Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Japan should be in the Semi-Finals :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Piss

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
rip

The blood sacrifices were just not enough.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Well, they gave it a good go

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Jerusalem posted:

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Tomorrow we can all watch Scotland pay for their hubris in beating them at least?

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014
loving tough game well played Wales, Boks need to up the intensity big time for next weekend

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Well played South Africa, had enough in the tank at the end of the game to take it.
Cuthbert must have played his last game in a Wales shirt?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

So uh is that France story I saw true? The players mutinied against the coaching staff and are coaching themselves?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

stavros880 posted:

Well played South Africa, had enough in the tank at the end of the game to take it.
Cuthbert must have played his last game in a Wales shirt?

I was just saying that. I can't see him being trusted again if we ever have a choice.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Xtanstic posted:

So uh is that France story I saw true? The players mutinied against the coaching staff and are coaching themselves?

sounds fairly likely for literally any french sporting group or team

was there anything about them splitting into cliques based on ethnicity and refusing to interact with each other

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I can't remember exactly what my :toxx: was, but I know it's more complicated than putting a picture of Alex Cuthbert next to my name :{

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Also, I'm worried Dan Biggar has gone back to the dressing room to literally kill either Priestland or Cuthbert. The constant camera cuts to his reactions really brought out his worst side, and reminded me why Biggar used to get boo'd by his own supporters.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

Xtanstic posted:

This happens every time France are in an international sporting contest.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Watching the game with a bunch of saffers, me buying one of them, that was intense. So intense I forgot to drink more than 2 beers (at 9 am). The Welsh came out playing better than expected and took us by surprise. I took one amazing try to actually win it. Hats off to the Welsh.
As for the french mutiny. It worked for them last world cup so might as well try it again

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tyma posted:

Also, I'm worried Dan Biggar has gone back to the dressing room to literally kill either Priestland or Cuthbert. The constant camera cuts to his reactions really brought out his worst side, and reminded me why Biggar used to get boo'd by his own supporters.

He was so loving angry when they took him off it was funny.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
'mon France

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

The post-match press conference explained that Biggar was ordered to take a concussion assessment test but refused to leave the pitch, which was why he was shown shouting at the physio.

When Priestland came onto the pitch, Biggar eventually left, but still refused to take the concussion test, and sort of sulked on the team bench, which is why everyone kept their cameras on him for his reactions.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think, considering the circumstances, people will be more sympathetic to Biggar today.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Oh sweet, I completely forgot that we might get to see France try and gently caress with the Haka again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Here we go :munch:

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Tyma posted:

Did Priestland do anything bad? He seemed fine. Cuthbert however...

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
The NZ national anthem is as bad as ours.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The French anthem is very jaunty :france:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Red jerseys?

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

fallingdownjoe posted:

Did Priestland do anything bad? He seemed fine. Cuthbert however...

For the first 10-15 minutes of the 2nd half I honestly thought Cuthbert was doing OK and would find his form again. Unfortunately it didn't turn out that way :(

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
that triangle formation they do the haka in now sucks.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I was wondering when we'll see the Kapa O Pango.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

France have let us down.

Go kill them, Beauden.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I wish teams were allowed to challenge the haka, for the most part I don't see it as disrespectful so much as answering the challenge.... plus it usually backfires on the team anyway since New Zealand apparently gains insanity powers from the sacrilege and plays next level rugby out of spite.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think the point forward triangle just isn't that impressive a formation to Haka in.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Jerusalem posted:

I wish teams were allowed to challenge the haka, for the most part I don't see it as disrespectful so much as answering the challenge.... plus it usually backfires on the team anyway since New Zealand apparently gains insanity powers from the sacrilege and plays next level rugby out of spite.

It would be worth the ensuing violence just to see one team do the macarena opposite them.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

stavros880 posted:

For the first 10-15 minutes of the 2nd half I honestly thought Cuthbert was doing OK and would find his form again. Unfortunately it didn't turn out that way :(

I was so pleased with his run! But then... Nah.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just letting Nonu walk through them.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think Nonu's still grumpy from 4 years ago.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I don't think we'll ever know for sure if they'd have gone through with it, but the expectation is that if Wales got through, they were going to use their allotted time to sing Men Of Harlech either during or after the Haka.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

goatface posted:

Just letting Nonu walk through them.

I don't think they're "letting" him :gonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tyma posted:

I don't think we'll ever know for sure if they'd have gone through with it, but the expectation is that if Wales got through, they were going to use their allotted time to sing Men Of Harlech either during or after the Haka.

Well this would explain all the "injuries" the team suffered as they got closer and closer to a possible match with NZ! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

I don't think they're "letting" him :gonk:

Then they should try tackling him below the chest.