Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Sickening posted:

I wonder if you tried to repair that at an npc station if the -% values would multiply the cost.

It wouldn't have been negative in that case. This only happened because we stored a heavily damaged structure tanked ship in a POS hanger which strips the effect of player skills. I think a NPC station wouldn't have had the same effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Stereotype posted:

but i don't care about losing $1 and i sort of cared that i lost my ships, about as much as if i had lost $10.

i think most of us get what you meant

no one is sitting fretting because "oh no $300k". they're fretting because it's theirs and it has a value to them which is way harder to equate with plex-dollar conversions.

at least the reddit posts are a constant source of tears and a reminder that a lot of them are really not handling this well.

speaking of which - is chromium used in copium reactions? that would explain it spontaneously doubling in price overnight

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Baculus posted:

i think most of us get what you meant

no one is sitting fretting because "oh no $300k". they're fretting because it's theirs and it has a value to them which is way harder to equate with plex-dollar conversions.

at least the reddit posts are a constant source of tears and a reminder that a lot of them are really not handling this well.

speaking of which - is chromium used in copium reactions? that would explain it spontaneously doubling in price overnight

yeah exactly :) also imagine not just losing your cool ship but being unable to log in that account at all.

also yeah i was wondering why it was suddenly worthwhile to mine chromite rocks

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
My guess for the recent spike is that a large amount of the imperium's wealth is actually stored in raw moon goo. That would make sense just purely by knowing what locustfleet was. you can see a pretty significant rise in moon goo prices in Jita that correlates with the war bonds release as well, which would make a lot of sense if we have been slowly selling moon goo to fund the war but now don't have to since the war bonds provided a massive liquidity influx. If that's correct it is basically just a win/win for the imperium, since the alliance can hold down 1DQ1 goo prices, and keep our ships cheap, while allowing Jita prices to skyrocket, hurting our enemies who rely on it and increasing the value of our stockpile.

We're such a cool alliance lol.

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.
Hey all, I haven't played this wonderful/dreadful [delete as applicable] in around three years.
Have my stuff in Delve was going to sell it all and get to highsec and do something there, was told in local, things are getting real spicey etm.
Is it worth rejoining if you're a lowly BS capt? Or is everyone in Dreads and Titans now?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

bad-yeti posted:

Hey all, I haven't played this wonderful/dreadful [delete as applicable] in around three years.
Have my stuff in Delve was going to sell it all and get to highsec and do something there, was told in local, things are getting real spicey etm.
Is it worth rejoining if you're a lowly BS capt? Or is everyone in Dreads and Titans now?

the biggest ship i can fly is a t1 cruiser and i have lots of fun

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Stereotype posted:

My guess for the recent spike is that a large amount of the imperium's wealth is actually stored in raw moon goo. That would make sense just purely by knowing what locustfleet was. you can see a pretty significant rise in moon goo prices in Jita that correlates with the war bonds release as well, which would make a lot of sense if we have been slowly selling moon goo to fund the war but now don't have to since the war bonds provided a massive liquidity influx. If that's correct it is basically just a win/win for the imperium, since the alliance can hold down 1DQ1 goo prices, and keep our ships cheap, while allowing Jita prices to skyrocket, hurting our enemies who rely on it and increasing the value of our stockpile.

We're such a cool alliance lol.

Clearly, some handsome and intelligent players came up with this idea.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So should I place my next orders in 1dq for goo?

This is going to fuckin rule if that’s the case

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Are you not using SRP ships, Stereotype? Dying should always be profitable

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

bad-yeti posted:

The most important fleets are sub-capital, It seems.

Not making GBS threads you, capital pings are often prefixed with "fill the subcap fleets first / Don't join the capital op unless it's an alt"

We're running around in assault frigates and heavy assault cruisers and destroyers and it's loving awesome.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 18, 2021

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Phlegmish posted:

Are you not using SRP ships, Stereotype? Dying should always be profitable

i was flying a retriever like an idiot because i was too lazy to go get a procurer :( also i lost a mammoth because i forgot i was flying it and died afk on a gate. and then i lost a thrasher because i burned out all the guns.

it was a dumb night

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Stereotype posted:

i was flying a retriever like an idiot because i was too lazy to go get a procurer :( also i lost a mammoth because i forgot i was flying it and died afk on a gate. and then i lost a thrasher because i burned out all the guns.

it was a dumb night

Even a procurer's not particularly safe around 1DQ.

