Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

lets hang out posted:

just make an account for a country that can, it takes like 2 minutes

I know, I have one for Asia, but can I still do microtransactions if I download on my alt account and play on my "main" account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

probably not. if you stuck with the asian account you could buy psn cards or whatever but your save is tied to your account so you couldn't go back and forth

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
800 dollars for overwatch???

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Tae posted:

800 dollars for overwatch???

Pat has an addictive personality as evidenced by his crate and trash dessert obsessions .

Just be glad Pat never got into actual drugs.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Neo_Crimson posted:

Pat has an addictive personality as evidenced by his crate and trash dessert obsessions .

I am now imagining Pat being stuck in Requiem for a Dream. Getting shock therapy.

Why can't I stop laughing?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Neo_Crimson posted:

Pat posted:

"I just ate a whole chocolate orange while you weren't looking!"

Yeah if he was on the hard poo poo he'd be dead in a loving week

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
I was being respectful of your no-heroin diet!

Why would you spray windex on my back-up stash?

oh god, it's uncanny

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Justice Sloth posted:

I was being respectful of your no-heroin diet!

Why would you spray windex on my back-up stash?

oh god, it's uncanny

I think pat would fit right in with the cast of shameless.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh, I thought it was just one VR video. Guess it's a full session of poo poo audio.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh, I thought it was just one VR video. Guess it's a full session of poo poo audio.

That's a shame I'm watching the battlefront vid and it's borderline unlistenable.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I do sort of enjoy how the videos instantly turned to poo poo when Matt left

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, like, you can defend some stuff, but uuuuuuuuuuf this I Expect You To Die video is something that only passes when your boss isn't around. At four minutes everything is shaking because Woolie's not calibrated well and they'll just keep pushing forward instead of rerecording.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Yeah, Matt deserves a break and I'm sure he'll be back soon enough, but I'm a little worried that there's no one there to rein in the other three now. He was always a breath of fresh air between Secret Chocolate Hobgoblin and The Anime Bros.

E: And they desperately need a dedicated editor.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, like, you can defend some stuff, but uuuuuuuuuuf this I Expect You To Die video is something that only passes when your boss isn't around. At four minutes everything is shaking because Woolie's not calibrated well and they'll just keep pushing forward instead of rerecording.

they fixed it 5 minutes in

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Scratch-O posted:

Yeah, Matt deserves a break and I'm sure he'll be back soon enough, but I'm a little worried that there's no one there to rein in the other three now. He was always a breath of fresh air between Secret Chocolate Hobgoblin and The Anime Bros.

E: And they desperately need a dedicated editor.

Woolie purportedly has some managerial chops from his old QA job, and he can probably keep things running while Matt is on vacation.

They do need a professional editor, I think everyone will agree with that, but I wouldn't take I Expect You To Die as a portent of things to come, they've had countless audio-visual issues over the years, it's nothing new.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie commented that it was an issue with the lapel mic they got for VR stuff fuckin' up the audio. X-Wing video has the original lapel sound and I Expect You to Die is probably audio from Liam's mic, which is why it sounds like Liam is eating the mic.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I dunno how it is for most people, but the amateurish aesthetic has a charm I very much enjoy and would be sad if it they got an editor that made sure their stuff was all professional and clean.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The point of an editor isn't to make it clean, the point is so they don't spend 6-10 hours everyday rendering and uploading and making sure the video is up manually every 2 and 8 o clock.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

YF-23 posted:

I dunno how it is for most people, but the amateurish aesthetic has a charm I very much enjoy and would be sad if it they got an editor that made sure their stuff was all professional and clean.

I mean, you can hire help and still keep the style, all a professional editor does in that case is save them time for content production, fix audio desync issues and maybe do some splicey-splicey BS like what Liam does when he's the one editing.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

YF-23 posted:

Professional unprofessionalism is the heart of SBFP's charm, but that wouldn't leave if there was someone behind the scenes making sure the audio is synced and listenable and that the videos all rendered properly. They won't suddenly start doing a million tiny cuts or having slick graphics, it's just getting someone else to do the repetitive parts of what they're doing now.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Are the Titanfall videos the only thing they're producing right now that either isn't hosed on a technical level or just bad on a let's play level

the let it die video was loving abysmal

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

Are the Titanfall videos the only thing they're producing right now that either isn't hosed on a technical level or just bad on a let's play level

the let it die video was loving abysmal

Yes, but Command Mission is the only other ongoing LP, and two amazing ones just ended, so all you're really saying by that is that Titanfall is better than one other LP, or alternatively, that it's the best thing from the last 3 days.

Given how bad Let It Die is, the video was as good as it could have been. But it's a one-off and they had some things they clearly wanted to say about it, so whatever.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

hoobajoo posted:

Yes, but Command Mission is the only other ongoing LP, and two amazing ones just ended, so all you're really saying by that is that Titanfall is better than one other LP, or alternatively, that it's the best thing from the last 3 days.

