched it myself, but if it's the only one you're interested in I'm willing to part with it.

We're on each others friends list now, so drop me a line next time you're available.

Ooh, can I have the Darumaka? I actually don't really mind what you give me, I just like collecting shinies. I'm online now when you're ready.

edit: aww, what a happy little dude. Thanks man :)

mycelia fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 25, 2017

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Much appreciated. I'm more or less building a natural dex by working backwards, and I wanted to collect the the Gen VI event Pokemon first before I committed to finding the rest of the Kalos originals.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, if I wanted to maximize Bottle Cap hording, how would I want to set up my Festival Plaza?

Right now I've got: Johto Tent 5*, Kalos Tent 3*, Treasure Hunt 5*, Treasure Hunt 4*, Trick Room 5*, Trick Room 5*, Rare Kitchen 5*. But I don't know if I want to mix/max that poo poo, or try to diversify.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I keep a couple of the EV training booths around in case I don't want to be bothered with looking for the right enemy to trigger an SOS battle, but I think that covers all the Bottle Cap relevant stuff (not counting Poke Pelago). Not sure how the odds stack up, but it takes about as long to search the cave for rare items/shards as it does for the lottos to refresh so it couldn't hurt to stay on top of it.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Finally hatched all of my competitive team. Still no shiny from masuda method or any of the countless encounters grinding levels. Pretty sure my charm is defective and needs to be returned to the Limited Too or wherever they get these pieces of garbage.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hrist posted:

Finally hatched all of my competitive team. Still no shiny from masuda method or any of the countless encounters grinding levels. Pretty sure my charm is defective and needs to be returned to the Limited Too or wherever they get these pieces of garbage.

It took me months after getting my charm to finally hatch a shiny. My new cool slow friend Vikavolt is pretty badass though.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I just noticed that Zygarde's 10% form has one of its glowing jewels where a dog's sphincter would be.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
me irl

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Hi

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

AlternateNu posted:

So, if I wanted to maximize Bottle Cap hording, how would I want to set up my Festival Plaza?

Right now I've got: Johto Tent 5*, Kalos Tent 3*, Treasure Hunt 5*, Treasure Hunt 4*, Trick Room 5*, Trick Room 5*, Rare Kitchen 5*. But I don't know if I want to mix/max that poo poo, or try to diversify.

You want as many treasure hunt lottery shops as possible as those give the caps. More stars means more likely to get 1st or 2nd prizes.

I keep a fortune teller and a rare kitchen in my plaza but all the others are treasure hunt shops that you can try once a day and I have more bottle caps than I need

Ask in discord if anyone is available to give you a 5* treasure hunt

Don't forget to also send the miners off every 12 hrs in pelago for shards or caps too

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

bradybunch posted:

You want as many treasure hunt lottery shops as possible as those give the caps. More stars means more likely to get 1st or 2nd prizes.

I keep a fortune teller and a rare kitchen in my plaza but all the others are treasure hunt shops that you can try once a day and I have more bottle caps than I need

Ask in discord if anyone is available to give you a 5* treasure hunt

Don't forget to also send the miners off every 12 hrs in pelago for shards or caps too

Also, Treasure Hunts are hardcoded to give you a Bottle Cap the very first time you use them, so if you find someone who keeps a Treasure Hunt 2* in their slot 1 you can just keep buying it over and over for 100 FC and get a Bottle Cap each time, or so I understand.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Could anyone help me out by trading some trade-evolvers back and forth? 1693-1316-5771

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sistergodiva posted:

Could anyone help me out by trading some trade-evolvers back and forth? 1693-1316-5771

Do you still need the trades? I can get online for a bit if you still need help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hey guys, want 4000 FC, 5 rare candies, and a love ball?

Hatch 200k eggs. Well, help anyway. You have to contribute 3.