Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

drat, my Hot Toys Boba Fett just arrived the other day so while riding this high, Bo-Katan feels like an insta-buy to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They also announced they're doing Mandalorian Boba, so more ill fitting, beer belly Boba.

(I'm sure Morrison is in great shape, I think the costume just did him no favors.)

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Aphrodite posted:

They also announced they're doing Mandalorian Boba, so more ill fitting, beer belly Boba.

(I'm sure Morrison is in great shape, I think the costume just did him no favors.)

Going to need to get that Boba as well as a scale La-Z-Boy and some beer cans/pizza boxes.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yea they kept him t h i c c

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He looks weird because her never wore that suit. The Jango armor was designed for him. Jango is a thicc boi. Jeremy Bullock was 150lbs soaking wet. The Boba we all remember is a stick.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Give me the real twink.

Bulloch was pretty thin tho matching Olyphant up there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but it's not like it's the original prop. It makes sense in the scene, he quickly slipped the armor on over the big thick robes he was wearing. But it does make him look like he has a gut.

In later episodes he has a new undersuit instead and it looks fine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They will likely make a while new suit for him because of all the "Boba Fatt" comments.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’ve been eyeing the Hot Toys Mando and Child set... I may just make them my se one Hot Toys.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Dad bod boba is awesome.

I'm kinda scared the mandalorian show is gonna stop though. Season 2 kinda wrapped up all but one plot point, and even that one wasn't a big one. More of a side plot thing.

I don't care that carano is gone, but dammit I wanna reunion for Grogu and Djn.

I was surprised to see that they had people stands ins for the dark troopers, and even had em in costume sorta. That video of Grogu rocking out with the director has one in the background.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really hope they recast just to incite the people who only care because she's a conservative. Seeing their little #canceldisney campaign has been hilarious.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Dad bod boba is awesome.

I'm kinda scared the mandalorian show is gonna stop though. Season 2 kinda wrapped up all but one plot point, and even that one wasn't a big one. More of a side plot thing.

I don't care that carano is gone, but dammit I wanna reunion for Grogu and Djn.

I was surprised to see that they had people stands ins for the dark troopers, and even had em in costume sorta. That video of Grogu rocking out with the director has one in the background.

Season 3 is already in pre-production and will be shooting consecutively with Book of Boba.

They even have a date for filming to begin, April 5th.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Aphrodite posted:

Dad Bod Boba is hands down my favourite look for him so this is excellent news. Once Mafex or Bandai announce one, I'm going Mando crazy and snapping up as many helmeted weirdos with jetpacks as possible.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Season 3 has to happen - daddy needs a new Civic.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rhyno posted:

I really hope they recast just to incite the people who only care because she's a conservative. Seeing their little #canceldisney campaign has been hilarious.

That THR report was updated to show they don’t intend to recast. I kinda figured as much when Hasbro straight cancelled the Cara rereleases. If they were going to recast they might have just delayed the figures and shipped them with new sculpts once the recast had been announced or something. I’m kinda glad they’re just leaving the character behind either way, it’s been tainted by Gina’s shittiness. Let whoever replaces her start fresh with a character they can make their own.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well now I hope they use a digital likeness to have her turn into a villain.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Carano was a terrible actress anyway, she was my least favorite part of the show and I didn't care for the show much to begin with.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

Tempting, but nah. She’d probably love the attention that would bring and she’d turn it into right-wing grift somehow. Best to just forget she ever existed from this point forward and relegate Cara to the dustbin of Star Wars canon, like Ziro the Hutt and Chewie’s elderly masturbating dad.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Isn't that against SAG rules anyway, unless you pay the actor? Pretty sure that came from BttF2 using Crispin Glover's likeness without his permission and he sued over it.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Were any of the planned Cara Dune figures already released? Is Cara Dune going to become a new chase figure for Nazi apologists? The whole idea sickens me at the thought of a $5,000 maga chud figure on ebay. Great for collection right next to your signed Harry Potter books I guess.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Cocks Cable posted:

Were any of the planned Cara Dune figures already released? Is Cara Dune going to become a new chase figure for Nazi apologists? The whole idea sickens me at the thought of a $5,000 maga chud figure on ebay. Great for collection right next to your signed Harry Potter books I guess.

She’d already had three released, all before this happened; a Black Series figure, a repaint of the same figure, and a 3.75” TVC figure. The former and the latter were set to have rereleases done soon, but Hasbro cancelled those. There’s still a Retro Collection (Kenner-inspired) figure set to release this summer but so far they’ve said they still plan on releasing it.

All of her existing stuff is going for 4-5x retail on eBay right now.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Cocks Cable posted:

On the other hand, I definitely prefer the idea of old dudes 40 years from now collecting Cara Dune toys and Scott Baio memorabilia instead of actual Nazi and Confederate poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That THR report was updated to show they don’t intend to recast. I kinda figured as much when Hasbro straight cancelled the Cara rereleases. If they were going to recast they might have just delayed the figures and shipped them with new sculpts once the recast had been announced or something. I’m kinda glad they’re just leaving the character behind either way, it’s been tainted by Gina’s shittiness. Let whoever replaces her start fresh with a character they can make their own.

Totally dropping her doesn't leave any loose ends or anything either, so it's an easy call.

