Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

lol

kevin you should be ashamed

don't worry I'll dispose of it for u

reminds me of that dude from Rancid's signature guitar, that was like gunmetal instead of black but it's a reaaaal nice look

e- quoting kevin's shame for the new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Today I have my first guitar lesson in over 10 years (and back then I didn't take it seriously/extremely for granted) and my Agile Les Paul is coming in the mail. I'm super giddy about both these things, will post some photos once the guitar arrives :3:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
There is no shame. All are welcome ‘neath the arch

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Woah.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Is that a Fender made D’Aquisto? I’ve always wanted to try one of those.

Looks good - how does it play?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It is. It's the "Elite" model from (I think) 1985, possibly early '86. My Mom bought it for my Dad for their 25th wedding anniversary and he passed it down to me after he found and bought the "Ultra" model. The Elite was MIJ, with a shaped spruce top. The Ultra was I think MIA, with a carved top. The Ultra is blonde, this guitar has had the white binding removed from the pickguard (Dad says it was falling off, but who knows) and it has a Seth Lover Seymour Duncan installed in it.

I can't play chord melody so it sits in the case. It's sad, really. I have been forbidden to sell it, but maybe someday I'll let it go anyway because it deserves a better home.

The action is incredible and of course it really needs flatwounds on it. It has such a sweet acoustic tone. I just am not the right guy to play it.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

rio posted:

Is that a Fender made D’Aquisto? I’ve always wanted to try one of those.

Looks good - how does it play?

Pretty good.
It came with flat wounds already on it, and the laminate apparently kept it from feeding back at all in combo which is nice.
The floating pickups seem cool, albeit a gimmick, but it’s undeniable that the sound is nice and round like it should be. I’m glad I didn’t settle for a cheaper archtop; this one feels like it has a pretty small amount of laminate and resonates really well compared to like a hollow body gretsch.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It’s beautiful!

landgrabber posted:

ok i have created goontar center. i will add more things by popular demand https://discord.gg/TrGkKG

Everyone should join this. It is awesome.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Rondo now offering extra-wide necks: http://www.rondomusic.com/AL-3010SECSBDAMNWide.html
Wasn't somebody asking about that a while back?

(By "now offering" apparently I actually meant "sold out immediately".)

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Does anyone have a link to Rio's youtube channel? Someone posted a video of his I wanted to watch and now I can't find the link

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://m.youtube.com/user/cadence440

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Thanks!

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention
What's the last word in headstock clamp tuners? My Korg chromatic tuner got crunched and no longer works, so I figure I might as well go for something a little more convenient.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

TopherCStone posted:

What's the last word in headstock clamp tuners? My Korg chromatic tuner got crunched and no longer works, so I figure I might as well go for something a little more convenient.

TC Polytune one is awesome and I use it daily. The battery lasts forever and it’s super fast and accurate.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

The Polytune Clip is the best clip tuner you can get. Totally worth it for the strobe mode alone, which is .02 cents accurate.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

landgrabber posted:

ok i have created goontar center. i will add more things by popular demand https://discord.gg/TrGkKG

Keeps saying invite invalid or expired.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://discord.gg/mKXVhAE

Does this work?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Great, now half the future content of thread will get posted somewhere else and I'll miss out on it. :smith:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Nah they serve different purposes.

Also get on discord it is excellent.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I'm in! Had to figure out how these new fangled Web 3.0 things work. Used to idling in IRC for months.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Lumpy posted:

Great, now half the future content of thread will get posted somewhere else and I'll miss out on it. :smith:

:justpost:

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Lumpy posted:

Based on other discords and the day or so this one has been up discord is just a cool bro hangout zone, or immediate answers to questions. I don’t think anyone would miss out on a ton of info not being there but at the same time, real time interaction is fun so get on it.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Hello I am an idiot and this guide completes me.

I wrote another reggae bit today, and did some noodling along with it with my french toast fuzz and it feels great. I'm collecting as many reggae demo bits as I can so I have a bunch of ideas to melt down and make songs from, I'm up to 4 decent bits now and I want about 8-10 before I make an EP out of them.

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Lumpy posted:

rio posted:

Based on other discords and the day or so this one has been up discord is just a cool bro hangout zone, or immediate answers to questions. I don’t think anyone would miss out on a ton of info not being there but at the same time, real time interaction is fun so get on it.

what rio said. so far it's mostly just being chill and then late at night talking about our personal lives.

i will say that's where most of the Landgrabber's Telecaster Acquisition Saga content is so sorry if you were enjoying that, i guess

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Let me see if today I can take a picture of all my current guitars so that you can see that maybe hesitating/second-guessing yourself might not be so bad.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Yeah, I can see 4 guitars and 5 pedals from where I'm sitting right now. A collection has a habit of growing.

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention

Kilometers Davis posted:

TC Polytune one is awesome and I use it daily. The battery lasts forever and it’s super fast and accurate.

rio posted:

The Polytune Clip is the best clip tuner you can get. Totally worth it for the strobe mode alone, which is .02 cents accurate.

Awesome, I'll get one. Thanks!

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
Random question:

Would anyone buy a Leslie if they made a version that was way, way smaller and sounded good in a home/bedroom set up? Do they already make something like this? I feel like it’s something they should already be doing.

Alternatively, are the Leslie sim pedals good enough that any of you would be fine taking one of those over a smaller/cheaper Leslie?

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Yeah, after I finish this headless build I'm gonna have a strict one-in-one-out policy. 9 guitars (not counting the broken archtop in the closet) is too much for me.

Speaking of the headless, I've finished with sanding. I sanded the neck with 120 and 220 paper and finished it off with an ultrafine sanding pad. I did the body with a random orbit sander, from 180 to 320. I need to go buy paint and clear today. I was planning on going with a crazy neon yellow or green, but I the local places only carry boring mustard yellow, so I'm leaning towards white because all of the hardware is black.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lester Shy posted:

. I was planning on going with a crazy neon yellow or green, but I the local places only carry boring mustard yellow, so I'm leaning towards white because all of the hardware is black.

what you're looking for is marking or striping paint. it's the fluorescent day glo stuff

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Wark Say posted:

Let me see if today I can take a picture of all my current guitars so that you can see that maybe hesitating/second-guessing yourself might not be so bad.

It's true, Landgrabber! Stop yourself now, lest you become... like me! :negative:

Nah, LOL it's awesome.

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010

After The War posted:

It's true, Landgrabber! Stop yourself now, lest you become... like me! :negative:

Nah, LOL it's awesome.

So... Where's the rest of them?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Ok the finger exercise video is finally up. Today is my first day back at work after the summer break so I am able to use the WiFi here since my internet has been poo poo this whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNp52jT6aLs

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

i lost out on a $250 white CV50 telecaster and now i'm mentally oscillating between putting my fist through the loving wall or crawling under the covers and reading the bell jar

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Quit being such a petulant baby

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Don’t unchill the guitar thread mate!

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Spanish Manlove posted:

Quit being such a petulant baby

yeah well the jerkstore called

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
16 year old is acting 16. Embrace guitar serenity

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

since i am desperate and have been taunted with the CV50, if anyone in this thread wants design work done (i desperately need a backlog - trying to go to college for it), i'd be glad to do watermarked spec work and then accept payment if you like it. i especially am interested in album/packaging design but i'll do pretty much anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Don't forget, you can always repaint the thing later. In fact, one of the most notable lazy repaints was a tele!