Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Nope. And I don't play Tanks or Healers, so no Role Quests for them, so no Role Quest Capstone, either.

That's why I'll never do Tataru's quest. I have no interest in any of that stuff.

Yeah, forcing CT for Shadowbringers was bad enough. If they do something like that again, I'd probably quit.

This would also make me quit.

final fantasy xiv players when they encounter the slightest bit of friction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
FFXIV.

The game with no content, but full of content people don't want to do.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Make Baldasion Arsenal required in order to play Dawntrail.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Kheldarn posted:

Nope. And I don't play Tanks or Healers, so no Role Quests for them, so no Role Quest Capstone, either.

That's why I'll never do Tataru's quest. I have no interest in any of that stuff.

Yeah, forcing CT for Shadowbringers was bad enough. If they do something like that again, I'd probably quit.

This would also make me quit.

Genuine question because now I'm actually very curious -

Which kinds of content do you enjoy doing?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Tekopo posted:

Now this is the worst idea! Unless they make that easier to actually get into anyway.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just don't get the aversion to ARs or any of the normal optional content. Like I don't go anywhere near PF and stay mostly a solo player, but I still enjoy jumping into the roulettes or even queueing up the raids themselves.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They should just make the raids and alliance raids mandatory to unlock the next expansion. Literally no reason not to do this tbh.

The only problem I have with this is queue times for later optional content is stupid. Maybe I'm just queueing in at bad times, but even Endsinger's queue took some time to pop.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can absolutely understand like not wanting to farm alliance raids or repeat the questline anything but I can't imagine not even wanting to do them once.

Electric Phantasm posted:

The only problem I have with this is queue times for later optional content is stupid. Maybe I'm just queueing in at bad times, but even Endsinger's queue took some time to pop.

End-of-current-expansion bosses always take a bit longer to pop outside of the early days because they require you to be max level and not a lot of people are doing trial roulettes at max level.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ImpAtom posted:

I can absolutely understand like not wanting to farm alliance raids or repeat the questline anything but I can't imagine not even wanting to do them once.

I just don't get the aversion to ARs or any of the normal optional content. Like I don't go anywhere near PF and stay mostly a solo player, but I still enjoy jumping into the roulettes or even queueing up the raids themselves.

Yeah. I mean, I look at how I handle things - I am an ultra casual. I spend 90% of my time in this game going after Triple Triad cards or Fish. And if none of that is available, I'm probably just hanging out and socializing.

I do not touch extreme trials. I do not touch savage raids. I'll do all of the normal trials and normal raids though. But I don't farm them. I'll do them once for the story and then the only reason I'm ever re-running them is for Triple Triad cards. If they don't have cards, I'm probably never touching them again. I don't farm gear. I'll buy tomestone gear or crafted gear and that's good enough for me.

I like to do as much content as possible, but I'm never touching anything above normal difficulty unless there is a very good reason (like the Triple Triad card that required ShB totems).

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

Now this is the worst idea! Unless they make that easier to actually get into anyway.
Search your heart, you know there are much, much worse ideas there.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Data center travel to Aether, duty finder is dead everywhere else.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Tekopo posted:

Search your heart, you know there are much, much worse ideas there.

Big Fishing msq mandatory :hmmyes:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

Big Fishing msq mandatory :hmmyes:
"In order to travel to the New World, you will need to make the seas safer for travel."

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

when i trudged through eureka during shadowbringers, i knew that the moral choice at the end of it would be immediately negated by baldesion arsenal reconnecting both paths, so i figured the ejika's sacrifice path felt more narratively satisfying because it's him putting his unspoken faith in krile and the warrior of light and being rewarded for it, compared to krile's "eh, we'll fix it later" plan where "later" is one BA run followed by ejika saying he can turn off eureka by dipping his toes in the aetherial sea for a hot second.

i then proceeded to just completely neglect Baldesion Arsenal for nearly two years and completely forget it.

come endwalker i run into ejika's cousin, who actually reacts to your eureka progress, in my case saying something like "i heard you were with my cousin's last moments. i'm sure you did everything you could for him" and i'm like, well gently caress, now i have to do Baldesion Arsenal, the game successfully negged me into doing that bit of content.

the game's sidequest reactivity can be pretty fun

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Ojjeorago posted:

Data center travel to Aether, duty finder is dead everywhere else.

Data center travel was the worst addition ever made to this game

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It was fine until sometime in 6.4. And then everyone just decided to congregate on one DC per region.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It was fine until sometime in 6.4. And then everyone just decided to congregate on one DC per region.
This was an inevitable consequence of DC travel. Generally I like DC travel because it made static recruitment easier, but eventually one DC will always become the "PF DC", because it is much more efficient to have a single place to post/find PFs rather than multiple places. EU has basically all PF now happening in Light, for example. It started mostly with just ults, but now it's easier to do savage PF in Light as well. It's still possible to PF extremes in chaos but, again, the choice in Light is much much bigger.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Tekopo posted:

I should probably do Eureka at some point...