There were those minor hints at her background being explored later on but nothing anyone will miss.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I nabbed 5 more Neca Motu Stactions off ebay today. 8 to go i think, Webstor and Jitsu being the most expensive ones left. I am almost ready to devote all my money to Classics.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

The old Star Wars EU did that (kinda) with Captain Panaka, Queen Amidala’s head of the Royal guard from Episode 1. The actor wanted more money or something so they shitcanned him and made a new character (Captain Typho), and in the EU Panaka ends up being a throwaway Separatist bad guy somewhere.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Xenomrph posted:

The old Star Wars EU did that (kinda) with Captain Panaka, Queen Amidala’s head of the Royal guard from Episode 1. The actor wanted more money or something so they shitcanned him and made a new character (Captain Typho), and in the EU Panaka ends up being a throwaway Separatist bad guy somewhere.

Panaka’s actor, Hugh Quarshie, asked for the full script of AotC, as Lucasfilm were only giving him his lines, but they refused.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Totally dropping her doesn't leave any loose ends or anything either, so it's an easy call.

There were those minor hints at her background being explored later on but nothing anyone will miss.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

Panaka ends up being a Moff in the current canon; I kind of love it that the pettyness towards the character survived beyond Legends.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I wish Mythic Legions would give my wallet a break.

The Illythia Wave Pre-Order lasted until 1/11. Then immediately afterwards they started their kickstarter for their mobile game with deluxe Orc and Elf builder sets. That just ended on Tuesday, and now they've announced they will have All-Stars 4 voting starting on this Friday.

Starting Friday we can vote for 6 figures out of the 20 pictured. There are some newer characters listed (some even still available at BBTS) so hopefully those won't get voted in. There are several older figures listed that go for hundreds of dollars on Ebay.

quote:

Once every year or so, the soldiers of Mythoss prepare for a battle unlike any other. It is a fight of individual prowess, where only the mightiest and the most popular will survive. This is the battle to become a Mythic Legions: All-Star!

Voting for Mythic Legions: All-Stars 4 begins this Friday (2/19). Here is what you need to know to make your voice heard and submit your selections for this year's All Stars class.

- Fans will receive an email to vote. There will be a link in that email that you can click to access the survey and submit your votes.

- The list we will be using for the emails is anyone who is signed up at the NEW StoreHorsemen.com (https://store-horsemen.myshopify.com/). Visit that page and scroll to the bottom to see the Newsletter signup form to enter. Note - if you have made a purchase from this new StoreHorsmen.com on Shopify, you should already be on our list!

- The first email will go out Friday, February 19th in the afternoon for voting to begin! Fans can vote 1 time and will be able to choose their 6 favorite figures from the available choices.

- Don't see the email to vote? Check your Spam or Junk folder. The email comes from SurveyMonkey and it could end up in your junk.

- Voting for Mythic Legions: All-Stars 4 will last for 1 week! The polls close at 3pm EST on Friday 2/26. Once the vote is closed, results will be counted, we'll choose the number of winners from the top six chosen, and the victors will be announced!

The campaigning is already going strong over on the Mythic Legions: Cabal Facebook group! So consider your choices wisely and rally behind your favorite fighters! Good luck to all the combatants vying to become the next Mythic Legions: All-Star!!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just sat through 2.5 hours of a Facebook "live sale" for a specific Classics item only for the seller to price it $75 over the most expensive eBay listing.

I'm annoyed.

Edit: and also stupid because I bought it off ebay after they accepted my best offer.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 19, 2021

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
https://geektyrant.com/news/kevin-smiths-masters-of-the-universe-revelation-series-has-inspired-a-new-line-of-action-figures

Uhhh... Rhyno, don't look.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wow they went ALL out for Boba.

I love the look inside the helmet.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yep instant buy. No questions asked.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
drat that’s cool as hell

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

If they use the Classics buck I would expect them to re-release old figures but the hints have been an all new body sculpt. Hopefully they're easy to get.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I would hope they would come up with a new body for the new line, the pinless articulation of Origins is already a nice update over Classics.

I'm not expecting an art style as cool and detailed as the 200x figures, but it would be nice to get a new line where they have a little bit of room for artistic interpretation again, for once. I feel like every MOTU toy since then has been retro kind of to a fault. Everything is trying to recreate the 80s toys or the 80s cartoon, and I love those designs but we already have those. Origins is great for people who want retro, and they're cute and easily attainable, but I really hope it represents Mattel getting all the retro out of their system so they can do something new with the next line.

The main reason I didn't get into classics was I was going through some stuff personally, including being unemployed for most of that time, but I also just wasn't that into the retro look. It was such a huge step backwards after 200x. They were really nice high-quality figures, but the style was not really doing it for me. 200x has long been my favorite because they were inspired by those 80s designs and instantly recognizable as those characters, but for once they weren't slavish recreations, they had some real creativity to them. I'm always going to be mad that they hosed up that line so badly after the first year and killed it before making a lot of my favorite characters, but another good, stylish, modern MOTU line would take some of the sting off it. Especially if they manage to make it successful.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I'm always going to be mad that they hosed up that line so badly after the first year and killed it before making a lot of my favorite characters, but another good, stylish, modern MOTU line would take some of the sting off it. Especially if they manage to make it successful.

I completely agree! I’m really hoping this new line can do that.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
As much as I love that Boba, $500 is kinda steep. Last two pack that wasn't 2 completely different figures was Cap's TWS one, and that was $340.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Feb 19, 2021

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That was also 6 years ago. HT prices have gone way the heck up.

500 for 2 HT figures is about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, it's basically the "popular license" effect. Before marvel blew up bigtime, the licensing was cheap. Now, not so much. Mando isn't that much different from the old hot toys/sideshow boba fetts, but once the show took off holy poo poo things went up in price.

Honestly I'd have way less of an issue with it if the armor was die cast or something, but as it stands it's just a popularity tax.

And yes, I am also bitter that I don't think I can afford it.

I wonder if they are gonna release just the dad bod boba without the burn victim option...