Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Ok awesome, I just didn't know where to start outside of doing dailies and some of the blue dungeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Gearhead posted:

The symbol that looks like three arrows curled around a dot at the bottom of your inventory window is your Transmute window. This allows you to combine things outside of normal crafts. This is where you create gemstones out of gem fragments that aren't diamonds, where you create outfits from cloth and where you turn various salvaged dusts into gems to feed to your weapons and accessories past a certain point.

Well poo poo. I'm glad I decided to read this thread, otherwise I probably never would have figured that out.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

TheFluff posted:

Run under a vent with a waterfall to get rid of that debuff or you will instadie to the roar attack later, resist or no resist (he doesn't roar in the 24-man, but get used to clearing the debuff anyway).

You don't want to randomly get rid of that debuff, you want to get rid of it when he is about to fall or has fallen because it gives you a massive attack boost for 12 seconds right after you clear the debuff. Unless you got an unknowing moron on your team who grabs the thrasher while it is unconscious, you got 12 seconds of free time to completely go all out on the thrasher from when it falls down, wakes up, and does its roar. If properly done with 4 people you should be able to do about 50% of the thrasher's health bar in those 12 seconds.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

You don't want to randomly get rid of that debuff, you want to get rid of it when he is about to fall or has fallen because it gives you a massive attack boost for 12 seconds right after you clear the debuff. Unless you got an unknowing moron on your team who grabs the thrasher while it is unconscious, you got 12 seconds of free time to completely go all out on the thrasher from when it falls down, wakes up, and does its roar. If properly done with 4 people you should be able to do about 50% of the thrasher's health bar in those 12 seconds.

oh I thought it just gave a run speed buff :downs:

shows how much I know!

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

Just giving my opinion on E Fleet and Nightshade field "dungeons" if you're playing solo: Start doing E Fleet as soon as you hit 45 (assuming your gear is at least awakened infernal and your soul shield is at least renowned Moonwater). Once you get one of each of the purple soul shields from there, you're ready to start on Nightshade, even if you haven't upgraded any of your equipment, even if your gems are just regular non-diamond pentagons, even if your soul shield pieces are suboptimal. Make sure you at least put a green critical 7 or 8 soul shield into each piece, though (you can easily farm these from the archers on the rooftops to the immediate left at the entrance to E Fleet... I don't know why I've never seen anyone else go up there, they have like half the health of all the other marauders in the dungeon, do almost no damage, have no CCs, never team up, etc. but count just as much toward the daily). It will be difficult getting around Nightshade if you don't have wallrun, but you'll figure it out and be fine even if you don't.

Those two along with the Misty woods stuff (excluding Brightstone Ruins) are all reasonable solo -- although you won't be soloing any of the field bosses and may have to wait for others -- and should be the core of your dailies if you don't feel comfortable joining random parties yet.

edit: Actually, when I did all of this, I had my weapon up to awakened profane, and didn't do bloodmane until I upgraded my ring through siren, but otherwise this worked well for me.

edit again: I also used the Moonwater hero belt for E Fleet, followed by the Siren belt, which I've only upgraded kinda casually along the way. I'm not sure how necessary those were.

Willie Trombone fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 9, 2016

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I hope they never make up their mind about calling it Gun Oil or Perfume. Just swap it every patch, forever.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

In my heart it is both.

edit: Because it's super easy to miss, reminder that you can get a free extra character slot until the 31st. Just open the in-game store page and it should be there, listed as "Free Additional Slot Voucher".

Irony.or.Death fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Mar 10, 2016

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Let's talk about crafting. The OP implies most crafting guilds are useful. I've found that this is not so. Right now, if you want to make some easy money while leveling, join the Radiant Ring and the Stonecutters, get both to level 2 (should take a few hours at most), find the Granite sample in the Cinderlands and start crafting and selling Polished Granite; it'll make you a gold or two a day easily for no effort at all beyond logging in and clicking every 40 minutes.

Other than that, as of right now, as far as I can tell there are three crafting and two gathering guilds that are actually capable of making meaningful profit - and making a profit is the only use for crafting in this game since everything craftable can be bought on the market (with one exception that I'll get to in a bit). These guilds are:
Merry Potters
Radiant Ring
Soul Wardens
Tree Fellers
Stonecutters

The Radiant Ring and the Merry Potters are probably your best bet for getting started with making money at level 45.

