Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Pre-orderin' too many records:

Lizzo - Special (7/15)
Julian Casablancas - Phrazes for the Young repress (7/23)
The Mountain Goats - Bleed Out (clear with red splatter, 8/19)
Rocky Votolato - Wild Roots (blue/white swirl, 9/9)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Cool it Down (twister, 9/30)
Chillhop - Summer Essentials 2022 (purple marble, 9/?)

Getting my TV mounted tomorrow so I can finally finish my vinyl set up. Aw yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

BigFactory posted:

How much is emerald worth? I have one of those

$120 cart only and $450 complete in box. The Video Game Price Charts website may not be the best source but it works to pull up the info quickly. All it does is blindly aggregate sale from Ebay and a couple of other sources, so I'd recommend the ol' looking through ebay sold listings for the most accurate pricing.

You might also want to get a cheap tri wing screw driver to open your cart for board pics and familiarize yourself with an authentic vs fake cart so you can point it out in the listing. Pokemon games, especially Gameboy and DS are really commonly faked and you don't need some jackass wanting a refund claiming you sold him a fake cart.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

I'm hanging on to my all-black Sports® edition Sega Dreamcast until it's worth 5 figures. It's definitely going to happen, shut up.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

BigFactory posted:

Ween shows are fun. Their east coast schedule is weird as hell though. I hope they add dates

I saw Ween years ago, I think they were touring La Cucaracha so probably 2008? I only knew the big songs at that time so didn’t know what to expect, but I absolutely loved it. The XL drum solo so that the rest of the band could grab dinner at the bar was a bit excessive, otherwise it was fantastic.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Turbinosamente posted:

$120 cart only and $450 complete in box. The Video Game Price Charts website may not be the best source but it works to pull up the info quickly. All it does is blindly aggregate sale from Ebay and a couple of other sources, so I'd recommend the ol' looking through ebay sold listings for the most accurate pricing.

You might also want to get a cheap tri wing screw driver to open your cart for board pics and familiarize yourself with an authentic vs fake cart so you can point it out in the listing. Pokemon games, especially Gameboy and DS are really commonly faked and you don't need some jackass wanting a refund claiming you sold him a fake cart.

I can’t find the box but I have the manual and poster. Might have to rummage more and try to find the box. Someone’s gonna get a pretty beefy mudkip.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

marjorie posted:

I'm hanging on to my all-black Sports® edition Sega Dreamcast until it's worth 5 figures. It's definitely going to happen, shut up.

It can only go up, invest now, buy buy buy! It CaN OnLy Go Up!

BigFactory posted:

I can’t find the box but I have the manual and poster. Might have to rummage more and try to find the box. Someone’s gonna get a pretty beefy mudkip.

Real talk, now is a good time to sell old games if you got something that's in demand. Even the video game companies realized this: it's why you're seeing a ton of rereleases and remasters of unusual old games on modern consoles and PC. Good luck on finding the box! Lotta kids tossed them, especially on gameboy as it turns out.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Turbinosamente posted:

Real talk, now is a good time to sell old games if you got something that's in demand. Even the video game companies realized this: it's why you're seeing a ton of rereleases and remasters of unusual old games on modern consoles and PC. Good luck on finding the box! Lotta kids tossed them, especially on gameboy as it turns out.

Yeah I sold a bunch of DS games last year and they went for what I thought were high prices. I didn’t think Pokémon games were worth anything because they were so common. I’ve been sitting on all the silent hill games. Maybe need to see if they’re worth more now.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Paying $20 for a 3 minute 7" single definitely makes me part of the problem, but dammit this track loving rules. At least all the proceeds are going to a good cause. https://kf-merch.com/collections/tenaciousd/products/the-who-medley-vinyl-7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4wlLFM0Ps8

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Got my tracking number for the Sleep vault set finally. Label was created on May 17th. Good job guys!

They're shipping alphabetical A-Z by first name this time, if anyone is curious.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Heck yeah me too. Gonna get high as giraffe balls and listen to Dopesmoker for the billionth time

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

drat you, Aaron and Abner! :argh:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Guess I'll just listen to my other two copies of Dopesmoker while I wait for the shipping to hit the Rs

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
If anyone wants that Sleep Live at Third Man Records thing from a few years ago I'll sell it to you at the original price plus shipping. Okay thanks.

It's 4 LPs, that's like half of a whole one of their songs!

Turbinosamente posted:

It can only go up, invest now, buy buy buy! It CaN OnLy Go Up!

About a year ago my brother's friend had about 300,000 dollars worth of Bitcoin and he was like "I'm not cashing that out it's just going to keep going up.".

lol

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 29, 2022

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Awww yeah, the Residents' RSD trilogy of disowned material is now complete. :allears:

CPL593H posted:

If anyone wants that Sleep Live at Third Man Records thing from a few years ago I'll sell it to you at the original price plus shipping. Okay thanks.
Nah, you should do a bunch of :catdrugs: and listen to it until it makes sense to you.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Heads up, HEALTH are looking to reprint their self titled album, Get Colour AND (most importantly, I feel) finally release the Max Payne 3 Soundtrack on vinyl. I regard the latter as one of the greatest ever VG soundtracks.

If you don't know the band, here's their bandcamp and they are touring North America later this year. They are one of my favourite bands over the last decade, and they just keep improving.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Found an Ion USB turntable for $15 today at the thrift store. Is that a good one? I bet that USB soundcard in it is only 16 bit.

