Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Fail has been detected in this sector.

Soral
May 30, 2009

yeah thats like the coolest reveal in the game ,dont got no clue why anyone would ever post that poo poo untagged in a thread where people are posting about just getting to the swamp or whatever

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

life in the swamps as a caster.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mHKHKR8x6A

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i respecced my ng++ guy to have 75 luck, wearing symbol of avarice, gold serpent ring +3, the rapier that adds 50 luck, and bought 600 rusted coins. i have like 520 item discovery with the buff and the drop rate for the covenant items is still abysmal. this sucks

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

The symbol of avarice is still a thing?? I couldnt find it :(

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Mimics drop them randomly.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I got one :D

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Ah. Cheers

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It weighs more than most chest armors but like DS2, the tongue flops around like mad making it all worth it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wolnir was pinwheel tier easy. First genuinely disappointing boss

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Wolnir was pinwheel tier easy. First genuinely disappointing boss

He's one of the most pointless bosses I've ever fought in a souls game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The worst part about Wolnir is how its almost impossible to die to him except for getting stuck on his arms or when he does the charge attack when you're already against the wall. When he does that his chest clips through the wall making the insta-death fog impossible to escape

The first character I beat him with had that exact death happen like 8 times in a row lol

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I don't know if it's what you're talking about but the only times he's killed me is when he does that attack where he crawls towards you and I just get trapped in his hitbox and take damage until I die.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AHungryRobot posted:

I don't know if it's what you're talking about but the only times he's killed me is when he does that attack where he crawls towards you and I just get trapped in his hitbox and take damage until I die.

That's exactly it. The arena you fight him in is not infinite and sometimes he does the crawl attack when you have nowhere else to go, which means you die.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Yeah Wolnir is I think the only boss where you can die and feel like there was absolutely nothing you could have done different to save yourself, it was just something that happened. Poor form

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

You learn the patterns, the openings, you know when the capitalize, and then you get to the second form expecting an ultra power up, and now it just happens twice at once. perfect stuff

i beat him because i realized that i can charge up a power attack as hes spawning in the ghost and nail them, then they'll still be in the animation and i could just do another swipe and kil lthe ghost

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i'm on one of the last lords of cinder yhorm, and i have no idea wtf to do lol. i got the sword i need but if i take one hit from him im loving dead

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

SM64Guy posted:

i'm on one of the last lords of cinder yhorm, and i have no idea wtf to do lol. i got the sword i need but if i take one hit from him im loving dead

the sword will kill him in five supercharged hits, basically you just need to get good at dodging him until you can get away long enough to charge the sword again after each hit

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Beat Abyss Watchers

38 deaths so far in the game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've played this 45 hours in 4 days and I still have 9 days off left

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

I've played this 45 hours in 4 days and I still have 9 days off left

the week after next I get off cause its the end of the semester and so I'll be able to beat the game 10 more times hell yeah

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I took off Thursday-Tuesday, and will be playing this game non stop

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
im at like 90 hours so far lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm at 25 hours ish but a solid 10 of that was pvp

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I'm at about 25 too, beat the game and maxed out the heirs of the sun covenant

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm choosing not to beat more than one boss per day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm choosing not to beat more than one boss per day

I've been pacing myself considerably, moreso than any other release in recent memory. I just love soaking it all in

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Im at like 8 hours in the character creator

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

im at 33 hours with probably another 10 to go at least, unless later levels are particularly short

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

60 hours on my first character. Probably like half of that is purely loving about with various online aspects and not progressing at all. Just entered NG+ because I want to get this character to NG+ Pointiff's courtyard for the true dark souls of dueling.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Im at like 8 hours in the character creator

haha word. they finally made it so moving a slider doesnt move other sliders which i like very much

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i beat the game for the irst time at 57 hours. but i really took my time, i didnt do any online though. and i didnt die more than once or twice to any bosses. i will probably playt 500+ hours in total

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
My insane pace

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I die a lot to a bosses because even though I play these games a lot I'm still not very good at them.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I die a lot to a bosses because even though I play these games a lot I'm still not very good at them.

i started off super bad. but i doubt anyone would be any worse than me after putting in like 1500 hours into the series like me :P

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, my total count is probably only around 400 at this point, most of which is in DSII (which i think is the easiest) and Demons (most exploitable) so I have to learn a lot again each time a new one comes out

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I finished at around 37 hours which is fine ... it felt short but I spent a disgusting amount of time on it every day last week so it probably wasn't really. I'm also going to be playing it for the rest of time.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

yeah ive died to quite a few bosses at least 5-10 times but then theres the occasional one i beat on my first try, or sometimes i just get lucky and beat a boss when im not expecting to at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wolnir is so bad. Id say fighting him is child's play but it's really more like babys play.

• Locked thread