Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Sophism posted:

Ibaraki apparently shows up every now and then in welfare Shuten's NP.

https://clips.twitch.tv/MagnificentGeniusGiraffeBCouch

Ok, (welfare) Shuten is redeemed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Sophism posted:

Ibaraki apparently shows up every now and then in welfare Shuten's NP.

https://clips.twitch.tv/MagnificentGeniusGiraffeBCouch

Owns. :allears:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Welfare Shuten needs no redeeming, as she is a magical girl (complete with giant sparkly heart and shiny stars in her cutscenes).

e: These "Next Time on Oniland!" bits are amazing.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 24, 2018

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I wish there was more of this in FGO and less of Sitonai's what the gently caress final art.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I have no idea what's up with that art. She's suddenly looking like Prisma Ilya rather than FSN Ilya, and the bear randomly becomes a wolf. I GUESS you can make the leap that the wolf(dog) ties back to the Sitonai legend, but then why didn't they just use that animal for the entire drat chain, rather than just the last?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Her final art comes off more cute than lewd to me, so I'll give it that. But it does make no loving sense in regards to her overall design and theme with the bear

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Uhh the wolf is not the random part of that at all. Its the original part of the sitonai myth which I'm pretty sure was posted in this thread!

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Lord Koth posted:

I have no idea what's up with that art. She's suddenly looking like Prisma Ilya rather than FSN Ilya, and the bear randomly becomes a wolf. I GUESS you can make the leap that the wolf(dog) ties back to the Sitonai legend, but then why didn't they just use that animal for the entire drat chain, rather than just the last?

Apparently the bear is the dog, but magically strengthened for combat. Dunno why that involves turning it into a bear instead of a huge megadog or something though. Too much overlap with Hessian Lobo to have another dog rider, maybe?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Imagining the good version of the fa where it's her just riding the wolf in the snow

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I've very much realized I misread the post and there is a given reason for the wolf being a bear instead. She says one of the gods inside her, louhi, did it

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

NP3 Sitonai with 90 quartz and one ticket. This gacha was very generous with me.

Also, ShirouBear is super cute.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Shiny777 posted:

Apparently the bear is the dog, but magically strengthened for combat. Dunno why that involves turning it into a bear instead of a huge megadog or something though. Too much overlap with Hessian Lobo to have another dog rider, maybe?

Bears have a special relationship with the Ainu.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Also Ilya normally doesn’t like Wolves (or cats, her biggest flaw) on account of being nearly killed by some, but did repeatedly threaten to stuff Shirou’s soul inside a teddy bear.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Oh yeah here's her lines.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FGOGuide/comments/9r2wza/sitonais_lines/

Her lines to everyone else are good.

quote:

• Shirou? That child is my Noble Phantasm. In truth, he is Sitonai's friend, a hound. For some reason, he ended up as a bear. Hmm, it seems like it's Louhi and Freyja doing... The name? Yes. The name was borrowed from this body, Illyasviel's memories. Shirou. The name of an important person she'll never forget.

• Dialogue 4: Pseudo-Servants of a goddess of Uruk and a goddess of India. Hmmm, those two were summoned too. ...So, which one do you like? Master-san. (If you have Ishtar and Parvati)
  • Dialogue 5: The Heroic Spirit of Wrought Iron, the Nameless Guardian, huh... That's only natural. After all, the Human Order is in a pinch. ...Huh? But, isn't his appearance a bit odd? Where did his usual red coat go... Don't tell me, Shirou turned into a delinquent!? (If you have Emiya (Alter))
  • Dialogue 6: That hooded Assassin is... Umm, nevermind. It's surely someone I was not fated to meet. ...I wonder which one of them met a crueler end. (If you have Emiya (Assassin))
  • Dialogue 7: Umm, a while ago I caught sight of a very beautiful person, I wonder what Heroic Spirit she is! Wearing a white ceremonial dress used for sorcery rituals and a priestly headgear, she's an onee-san with a very, I mean, a somewhat sexy figure! How nice, I want to be like that too~ (If you have Dress of Heaven)
  • Dialogue 8: Even though this me possesses no memories from the Lostbelt, I wonder if we should consider this a reunion for the time being. It would be fine to consider each other allies...right, Scathach=Skadi? (If you have Scathach=Skadi)
  • Dialogue 9: Magical girl? Hmm, I can't use something like magic and I don't even have a wand, you know. Fufu, what are you talking about? (If you have Illya or Kuro)
  • Dialogue 10: Master, I've met an outrageous Servant! This presence is not that of an ordinary person! It feels like no matter what I do, I wouldn't be able to win! That cat must be a chief god class Servant! ...Eh? It's not a cat, but a jaguar? And she's an acquaintance? ...Now that you mention it, I feel like I've seen that face before... (If you have Jaguarman)
  • Dialogue 11: To think you would make a contract with that guy, I'm disillusioned by you. "Who", you ask, I'm talking about that Archer! Aah, geez, I want to rip out his heart! I want to attack him in the back and make him say "You, it can't be!?"~! (If you have Gilgamesh)
  • Dialogue 12: Found the impertinent King of Heroes! ...Wait, huh? Somehow his ambience is different? Could it be, that guy was a Heroic Spirit that was capable of being earnest? (If you have Gilgamesh (Caster))
  • Dialogue 13: Fufu, as I thought, Berserker is strong, isn't he... (If you have Heracles)