ED

And some of my swag from today:

petit choux fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 30, 2022

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

CPL593H posted:

It's 4 LPs, that's like half of a whole one of their songs!

i can't guarantee I'll go for it, money is occasionally weird these days, but what was the original price

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

I bet this has some sick sampling potential

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

hexwren posted:

i can't guarantee I'll go for it, money is occasionally weird these days, but what was the original price

60 bucks. Shipping will probably be about 10 bucks. But if it's significantly less than that I'll refund you the difference. I already had one person ask so I'll put you next in line if you're still interested and they aren't.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

righto

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

Awww yeah, the Residents' RSD trilogy of disowned material is now complete. :allears:

Nah, you should do a bunch of :catdrugs: and listen to it until it makes sense to you.

This is the best anti-drug ad I've ever seen by the way.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Virgil Vox posted:

I was hoping this might have some as well:

Haven't closely examined this but it appears to be some kind of very early attempt at playing with stereophonics in the studio. Stuff like this often came with some of the earliest stereos, just to give some impression what you might do with it. Should be really fun to repurpose.

It took me a long time to get some satisfaction that Frankie is not related to Al, although they have made an album together.

As far as sampling potential goes, I was really hoping a film called Pagan Love Song might have some amusing bits, but we may see.

But this was all swept away as nothing after I found the game for he who is and shall be again:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

And you can read for yourself how they play with stereophonics here, and it appears they're really using the best recording tech they can get their hands on at the time, Telefunken mics and stuff. I would think this kind of stuff could be pretty easily repurposed.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

midge posted:

Heads up, HEALTH are looking to reprint their self titled album, Get Colour AND (most importantly, I feel) finally release the Max Payne 3 Soundtrack on vinyl. I regard the latter as one of the greatest ever VG soundtracks.

Still got my original print. S\T isn't going for gobs of money but it will be nice to see fans give HEALTH more money.

and yes, MP3 soundtrack is GOAT. Waiting for a 4k remaster to play again.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Here's a couple more I've gotten recently:

I"m going to be the guy with everything by every member of Yes except Jon has done so much. And actually so has Rick but I'm not a fan of him like I was as a kid. I also got this of course because of the artwork. My sister is demanding I give it to her for her upcoming birthday. I'm tempted to make her the guy girl with everything by every member of Yes and get rid of all these except maybe some of the Bill, anything associated with King Crimson. Give her the Asia albums, this works for me.

Far as I can tell, this is a sampler of army radio? Pretty curious.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

petit choux posted:

Ooh, be sure to report back! :patriot: I'm curious too.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

petit choux posted:

If it's who I'm thinking of (and it probably is, as I know I've encountered army recordings featuring her before, but I can't find the mp3s right now) - The Nightbird was actually really loving cool, she was a DJ on WNEW, NYC's biggest rock radio station of the 70s, spinning prog and weirdness on the graveyard shift

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alison_Steele

fake edit: yeah it's her https://www.discogs.com/label/863761-Nightbird-Company

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

CPL593H posted:

About a year ago my brother's friend had about 300,000 dollars worth of Bitcoin and he was like "I'm not cashing that out it's just going to keep going up.".

lol

Lol. I have yet to look at Pokemon investment youtube, but I bet they're panicking since that market has corrected itself as well.

Anyways, look at all the pretty records everybody's getting, wish I came across anything half as cool in the shop.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

This looks like a wicked good album to make love to your old lady by:

petit choux fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jun 30, 2022

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

petit choux posted:

I have a full copy of one of the Rap N' Rhythm army records:

There's a lot of different ones. It's a 2xLP recording of a radio show. Basically 3 minute interviews with a featured artist played in-between songs from that artist.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

wa27 posted:

There's a lot of different ones. It's a 2xLP recording of a radio show. Basically 3 minute interviews with a featured artist played in-between songs from that artist.

Wow, cool. I'm tempted to stop unpacking and just plug in this Ion and check out some of this stuff, but too much to do. Well that wraps it up for the petit choux. And I got the best dollar copy of Handel's Messiah I've ever come across.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 30, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Virgil Vox posted:

Yeah, I wish you lived closer so you could check out this collection. I think I've got the poo poo.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

midge posted:

If you don't know the band, here's their bandcamp and they are touring North America later this year. They are one of my favourite bands over the last decade, and they just keep improving.

Self Titled and Get Color are both excellent but I found Death Magic to be terrible??? Please advise.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

wa27 posted:

I might crop this for an avatar whenever I get bored with this one, that's dope

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

petit choux posted:

Yeah, I wish you lived closer so you could check out this collection. I think I've got the poo poo.

I was really only interested in used dance & DJ 12" but if something looked weird & bizarre in the $1 bins I picked it up, I'll post a few weird things you might like here in the next few days as i'm re-organizing everything anyway.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I got two Primus albums (Sailing the Seas of Cheese and Antipop) arriving next week. :getin: Frizzle Fry and Pork Soda are next.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Virgil Vox posted:

I might crop this for an avatar whenever I get bored with this one, that's dope

Lol I was thinking that cover was prime avatar material.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Read After Burning posted:

I got two Primus albums (Sailing the Seas of Cheese and Antipop) arriving next week. :getin: Frizzle Fry and Pork Soda are next.
You gotta grab Tales from the Punchbowl whenever it comes back into print. :rock:

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

The Bedouine album that should have shipped last fall is finally on its way. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Got this recently, love the cover.