The Radiant Ring is very easy and makes good money for little effort. Crafting Sparkling Pentagonal Gem Pouches only requires level 3 and the capital you need to get started is about 4-5g. Selling the pouches at current EU prices (which have been pretty stable for the last few weeks) yields a profit of 1.5-2g every 12 hours depending on price fluctuations (try to pick up the gem fragments when they're cheap, don't pay over 12 silver if at all possible), and you'll make even more money from selling any excess Polished Granite. In fact, depending on price dips, it might even be profitable to buy granite from the market and resell it in polished form, but the margins are razor thin and you're likely to lose money on fees and taxes so it's probably not worth the effort. When you have about 150g you can theoretically start crafting sparkling hexagonal pouches (needs a secret technique) but they're so rare still that who knows if you're gonna make a profit.

As far as the Merry Potters go, Premium Earthenware Refiners are also profitable and require very little capital to get started, they're just not quite as profitable as the gem pouches and require clicking more buttons more often. Don't bother joining Green Thumbs for the clay - just buy it on the market instead. Pine Sap from the Tree Fellers is so much more profitable that it more than covers the extra expense. When you start getting more money, consider getting the secret technique book (make sure you get the right one) and move over to Premium Tempered Clay Refiners. It'll take a while to pay for itself, though.

The Soul Wardens are a far less obvious choice. Their two main products are transformation stones and soul shields with a high crit stat (used for fusing onto high end soul shields). Some of these seem like they can be pretty profitable (Artisanal Cinderlands Soul Shields stand out right now) but the volume traded is very low and on the higher end items (Moonwater Transformation Stones, Moonwater soul shields) the margins aren't huge - be careful before you get in (on Moonwater Transformation Stones especially, since you need a lot of capital to get off the ground). However, there is apparently a special snowflake reason to level Soul Wardens: people on the internet tell me that when we get craftable purple soul shields in a future patch, they will be bind on pickup, so the only way to max out the crit stat on certain endgame soul shield pieces is to be a high level soul warden and craft the crit soul shields yourself. Make of that what you will.

As far as I can see everything else is either considerably less profitable than these or in some odd special snowflake situation - for example it seems like Acquired Taste can make some high end combat buff foods that are actually decently profitable, but the volume traded across all the EU servers is about a dozen items per day if that, so it's a very risky market to get into. Weirdest thing is unsealing charms, they sell on the market for more than what they cost at NPC's with pretty high volumes traded but as far as I can tell it's not really profitable to make them. Maybe people just relist NPC-bought charms.

bnscraftcalculator.com is good if you want to play around with the numbers yourself, but be aware it doesn't really calculate taxes/fees correctly (it uses a flat percentage that you can configure; in reality the game charges you per item too, so low volume items are taxed less).

also please point out if I said something retarded or if there's something in future patches I don't know about that will turn this on its head

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 10, 2016

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Willie Trombone posted:

Just giving my opinion on E Fleet and Nightshade field "dungeons" if you're playing solo: Start doing E Fleet as soon as you hit 45 (assuming your gear is at least awakened infernal and your soul shield is at least renowned Moonwater). Once you get one of each of the purple soul shields from there, you're ready to start on Nightshade, even if you haven't upgraded any of your equipment, even if your gems are just regular non-diamond pentagons, even if your soul shield pieces are suboptimal. Make sure you at least put a green critical 7 or 8 soul shield into each piece, though (you can easily farm these from the archers on the rooftops to the immediate left at the entrance to E Fleet... I don't know why I've never seen anyone else go up there, they have like half the health of all the other marauders in the dungeon, do almost no damage, have no CCs, never team up, etc. but count just as much toward the daily). It will be difficult getting around Nightshade if you don't have wallrun, but you'll figure it out and be fine even if you don't.

Those two along with the Misty woods stuff (excluding Brightstone Ruins) are all reasonable solo -- although you won't be soloing any of the field bosses and may have to wait for others -- and should be the core of your dailies if you don't feel comfortable joining random parties yet.

edit: Actually, when I did all of this, I had my weapon up to awakened profane, and didn't do bloodmane until I upgraded my ring through siren, but otherwise this worked well for me.

edit again: I also used the Moonwater hero belt for E Fleet, followed by the Siren belt, which I've only upgraded kinda casually along the way. I'm not sure how necessary those were.

CAn you head into nightshade solo like you can with E. Supply? I was under the impression you had to go in with a preset group.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Lyer posted:

CAn you head into nightshade solo like you can with E. Supply? I was under the impression you had to go in with a preset group.

