Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Structural chickenwire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

slidebite posted:

Structural chickenwire

New thread title

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

MrYenko posted:

Look at that drivers seat shot; The entire drivers side rocker is missing.

You’d need a donor body at a minimum. :(

I think the frame sits way, way inboard on the Packard super 8, the chicken wire area is purely cosmetic unless you're a heel toe shifter. I've only recently decided to become an Internet Expert on straight 8 cars but I'm pretty sure that's the case. Here are some photos of the frame rail being way inboard of the body at that point

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

While I get what you're saying the body part of body-on-frame construction is not "purely cosmetic". And the level of rot in that spot is indicitive of the overall level of rot - that thing has like 1.2 Sockingtons, it's a candidate for rebuild only for someone who can fabricate complex sheet metal parts and/or has access to another body that is in much better shape, so they can use this car as a donor for some parts, maybe.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I guess my level of sheet metal hosed-uppedness tolerance is higher than most. That looks like a 4 hour job to me and pretty within tolerance for a 75 year old unrestored car

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Hadlock posted:

I guess my level of sheet metal hosed-uppedness tolerance is higher than most. That looks like a 4 hour job to me and pretty within tolerance for a 75 year old unrestored car

It's hard to capture the enjoyment I got out of mooecows milktruk and keverlblas camper.... But I'll follow along if you try.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Chris that looks like some patrol vehicle from the deepest armpit of Africa or ISIS.

I love it

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

slidebite posted:

Chris that looks like some patrol vehicle from the deepest armpit of Africa or ISIS.

I love it

If for some ungoldly reason, you want a boys' anti tank rifle in a turret in the back seat of your sweet, 3 ton, 85hp ride, I give you the WWII Humber light reconnaissance vehicle. It allegedly goes 75 miles per hour on flat roads

Based on the pretty cool looking Super Snipe

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
How's the truck market?

50 large, 2wd three year old diesel f350 with a salvage title.

The new bed doesn't line up. The bed alone would not salvage the truck.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/elk-grove-2020-ford-f350/7609937408.html

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Condition: new

Also, what the hell is with the tags? :psyduck:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Citroen DS station wagon $4000 no details besides "part out" Los Angeles area

Looks moderately complete, the DS21 had the much newer, improved 2.1L engine that put out considerably more power than the ancient 1954 design 1.9L which was really a warmed over version of the 1934 engine

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 08:44 on May 1, 2023

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

I can't be angry at that.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

cursedshitbox posted:

How's the truck market?

50 large, 2wd three year old diesel f350 with a salvage title.

The new bed doesn't line up. The bed alone would not salvage the truck.

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhh... poo poo's expensive, but agree. Bed alone isn't more than the truck is worth, even including labor. They bent something bad.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.maauctions.com/auctions/23032/lot/51925-1976-gmc-vandura-cargo-van

Chevy 350 with a 3 on the tree.

look at all those pedals.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 2, 2023

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
That looks exactly like the van from the opening credits of Who’s the Boss.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Paint it orange and it's the strange brew mobile eh.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

$12,000 prewar Essex, 13,000 miles barely $1 per mile

Suicide front and rear doors
Wooden wheels
Smooth inline six
Ran when parked

This manual 4 speed has an inline 6 cylinder engine. It was detailed by the Harris Group, and driven only on rare occasions. The nitro blue paint shows through great. This car has been in storage and will be coming out Wednesday morning and will be ready to show Wednesday afternoon. It hasn’t been started in about 22 months, but ran great prior to storage.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Brass-era values fell off a drat cliff, didn’t they?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fornax Disaster posted:

That looks exactly like the van from the opening credits of Who’s the Boss.

wesleywillis posted:

Paint it orange and it's the strange brew mobile eh.

What's funny is Who's the Boss was 84, and Strange Brew was 83, so the vans were 6-7 years old at that point and made to look ratty as hell.

Looking at the interior color, maybe they were the same van.

EvellSnoats
Oct 22, 2010

MrYenko posted:

Brass-era values fell off a drat cliff, didn’t they?

I am 58, anyone brass era is 20 years older than me and I try really hard to be interested, but .... They dying off.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I'm always stunned to find out you can buy model T for $5-12k all day long and good condition model A for under $18

Fast and Furious needs to include a supercharged flathead Ford V8 in their next movie

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

1909: Only remaining DLG car on the planet, probably qualifies as "rare"; $29,000

quote:

This is the only known remaining DLG in existence.
The car was built in St. Louis MO and bore the initials of the three car builders, Dyke, Liebert and Givens.
The body on this car was built by WMD Rogers Son & Co in Philadelphia, PA .
Previous owners of the car were Barney Pollard of Michigan, Joe Ersland of Oklahoma and Glen Weatherford of Texas.
New front fenders for the car were made during Mr. Weatherford's ownership.
The 6-cyl Rutenber engine is placed in the chassis to replace the original engine which has been lost to history.
Too many other projects is the reason for selling this from my collection.
What you see is what you get.
Asking $29,000.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

1936 Rolls Royce great depression era robber baronmobile $25,000 (phantom III)

Also the same model carcar oddjob chauffeured Goldfinger around in the James bond movie of the same name

One of 727. Pretty sure that's roughly the same number of McLaren F1 made. Also the last rolls Royce model actually partly designed by Henry Royce himself

quote:

1936 Rolls-Royce 25/30 large HP, unrestored example. Serial number GHL30.

The car runs and drives OK. A perfect summer project car to fully restore, or drive as is with a little TLC.