If you want a good time ratting or krabbing, install a jump clone up where the secret sqad hangs out, and deathclone back whenever you're done for the day

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Stereotype posted:

it was a dumb night

I lost a Loki to three Caracals the other day because warp butan no workie, happens to the best of us.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

If you want a good time ratting or krabbing, install a jump clone up where the secret sqad hangs out, and deathclone back whenever you're done for the day

I don't think you're talking about the right squad anymore.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Phlegmish posted:

yeah but procurers are SRPable :eng101:

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.

Potato Salad posted:

The most important fleets are sub-capital, It seems.

Not making GBS threads you, capital pings are often prefixed with "fill the subcap fleets first / Don't join the capital op unless it's an alt"

We're running around in assault frigates and heavy assault cruisers and destroyers and it's loving awesome.

Good enough for me, see you soon Mr of the salad

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Stereotype posted:

but i don't care about losing $1 and i sort of cared that i lost my ships, about as much as if i had lost $10.

I cared about my last lost ship, because it was my last Rifter staged in Delve... I now might have to buy new ones :v:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Stereotype posted:

yeah but procurers are SRPable :eng101:

OK so just get a doctrine Procurer there. Hell, they gave me one

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Dalael posted:

Don't listen to those F1 monkeys. You want to train Logi V and be part of the elite group of people who also use F2 to F6. Show that you're truly dedicated to the cause by not caring about killmails and killboards, whatever those are.

Enjoy a similar euphoric feeling shared by the SRP team as you effectively deny SRP to allies while also snatching away your enemies' precious killmails and grandiose boasts of winning the isk war.

I was one of 3 logi in a small jackdaw fleet and we kept the boys alive when we got jumped by a caracal fleet supported by bombers. Everyone got home safely except the drakes.

Can't say the same for home defense, there was no logi channel, immediately ran into a loki fleet and was popped before anyone could broadcast. Reshipping took the last of my space bux, and SRP has not paid yet.

In short, logi is a land of contrasts

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Xarn posted:

I cared about my last lost ship, because it was my last Rifter staged in Delve... I now might have to buy new ones :v:

I've got good news, little bee - you'll never need to buy a Rifter as long as you're adorable. Hit up your friendly neighborhood Newbee Frigate Program ambassador today!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

don't procurers have really really high sensor strength? like, able to lock a 2.01s align ship and point it?

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Otacon posted:

I've got good news, little bee - you'll never need to buy a Rifter as long as you're adorable. Hit up your friendly neighborhood Newbee Frigate Program ambassador today!

Are Rifters back? It got changed to Slashers when I was playing. Slasher was a better ship, but the Rifter is a goon icon. :shobon:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Querns how do we change your reaction sheet to use 1dq moon goo prices instead of Jita?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

The Hambulance posted:

Are Rifters back? It got changed to Slashers when I was playing. Slasher was a better ship, but the Rifter is a goon icon. :shobon:

Rifters only have 2 mid slots now. So, people usually drop the web if they're flying one. Slasher is a better tackler because it can also fit a web. The slasher's wings also move when warping or not warping, which is cool. That said, fly what you want when it comes to T1 frigs.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

orange juche posted:

don't procurers have really really high sensor strength? like, able to lock a 2.01s align ship and point it?

They have 4 mid slots so you might be able to rig one with super high sensor strength. They are extremely tanky though, like 70k ehp. They're basically the only good mining barge.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Otacon posted:

Sadly this

The Hambulance posted:

and rifters look better, so I am gonna put a little bit of my own cash into it a fly them. :getin:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

orange juche posted:

scan res is 440 base, which is better than a cruiser but a bit worse than the average t1 destroyer.

so faster than you might expect for a barge, but no, it's not gonna be pointing a frigate in a hurry.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

esto es malo posted:

this would actually be cool

Yeah, it'd add a whole new dimension to move ops, since you'd have to designate a midpoint to do hull repairs, preferably in an allied system.

