Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

frozenpussy posted:

Something to do with this really being a last chance at something before capital changes that make supers more prone to say ouch

Jump fatigue November '14... capital changes, question mark?

What are you trying to say here exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

evilweasel posted:

to make a long story short, our overriding wartime philosophy is to make absolutely sure you have as little fun as possible

if you want fun fights, we do them in your house, in our house there is only suffering and misery

We uh

We don't have a house, homie. And you're in the process of losing yours.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Someone posted links in helldump

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

who reported what

also everyone is being mostly nice i promise, it's just "there are 2 actual sides in a conflict in game and there are people taking it more seriously than others on both sides" so it sounds more hostile than it is

p much. This is like a pillow fight compared to the division thread.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

Someone posted links in helldump

i forgot that forum existed and now im glad

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum
I played EVE for a trial period a few years ago and gave it up. A few days ago, I read about this huge war on Gizmodo or some loving thing, and followed the links back to Reddit, and ended up back here. My conclusion is that this thread is the biggest poo poo sandwich of Forum Drama that I've seen maybe ever.

:wtc:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Bacon Taco posted:

I played EVE for a trial period a few years ago and gave it up. A few days ago, I read about this huge war on Gizmodo or some loving thing, and followed the links back to Reddit, and ended up back here. My conclusion is that this thread is the biggest poo poo sandwich of Forum Drama that I've seen maybe ever.

Your post fits right in. Welcome.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

objectively bad posted:

why does nonspecific (but still useful) advice bother you so much?

I lack the effort and software to do so on this laptop, but pretend I changed "cities" to say "spaceships".

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Bacon Taco posted:

congrats on finding literally the only place that both sides can talk without one side getting moderated/downvoted away

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
The Division is fun

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

congrats on finding literally the only place that both sides can talk without one side getting moderated/downvoted away

Well it's clear someone was snitching just now.

Aztech
May 30, 2009

almighty posted:

I just checked, she does not have the bra on.

Investagitive journalism at its finest.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Despera posted:

The Division is fun

no spin please

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

Then we started feeding people Machs and the whole of eve made a narrative just as an excuse to come enjoy the faction battleship buffet.

Is this just the M-O fight or did we have a history of strat FCs welping machariels prior to that?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

YouTuber posted:

Well it's clear someone was snitching just now.

videogames isnt gonna probe or ban anyone for disagreeing!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Nietzschean posted:

Is this just the M-O fight or did we have a history of strat FCs welping machariels prior to that?

For the record we got pretty lucky when we landed on those machs at zero.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Bacon Taco posted:

Drama is the lifeblood of EVE.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Daruna posted:

We uh

We don't have a house, homie. And you're in the process of losing yours.

Please don't cut me off from my 2013 fit ratting ishtar and my 2010 era newbie salvage.

The C02 flip already lost me access to my ancient bait domi the ss slowfat.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Hole Squad is a "wormhole corp".

Also, :laffo:

There's a bit of a war on back home at the moment.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=3688,3689,3685&b=6975060&e=132&t=rrvrurvfuvrvvub&o=1&ro=113.73333333333333

love jay long time

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Venom Snake posted:

There's a bit of a war on back home at the moment.

tolstoy for ceo the true pvp leader for hole squad

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

videogames isnt gonna probe or ban anyone for disagreeing!

This is very correct. I dislike safe spaces threads. You should be able to enjoy something and still be able to take criticism when there are valid points against it.

There were a strange number of reports, but rather than probate/ban without getting involved I just wanted to pop in and make sure we are all doing OK.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

who reported what

also everyone is being mostly nice i promise, it's just "there are 2 actual sides in a conflict in game and there are people taking it more seriously than others on both sides" so it sounds more hostile than it is

I reported that one reddit guy for making jokes about things being beaten like a slave or something, also because of some other jew joke

I don't find that very chill and this is supposed to be a very chill thread where people that like video games can talk about video games.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

VideoGames posted:

This is very correct. I dislike safe spaces threads. You should be able to enjoy something and still be able to take criticism when there are valid points against it.

There were a strange number of reports, but rather than probate/ban without getting involved I just wanted to pop in and make sure we are all doing OK.

I think everyone is doing fine, there are some strong feelings and some strong support for both sides of a war that is probably the most exciting in EVE in a long time. There is a huge amount of emotional investment for some people though so it might get a little crass but that is just fine imo.

However if someone is being stupid it should be pointed out until they improve.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
What sort of sniveling little bitch reports posts? Shameful

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011
Why exactly isn't that chill?

I could understand if it was someone saying "kill yourself" but it isn't that

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

VideoGames posted:

We're all fine, some people are reporting because they are bitches and or fatties.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What happened here that led to an engagement outnumbered 1:3.5 after there's been then blueballs-or-superdunk hurf from on high? Did he get baited and trapped or something?

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011
Even if someone tells you to kill yourself on an internet forum or in an internet chat, if you got upset over that i think you should harden the gently caress up, myself.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nietzschean posted:

What happened here that led to an engagement outnumbered 1:3.5 after there's been then blueballs-or-superdunk hurf from on high? Did he get baited and trapped or something?

Didn't scout well enough.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I reported that one reddit guy for making jokes about things being beaten like a slave or something, also because of some other jew joke

I don't find that very chill and this is supposed to be a very chill thread where people that like video games can talk about video games.

this is the hurf thread, eonwe thread is chill thread

Alunan
May 27, 2008

Nietzschean posted:

My understanding is there was a scouting cockup.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Daruna posted:

Even if someone tells you to kill yourself on an internet forum or in an internet chat, if you got upset over that i think you should harden the gently caress up, myself.

I think it's fine to express your viewpoint and retort someone else's without acting like you're on xbox live. I don't really like it when people tell other people to kill themselves even online because you know, some people have deeper psychological issues that telling them to "harden the gently caress up" won't fix, thanks. namaste.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

objectively bad posted:

why does nonspecific (but still useful) advice bother you so much?

What I read into your post was "this guys is not loving around L5s really must be hella safe, done right." Like (almost) unbelievably so.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think that generally, reporting people is probably not good, tho I think telling people to kill themselves is a lot worse than that

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

VideoGames posted:

Sorry my effort post brought up a shitstorm, I purposely avoided insulting people or name calling to keep it civil though.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

this is the hurf thread, eonwe thread is chill thread

I don't recognize threads with OPs that don't even play the game

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Daruna posted:

I don't particular like people telling others to kill themselves. Surely there are more intelligent ways of disagreeing without resorting to just that? Otherwise the person saying it just seems childish and not worth listening to.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
send deadtear a pm about your mod needs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

VideoGames posted:

I don't particular like people telling others to kill themselves. Surely there are more intelligent ways of disagreeing without resorting to just that? Otherwise the person saying it just seems childish and not worth listening to.

the EVE thread often says really dumb and bad things, and if you say they are dumb and bad, you are called a concern troll

I don't think anyone in the thread even thinks its actually okay to tell someone to kill themselves, but for some reason EVE brings out the absolute worst in anyone who plays it

• Locked thread