Yes it's the same thing. We won't have organized 24-man raids that need a preset group until well into lv50 content.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Been playing this for a few days since I finished xcom2 and don't feel like replaying that right now. There are some weird design choices here, blocked gold spammers still give the whisper notification, they can repeat friend invite you, etc.

I made a warlock on the yunwa server and ran into a couple people questing who are in a "goonsquad boys" guild. They weren't very talkative when I asked about the guild name though.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Huh, I play on yunwa and have yet to see that guild. Don;t discard the friend request and leave it up, looks like it's the same 2 bots that try and friend you with the website name, so you won't be getting that annoying ding all the time.

The worst is when you queue up in the dungeon party finder and half the group are bots, a simple vote kick or "must do x damage to get loot", or not be afk timer would be good solutions.

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

I started maintaining my own spreadsheet of all the gathering and crafting options along with their profitability (per minute) as soon as I hit level 15, and it has always been that granite, pine logs, polished granite, premium lake mud refiner, and pentagonal diamond pouches were the only high-volume items that had significant profitability... it's just that the rest of the market seems to have figured this out so now you can't make more than 50 copper per minute this way whereas it used to be like 150. It also used to be possible to make way more through premium earthenware refiners, but that's in part because you were getting the recipe before anyone else when everyone else needed the recipe to upgrade their gear to farm the recipe, but now even that only gives like 12 copper per minute.

Also, for anyone wondering, about two thirds of the crafting options and a fourth of the gathering options actually lose money once you account for guild and market fees. The game really sets this up weirdly, as this means that for most people -- who don't want to bother setting up a spreadsheet and tracking prices periodically -- they should completely avoid crafting, and just gather the same two things as everyone else. It's almost to the point where making money through crafting takes *more* time than just doing dailies (which isn't helped by the crafting guilds not being near the lucrative dailies).

edit: Oh, and polishing granite no longer is abusable for a quick few silver. It used to be you could buy 200 granite for 2.4 gold, polish it for 1.6 silver, and sell it for 3.5 gold, profiting about half a gold after market fees, but now the prices have narrowed enough for that to not be profitable after the fees.

Willie Trombone fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Mar 11, 2016

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
I haven't transmuted anything yet, currently level 39. Do I need to mess with that stuff before 45?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Not until you have a surplus of soulstones, which won't be until after you've been 45 for a while. Transmuting Elements/Jewels for your own use is worthwhile after Awakened Siren level of gear is reached, however.

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

I transmuted all my regular pentagons myself, which I used through 45, and I think it was worthwhile in retrospect (the gem fragments are nearly free, even if you're combining triangular fragments to make the squares to make the pentagons), but beyond that it's a substantial money sink. I actually think it's worthwhile to go for some of the "trash" gems before trying to optimize gems yourself, for example you can often pick up a 600 evasion diamond for only 5g and for players who aren't the best it's honestly just as helpful as the 35 attack damage diamond that goes for 100 times as much (evade ~8% more damage and CCs or deal ~4% more damage to enemies is what the tradeoff works out to, and that's after accounting for a failure to dodge the ~third of boss attacks which cannot be evaded).

As for transmuting to make a profit, I suspect that's only worth it if you have premium, as otherwise you can't sell more than 10 gems a day even if you're selling absolutely nothing else.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Willie Trombone posted:

I actually think it's worthwhile to go for some of the "trash" gems before trying to optimize gems yourself, for example you can often pick up a 600 evasion diamond for only 5g and for players who aren't the best it's honestly just as helpful as the 35 attack damage diamond that goes for 100 times as much (evade ~8% more damage and CCs or deal ~4% more damage to enemies is what the tradeoff works out to, and that's after accounting for a failure to dodge the ~third of boss attacks which cannot be evaded).

I don't see how this is worthwhile. you shouldn't be getting hit that much, almost every class has plenty of evasion or iframes to begin with, and if you would have survived anyway by the end of the fight then that evasion did gently caress all for you. Meanwhile attack power diamond helps on LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR ATTACKS. The comparison isn't even close.

I don't know how much they are nowadays but a 25 AP diamond when i bought one was like 20g? That's loving 2 days worth of dailies for more attack power than you'll get from a significant number of weapon levels/evolutions. It's probably the most cost-efficient damage increase in the game. There's also no need to go for the most expensive version since it gets considerably cheaper for not that much less AP.

Don't waste your money on pointless stuff, just save up the money as soon as you can for a reasonable AP diamond and get it out of the way.

