Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

What exactly is so wrong with fox hunting except that "its for rich people" ?

What's wrong with anything? All human morals are down to the individual. A moral code is a personal thing. Work it out yourself dickhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Can everyone stop quoting the same like two people and saying "gently caress off racist/whatever"? It adds literally nothing to the discourse...it's like you guys want something to do while He Who Shall Not Be Flapped is on probation.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

hakimashou posted:

What exactly is so wrong with fox hunting except that "its for rich people" ?
The bit where they build artificial earths to encourage foxes to breed beyond a sustainable level, to the point where they start being a nuisance, send pissy threats to farmers who shoot the foxes that became a problem for small livestock, bring villages to a standstill while they parade around like twats, and gallop all over farm and field generally being a nuisance, all in aid of a method of hunting that is long obsolete and pointlessly bad. There's a reason they sometimes got met at the gates with shotguns.

At least with informal hare coursing (which I bet they don't bring back with fox hunting) you sometimes got something for the pot in exchange for your ridiculous dog and ponyrabbit show.

You want to hunt foxes that are causing problems? Get a suitable load (anything upwards of a .22 Hornet should do), a lamp, a noise suppressor, a thermos of strong tea, and do it at 4 in the morning like rabbit lampers. And don't purposefully breed them, because that's the dumbest poo poo.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

OwlFancier posted:

Unlike cheese, I do not believe maturity improves the brain.

It improves until about 25 on its own, then it's all how much you can teach yourself. The liberal arts help there.

Namtab posted:

The only thing worse than the private psychologist is people arguing about how the brain of a teen works.

E: I'm on the side of 16yos shouldn't shag, vote, get taxed etc

It's completely fascinating, how the brain develops.

And I don't think you will have any luck in stopping the 16 year olds from shagging, life finds a way.

(I do not want to gently caress anyone younger than 20 though, and even that doesn't really appeal.)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Of course, you're American so your genetically unable to feel empathy towards animals. It's always saddened me that America has this massive biodiversity and all you do is piss and moan about "pests" and think the most majestic an animal can look is when it's in a crumpled mess with bullet wounds. You don't deserve your wildlife or national parks.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

winegums posted:

Can everyone stop quoting the same like two people and saying "gently caress off racist/whatever"? It adds literally nothing to the discourse...it's like you guys want something to do while He Who Shall Not Be Flapped is on probation.
liberalism.txt

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

winegums posted:

Mmmmm, it's definitely better when we engage with them.

(It's really not, & it was done when Pissflaps was still around. No tolerance for Nazis, racists, fascists, genocide apologists or slavery apologists is one of the things that make UKMT good)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

How did someone support genocide? Like literally or what?

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

winegums posted:

No not if they are. As for pissflaps ignore and report.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

winegums posted:

Pissflaps is just annoying and can be dealt with by ignore

GC and Hak are literal genocide advocates and deserve nothing but scorn

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

How did someone support genocide? Like literally or what?

we should have pre-emptively mass nuked the soviet union after ww2. By killing hundreds of millions of people we could have saved hundreds of millions of people from the horrors of communism. This is literally hakimashou's opinion.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

JFairfax posted:

I would definitely have voted at 16 and I think it's a good idea

I went to a Labour youth meeting a few weeks ago and most of the members there weren't even old enough to vote, but they clearly knew what they were talking about and what they believed in. If I was 16 I'd probably be pretty insulted at a ~psychologist~ claiming that my babby brain was too stupid to vote. I mean we literally let people with mental disabilities vote

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

endlessmonotony posted:

life finds a way.
"We control their chromosomes. It’s really not that difficult. All vertebrate embryos are inherently female anyway, they just require an extra hormone given at the right developmental stage to make them male. We simply deny them that."
*Tim Farron runs breathlessly into the room.*

Regarde Aduck posted:

Of course, you're American so your genetically unable to feel empathy towards animals. It's always saddened me that America has this massive biodiversity and all you do is piss and moan about "pests" and think the most majestic an animal can look is when it's in a crumpled mess with bullet wounds. You don't deserve your wildlife or national parks.
Say what you will about them, at least the Americans don't build artificial dens to increase the bear population unsustainably so that they can kill them slowly with a t-shirt cannon adapted to fire cats or something, so they're still better than the British aristocracy.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Oberleutnant posted:

we should have pre-emptively mass nuked the soviet union after ww2. By killing hundreds of millions of people we could have saved hundreds of millions of people from the horrors of communism. This is literally hakimashou's opinion.

Hakimashou posted:

We could have exterminated them forever when we had the only nuclear arms.

And in hindsight we should have.

We could have spent a few years accumulating atomic bombs.

Hindsight is 20/20, but in hindsight it would have been unambiguously the right thing to do.

Hmmm, mmmm, yes, futhermore *farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt*

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Regarde Aduck posted:

I feel a lot of empathy toward animals but at the end of the day I'm not a vegetarian, and nature is red in tooth and claw.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Guavanaut posted:

The bit where they build artificial earths to encourage foxes to breed beyond a sustainable level, to the point where they start being a nuisance, send pissy threats to farmers who shoot the foxes that became a problem for small livestock, bring villages to a standstill while they parade around like twats, and gallop all over farm and field generally being a nuisance, all in aid of a method of hunting that is long obsolete and pointlessly bad. There's a reason they sometimes got met at the gates with shotguns.