- Four speed transmission shifts well.
- This is the larger engine of the "smaller HP" Rolls-Royce for the year.
Located in Florida and will store for you until you can arrange pickup.

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 3, 2023

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Uh oh. We're approaching the point where I start considering very bad decisions.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Godholio posted:

Uh oh. We're approaching the point where I start considering very bad decisions.

You should not make any of those bad decisions, and instead make the good decision of buying a 90 year old Rolls Royce.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

NoWake posted:

"Every owner of this vehicle thought they'd be the last owner of this vehicle. Come prove them wrong!"

New thread title

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Looking to trade or sell My 57 chevy ive had it for over a year took it apart to redo it i have no time to finnish. New floors, quarter pannels, rockers. Doors redone, new fenders, has a fresh 468 big block with scat crank eagle rods and semi dished pistons. I have all accessories and pullys the only thing i dont have is a starter have electric water pump as well. Trans is a fresh muncie 4spd m21 new clutch as well with hurst shifter frame was redone i did have the body off the frame it is a cali boxed frame.i dont have the interior. Im sure im forgetting something $16,500 obo or trade i have tons of money and time in it my loss your gain

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

1965 shelby cobra body only plus parts. Body came off a complete car. Comes with windshield, headlamps and tail lights, lemans gas cap, soft top and seats some suspension and steering parts. Price is body and parts only not a complete car anymore. I’m not sure of the manufacturer but it is a decently built body. Doors all hinge and close nicely, needs a little bit of fiberglass repair and clear coat is pealing. And yes that is a Lamborghini Diablo body behind it and it may be for sale soon.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
^^^^

OH god, thats what I should have bought instead of a boat.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Hadlock posted:

1965 shelby cobra body only plus parts. Body came off a complete car. Comes with windshield, headlamps and tail lights, lemans gas cap, soft top and seats some suspension and steering parts. Price is body and parts only not a complete car anymore. I’m not sure of the manufacturer but it is a decently built body. Doors all hinge and close nicely, needs a little bit of fiberglass repair and clear coat is pealing. And yes that is a Lamborghini Diablo body behind it and it may be for sale soon.

May the lord bless these people that move from enthusiast to "collector." The guy that buys things, starts, loses interest, moves on to the next. Rinse. Repeat.

He probably has ads for train sets, plastic models, lego maybe a rock tumbling set and a few motorcycles under a tarp.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Hadlock posted:

Looking to trade or sell My 57 chevy ive had it for over a year took it apart to redo it i have no time to finnish. New floors, quarter pannels, rockers. Doors redone, new fenders, has a fresh 468 big block with scat crank eagle rods and semi dished pistons. I have all accessories and pullys the only thing i dont have is a starter have electric water pump as well. Trans is a fresh muncie 4spd m21 new clutch as well with hurst shifter frame was redone i did have the body off the frame it is a cali boxed frame.i dont have the interior. Im sure im forgetting something $16,500 obo or trade i have tons of money and time in it my loss your gain

This is probably actually reasonable. Which sucks. :(

Trifive prices have always been dumb, but they’re turbodumb right now.

EvellSnoats
Oct 22, 2010

MrYenko posted:

This is probably actually reasonable. Which sucks. :(

Trifive prices have always been dumb, but they’re turbodumb right now.

Because they still look cool. I am 58. Model Ts and As have no place in my heart and more and more cars are rolling off. But tri-5s will rule for about 10 more years. Just ahead of thier year designs. Or timeless, ypur call.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Hadlock posted:

I'm more curious what the hell that car in the background is.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ishikabibble posted:

I'm more curious what the hell that car in the background is.

Isn't that the Diablo body mentioned in the last sentence?

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Midjack posted:

Isn't that the Diablo body mentioned in the last sentence?

...I might be stupid.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Powershift posted:

What's funny is Who's the Boss was 84, and Strange Brew was 83, so the vans were 6-7 years old at that point and made to look ratty as hell.

Looking at the interior color, maybe they were the same van.

That generation van started production in 1971 (through 1996!) The blue one has round headlights with their own surrounds, which would be pre 1978. The red one has "small" bumpers, so also pre-78. I can't see enough detail on the blue one, but the red on has a middle body line continuing past the doors, which according to Wikipedia makes it a '77. The mirrors on the blue one look like the later style (different from the blue one, BTW.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_van#Third_generation_(1971-1996)

I knew they were basically the same for a couple of decades, but wasn't up on the details.

Hadlock posted:

Oh, hey - that's the same steering wheel (and tach!) my dad has on his '55 Bel Air.
And yeah, that's a decent price, if it's as represented.

Given the prices falling, I kind of want a Model A (or, more accurately, a Model B) just for fun. Old enough to be "old", but new enough to have "modern" things like foot throttle, juice brakes, and synchros. also very well supported in the aftermarket.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Have you looked at a Citroen Traction Avant? You get all that plus independent front suspension, rack and pinion steering, and you're not Old Ford #756 at every car show

Highly recommend a model A or B though, if you find a moderately well preserved one you can maintain it like a lawn mower and yeah, infinity aftermarket support

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Is this where I post the Tri Five Aztec

I guess that's actually the Pontiac version of the Buick roadmaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Looks like somebody added a sleeping area to a porta potty