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

cathead posted:

I don't see how this is worthwhile. you shouldn't be getting hit that much, almost every class has plenty of evasion or iframes to begin with, and if you would have survived anyway by the end of the fight then that evasion did gently caress all for you. Meanwhile attack power diamond helps on LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR ATTACKS. The comparison isn't even close.

I don't know how much they are nowadays but a 25 AP diamond when i bought one was like 20g? That's loving 2 days worth of dailies for more attack power than you'll get from a significant number of weapon levels/evolutions. It's probably the most cost-efficient damage increase in the game. There's also no need to go for the most expensive version since it gets considerably cheaper for not that much less AP.

Don't waste your money on pointless stuff, just save up the money as soon as you can for a reasonable AP diamond and get it out of the way.

Well, hey, if "you shouldn't be getting hit that much" why even equip soul shields that give lots of HP? Just slot an artisanal Moonwater critical piece in your slot 8 and go to town.

In reality, players who aren't the best get hit a whole lot, otherwise soloing the big 4 wouldn't even be a challenge at all and people wouldn't bother joining parties because you just wind up with less loot per person (farming bids when you're poor aside). Once you're actually at the point where you aren't risking dying at all, sure a few percent more damage makes stuff go faster, but it's not actually helping you win fights you would have lost any more. Before then, if you actually do the math, evasion does matter, and 600 of it instead of15 attack power (the actual same-price attack power gem) is more helpful.

For reference for anyone wanting to judge themselves, the current approximate lowest prices for attack power diamonds are: 4AP for 11s, 7AP for 70s, 8AP for 1g, 15AP for 4g, 19AP for 8.5g, 25AP for 18g, 28AP for 43.5g, and 35AP for 550g.

Unfortunately there happen to not be any 600 evasion diamonds on the market right now so I don't know how to even check their recent prices (I suspect they'll actually be lower than 5g by now), but to give you an idea the second-best is 470 evasion which goes for only 70s, declining from 1g over the past four days.

edit: Also, all stepping-stone diamonds are equally going to be thrown away eventually, there's no special economic logic to going AP all the time.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Willie Trombone posted:

Well, hey, if "you shouldn't be getting hit that much" why even equip soul shields that give lots of HP? Just slot an artisanal Moonwater critical piece in your slot 8 and go to town.

This is a really poor comparison. You don't go specifically go for soul shields with HP. You go for ideal crit rolls in every possible slot, and the max HP and the other defensive stats are just a bonus. The only merit in stacking defensive stats intentionally is if you're a tank, but you still don't want to slack on damage to much or else you can't hold threat and are useless, and considering tanks have numerous defensive and iframe skills, your damage taken is still most easily reduced by just playing better.

quote:

In reality, players who aren't the best get hit a whole lot, otherwise soloing the big 4 wouldn't even be a challenge at all and people wouldn't bother joining parties because you just wind up with less loot per person (farming bids when you're poor aside). Once you're actually at the point where you aren't risking dying at all, sure a few percent more damage makes stuff go faster, but it's not actually helping you win fights you would have lost any more. Before then, if you actually do the math, evasion does matter, and 600 of it instead of15 attack power (the actual same-price attack power gem) is more helpful.

For reference for anyone wanting to judge themselves, the current approximate lowest prices for attack power diamonds are: 4AP for 11s, 7AP for 70s, 8AP for 1g, 15AP for 4g, 19AP for 8.5g, 25AP for 18g, 28AP for 43.5g, and 35AP for 550g.

Unfortunately there happen to not be any 600 evasion diamonds on the market right now so I don't know how to even check their recent prices (I suspect they'll actually be lower than 5g by now), but to give you an idea the second-best is 470 evasion which goes for only 70s, declining from 1g over the past four days.

edit: Also, all stepping-stone diamonds are equally going to be thrown away eventually, there's no special economic logic to going AP all the time.

You're still leaning on a crutch and rolling the dice to try and avoid damage instead of actually learning the fight and using your defensive abilities at the correct time to minimize the damage you take. It's not like you need to be a god at the game to do something as simple as not dying on a particular fight.