I'm also of a mind that it could be an interesting way to add a finite usage life to supercaps. It makes zero sense whatsoever that something as large as a titan wouldn't become structurally unsound over time just by *existing*. One of the best episodes of the Galactica remake was them acknowledging that the ship's main support beams were well beyond their expected lifespan and that the ship could theoretically break in half with every jump they made. A ship that has structural damage shouldn't enter a warp bubble or spool up a jump drive lightly, and there should be a consequence roll for those that do, ranging from the ship blowing up in situ, at the other end of its jump, or suffering further structural/module breakage.

There should come a point where a titan is so 'used up' that the best thing to do would be to dock it at a Keepstar, reprocess it, and build a new one. It'd sure as gently caress make faction supercaps a much rarer sight.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Xarn posted:

Sadly this

and rifters look better, so I am gonna put a little bit of my own cash into it a fly them. :getin:

If the Newbee Ship program does not have any Rifters, I will hit you up on Jabber when I get home and make sure you've got a few Rifters in 1DQ.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

One of the best episodes of the Galactica remake was them acknowledging that the ship's main support beams were well beyond their expected lifespan and that the ship could theoretically break in half with every jump they made.

"The old girl broke her back. She'll never jump again."

:(

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.
Trying to resub as a land lubber vacationer, any idea why I would have -71417 stat points?
Holy hell

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

bad-yeti posted:

Trying to resub as a land lubber vacationer, any idea why I would have -71417 stat points?
Holy hell

i want a screenshot of that lol.

also did you omega your account? if you had skills you trained before they switched to the "free to play" subscription structure that are now omega-only they might count as negative or something weird.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Klyith posted:

scan res is 440 base, which is better than a cruiser but a bit worse than the average t1 destroyer.

so faster than you might expect for a barge, but no, it's not gonna be pointing a frigate in a hurry.

2 SeBo and good targeting skills gets your scan res to 1339 and that's in the realm of catching interceptors. It's not a good idea but there might be some salt to harvest by pointing people with a barge for the rest of the camp to kill an "insta-warp" ceptor.

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.

Stereotype posted:

i want a screenshot of that lol.

also did you omega your account? if you had skills you trained before they switched to the "free to play" subscription structure that are now omega-only they might count as negative or something weird.

Nope, been omega the whole time, been offline for years but old company paid the bill.

Trying to resub but holy hell LMAO

Only registered members can see post attachments!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

bad-yeti posted:

Nope, been omega the whole time, been offline for years but old company paid the bill.

at some point your posting was judged sorely wanting

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lol what the gently caress did you do. my number is 6 from 4 posts

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.

evilweasel posted:

at some point your posting was judged sorely wanting

No idea why though, I usually kept to myself.

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.

Stereotype posted:

lol what the gently caress did you do. my number is 6 from 4 posts

Oh, I think I might know why.

Ahhh poo poo.

I'm the guy who appeared on Reddit as I started a company with the our bee logo on my vehicle, it's the only explanation.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

bad-yeti posted:

I think it got randomized to a huge negative a few years ago, mine's -31k

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

At some point the pubbies were repshaming so someone ran a script that gave everyone a random negative integer so that people would stop making GBS threads the forums up about rep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Klyith posted:

Has test ever been even marginally competent at bombing? I remember us mocking their awful bombs back in like the fountain war or something, but surely they haven't sucked at it this whole time?

I've been in two different occasions now where test bombed the fleet I was in, and both times it accomplished jack poo poo because they only had 7 or 8 bombers. A wave of bombs comes in, you think "oh poo poo we can't get out", and then... no followup. Don't they run a whole bomber & blackops group in test? Somebody over there should know that 1 bomb wave doesn't kill anything but T1 cruisers.

If you call for bombers and only get 8 dudes, stand the gently caress down.

Actually I think that Predds is probably the most consistent bombing group in the game, bombers just got nerfed a bunch and you see less fleet wipers - other than Test cerb fleets - these days.