Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
haha iwas just afk'ing 2000km away and someone from karmafleet came and blapped me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Which one? :v:

Edit: Oh, it's that Xia dude. Somebody linked me a post of his about how "goon identity" had moved beyond somethingawful and belonged to eve and lol.

pretty sure that isn't true. I was mining with the BORAL guys in MO- (nice guys!) and they were impressed that I was in Goonwaffe, so like we are still the special cool club

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

It does, I mean it wasn't that bad and can run all other MMOs or recent-ish games (on low settings that is). I suspect Windows 8 or graphics drivers but couldn't found a way out yet. I juct click the launcher shortcut, it seems like losing out for a second then nothing happens. I can't even install the game, the Eve Launcher.exe is not working my my case let alone the game itself.

edit: Found a full install game file download so gonna try that.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Stereotype posted:

pretty sure that isn't true. I was mining with the BORAL guys in MO- (nice guys!) and they were impressed that I was in Goonwaffe, so like we are still the special cool club

I didn't read a ping correctly and joined an ascee cerb fleet that ended up loving off down to 0SHT - Dave seemed mildly annoyed that hostile intel kept reporting "some random 'waffe guy" instead of him as the FC

So apparently the bads think 'waffe is the cool kids club too :iiam:

PS don't join ascee fleets w/o asking where they're going, it took two weeks for my cerb to sell off contracts after it was marooned

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
if you join friends of ascee they'll have move ops for deployments like that

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Dirk Pitt posted:

Globby, you're so popular I saw some person nazi tonight with the name "Rare Pepe Collector 001 - 004" in an IHUB system attempting your burst jam strategy. If anyone ever doubts we're the good guys, at least we don't harbor literal nazis.

imagine still thinking in tyool 2021 that pepe is a hate symbol

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Jazzzzz posted:

I didn't read a ping correctly and joined an ascee cerb fleet that ended up loving off down to 0SHT - Dave seemed mildly annoyed that hostile intel kept reporting "some random 'waffe guy" instead of him as the FC

So apparently the bads think 'waffe is the cool kids club too :iiam:

PS don't join ascee fleets w/o asking where they're going, it took two weeks for my cerb to sell off contracts after it was marooned

waffe is objectively cooler with objectively better posts (better =/= good). my choice to retvet into waffe was 100% because of the posting quality and i made the right choice. plus if you want to bitch out my ceo for some dumb poo poo im doing in local good loving luck.

the most bizarre, cringey thing about karmafleet was and remains their deadly serious compulsion to call ASCEE and Am0k. and now loving ISRAD pubbies (lol). tho it's funny watching a handful of them sperg the gently caress out every time dadtear points out they're the shittiest posting crybaby in the alliance.

go figure reddit corporations would be the worst loving posters/pilots/etc. in the game on both sides.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
yeah reddit sucks join a real internet shitposting community nerds

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

im only here because there's no weird twitter hipster podcaster alliance

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

There's few things more beautiful than spending two hours fighting on the edge of Tremor, then Vee announcing "why not, let's go, load EMP"

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

imagine still thinking in tyool 2021 that pepe is a hate symbol

I associate Pepe, kek, to both twitch and 4chan interchangeably. I think saying someone posting either is a racist is a bit of a stretch, but the potential is definitely there.

With that said, if someone says toxic masculinity in front of me I laugh and tell them to stop drinking the loving kool-aide. It’s ok to be a bro-ey football dude, my-dude.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

ullerrm posted:

There's few things more beautiful than spending two hours fighting on the edge of Tremor, then Vee announcing "why not, let's go, load EMP"

That fight in FM- was an absolute brawl. We were losing 3:1 at the start. I joined the Eagle fleet with John as FC (who sounded very much like he didnt wan't to be there) we finally jump in, and are only able to kill tackle after being on grid for 15minutes. Eventually after a warp in some friendly sabre bubbles our fleet and we immediately get bombed to poo poo. Don't think the bubbled changed much but our FC freaked out, warped us to the keepstar where fc told us to dock/tether despite our aggro timer and we got bombed again. FC then bridges himself home and rage quits the fleet while we have 2 other fleets engaged in a fight. Apple Pear then takes over the FC and we continuously reship and brawl til we come out on top. I think a hostile Titan accidentally warped in too at some point.