At least with informal hare coursing (which I bet they don't bring back with fox hunting) you sometimes got something for the pot in exchange for your ridiculous dog and ponyrabbit show.

You want to hunt foxes that are causing problems? Get a suitable load (anything upwards of a .22 Hornet should do), a lamp, a noise suppressor, a thermos of strong tea, and do it at 4 in the morning like rabbit lampers. And don't purposefully breed them, because that's the dumbest poo poo.

Maybe ban the fox breeding then and go after people who threaten farmers?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

hakimashou posted:

I feel a lot of empathy toward animals but at the end of the day I'm not a vegetarian, and nature is red in tooth and claw.

gently caress off you horrible little poo poo.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Banning the consumption of meat would do a million or a billion times more to prevent animal suffering than banning fox hunting would.

It's one of the gems of traditional country britain, which is all britain really has left going for it.

It just seems like a way to be spiteful to 'the rich.'

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

hakimashou posted:

I feel a lot of empathy toward humans but at the end of the day I'm not a pacifist

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Christ alive this thread is just unreadable these days.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Mmmmm, it's definitely better when we engage with them.

(It's really not, & it was done when Pissflaps was still around. No tolerance for Nazis, racists, fascists, genocide apologists or slavery apologists is one of the things that make UKMT good)

Literally does nothing though. Just ignore their posts and don't talk to them. Clearly shaming these people out of posting here isn't working. Doesn't mean dick when the "no tolerance" policy amounts to just shitquoting them.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

winegums posted:

Literally does nothing though. Just ignore their posts and don't talk to them. Clearly shaming these people out of posting here isn't working. Doesn't mean dick when the "no tolerance" policy amounts to just shitquoting them.

I think you'll find if you'd gone to Debate School that the most vital part of any debate is fixating on and obsessively attacking the character of the person who you disagree with over and over and over.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

winegums posted:

These people pop up during election season when there's just enough incentive for them to stink the place up. Outside of that I like to think that we keep the UKMT a culturally inhospitable environment for fascists, Nazis, and people who think that slavery was an uplifiting experience for the slaves.

Don't like it? You know where the ignore button is.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

TomViolence posted:

Christ alive this thread is just unreadable these days.

I miss Pissflaps.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Kurtofan posted:

I miss Pissflaps.

Don't. That's where he gets his powers.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Kurtofan posted:

I miss Pissflaps.
The oval office will be back tomorrow.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Paperhouse posted:

I went to a Labour youth meeting a few weeks ago and most of the members there weren't even old enough to vote, but they clearly knew what they were talking about and what they believed in. If I was 16 I'd probably be pretty insulted at a ~psychologist~ claiming that my babby brain was too stupid to vote. I mean we literally let people with mental disabilities vote

YEah I mean pissflaps is allowed to vote after all

And yes I was what I would consider a well informed teenager and a lot of my friends were, at 16 I was studying politics for a-level and history as well.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I'm not sure I understand the argument for not taxing under 18s. I know that Americans are big on the "no taxation without representation" for historical reasons, but you don't pay taxes to be allowed to vote (I'm sure the Tories' would be keen on removing the franchise from the unemployed though). You pay taxes for the privilege of living in a society where sewage doesn't flow over the dead bodies lying on the mud track outside your collapsing hovel. In addition, it'd be absurd for a 16 year old child star to make millions in untaxed income, and it'd be likewise silly to allow rich parents to put assets in their children's name as a convenient tax loophole.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

big scary monsters posted:

You pay taxes for the privilege of living in a society where sewage doesn't flow over the dead bodies lying on the mud track outside your collapsing hovel.
Mate have you looked at the country lately....

PIGS BREXIT
Mar 29, 2017

big scary monsters posted:

You pay taxes for the privilege of living in a society where sewage doesn't flow over the dead bodies lying on the mud track outside your collapsing hovel.

Give it a couple of years my dude

edit: poo poo

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

PIGS BREXIT posted:

Give it a couple of years my dude

edit: poo poo

:owned:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think Justin Beiber should be a concern for the tax system.

Also who wants some wobbly corbyn bags?

https://donation.labour.org.uk/index.php/w/tote-bags

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Hello good thread. It's been a lovely couple days, are there any good news in the UK anymore or is everything bad?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Are there other agencies better poised to deal with him?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Pochoclo posted:

Hello good thread. It's been a lovely couple days, are there any good news in the UK anymore or is everything bad?

The leaked Labour manifesto is pretty good, for what its worth.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

OwlFancier posted:

It doesn't really make much difference, just an additional problem I thought of. I just don't see any reason, if children are making sufficient money, not to tax then.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pochoclo posted:

Zizek's new book is now on sale but I don't know if that's good or not. Labour released some policies by accident and they were pretty good. It was warm and sunny here.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I wonder what they'll change from the leaked doc when it comes out I think tomorrow or maybe start of next week?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pochoclo posted:

Labour want to do lots of good things.

On the other hand, Theresa May wants to bring back fox hunting and she's actually going to win the election so bad outweighs the good.

But back to the positive side, Agoraphobic Nosebleed have been announced for a one dayer in Leeds in November so that'll be a lot of fun. Assuming the country still exists in November.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Guavanaut posted:

Zizek's new book is now on sale but I don't know if that's good or not.

Since his last one was something along the lines of "why you don't need to feel guilty about letting refugees drown: they're savages anyway, west is best" I'd tend towards not good.

• Locked thread