Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

BJPaskoff posted:

I know! I want to make a Commander deck where both of them start in the command zone. A Jeskai build of the deck would be more fun than mono-white. Yes I know if I'm breaking one rule I might as well break the color identity rule, but have you considered this?: I'm not actually building this Commander deck.

I literally only play esper prison decks in commander to gently caress with people, I actually just want less overly powerful monowhite cards in standard because we've been in GWx midrange hell since RTR rotated

Assuming you were being sarcastic.

This is...interesting. I could see it being either completely meaningless or completely awesome depending on whether there's a good Ux tempo deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
if this meld card breaks edh players' and/or the rules committe's minds in half it will be the best thing R&D has ever done

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Slightly worse Remand?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Double post.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I reread the concepts e'mrakul embodies, and of note in this block are some intersting lines:
Terror of being alone, emotional and physical distance, chill of the void, desolation.

The thing is, everyone is becoming part of e'mrakul.
E'mrakul is associted with lonliness because everyone under her influence becomes desperate to be part of a close community, like a cult. Under her influence, people are forced to become closer than ever and emotionally dependant on each other.
E'mrakul makes people so terrified of being alone and isolated that they willingly will become one with the eldrazi, and become her drones.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
e'mrakul makes you type like this so you want to punch that writer'mrakul.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Slightly worse Remand?

you mean significantly worse, right

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Slightly worse divination template:

quote:

2U

Draw a card or return target creature to its owner's hand.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

that's neat, i guess. too bad it doesn't draw a card but then it would be a better remand sooooo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Elyv posted:

you mean significantly worse, right

It's definitely worse but it still has some upside beyond remand as it can also bounce a creature.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Flashback spells still remain in exile when countered with this spell, correct?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mcmagic posted:

It's definitely worse but it still has some upside beyond remand as it can also bounce a creature.

Yes, that is a thing it can do, I'm glad to know you can read

it still puts you down a card and that makes it significantly worse than remand

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Zoness posted:

Slightly worse divination template:

This isn't a good analogy. There are sometimes where remanding a spell without drawing a card is really good. Draw a card for 3 is always unplayable.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Rinkles posted:

Flashback spells still remain in exile when countered with this spell, correct?

MTG Salvation posted:

702.33. Flashback

702.33a Flashback appears on some instants and sorceries. It represents two static abilities: one that functions while the card is in a player’s graveyard and another that functions while the card is on the stack. “Flashback [cost]” means “You may cast this card from your graveyard by paying [cost] rather than paying its mana cost” and “If the flashback cost was paid, exile this card instead of putting it anywhere else any time it would leave the stack.” Casting a spell using its flashback ability follows the rules for paying alternative costs in rules 601.2b and 601.2f–h.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Emrakul is David cross from that Futurama movie.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Snacksmaniac posted:

Emrakul is David cross from that Futurama movie.

Shklee would agree with you.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

This is cool

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think it's cool that they're now prepared to use the "return spell to hand" wording. Until Brutal Expulsion and this I believe it only appeared on Venser in TSP.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Does the difference in templating between this spell and Remand result in any meaningful gameplay difference (only one counters)? Other than stuff like Summoning Trap

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
This can stop Abrupt Decay, at least temporarily.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Rinkles posted:

Does the difference in templating between this spell and Remand result in any meaningful gameplay difference (only one counters)? Other than stuff like Summoning Trap

Some things can't be countered

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Also delays the big E, although not very well if they have the lands to cast it again.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Also delays the big E, although not very well if they have the lands to cast it again.

Not very well indeed; Emrakul has protection from instants.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

the Orb of Zot posted:

Smdh

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

the Orb of Zot posted:

That's not how protection works.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
you can also use it to return your own spell to your hand if the opponent shows a combat trick or something

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

you can also use it to return your own spell to your hand if the opponent shows a combat trick or something

remanding your own spell in response to remand is the best, this is a good imitation of that, kinda

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

You guys are missing the best part of Unsubstantiate.
The flavor text.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Count Bleck posted:

The flavor text.

I hope this means that Jace has literally been removed from existence and is gone forever.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Count Bleck posted:

The flavor text.

The flavour text is a reprint.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Hellsau posted:

I hope this means that Jace has literally been removed from existence and is gone forever.

Liliana is loving with him because literally anytime the plot brings then together Jace always manages to find a way to avoid her.

Especially when they were dating.

Edit: Basically

Entropic posted:

The flavour text is a reprint.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Count Bleck posted:

Liliana is loving with him because literally anytime the plot brings then together Jace always manages to find a way to avoid her.

Especially when they were dating.

Edit: Basically

still hoping that jace has been annihilated.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Hellsau posted:

still hoping that jace has been annihilated.

You know WotC thinks the community as a whole definitely likes Jace so much when in fact it's just a fiction they've worked up.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Return Decay to your hand, bash in with my 14/14 unblockable Knight

In conclusion I want this new card to work with Knightfall or Grixis Delver.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Count Bleck posted:

You know WotC thinks the community as a whole definitely likes Jace so much when in fact it's just a fiction they've worked up.

one of many things more obnoxious than Jace: protagonist extraordinaire is people pretending that no one likes him when the truth is that they're in the minority in disliking him

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

GeneX posted:

one of many things more obnoxious than Jace: protagonist extraordinaire is people pretending that no one likes him when the truth is that they're in the minority in disliking him

I really could give less of a gently caress about the whole thing.
I justwant mono blue walkers that aren't Jace

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
idk about you but i want more moonwalkers

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
So Maro as Vince McMahon and Jace as Roman Reigns, pushed against the fans wishes, is the greatest tale.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I mostly just miss venser

good thing we just got his effect minus the 2/2 in a new card!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

this thing counters uncounterable spells, at least for a turn (except in rare cases like snapcaster decay in sultai)

• Locked thread