Given how bad Let It Die is, the video was as good as it could have been.

They get every possible gameplay detail wrong in that video, including getting mad at the game for not surfacing a mechanic when in fact it's a big loving bar right next to their health

If you don't like the game then whatever but don't pretend Woolie and Pat didn't completely botch it my dude

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 22, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

let it die is good actually, and i'm going to destroy everyone who keeps talking about lily bergamo like it was ever anything more than a 20 second trailer

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You have my axe

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I think woolie just decided that he did not like the game before playing it, then not bothering to read or pay attention to anything while playing it. also they just whine about that lily bergamo thing that was never going to happen

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

Given how bad Let It Die is, the video was as good as it could have been. But it's a one-off and they had some things they clearly wanted to say about it, so whatever.

Let It Die's a great game actually. They did a poo poo job showing it off cause they couldn't stop treating it like Dark Souls and/or it not being Lily Bergamo.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's not their fault the game is bad!!!

*repeatedly tries to use the taunt button as a dodge*

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Blockhouse posted:

it's not their fault the game is bad!!!

*repeatedly tries to use the taunt button as a dodge*

suffer-age ended, the Dsp arc has started

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think we can be mature enough adults to stop attributing bad videos and LPs to bad games (Which Let it Die is not, but let's play along for a second), because Matt and Pat played some loving trash here and there and turn it into gold. Yes, Ride to Hell is rife with potential poo poo to make fun of, but so is Ultra Despair Girls and that somehow became a macabre of Woolie being an enormous child about everything and Liam being ridiculously passive.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Woolie is the biggest manchild and that's saying something when pat is still on the roster

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Depths posted:

suffer-age ended, the Dsp arc has started

I don't think we've gotten that far yet...then again, I think Phil plays Pokemon games better than any of the best friends. :v:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, I'm not looking forward to LP discussion now that Matt's away and we're gonna get a fair bit of Woolie/Liam videos...

edit: also lol Let It Die looks mediocre but the people on the comment section are VERY butthurt so this video is worth it 10/10

Dias fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 22, 2016

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Captain Baal posted:

I think we can be mature enough adults to stop attributing bad videos and LPs to bad games (Which Let it Die is not, but let's play along for a second), because Matt and Pat played some loving trash here and there and turn it into gold. Yes, Ride to Hell is rife with potential poo poo to make fun of, but so is Ultra Despair Girls and that somehow became a macabre of Woolie being an enormous child about everything and Liam being ridiculously passive.

That's the thing, Let It Die isn't trash, it's just normal, unremarkable bad. Matt put it best that the hardest game to make entertaining videos out of is a mediocre one. And to whit, Ultra Despair Girls is not a trainwreck, it's a mediocre, repetitive game with a boring story, and I do think that's what made the LP poor; though it doesn't help Liam and Woolie are by far the worst pair for filling dead air.

If you feel differently and think LID is super great and the Best Friends sandbagged it OK; at the end of the day it's just one video.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Let it Die is a really hard game to showcase in one video, especially going in blind, but "they made a fine game look bad" isn't even peoples' major complaint.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm gonna disagree on your assessments of both LiD and UDG, but that's not really worth discussing since it's gonna come down to personal perspective of the games themselves. I think though that acting like it is the game's fault whenever a bad video is popped out is silly though, the guys themselves are obviously not perfect and when they have problems they make an already boring or bad game worse to watch. I'm not saying it's all that though, obviously there's a lot of content to enjoy otherwise the people complaining wouldn't still be watching. There's also a point where the amateurish stuff stops being funny and saying it's one vid doesn't mean people aren't entitled to discuss the problems with a video or how they approach certain things. I like to think everyone would appreciate if they could learn from the ASB vid or the Blazblue vid instead of just ignoring it and moving forward and making the same mistake again.

I don't think anyone here is being unreasonable, even people with disagreeing opinions of the matter, I just think saying stuff like "Well it's a boring game so it's not their fault" doesn't really add to any sort of discussion on the matter.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, the only other complaint was "they didn't get a mechanic", which is probably the one constant that connects all blind SBFP LPs.

EDIT: Also I think the game DOES matter, but some of the pairings are a lot worse at filling dead air time. Woolie and Liam feel like they try too hard to engage moment-to-moment gameplay, which is not great when you're playing a slower videogame (and also when you clearly didn't have the time/brainpower to understand game mechanics).

Dias fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 22, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I Expect You To Die is a good video, especially when Woolie starts to channel the infinite power and hype of Elba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The game definitely does matter, but I feel like I see the "Game is bad/boring nothing to talk about" argument a lot which is what I was mostly commenting on, but I might be projecting on that.