The extra evasion will only truly help you if you happen to evade a hit that would have killed you. You shouldn't be getting hit by fatal blows THAT often that the extra evasion should save you that much (since there's plenty of chance that it won't and then it's pointless), and if you are you really need to work on being a better player. On the other hand, the extra damage helps you all of the time, on every attack you do. There's no other way to get that much attack power on a gem so you're wasting a significant source of attack power for your weapon if you use any other type.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Wow those 24 mans are pretty fun, do these things exist at level 50? Speaking of level 50, I read somewhere that you shouldn't upgrade past true profane because the upgrade paths split or something?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
You can read alot of stuff everywhere, stuff like the guy above telling you to use an evasion diamond over an attack power diamond. Just upgrade your weapon as high as you can, preferably all the way to true pirate before the lvl 50 patch. People won't even pug the current end game dungeons with you if you're showing up with true profane because you're contributing nothing with true profane.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Lyer posted:

Wow those 24 mans are pretty fun, do these things exist at level 50? Speaking of level 50, I read somewhere that you shouldn't upgrade past true profane because the upgrade paths split or something?

Alas, no. Nightshade is the last one we'll have. Lv50 is more centered around 6/4mans, though I do think it has more level-cap areas out in the world to do daily stuff but I don't think they're organized like E. Fleet/Nightshade are. There are actual 24-man structured raids at 50 though, eventually.

As for the upgrade path split, just check this image and where it splits, the bottom row is Silverfrost (46-50+) weapon path.

So the split off points are True Profane, True Siren, or True Pirate. You'll just be locked into whatever branch is up next once the lv50 cap patch rolls around (probably in April sometime). There's no problem upgrading now, since you will overall spend far less on materials going to True Pirate now and then branching off, rather than staying on True Profane and waiting.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Goddamn that's a ton of mats, I'm not sure I can even hit true siren before the 50 patch comes out. I'll probably save up all the mats and do it all at once, so I don't get stuck in the middle somewhere.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

cathead posted:

Alas, no. Nightshade is the last one we'll have. Lv50 is more centered around 6/4mans, though I do think it has more level-cap areas out in the world to do daily stuff but I don't think they're organized like E. Fleet/Nightshade are. There are actual 24-man structured raids at 50 though, eventually.

As for the upgrade path split, just check this image and where it splits, the bottom row is Silverfrost (46-50+) weapon path.

So the split off points are True Profane, True Siren, or True Pirate. You'll just be locked into whatever branch is up next once the lv50 cap patch rolls around (probably in April sometime). There's no problem upgrading now, since you will overall spend far less on materials going to True Pirate now and then branching off, rather than staying on True Profane and waiting.

So those who hit True Pirate 10 are not going to True Gale 10, but to True Gale 1?

HapiMerchant fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 11, 2016

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

HapiMerchant posted:

So those who hit True Pirate 10 are not going to True Gale 10, but to True Gale 1?

Yeah it goes to True Gale 1, just like the usual upgrades would go level-wise. You can actually see it in game since the last patch if you're on True Pirate 10.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
So I just hit level 45 last night, now what do I do to get started on the endgame? Is there specific 'starter' gear I should be getting, or do I just jump into the easiest level 45 dungeon (whichever one that is) and hope for the best? Should I complete the story first before attempting any dungeons? Also, is the marketplace the only source of moonwater transformation stones?

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

Zakmonster posted:

So I just hit level 45 last night, now what do I do to get started on the endgame? Is there specific 'starter' gear I should be getting, or do I just jump into the easiest level 45 dungeon (whichever one that is) and hope for the best? Should I complete the story first before attempting any dungeons? Also, is the marketplace the only source of moonwater transformation stones?

Absolutely need to finish the story to unlock a lot of the endgame content. From there do your Misty Woods PVP Dailies for soulstones (beach pvp and tomb of the exiles daily give some soulstones too) and the 24 mans to get some decent soulshields and save the elite critical 7/8s you get from poh24 for infusion fodder. Welcome to the gold grind part of the endgame where you need gold for everything. F8ing the big 4 (blue 45 dungeons) will net you some money too if recipies drop and moonwater tears still go for a decent amount but if you have a buddy or two to do the dungeons with then that would be more profitable.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Zakmonster posted:

The OP has some stuff on this but I also found this to be helpful.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Anyone else having an issue where the quest doesn't 'pop up' properly? Made my second character now but I'm unable to progress because of this :(

nogic
Jul 6, 2002

Stalins Moustache posted:

Anyone else having an issue where the quest doesn't 'pop up' properly? Made my second character now but I'm unable to progress because of this :(

Did you try hitting O (or whatever the key is) to open the quest log and see if it's there?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Stalins Moustache posted:

it looks like your quest log is closed, click the double arrows that are pointing left just below the minimap.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I just kicked a bear in the face, picked it up, headbutted it then powerbombed it.

