Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Agrajag posted:

calls for resignation were already coming out last night bro

I need to rejigger my news feed then because I got a flood of like fourteen articles of Dems refusing to use the word "resign"

also need to rejigger ed balls, if u no what I'm sayin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

euphronius posted:

Someone tell zoux

:cripes:

I didn't see it until the [thread] :laffo:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

warren's dead to me

franken's dead to me

are any of you fuckers actually decent human beings

Chill your pill, Ben Carson is not an active force of malevolence like DeVos or Sessions. Letting Trump pick a do-nothing lazy guy because he wants to repay him for support in the primaries is better than letting him choose someone else who has been lobbying to bulldoze affordable housing his entire adult life or w/e. Remember, no matter how many cabinet picks we knock down, Trump can keep picking new ones.

I just doubt any of them can be quite as bad as Sessions.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

a real chump posted:

lmao says who? the american public wont do jack poo poo

look at the border clusterfuck, there were senators being told to get hosed by civilians and nothing happened.

senators are also civilians, chump

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Yinlock posted:

sessions is a huge player in the trump team and is part of the axis of poo poo with bannon and cheeto hitler himself

him getting the boot is huuuuuuge

lol if you think he'll get replaced with anyone less evil.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

the worst they'll matter is sessions recuses himself. nobody's gonna stick their neck out to sell out one of their own and face the wrath of trump.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Regular Nintendo posted:

Wasnt don vito bam margera's pedophile cousin

His uncle I think

DA GABBAGOOL

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

"football?"

*looks at weird spherical inflatable thing in their luggage*

"i don't believe you"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

warren's dead to me

franken's dead to me

I mean she voted against Carson at least at the end. The thing to pull from this is that pressure works.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

hahahahahah

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

e: nm

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Thoguh posted:

you know what lets roll those dice because sessions is loving disgusting.

lol we'll get david duke cause I said that.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bethamphetamine posted:

Sessions is a bit different because he was one of Trump's rare nominees that has experience in getting things done within the framework of the government. If he gets replaced with someone equally evil but less competent, that's a plus.

sure i guess but in terms of donald j trump's quality of life or the situation in congress wrt actually passing legislation or within the executive departments wrt actually passing regulations how exactly will that make one bit of difference

djt still gonna be potus, and rich, and keep his immigrant wife in a gold plated penthouse while ice agents continue to screen passengers on domestic flights and detain muhammed ali jr for having a muslim sounding name

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Thoguh posted:

He's essentially been accused of committing treason. If he's allowed to just say "my bad" and walk away that's a much bigger deal. Him just resigning won't impact Trump at all long term.

if he's allowed to walk away after that, we revolt

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Chokes McGee posted:

warren's dead to me

franken's dead to me

What did Warren and Franken do? :ohdear:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Thoguh posted:

flynn was

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

is it because of

:ohdear:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Oh and a headline from my little corner of the world (pulled from the NYC LAN thread):

Queens CB 4 Member: No One Will Need Bike Lanes “Once Trump Removes the Illegals”

http://nyc.streetsblog.org/2017/03/01/queens-cb-4-member-no-one-will-need-bike-lanes-once-trump-removes-the-illegals/

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's really unusual how many people in the Trump administration turned out to be Russian agents after only a month. Weird coincidence, i guess.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yinlock posted:

sessions is a huge player in the trump team and is part of the axis of poo poo with bannon and cheeto hitler himself

him getting the boot is huuuuuuge

yeah but he's not gotten the boot yet

when will he get the bootttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Pollyanna posted:

the democrats are already revolting

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
:rimshot:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pollyanna posted:

alternately either way this goes you continue posting on a dead gay internet comedy forum and your neighbours watch football

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

FizFashizzle posted:

what is this girl's deal

personal identity problems

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

loquacius posted:

Chill your pill, Ben Carson is not an active force of malevolence like DeVos or Sessions.

Oh sure, that makes sense, I

Salon, who is usually garbage but is reporting accurately here posted:

If appointed secretary of Housing and Urban Development, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson — rumored to be President-elect Donald Trump’s top pick — would likely reinforce housing discrimination in an effort to reduce “communist” government overreach.

Carson is a vocal critic of HUD’s “affirmatively furthering fair housing,” an Obama-era rule aimed at strengthening a stipulation in the 1968 Fair Housing Act that requires communities “affirmatively further” fair housing practices.

oh

Serf
May 5, 2011

if jeff sessions resigns he will be replaced by mysterious mustachioed man seff jessions

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

prefect posted:

What did Warren and Franken do? :ohdear:

I'm guessing vote for Carson in committee, my response then and now as a filthy Berniebro is "who cares"

Ben Carson is one of the more harmless picks and that's saying a lot

Pollyanna posted:

yeah but he's not gotten the boot yet

when will he get the bootttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

He already has the boot, it has a steel toe and he wants to use it to stamp on a human face forever

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

by the way trump's speech in honor of the new gerald ford ship will be streaming at 2:30 on
https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/president-trump-makes-remarks-pcu-gerald-r-ford

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Serf posted:

if jeff sessions resigns he will be replaced by mysterious mustachioed man seff jessions

A man dressed exactly like colonel sanders who's first name is Beauregard.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Serf posted:

who graduated from the university of golden corral

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
ive been out of trumpland because of illness/Torment/torment, but is sessions really on the way out????

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

Oh sure, that makes sense, I

oh

Forgive me if I continue to doubt Friend Ben's actual ability to gently caress things up much worse than they already are

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol if true

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Serf posted:

truly a name we can trust

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Al! posted:

ive been out of trumpland because of illness/Torment/torment, but is sessions really on the way out????

Lied to the senate about meeting with Russian spy/ambassador

Tough to see a way out for him other than full gently caress you mode

His credibility is shot tho and it seems the doj is in revolt

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
argh you dorks just because the window has shifted on nefarious evil doesn't mean the rest of the nominees are on the level

hypernormalization~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Serf posted:

well anythings better than jeff sessions! :v:

Chokes McGee posted:

argh you dorks just because the window has shifted on nefarious evil doesn't mean the rest of the nominees are on the level

hypernormalization~

its the dem thread posters :ssh:, jest let them vent i guess instead of making the jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Thoguh posted:

Flynn was.

But he's not resigning, so it doesn't matter. Lol at anyone who thinks Democratic Senators calling for the resignation of a Republican will mean anything.

• Locked thread