Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I feel like those recharge times will be much better when you're not level 1 or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
You start at level 20.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tei posted:

People is going to try to find secrets everywhere.

This looks like a improved Destiny.

From the AoT reveal streams...look familiar?:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

I feel like those recharge times will be much better when you're not level 1 or whatever

Your armor perks are tied to armor, agility and recovery. There isn't any way to improve ability recharge times, at least that we know of so far. I hope they keep it that way.

edit: That's actually not completely true, there still are "grenade kills recharge grenade energy" type perks, but I believe that's it.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Waffle House posted:

From the AoT reveal streams...look familiar?:

Other people found it too:

https://twitter.com/ahmade_usa/status/887371468627116033

Theres also a interesting tree that looks like have a place on top where something may be hidden. And some plazas that look like "defend this are agains hordes". And many, many jump rings.

In other news. Theres so littel content in this beta, that if anyone can wait, should wait. theres literally 1 hour or less of gameplay in 13 GB download.

Tei fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 18, 2017

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.
I really hope they have a fuckload of weapon variety in the full release. It's awesome always getting something after every crucible match, but I've gone six matches in a row getting dupes.

I know they were changing the way the trees worked on gear and upgrades are supposedly going to be addon attachment type things, but it feels kinda garbage to see a new gun pop up on to find out that it's literally identical in every way to one of the ones you've started with.

And yeah, much less nade spam. I've died quite a few times mashing the grenade button wondering why I don't have one ready yet.

Half the fun of the D1 beta was roaming the Earth free roam map, hunting chests and trying to get fun guns. I feel like I'll be done with this one before the day is over.

I'm making it sound worse than it is though, everything feels great and I want more of it right goddamned now.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
poo poo on pvp casuals for 4 days.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Lol at fusion rifles competing for a slot with D1 special weapons and heavy weapons.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

the good fax machine posted:

Your armor perks are tied to armor, agility and recovery. There isn't any way to improve ability recharge times, at least that we know of so far. I hope they keep it that way.

edit: That's actually not completely true, there still are "grenade kills recharge grenade energy" type perks, but I believe that's it.

I'm.... 60% sure that we've seen armour that had perks that mimicked int/dis/str, but maybe I'm misremembering?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Countdown is basically glorified elimination. The respawn timers are way too long for the objective to mean anything. It should be 5 seconds, otherwise it's just point goes to the first team that doesn't wipe.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

the good fax machine posted:

Countdown is basically glorified elimination. The respawn timers are way too long for the objective to mean anything. It should be 5 seconds, otherwise it's just point goes to the first team that doesn't wipe.

the countdown on the charge is ridiculously long also. Way too long

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's counterstrike.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

same

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Tei fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 18, 2017

ObesePriest
Nov 4, 2008

Look at this casual squandering his super on three trash mobs

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
It's really good enough to save it on any other enemy. Might as well make some orbs for your other fire team members useful supers.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Old Swerdlow posted:

It's really good enough to save it on any other enemy. Might as well make some orbs for your other fire team members useful supers.

I hope in the final game supers are easier to get. Maybe theres gear or weapons with +super energy, and the game is balanced for these items.

It was weird to play pvp and only get 1 super on the whole game. Or the assault and get the super super-late.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

9.0 Mercy "Power Overwhelming" and "Undefeated" game of Control :cool:

Yeah, it's mostly bads rn and it is fabulous.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Maker Of Shoes posted:

as someone who barely touched pvp in D1....ayup, sucks to be us

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

I hope in the final game supers are easier to get. Maybe theres gear or weapons with +super energy, and the game is balanced for these items.

It was weird to play pvp and only get 1 super on the whole game. Or the assault and get the super super-late.