This game is amazing.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Have gotten my assassin up to 22, did Blackram Narrows until I got my blight weapon. How do Assassins typically function in pve groups? I know that low level 6 mans isn't really something to base anything off of, but not really sure of the best way to contribute on low hp trash mobs, or what combos are worth doing on bosses for dpsing.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Shadowstep or whatever to stealth -> Spam stealthed right click -> run away a bit -> Shadowstep -> repeat. You can mix it up and use Poison Mine along with Stealth 3 talented to restealth when the mob is poisoned as well.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm level 40 now and on the "Enter the Pigsty through the Outhouse" quest, but all the mobs down there are level 44 and I'm getting my rear end kicked. What should I do to level in the meantime?

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I'm silver in pvp as a 45 kfm and just get schooled by everything now it seems. I use escapes only to get trapped or dazed immediately after and people just resist all of mine. Is a dedicated pvp build needed? Suggestions on how I can learn to better utilize skills? I've seen some streamers but it doesn't exactly show me anything except they're good. I always suck at pvp in games but this kinda forces me to do it and as usual I'm garbage.

Also I don't understand the F retreat. It doesn't seem to do anything most of the time.

Shineix
Apr 2, 2010

Flanx2
I'd say as a minimum, spec ice guard and just spam your counter. Also just spec into cc on every skill and use shin kick -> f attack move when they're are dazed/stunned/knock down'd.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Does anyone want a stupid apron? These things only go for like 20 copper and I picked up five of them in the process.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

I Own Soulz posted:

I'm silver in pvp as a 45 kfm and just get schooled by everything now it seems. I use escapes only to get trapped or dazed immediately after and people just resist all of mine. Is a dedicated pvp build needed? Suggestions on how I can learn to better utilize skills? I've seen some streamers but it doesn't exactly show me anything except they're good. I always suck at pvp in games but this kinda forces me to do it and as usual I'm garbage.

Also I don't understand the F retreat. It doesn't seem to do anything most of the time.
Yes you need a specific PVP build. Check this thread and others for some important basics: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4adaxo/share_your_pvp_knowledge_everything_that_might/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

I Own Soulz posted:

You're going to get schooled in PVP until you understand what other classes do. In general, everyone's gameplan is to force you to blow your F and your tab and then CC chain you to death. Most newbies blow their tab as soon as they get stunned and this is a Bad Idea because it makes you 1. predictable 2. they still have the rest of their CCs to use on you, so instead of doing their full combo now they can only pull off like 80% of it.

Improving on 1 comes from not panicking and blowing your tab at the first opportunity. Improving on 2 comes from understanding classes and matchups, which I'm sure you can find goons who are willing to spar with you and teach you what their scumbag class does (I'm KFM and SM if you want to learn that matchup).

So since you're KFM, you should actually be relying on your vast amount of resist/iframe/parry moves to prevent having to use your tab/F. Q/E is hilariously awesome when specced into since it gives you resists during the animation and for a full second afterwards. Additionally, if you resist 3 times during a single Q/E, you get an evasion buff that makes you RNG dodge just about everything for like 6 seconds. It's very easy to achieve 3 resists on spinners like destro/bd since their spin hits so many times.

Speaking of spinning and resists, you mentioned you feel like most people resist all your CC. In general, if they're spinning or doing a F tumble, or a multihit move like your C, they're going to resist. Since spinners are very common, what you need to know is that destro/bd only have enough chi to do 4-5 spins and are vulnerable to knockdown/launch but not stun/daze. They get chi back from landing a solid hit on you during their spin, solid hit meaning you're not resisting it with Q/E or parrying it. If you're going to try to knockdown/launch them while they're spinning, be very careful not to do it during the first 0.5s of their spin or they'll parry it and stun you.

As KFM, you should be relying on getting a resist with Q/E which will proc you RMB triple kick stun. It's your lowest cooldown stun at 9 seconds, so you need to use that most often. The other stuns like Z or V are more for securing a kill with 3RF combos once you know their escapes are down. 4 and C are used more for punishing F tumbles by dazing them, especially 4 since it has like a 9m range which can almost catch everyone's F tumbles (SM and FM have a 10m tumble I think)

Lastly, the F tumble only seems to work on daze/knockdown in the first half second. If you do it too late, nothing will happen.

yergacheffe fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 16, 2016

• Locked thread