Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Loved flower boy, so I'll check this out. Thanks for the tip

Same. FB is probably my AOTY, no hyperbole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Yah thanks for the suggestion, Flower Boy has been in constant rotation so definitely checking this out. I also took your suggestions and picked up a couple albums at the record store last week. Got some Roy Ayers & Herbie Hancock and they are both excellent. Also picked up an Isaac Hayes album and he has such a great voice for sampling its ridiculous, been having some fun with Ike's Rap.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

lil b is amazing. he publicly forgave a boogie w/ a hoodie, called him up, squashed it etc. while preaching that responding to violence with violence is not good.

we really don't deserve him.

For real.

Dude shook off a mob attack AND forgave them children. Y'all tmz gawkers should take note.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

ruddiger posted:

Dude shook off a mob attack AND forgave them children. Y'all tmz gawkers should take note.

Aren't you the dude posting every other day about which chicago struggle rappers are supposedly beefing and which dude threw shade at some other dude on some mixtape that 8 people have ever listened to? I mean I think it's cool you put a bunch of content up because there's a ton of chicago poo poo that's solid coming out (although i've been over the drill poo poo for like 3 years now but w/e) but i don't think you're the guy to be playing the moral high ground about rapper gossip my dude.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

ruddiger posted:

For real.

Ruddiger is truly the best poster we have:

- posts tmz poo poo and calls out "tmz gawkers" in the same posts
- noise posts every lovely noname song that's ever originated in chicago
- internet tough guy, to boot

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

InfrastructureWeek posted:

Ruddiger is truly the best poster we have:

- posts tmz poo poo and calls out "tmz gawkers" in the same posts
- noise posts every lovely noname song that's ever originated in chicago

I don't even know what's happening in that clip?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Oh poo poo!

https://twitter.com/LILBTHEBASEDGOD/status/922843957427453954

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

whodatwhere posted:

I don't even know what's happening in that clip?

Everyone’s running after mobbing the BasedGod. The Based God is just shrugging it off like nothing happened.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

InfrastructureWeek posted:

How many times have goons in this thread wished death upon people I know simply because I promote music from the city that I love? How many times have I taken it personal?

I forgive you tho, rap thread. WWLBD

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the secret horror is that ruddiger is a crazed fan who actually kills all the no-names he posts about after they refuse to sign autographs

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

ruddiger posted:

How many times have goons in this thread wished death upon people I know simply because I promote music from the city that I love? How many times have I taken it personal?

I forgive you tho, rap thread. WWLBD
Is there a level above based?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

new thread title plz

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Jonathan Fisk posted:

the secret horror is that ruddiger is a crazed fan who actually kills all the no-names he posts about after they refuse to sign autographs

I gotta admit that something about "The Chicago No-Name-Rapper-Killer" just doesn't flow very well.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I mean, we’re all nerds posting about rap on a dead comedy forum. I don’t think any one of us has much of a leg to stand on, lol.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Why would someone kill Noname? She seems very nice and good at rapping.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

ive been liking the new earthgang project a lot. reminds me of like, chance the rapper and outkast combined. or something idk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK5YW8tJsx8

signed by jcole but more interesting by a mile imo

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Yeah I picked it up last week and have been listening to it on my commute. They're good. I'm looking forward to a full project that is a bit more cohesive.

Meditate is such a ridiculously good opening track that it kinda outshines the others though.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Boywhiz88 posted:

I mean, we’re all nerds posting about rap on a dead comedy forum. I don’t think any one of us has much of a leg to stand on, lol.

If everyone just remembered this before posting, the quality would undoubtedly be better.

This is in no way trying to say that my posts are of the “quality” I am referring to.

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
For someone from the UK this is difficult to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r__Ab2o4GEw

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Boywhiz88 posted:

Speak for yourself I'm super cool and tough irl

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I hope James Corden does his next carpool karaoke with an old woman who has a heart attack and crashes into a river

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Harsh, but fair.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Boywhiz88 posted:

Everyone’s running after mobbing the BasedGod. The Based God is just shrugging it off like nothing happened.

That fuckin' shoulder shrug as he's fixing his jacket. :mmmhmm:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Its dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffQS6x8aJJ8

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

We’re gonna see this man blow up in like 3 weeks, and for once I’m gonna be like... I don’t get it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

This is kind of incredible.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

what if he just talks like that?

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

that guy is one more speed ball away from his heart exploding holy poo poo

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
what the christ

maybe do fewer drugs than that

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Normies finding out about memes has ruined everything

temple
Jul 29, 2006

But seriously lil b is a beautiful human being

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

FUUUUCK KEVVVVin durAAAAANT

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

someone get that man an inhaler and a trip to detox

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Imagine15 plus people jump you and you get up looking refreshed and give an interview

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
alan, thanks for the Sumney rec, real solid album. he looks like he has a decent body of work so I'll work my way backwards :)

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Relatedly thanks to whoever posted that princess Nokia video the other day I've been listening to her album and really like it

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Crumbletron posted:

alan, thanks for the Sumney rec, real solid album. he looks like he has a decent body of work so I'll work my way backwards :)

Glad you liked it, it's been getting heavy play in my recent rotation. Really feels like a different take on rnb stuff from most of what's out now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-m4MnLsyIE

Was this posted a few months ago when it came out? Because I just saw it and I'm pretty sure Danny Brown is the GOAT

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
ever since that fader thing youtube thinks i like fantano now and i listened to his review of super slimey and he sounds like me after my first listen: two talented guys with some good highlights that mostly phone it in and don't really have chemistry, tracks too short, album all over the place cohesively.

after a million listens i think it's some of the best poo poo both have done and it is just an absolute pleasure to listen to them. they are obviously both going hard trying not to be completely outshined by the other and it shows. the shorter tracks just makes me want to slam it on again and every listen yields something new to appreciate about one or more of the tracks.

he likens it to what a time to be alive which is supremely insulting. i still haven't listened to that thing through and never will.

i'm really happy that i ended up liking it as much as i do because i've been wanting it for years.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Was this posted a few months ago when it came out? Because I just saw it and I'm pretty sure Danny Brown is the GOAT

also i missed this so thanks for posting it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Only just had the revolution that danny has a wife.