Op success. https://zkillboard.com/related/30004732/202101212200/

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

That fight in FM- was an absolute brawl. We were losing 3:1 at the start. I joined the Eagle fleet with John as FC (who sounded very much like he didnt wan't to be there) we finally jump in, and are only able to kill tackle after being on grid for 15minutes. Eventually after a warp in some friendly sabre bubbles our fleet and we immediately get bombed to poo poo. Don't think the bubbled changed much but our FC freaked out, warped us to the keepstar where fc told us to dock/tether despite our aggro timer and we got bombed again. FC then bridges himself home and rage quits the fleet while we have 2 other fleets engaged in a fight. Apple Pear then takes over the FC and we continuously reship and brawl til we come out on top. I think a hostile Titan accidentally warped in too at some point.

John rage quit a fleet? Say it ain't so.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

It was glorious -- and it also got very weird after the Minokawa died. Tidi wasn't bad (held around 25% most of the fight), but it seemed like the papi FCs were having issues with who to anchor on -- they all had some massive comet tails, constantly changing between the Eagle and Cerb fleets, while Vee's skating the Muninns at 120 below both of those and picking people off.

e:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Holy poo poo when I last had looked it was 23b goons to 9b papi

I take it we ditched eagles and went Muninns?

Nah, we had all three fleets on field at the time -- Harpies, Eagles, and Muninns, plus an INIT Cerb fleet. I think we just reshipped more efficiently and the tides turned once the HAW dreads evacced.

e2: It looks like we did better on logi kills too.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 22, 2021

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Holy poo poo when I last had looked it was 23b goons to 9b papi

I take it we ditched eagles and went Muninns?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Never join a John Hartley fleet when there's better FC's like Vee around <3

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Baculus posted:

im only here because there's no weird twitter hipster podcaster alliance

its called delta sqad

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Nice! good guys win :toot:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Dalmuti posted:

its called delta sqad

i have tried to make the holy pilgrimage three times and failed. this bus will arrive with a killmark or it wont arrive at all.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Stereotype posted:

Nice! good guys win :toot:

Add another 3b for the good guys after some BRAVE guy rode his Cerberus into Valhalla while in his ratting clone :D

Orlando Furioso
Nov 7, 2012
It was a very good fight with some weird moments, I think the papi anchoring problem wasn't helped by Kun'mi working some booshing magic

Vee has the patience of a saint because holy poo poo some people can't stay on anchor

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Sickening posted:

John rage quit a fleet? Say it ain't so.

I was chilling in my super in 1DQ just in case trapi (no caps) tried something hilarious whilst everyone was otherwise engaged, and hearing John melt down in no chatter like a little bitch was hilarious. The phrase "threw his toys out of the pram" came to mind almost instantly

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
Yeah John ragequit but if he didn't papi might have bailed sooner so it all works in the end

To be fair I was also extremely confused when a purple sabre lands, burns 3km away from the anchor and drops a bubble on us. Nearest hostile was 160km away.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
It seems to be a recurring issue on John fleets that they keep bubbling themselves

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

OMFG FURRY posted:

if you join friends of ascee they'll have move ops for deployments like that

I'm in friends of ascee, that's how I got the ping that I misread. I thought it was a regular cerb fleet, but it was them moving cerbs from 1dq down to 0SHT and trying to get gudfites along the way (we killed a badger and a BRAVE ansiblex, so exciting)

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

It seems to be a recurring issue on John fleets that they keep bubbling themselves

we reaaally need to run some dictor classes

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 22, 2021

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

With that said, if someone says toxic masculinity in front of me I laugh and tell them to stop drinking the loving kool-aide. It’s ok to be a bro-ey football dude, my-dude.

one time i was riding the subway and i sat behind these two older girls. one of them said she couldnt eat bread because of her glue in allergy, so i tap her on the shoulder and then i laugh and i tell her to stop drinking the kool aid. glue is just fine unless she has a HORSE allergy. they were both really nice to me tho and the one girl helped pin my mittens to my jacket and fixed my nametag while her friend gave me a bite of a blue razzberry airheads which was awesome.

anyway then i went home and played battletoads

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Jazzzzz posted:

we reaaally need to run some dictor classes

i got a lot of attaboys from our FCs for my mad bubbling skills, and then i immediately stopped flying dictors once another friendly dictor wubbled* me twice in one fleet which cost me a flycatcher and a speed demon eris.

this idiot would go on to get yelled at by mike flood for bubbling our fleet several more times after i had reshipped to a cerb.

