Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

If it annoys you, you can just add forums.somethingawful.com/css/gaschamber.css to your block list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

It's been 6 months since the first chapter SQ42 was 2 weeks away. With action such as following the sanitation guy, it could've taken over an hour to do a full play through. Sadly, after most of the 300 employees were working on it last year and some went 8 weeks without sleep, they figured out every animation needed to be retargeted because the AI and animation teams were working against each other and the fundamentals of just walking around an Idris were still "borked".

They appear to still be working on getting the cast of 70 characters to eat lunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRsF6_lwLas
This video is still very funny

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds

http://promotions.newegg.com/nepro/17-2173/index.html

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm requesting we keep it this way.

Careful now, FYAD might get even more jealous of this place...

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I give them 90 days.

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?
Well so much for all those fancy keyboards and crap from madcatz: http://shoryuken.com/2017/03/31/mad-catz-files-for-bankruptcy/

Edit: Funny that Thrustmaster released an Elite themed HOTAS....

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
I started to upvote pro-sc opinions on reddit. Those poor people dont have much upvotes nowadays

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I just read on rps that quality virginity talisman manufacturer madkatz has filed for bankruptcy. What does this mean for the horrible star citizen joystick toy couldn't even sell to citizens?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

I give them 90 days.

That's one hundred too few

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk0vA4p915k

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Berious posted:

I just read on rps that quality virginity talisman manufacturer madkatz has filed for bankruptcy. What does this mean for the horrible star citizen joystick toy couldn't even sell to citizens?

It changes exactly nothing

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Let's all go ahead and fuel the 2.7 hype!!!

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

Well so much for all those fancy keyboards and crap from madcatz: http://shoryuken.com/2017/03/31/mad-catz-files-for-bankruptcy/

Edit: Funny that Thrustmaster released an Elite themed HOTAS....

Thrustmaster just don't have the right tech to make selling 2,000 high fidelity controllers to impulsive SC addicts worth the trouble.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

lol

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Let's all go ahead and fuel the 2.7 hype!!!

According to the slidehow at Citcon, Stanton shouldn't be done until at least 4.0

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Berious posted:

It is as likely to be made now as it was six months ago.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

"Um, ah Make that forum thread green, not blue, err, um"

Chris Roberts.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Maybe a nice tickling stick, or Crobblers head or one of Ben's arms would make a fun new cursor for the thread

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
April Fools Day--I'm guessing CIG put up the 3.0 timeline? Or maybe a 2017 announcement for SQ42?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

HycoCam posted:

April Fools Day--I'm guessing CIG put up the 3.0 timeline? Or maybe a 2017 announcement for SQ42?

As someone else said somewhere, the jokes have to be somewhat believable

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Berious posted:

Now CIG can just blame Mad Katz for going bust and therefore unable to deliver the tism stick they were definitely going to manufacture.

Hit me with your tism stick. Hit me. Hit me.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

everything is green

im glad of it

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Just keep thumpin' until we're ripe )

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

thatguy posted:

It's so weird to me that the streamers can pull like 100+ viewers and there are 4 times less people actually playing the game.

I was talking to some developer of viewbots for Twitch. He reckons basically any small channel is going to be running a few hundred bots just to get a foot in the door. They are cheap and there are many of them. Twitch does not do much to prevent them in these small cases.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

everything is green

Goes to show how off the pace we are, St Patrick's day was weeks ago but It would not surprise me if us Goons in this thread are still only at St Patrick's day from a few years ago ..... Star Citizen, CIG and Chris Roberts have left us in the past.

Or you are just raging so hard that when you close you eyes, you are still seeing though your green eyelids - makes a change from all the red rage you see.

You are so angry :argh:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Polish Avenger posted:

Are those gills on the top of its head? That's neat.

It is a suction cup. They attach themselves to big fish, such as sharks, to eat things on their surfaces or things they drop when feeding.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So were MoMA's hyper-secret sources right and 2.6.2 released last month? Where is the pgabz video of such a monumental patch, which includes all sort of background improvements and a new ship?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

trucutru posted:

So were MoMA's hyper-secret sources right and 2.6.2 released last month?

It was released at 10:40pm UTC on 31st March, so yes it just about made it. For international Citizens further east of the UK, it was released on 1st April: e.g. 0:40am in Berlin, Germany, and 8:40am in Sydney, Australia.

2.6.2 was pushed to live 3hr after a new PTU update was released. Rushed to meet 31st March deadline? Possibly... 140+ bugs have already been posted to the Issue Council including quite a few server connection errors and crashes.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha?sort=newest&pagesize=25&page=6

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
2.6.2 is broke as gently caress lol

but congrats on beating the timer I guess

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Quavers posted:

It was released at 10:40pm UTC on 31st March, so yes it just about made it. For international Citizens further east of the UK, it was released on 1st April: e.g. 0:40am in Berlin, Germany, and 8:40am in Sydney, Australia.

2.6.2 was pushed to live 3hr after a new PTU update was released. Rushed to meet 31st March deadline? Possibly... 140+ bugs have already been posted to the Issue Council including quite a few server connection errors and crashes.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha?sort=newest&pagesize=25&page=6

Make you wonder if they had some 'publisher' like deal where to continue some form of funding, they had agreed to (or had to) have this patch out before the end of first (chandler year) quarter.

Edit: Detective Catte will be on to this after his nap (and pats, plus food and maybe another nap and a hunt, then a sleep and some stalking of the humans in his house den).

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 2, 2017

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kosumo posted:

Make you wonder if they had some 'publisher' like deal where to continue some form of funding, they had agreed to (or had to) have this patch out before the end of first (chandler year) quarter.

Edit: Detective Catte will be on to this after his nap (and pats, plus food and maybe another nap and a hunt, then a sleep and some stalking of the humans in his house den).

How do you expect him to charge if he's not plugged in?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Wise Learned Man posted:

How do you expect him to charge if he's not plugged in?

Wireless charging is the future.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Kosumo posted:

Goes to show how off the pace we are, St Patrick's day was weeks ago but It would not surprise me if us Goons in this thread are still only at St Patrick's day from a few years ago ..... Star Citizen, CIG and Chris Roberts have left us in the past.

Or you are just raging so hard that when you close you eyes, you are still seeing though your green eyelids - makes a change from all the red rage you see.

You are so angry :argh:

Today is the 39th St Stupid's Day :toot: http://www.saintstupid.com/event.html

2016 parade/sock exchange ritual
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddVQDVjumDk

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Gas Chamber theme best theme. Also I'm posting this from my office at the new Beethaus, yay!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

these are all missing the point - the agent was wrong therefore star citizen is good, regardless of what the actual game experience is currently!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Quavers posted:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Sillybones posted:

It is a suction cup. They attach themselves to big fish, such as sharks, to eat things on their surfaces or things they drop when feeding.

So....it's a CRobertsFish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
I feel Jell-O, like death