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Tekopo posted:

This was an inevitable consequence of DC travel. Generally I like DC travel because it made static recruitment easier, but eventually one DC will always become the "PF DC", because it is much more efficient to have a single place to post/find PFs rather than multiple places. EU has basically all PF now happening in Light, for example. It started mostly with just ults, but now it's easier to do savage PF in Light as well. It's still possible to PF extremes in chaos but, again, the choice in Light is much much bigger.

You shouldn't be allowed to post or join party finder groups if you're doing DC travel. :colbert:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It was bizarre, over the space of a week everything vanished. I do PFs on Primal and people will join just to say "you should go to Aether". gently caress off, it's not your group! Some of us actually LIKE the people in our linkshells and want to talk to them.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Bruceski posted:

It was bizarre, over the space of a week everything vanished. I do PFs on Primal and people will join just to say "you should go to Aether". gently caress off, it's not your group! Some of us actually LIKE the people in our linkshells and want to talk to them.

Yeah. This is me. I like being on Primal so I can actually talk to my FC and other friends. I peeked into Aether the other day and while Primal had like 3 PF groups, Aether had literally over 150 - not an exaggeration. It loving sucks.

I'm sure it's fine if you're on Aether, but loving sucks for everyone else I guess!!!!!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Kazinsal posted:

I should probably do Eureka at some point...

First zone is fine and pretty consistently a hugbox, second zone is actively antagonistic game design and has the most toxic people I've seen in the game, third has similar design (not quite as bad) but for some reason doesn't bring out the worst in people in the same way, and the fourth is fine with occasional incursions from the toxic folks in the second trying to stir poo poo up when a money NM's due to pop.

What I'm saying is if you can make it through Pagos you're through the worst of it and will be smooth sailing unless even the gameplay loop of Anemos pissed you off. In which case Eureka's just not for you (and that's okay).

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

World and DC travel go to the back of the line when there are login queues, so hopefully the expansion will force people to play on their own DCs for a while. My server is infested with Travelers

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I hadn't even thought of using cross-DC travel for PF so this is good information for doing content

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Nessus posted:

I hadn't even thought of using cross-DC travel for PF so this is good information for doing content

Yeah, it's good to know if you're trying to get things done, but something about it just makes me feel itchy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I admit I don't like doing cross-server stuff for the (probably entirely unjustified) concern that it's going to somehow gently caress everything up and delete my entire inventory because I tried to change servers at the wrong time.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
I'm not even talking about party finder, duty finder on Aether is also much quicker. I went through Eden recently and had a 90 min queue for E9 on Primal, then hopped over to Aether and had maybe 10 mins each for the rest of it.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Ojjeorago posted:

I'm not even talking about party finder, duty finder on Aether is also much quicker. I went through Eden recently and had a 90 min queue for E9 on Primal, then hopped over to Aether and had maybe 10 mins each for the rest of it.

What time/time zone?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

am i crazy or did they say something about eventually making duty or party finder work across data centers now that they made dc travel work

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Super No Vacancy posted:

am i crazy or did they say something about eventually making duty or party finder work across data centers now that they made dc travel work

Yes but before that. yoshi has stated that his eventual goal as director/producer is a completely 'worldless' game, but that the engineering and social obstacles to that are huge and require a lot of consideration

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

TheWorldsaStage posted:

What time/time zone?

It was like midday Pacific on a Friday, wasn't trying to run them at 3 AM or anything.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Ojjeorago posted:

It was like midday Pacific on a Friday, wasn't trying to run them at 3 AM or anything.

Oh drat, good to know but also :(

I don't think it was the intent for travel to make it harder to do content on your home server and I hope it gets brought up officially honestly

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

It's all part of the goal of having the Oceania experience match that of the older datacenters.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Antivehicular posted:

"Just saying something incorrect" is not actually a joke

Oh like that isn't the FFXIV threads' favorite activity

Anyway all this arguing about making content mandatory for MSQ progression is pointless because if they wanted to do it, they would. But they don't, often for a variety of reasons.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 13, 2023

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no idea about any of the logistics of this but i wonder how the cloud server test relates to tying together the dcs

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cleretic posted:

Am I seriously so bad at telling jokes that you can't even tell when I'm making one?

Genuinely yes,

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I feel like with the way things are going the eden raids are going to have to be required eventually if they continue to explore restoring both the first and thirteenth

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Feldegast42 posted:

I feel like with the way things are going the eden raids are going to have to be required eventually if they continue to explore restoring both the first and thirteenth

Yeah, especially given the end of the MSQ where Gaia shows up and says "You seriously hosed around with darkness and didn't think to involve me?"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

the_steve posted:

Yeah, especially given the end of the MSQ where Gaia shows up and says "You seriously hosed around with darkness and didn't think to involve me?"
I was wondering when that was going to hit. I was pleased she got voice lines, even.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ryne and Gaia come back but only because they need your help to hijack a train to kidnap a president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

We will discover her full name is actually Ryneoa.