edit: it said bubbled the first time but no my dude was using wubbles.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Baculus posted:

i have tried to make the holy pilgrimage three times and failed. this bus will arrive with a killmark or it wont arrive at all.

read the instructions. make the good helldump post. apply to the sig. join the discord

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Maybe my experience is just bad, but my last two mainfleets were a cerb fleet and muninn fleet, both of which started with an ammo swap immediately after we landed on the enemy, and continued swapping ammos about every 5 minutes in 95% tidi. The muninn fleet started by loading tremor after we warned within 20 of enemy Muninns, then swapped to EMP after a minute or two. In both fleets we unsurprisingly did virtually nothing for the first ten minutes beyond lose ships. I get that some ammos work better, but you’re losing a ton of damage swapping ammo in tidi, particularly trying for swapping between Cerberus and Muninn not-resistance-holes. I’ve whines about this on discord but in both cases we got our asses kicked and this seems like a reason why. The cerb fleet fc got really defensive about it too “we only changed ammo a couple times”. This doesn’t seem controversial that people should avoid swapping ammo in tidi.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
elite pvp mining

https://fleetcom.space/battlereport/JBYau4ZoQFME4mytC

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Collateral Damage posted:

Now that you mention it a keepstar kind of looks like a throne.

my boss is a bubble and mitten enthusiast

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Velius posted:

Maybe my experience is just bad, but my last two mainfleets were a cerb fleet and muninn fleet, both of which started with an ammo swap immediately after we landed on the enemy, and continued swapping ammos about every 5 minutes in 95% tidi. The muninn fleet started by loading tremor after we warned within 20 of enemy Muninns, then swapped to EMP after a minute or two. In both fleets we unsurprisingly did virtually nothing for the first ten minutes beyond lose ships. I get that some ammos work better, but you’re losing a ton of damage swapping ammo in tidi, particularly trying for swapping between Cerberus and Muninn not-resistance-holes. I’ve whines about this on discord but in both cases we got our asses kicked and this seems like a reason why. The cerb fleet fc got really defensive about it too “we only changed ammo a couple times”. This doesn’t seem controversial that people should avoid swapping ammo in tidi.

ammo changes are natural when you change either the engagement range or what you're shooting at. i cannot imagine a fight where i had to change ammo every 5 minutes, unless you have no idea which enemy fleet you're engaging with.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Baculus posted:

ammo changes are natural when you change either the engagement range or what you're shooting at. i cannot imagine a fight where i had to change ammo every 5 minutes, unless you have no idea which enemy fleet you're engaging with.

I mean, that's what I'm saying. The FC was swapping between trying to shoot Cerbs, then Muninns, then logistics I guess, and back and forth, and swapping ammo repeatedly to target holes, apparently without caring that it was causing huge tidi delays.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Velius posted:

I mean, that's what I'm saying. The FC was swapping between trying to shoot Cerbs, then Muninns, then logistics I guess, and back and forth, and swapping ammo repeatedly to target holes, apparently without caring that it was causing huge tidi delays.

Yes, you know better than an FC who, presumably has enough experience to take out a hac fleet on how to command & operate said hac fleet.

Well, you you what to do don't you? Put your money where your mouth is.

Edit: ugh, I was wrong to post this, I've seen the direct replies and their right. Apologies.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 22, 2021

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

One of the issues that papi was having during the FM- ihub brawl: while we were all waiting for the ihub hack to count down to 5 minutes, papi balled themselves into orbits around the ihub. Our three fleets basically danced around them, dictating range, making it challenging for the enemy to get good transversal against all three.

they basically chose to sit in the middle of a washing machine, getting pummeled from all sides, with six different big-ego FCs from their bloated coalition apparently unable to coordinate effectively

I still can't loving believe that we won even when 12 enemy HAW Revelations jumped onto the iHub. Unreal. You guys became loving amazing at this game.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Well actually I think it was my insanely fun and sexy solo burst jamming runs that won us the day. :colbert:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

pubbiest profile contestant #3 - was in a bomber fleet with this dude tonight, he kept using chat emotes :smithicide:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 27, 2021

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jazzzzz posted:

pubbiest profile contestant #3 - was in a bomber fleet with this dude tonight, he kept using chat emotes :smithicide:

sounds like a personal issue...

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 27, 2021

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

rocket_Magnet posted:

Yes, you know better than an FC who, presumably has enough experience to take out a hac fleet on how to command & operate said hac fleet.

What in tarnation is this post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

rocket_Magnet posted:

Is this John