I've run the strike a few times and am getting 3 Supers. Sitting on them a lil too but not enough for a 4th. I think once we play through the primary campaign, speeds may be different.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Shoulder charge is weanie poo poo now :(

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

FishBulb posted:

Shoulder charge is weanie poo poo now :(

gently caress yeah it is, some dude tried it on me and I punched his bitch rear end to death for it.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Some thoughts after like 4 hours of PvP:

- The new 3rd ability is by far the most useful now. Not only are they all pretty good, but they recharge like twice as fast as grenade/melee
- Melee has been nerfed way too much. I don't think it can even kill someone who has their whole shield broken. Really hoping they buff it somewhat, considering they already increased the cooldown time
- Shotguns are relatively good in D2. The new power ammo mechanic adds some interesting strategy
- Shoulder charge is terrible now
- New HUD changes are great. Love knowing who's still alive on the enemy team, whether or not they have super, and whether they can revive.
- Revive token mechanic is great.
- Getting rid of neutralizing in control is great.
- New strike boss is great. Felt like a raid boss almost with all the phases.
- Being able to shade every individual piece of gear is gonna lead to the ugliest guardians we've ever seen. Can't wait.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

"Hmm why are Fusion Rifles a Power Weapon, seems lame."
*one arc shot from a non-exotic fusion chains to 3 enemies*
"Oh."

So fusions are awesome now. Also Striker is my fave subclass so far.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah this game is fun and feels like Destiny but better I'm glad it's good so my overly expensive pre-order for that PS4 Pro bundle wasn't a waste!!!

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Will D2 benefit from a PS4 Pro?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Will D2 benefit from a PS4 Pro?

yeah, you can lord over 5 other people about it during raid time(tm)

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.
Finally got harassing messages in this game for winning my first round of Destiny2: Counterstrike. The Destiny 1 beta was better as you could level up your skills at least.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

the friend roster being in the director instead of the character menu is... off-putting

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
How are SMGs?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Lots of frame drops especially in some 3 player parts, the base consoles definitely can't hack it anymore. My mate with a PS4 pro said he didn't see any frame drops but my OG PS4 can't keep up. It's like the WOTM siege engine boss but on some of the busier fights basically (the assault wave on the campaign mission, drills section on the strike mission).

Asides from technical performance it's an improvement in every single way. The new weapon system makes sense, the new abilities and existing designs are cool(er) as gently caress. I was shocked to actually see other players in the campaign mission. That's a first for Destiny. The crucible 4v4 makes so much sense once you actually play it, and the new UI helps the flow massively and makes it feel slower paced and thoughtful even in pugs. That goon who described it as Counterstrike nailed it imo, it's pretty much Space Counterstrike, and crucible in D2 has a real identity and 'feel' of its own if that makes sense?

It's another dead gay game, be prepared to put another 10,000 hours into it

sunday at work posted:

How are SMGs?

I only tried the Omolon one, it's hilariously inaccurate and kicks like a mule but it's really fun to use! It clears out rooms in close quarters, which is the purpose of SMGs :)

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 18, 2017

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

sunday at work posted:

How are SMGs?

pretty fun

the arc exotic one the warlocks get is cool- does more damage as you take arc damage while reducing that arc damage, then can chain lightning and return ammo like zhalo while in that state

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Striker titans are kinda insane now. You get the initial slam and THEN you get a few seconds of mega shoulder charges. Also the rally barricade is amazing with the reload and cover mechanics.

I did notice the cover mechanic does work with other similar height things as well, like the shelves in the plaza during the story mission.

Edit: Oh! And shoulder charge does not time out. You can keep running until you do they charge. No more stop and go to get it prepped.

Retro42 fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 18, 2017

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Retro42 posted:

Striker titans are kinda insane now. You get the initial slam and THEN you get a few seconds of mega shoulder charges. Also the rally barricade is amazing with the reload and cover mechanics.

I did notice the cover mechanic does work with other similar height things as well, like the shelves in the plaza during the story mission.

Edit: Oh! And shoulder charge does time out. You can keep running until you do they charge. No more stop and go to get it prepped.

the cover mechanic was in D1

... the game has already loaded me into a pvp match as a team of one

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
:allears:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mazerunner posted:

the cover mechanic was in D1

... the game has already loaded me into a pvp match as a team of one

Become Legend

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

gently caress all of you getting to play. Stuck at work for another 7 hours and 17 minutes.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlindSite posted:

gently caress all of you getting to play. Stuck at work for another 7 hours and 17 minutes.

Perks of being a house husband :snoop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

It's pretty limited compared to the Destiny 1 beta, isn't it? Just the one story mission, the strike and the one crucible map?