Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Do we have just one episode left for she hulk? Or is it ten episodes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's 9 but that was episode 7 so 2 left

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Is there anything stopping them from making any single episode longer than the others? I'm not necessarily suggesting they need to or even that it's a good idea, but talk about how much still needs to be crammed into the last couple of episodes got me to thinking about it. Disney+ doesn't have the normal constraints of a televised program; could a fake out with an extra-length finale be possible? Has it already been done and I've just forgot about it?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Porcupine spin-off when?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They need to save him for the Spider woman show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Is there anything stopping them from making any single episode longer than the others? I'm not necessarily suggesting they need to or even that it's a good idea, but talk about how much still needs to be crammed into the last couple of episodes got me to thinking about it. Disney+ doesn't have the normal constraints of a televised program; could a fake out with an extra-length finale be possible? Has it already been done and I've just forgot about it?

They’ve definitely done it with other series. WandaVision had a near hour long finale. I’m sure others mixed it up for what they needed.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Is there really anything that needs to be crammed into the next two episodes beside she hulk flexing a bunch of incels scientists?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

JT Smiley posted:

Is there really anything that needs to be crammed into the next two episodes beside she hulk flexing a bunch of incels scientists?

she's gotta work out the beef between her and Titania, so Titania can also flex on some incel scientists

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
also Daredevil I guess

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's no way Daredevil is on screen for more than 2 minutes. That's how they do stuff at the best of times, and given how tounge in cheek this show is they'll probably make it even shorter.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Opopanax posted:

There's no way Daredevil is on screen for more than 2 minutes. That's how they do stuff at the best of times, and given how tounge in cheek this show is they'll probably make it even shorter.

The stinger:

Jen (looking at camera): what? You were expecting a Daredevil cameo now? You'll just have to wait for...(suddenly cuts to black)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The stinger is Matt going to the tailor guy (I forget his name) and saying "it feels great but my friend who knows my identity says it's yellow? I'm going for a devil thing, can we do it in red please?"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

TwoPair posted:

The stinger is Matt going to the tailor guy (I forget his name) and saying "it feels great but my friend who knows my identity says it's yellow? I'm going for a devil thing, can we do it in red please?"

Hahaha "Behold, the Red Devil of Hell's Kitchen!!!...... What, why are you guys laughing"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
They should give Akwafina’s character from ShangChi her own show.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gripweed posted:

Add Darcy and make it a sidekick show

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Add Darcy and make it a sidekick show

And Madisyn

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The three of them as roommates who hide their brushes with the abnormal from each other but keep having to fight off ninja or help Ares learn to communicate with his wife or accidentally cater a demonic luncheon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I mean, Katey does already hang out with Wong.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

I mean, Katey does already hang out with Wong.

Sure but who hasn't.

For real though one of the biggest strengths of the MCU has been that they branch out and don't just make "Generic Super Hero Movie" over and over again, and D+ is the best avenue to experiment and do stuff like that, like She Hulk has kind of done so far. Would be very cool to see odder stuff

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Re-do Three's Company with Drax, Darcy, Katey. Madisynn replaces Larry, the upstairs neighbor. White-Mandarin is the landlord.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gripweed posted:

She was such a delight in that film.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I like the support group and I hope Emil stays a good guy.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Seeing some sitcom ideas that are lacking in Porcupine. For shame.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Codependent Poster posted:

She-Hulk is so so good.

I loved this episode.

I especially liked how all the people there were genuinely working through issues and all seemed to be actually nice and trying to better themselves. Including Emil. I hope Emil doesn't ever become a villain again and keeps being super well adjusted.

Especially if it annoys the poo poo out of Bruce that everyone figured that poo poo out way faster than his supposedly super-genius rear end did.

Good episode and uh, made me feel extremely called out due to dealing with my own similar poo poo for awhile this year.

twistedmentat posted:

I really want to see Kingpin vs Spiderman, as a kid that's how I was introduced to Fisk so they're always connected in my mind.

Please let Spidey just roast him over the way he says "Hell's KIT-chen" if this happens, and I want it to happen. That deleted scene that was just Spidey clowning on some mafia jobbers was the best thing about Far From Home. Let him be street level for awhile.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
To be fair to Bruce, it's also taken Emil years to sort his poo poo out too, and most of the others aren't walking H bombs, not to mention how messed Bruce's childhood was. If something sets off Spanish Sword Man or Man-Bull, someone gets stabbed or flattened while Hulk gonna smash a building or two just for starters.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Legends of Tomorrow season 1-3 is $3 right now on Google Play. That's like $3 for 1.5 seasons of great TV!

It's hilarious reading through the comments of people saying "Show was fantastic season 1, it should have been cancelled when it got stupid in season 2!"

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Especially if it annoys the poo poo out of Bruce that everyone figured that poo poo out way faster than his supposedly super-genius rear end did.

I find this reading of the character kind of sad. It's basically saying "lol it took Bruce such a long time to figure out how to deal with his trauma. What a loser"

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

Madkal posted:

I find this reading of the character kind of sad. It's basically saying "lol it took Bruce such a long time to figure out how to deal with his trauma. What a loser"

"Of course you can handle your trauma, just use one of your PHDs"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MCU Hulk doesn't have an abusive father, he had an absent father.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Madkal posted:

SnakesRevenge posted:

"Of course you can handle your trauma, just use one of your PHDs"

Not saying it makes him a loser, but notice how annoyed he was that Jen could control her anger so quickly in comparison. And let's face it, Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner is written and played more more as "comedy relief dweeb "in the MCU than "traumatized".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It turns out being really smart and being really well adjusted emotionally are different things. Who knew?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Rip cw

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Legitimately upset we’ll never see the adventures of Booster Gold and the Time Jail Alien Baby.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Medullah posted:

Legends of Tomorrow season 1-3 is $3 right now on Google Play. That's like $3 for 1.5 seasons of great TV!

It's hilarious reading through the comments of people saying "Show was fantastic season 1, it should have been cancelled when it got stupid in season 2!"

This is the most incorrect thing man has ever put to words

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

omg chael crash posted:

This is the most incorrect thing man has ever put to words

To clarify, it's not me saying it - just the comments. I'm team "Best show on TV after the first season"

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I know I know. It’s just wild to me that people can believe the 1st season was anything but trash

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

omg chael crash posted:

I know I know. It’s just wild to me that people can believe the 1st season was anything but trash

I couldn't make it through season 1 it was so bad.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Soonmot posted:

I just watched the episodes Matt Ryan guested on and then the season he became part of the main cast because I liked his Constantine so much, and it honestly wasn't that hard to follow.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Soonmot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdmVW53Bhd0&t=1s

I show people who don't like the show this clip from the season 3 finale and say "How can you not love this poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Medullah posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdmVW53Bhd0&t=1s

I show people who don't like the show this clip from the season 3 finale and say "How can you not love this poo poo"
CGI costs decreasing over time is an absolute good.