Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

MRC48B posted:

Please tell me more about Grand Theft Mining Drone.

If you get very far away from your drones (250km?), they disconnect just as if you'd warped off. Then the drones can be picked up out of space by anyone. So if a highsec miner is totally afk you can steal the drones by bumping for 5 minutes.

(People also did this in nullsec, but to rorquals with their super-drones that cost a bil each. And they did it with the command destroyer boosh module instead of bumps.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Couldn't you theoretically hyperbump them out of range and hope they're not paying attention?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

coelomate posted:

This is now the hisec mining thread!

Today I solo'd a Guristas Forward Operating Base in a loving Gila, because I failed to trick the local population into killing it. Gave it a few days, but was tired of jumping gates with my orcas every morning like some kind of peasant.

It took... way too many hours, especially of planning and testing, would not recommend.

i was catching up with a friend of mine whose corp live in a couple pochven systems and apparently when they're running sites in a group they all have alts orca mining rakovene and poo poo and they're clearing 120m/hr just afk mining. but they have to fit a good tank or the orcas get torched when the normal npc fleets warp to the ore anoms.

the entire conversation underscored how much ive never seen mining as a worthwhile activity :(

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

coelomate posted:

This is now the hisec mining thread!

Today I solo'd a Guristas Forward Operating Base in a loving Gila, because I failed to trick the local population into killing it. Gave it a few days, but was tired of jumping gates with my orcas every morning like some kind of peasant.

It took... way too many hours, especially of planning and testing, would not recommend.

where's videogames to resurrect the highsec mining crew

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I know I'm in deep when y'all are talking about orcas, as in, multiple afk miner dudes, and I'm sitting here with my one guy like "maybe instead of a couple barge alts to go with the orca, I should just train another two orca pilots"

orange juche posted:

RIP Rock Venture Chill Mining Friends corp

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

orange juche posted:

Jazzzzz posted:

I know I'm in deep when y'all are talking about orcas, as in, multiple afk miner dudes, and I'm sitting here with my one guy like "maybe instead of a couple barge alts to go with the orca, I should just train another two orca pilots"

Y'all can join Karmafleet University and come munch crok in Serren.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

funniest thing i've ever heard, some goon's heavily accented wife yelling about eve https://www.mixcloud.com/Parrth/mittens-is-confirmed-to-be-a-pair-of-gloves-goons-first-episode-of-the-dd-show/

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I ain't got no wife.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Jazzzzz posted:

Or, instead of subbing and skulking up mining alts, just buy plex with the money you would have spent subbing and training up alts and sell them for isk.

Unless, of course, you are a dumbo like me and find it relaxing to suck crock.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Jazzzzz posted:

Do it, it loving rules. The 4 Orca alts I fired up in November are one of the best Eve decisions I've ever made. Isk/hour sucks, Isk/month and Isk/unit-of-attention is A++++.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

apparently trainspotting was a documentary

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So they were drinking and she was pissed he wouldn’t take the dog out to the loo? Did she know he was live and on the air?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Jazzzzz posted:

I've still got my alt in there and I suck many rock

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

That wife rules and seriously where’s the link to more of that?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
my wife is now laughing online

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Baculus posted:

that guy being super polite in local is a vily alt. his ore will build missiles hurled at fellow goons at supersonic velocity.

feel better?

wouldn't any movement be faster than the speed sound travels through the vacuum of space

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

They need to get her on to trash talk Villy

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Can this lady please go on the meta show

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

So I succumbed and re-regd. How long is an appropriate time to wait for getting re-authed? I'm at 24 ish hours now but understand that auth is probably busy doing anything else in the world.

Also, I appear to have a few skins from way back when that I activated but could claim again today? Golem Kaalakiota, Kronos Federali, Paladin Blood Raiders, and Vargur Thukker. What gives?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Spiteski posted:

So I succumbed and re-regd. How long is an appropriate time to wait for getting re-authed? I'm at 24 ish hours now but understand that auth is probably busy doing anything else in the world.

Also, I appear to have a few skins from way back when that I activated but could claim again today? Golem Kaalakiota, Kronos Federali, Paladin Blood Raiders, and Vargur Thukker. What gives?

If they’re in your item hangar and you’re in Jita congrats on the free money

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

MRC48B posted:

Please tell me more about Grand Theft Mining Drone.

yeah so as some posters have said, once you get bumped far enough away from your drones, you disconnect from them and they can be scooped. So I use a cheetah to get me a warpin and bump the orca with the omen. if he's not paying any attention, great - get the drones at your leisure. If they ARE paying attention but dont scoop the drones as soon as they see you on grid, you simply follow the drones in your cheetah. you can bump the orca faster than the drones can move, so the only recourse is for them to try and warp, and as soon as they warp the drones are abandoned and you can get them with the cheetah that is following the drones.

Searious
Dec 24, 2020

Funny as hell even though I need a transcript for most of her rants.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

If they’re in your item hangar and you’re in Jita congrats on the free money

Yea I claimed em and they're there. Holy poo poo that's like 4 bill

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Can she be a diplomat please.

This fills me with pride for my home country.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

What in gods name was she asking him to do? Get his boots on and quit playing around with the Goof Troop, which is, admittedly a pretty good Corp name.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Torpor posted:

What in gods name was she asking him to do? Get his boots on and quit playing around with the Goof Troop, which is, admittedly a pretty good Corp name.

she wanted him to walk the dog

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

All because of (allegedly!) stolen star wars socks.
That fleet was hilarious.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
holy poo poo trapis are starting to copycat bjers but they suck big stinky balls at it rn

can ccp nerf hyperjamming already so i can finally live my life instead of running 40 fleets a month? tia

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art
goons watch out!! run a slosh op and hand out free retris for everyone and welp? well fc "this kind of behavior should not be tolerated from an fc" --- an excerpt of what I saw yesterday. I really hope slosh ops are not "punishable" or....

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Mike Cartwright posted:

goons watch out!! run a slosh op and hand out free retris for everyone and welp? well fc "this kind of behavior should not be tolerated from an fc" --- an excerpt of what I saw yesterday. I really hope slosh ops are not "punishable" or....

Fwiw I told the guy to just not go on those fleets if he thinks that and told foehammer to keep on party rocking (I will always ping a foehammer fleet)

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Have you tried not using retards as punctuation on comms?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Solus posted:

Fwiw I told the guy to just not go on those fleets if he thinks that and told foehammer to keep on party rocking (I will always ping a foehammer fleet)

absolutely based and redpilled

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art

Solus posted:

well done. that's great

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Imagine getting a free ship then complaining about the fc that welped you lmao

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

MaxPowers posted:

Imagine getting a free ship then complaining about the fc that welped you lmao

Pubbies

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

karmafleet?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I dunno they weren't a native English speaker I'm not sure I fully understood them.and it's possible they thought it was some Alliance sponsored thing

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
IIRC there was no indication of it being a "drunk foehammer op" in the ping, and the comms were pretty lovely.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
you can tell immediately if you are about to be lead by someone who is blackout drunk and should know what that means if you care about your internet spaceship exploding or doing dumb things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Xarn posted:

IIRC there was no indication of it being a "drunk foehammer op" in the ping, and the comms were pretty lovely.

In my defence I wasn't on comms (I'm back in hospital and coording very awkwardly because of it). But when I get back on comms I'll do my best to pick up on this stuff.

I'll take the ping feedback on board and make it a bit clearer in the future (I didn't make the initial foehammer ping but I love foehammer and israd)

Solus fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jan 21, 2021