I especially appreciate the Dr. Gil reference.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 24, 2018

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That's unfortunate about Emiya Alter.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
we don't deserve ibaraki, she is too good for this earth

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

sitonai final art is loving gross and i cannot imagine being broken enough to think it's supposed to be 'cute'

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

agreed, the wolf just doesn't compare to the bear at all

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Her death quote gave me PTSD flashbacks to UBW, man that one still stings.

And I rolled so many times with only the CEs, Ibaraki and Chiyome to show for it bah.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

RanKizama posted:

Her final art comes off more cute than lewd to me, so I'll give it that. But it does make no loving sense in regards to her overall design and theme with the bear

Fuckin' :yikes:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
This post is cursed, I blame awfulapp

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 25, 2018

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

You're broken.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I guess I'm broken too 'cause I also don't see a problem.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Crasical posted:

I guess I'm broken too 'cause I also don't see a problem.

Some people just be real sensitive. Fate does have a record (loving Kuro), but Sitonai is harmless. Just a girl and her dog/bear/bro.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Conspicuously changing the subject, I finally got around to setting up my three-turn surfing team on NA. Result: Preeeetty sweet, plus it's nice to have a farming team that isn't just Arash and Spartacus again.

On paper it seems like Caster Gil should be able to do the same thing with slightly more work, but I never really hear anyone talking about that. I guess that's because there aren't many all-Assassin nodes for him to farm?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The go-to for farming dailies just tends to be berserker based, because it's one size fits all.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Schubalts posted:

The go-to for farming dailies just tends to be berserker based, because it's one size fits all.

The real hell is crafting a team that can 3-turn event nodes while still maxing out on Event CE's.

Someone sent me this video for this year's Christmas event. I don't speak Korean but the setup is pretty easy to understand. Gonna get all the boxes this year :gifttank:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Schubalts posted:

I go with two with class advantage w/ MLB Kaleidos and a friend Raikou with MLB Kaleido. It's not like it's hard to pick two AoE servants once a day. Plus, it's better for spreading out the bond points.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I've been delicately and carefully nurturing my Kiyohime's love delusion since last Halloween and she only hit bond 9 today.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Crasical posted:

I've been delicately and carefully nurturing my Kiyohime's love delusion since last Halloween and she only hit bond 9 today.

Weird. I've had Kiyohime since late January and she's halfway to bond 10.

I guess JP had way more farming events compared to NA.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I do appreciate how Sitonai's Bond CE is about how much Heracles is a loving badass though.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Everyone’s favorite Homie is being added to Arcade, still uses generic Caster attacks though

https://twitter.com/fgoproject/status/1055264054141378560?s=20

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Exia posted:

Everyone’s favorite Homie is being added to Arcade, still uses generic Caster attacks though

https://twitter.com/fgoproject/status/1055264054141378560?s=20

UPDATE HER ANIMATIONS YOU COWARDS

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Gologle posted:

I do appreciate how Sitonai's Bond CE is about how much Heracles is a loving badass though.

I mean, he is.

Still the best SR Berserker in the game! :allears:

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Whew, made it past Jalter without rolling. Going to roll once on Halloween and the rest of my quartz is for Rin. On both servers.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Dayum, Cleopatra laying down the law within the first 5 minutes. One could almost feel sorry for Liz.

E: oh Sitonai is up on the wikis I wonder how bad that 4th ascension art is

OH GOD WHY

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Playing through the Halloween event. Let me be nice to Liz you cowards.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh, huh, they started subtitling the voice lines in the various event shops finally.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Gloomy Rube posted:

Playing through the Halloween event. Let me be nice to Liz you cowards.

Never, the best part of Halloween is getting to bully the Dragon Stake Idoru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I'm firmly in the 'be nice to Liz' camp.

Also looking forward to more Nitocris because she's the best and I wish I'd summoned her.

Also also, Brave Liz gets really excited when you buy her ascension material in the shop and it's adorable.