Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

chunkles posted:

ugh comparing genocidal tyrants across eras is so silly

Do you say things like this irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

chunkles posted:

If Hitler had access to modern training and malnutrition

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Michael Jordan is the Genghis Khan of Basketball

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Away all Goats posted:

I think that's either Shawn Kemp or Karl Malone

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Pol Pot is the greatest non-European mass murderer of the shot clock era

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

chunkles posted:

I'd like to see how many atrocities he could achieve in the hand check era!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

BWV posted:

Pol Pot is the greatest non-European mass murderer of the shot clock era

Ball Pot

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Zogo posted:

PS Kyrie and Love are coasting too.

You're out of your mind. Kyrie and Love are not even top 10 players in the East. As second and third options, they are very good. They have some huge strengths and i like them both. In this insane and pointless hypothetical, they're gonna be the like, seventh and eighth best guys on the court. The Cavs are in all likelihood about to get walloped by a team that only has 4 all stars, not 12.

chunkles posted:

Mao and Stalin played in countries of such inflated populations that, adjusted to Hitler's massacre rate, they were barely villainous at all. Also those class traitors had it coming

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

chunkles posted:

E: I've seen footage of Hitler and he looked pretty slow. I doubt he could tyrant in today's globe.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

zoux posted:

I'd like to see how many atrocities he could achieve in the hand check era!

:thunk:

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

DeimosRising posted:

You're out of your mind. Kyrie and Love are not even top 10 players in the East. As second and third options, they are very good. They have some huge strengths and i like them both. In this insane and pointless hypothetical, they're gonna be the like, seventh and eighth best guys on the court. The Cavs are in all likelihood about to get walloped by a team that only has 4 all stars, not 12.

Nah lol you are seriously under rating them

Edit: I honestly can't stand how stupid this sentiment is. Kyrie and Love BOTH graded out higher than Green and Thompson on WS/48 this year.

milk milk lemonade fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 24, 2017

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

To get Kyrie out of the top 10 in the east you have to put him below Derozan, Lowry, Whiteside, probably all three of Wall, Porter, and Beal. I dunno if I'm prepared to go that far.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

To get Kyrie out of the top 10 in the east you have to put him below Derozan, Lowry, Whiteside, probably all three of Wall, Porter, and Beal. I dunno if I'm prepared to go that far.

Hes way better than derozan, whiteside, porter and Beal.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

Hes way better than derozan, whiteside, porter and Beal.

Yeah I agree with all of those when we consider Derozan's chronic playoff shookness. I would put Kyrie as like the 6th or so best player in the East after LeBron, Butler, Giannis, (a big gap) Wall, Paul George or maaaaybe Lowry

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 24, 2017

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Away all Goats posted:

Not quite reflected in winning%/RINGZ but there's only one basketball player I can imagine as a successful warlord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J2zudcnYkY

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Shear Modulus posted:

He's not as bad on defense as IT2, but he's in the ballpark.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Doesn't even put up double digit winshares. Kyrie's a bum. Cut him from the team.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

DeimosRising posted:

:thunk:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Kyre is like the most ridiculous finisher at the rim in the East and maybe the best scoring guard in isos in the NBA currently. IT gets the Iverson comparisons cause of his height/higher point totals but Irving's handles are the things that really remind me of him.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Kyrie has the GOAT handles

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

and he's Handsome

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

has anyone ever uncovered the truth as to whether uncle drew is an estranged relative of the hoopers

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the bad blood between those two branches of the family got even worse after the reunion last year when uncle drew kept showing off his new ring which really touched a nerve with mr and mrs hooper

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Kissinger put up absurd efficiency numbers and quietly dominated an era

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Its weirdass conversations that make me love this place. We can simultaneously discuss normal rear end poo poo like whether a player is in the top 10, while also making jokes about advanced stats on mass murderers. I cant think of anywhere else on the internet you would ever get poo poo like this

Also, Kyrie is #7 in the east

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 24, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

lmfao

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Kyrie has the GOAT handles

Yeah they're really fun to watch. I'm going to petition to get Fred Hoiberg to complain about him.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hitler : jordan :: mussolini : pippen

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yeah they're really fun to watch. I'm going to petition to get Fred Hoiberg to complain about him.

fred hoiberg watching basketball like krusty the clown watching the globetrotters

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

fred hoiberg watching basketball like krusty the clown watching the globetrotters

Hahaha

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Guys, JR's daughter left the hospital :unsmith:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUc8idAj02F/

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
I'm not gonna stop posting this: Brad Stevens is a god awful coach. A Marcus Smart shot of any kind (especially a 3) is one of the worst possible outcomes of a possession in the entire NBA. I realize he just had a great game, but that's just the law of averages at play. How did 9 of your possessions end with a FG attempt by him tonight?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Only thing you can really learn from these games is what we already know. When Lebron is bad even a gimped Celtics team can provide a challenge.

I still really don't know how the Finals will go.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He is a couple standard deviations better than IT at D. Every backcourt player is.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://twitter.com/warriorsworld/status/867216633680379904

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Average warriors fan.gif

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

It was not very likely she would survive at all it's a small miracle :)

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Average warriors fan.gif

funniest part is the mom trying to stop the kid

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

kids are the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

EvanTH posted:

It was not very likely she would survive at all it's a small miracle :)

Like a 15% chance

• Locked thread