Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oops, let's hope the kid doesn't get chinesium poisoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

Oops, let's hope the kid doesn't get chinesium poisoning.

One of the broken bots was a Machine Boy Blast Off so I was worried for a bit but his guns are present.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

One of our friends stopped by and she brought her two sons with while I was at work yesterday. They managed to break several bots and a dozen missiles and accessories from various figures have gone missing, probably into the stomach of the toddler. Thankfully she is a good friend and has offered to replace or pay for what they ate/broke.

What have I been saying about Decoy Transformers? :colbert:

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

SeannieDarko posted:

I'm a Decepticon of course

You the only one? Was figuring we could make an alliance.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Comfortador posted:

You the only one? Was figuring we could make an alliance.

I think I am. I dunno why cuz this game is fun as poo poo!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Can't have a third-party masterpiece figure without three competing versions of the character.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/06/24/fans-toys-berserk-masterpiece-styled-blitzwing-product-announcement-317832
This one has the best looking alt modes by far.

Captain Invictus posted:

Nonnef, after responding to me fairly quickly when asked about where the stuff was and saying they were being shipped out (months ago), then went silent immediately upon being asked for a refund, has now shipped out my stuff. What a fucker, they weren't shipped at all, he just didn't want to give a refund.
According to the people who are starting to get them on TFW, they're pretty crappy too. Evidently there's a lot of sprue that needs to be cut off and some kind of unannounced color change between the prototype and release?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So that pretty much cements an MP Blitzwang from Takara within 18 months right?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
https://twitter.com/bruticus_UW/status/746529653498601472

Oh my god???

B.O.T.???

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

along with the highest concentration of the worst/most offensive human characters in the franchise ever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TFRazorsaw posted:

along with the highest concentration of the worst/most offensive human characters in the franchise ever.

Those guys from Carbombia?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rhyno posted:

Those guys from Carbombia?

and the rear end in a top hat kids from B.O.T.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Worst in the franchise ever...

I don't see Carlos from Armada.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Two words: Atari. Hitotonari.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

One of our friends stopped by and she brought her two sons with while I was at work yesterday. They managed to break several bots and a dozen missiles and accessories from various figures have gone missing, probably into the stomach of the toddler. Thankfully she is a good friend and has offered to replace or pay for what they ate/broke.

That's a nightmare situation right there. Hopefully it was nothing in the $100+ dollar range.

But god drat, I know it's hard to watch kids, but what if those were like heirlooms or poo poo?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rhyno posted:

Worst in the franchise ever...

I don't see Carlos from Armada.

I'm not saying Carlos is good, man. But.

The country is literally named Carbombya.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Anora posted:

That's a nightmare situation right there. Hopefully it was nothing in the $100+ dollar range.

But god drat, I know it's hard to watch kids, but what if those were like heirlooms or poo poo?

The best part about being broke is having nothing expensive to break. I enjoy my Transformer toys vicariously through photos on the wiki.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

Right now it only looks like cheap things were damaged. The MB Blast Off, a tiny Enterprise, and a sonic screwdriver were the obviously broken bits. Like, cracked parts that can't be fixed. One of her sons also pulled the capes off of two Superman figures I had sitting there as well. I had two small tubs of extra parts on the shelf, one full of CW hand/feet, the other was extra hands and heads for Marvel Legends and some DCC bits. Our friend found a ton of those in the backseat of her car and in her son's pockets but I don't think I know exactly what was in those tubs to begin with.

She's offered me $200 already and I'm like "that's waaaaay too much" but I'm still checking things over to make sure they didn't damage anything else.

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm not saying Carlos is good, man. But.

The country is literally named Carbombya.

They're in one episode. Carlos is in like 26. And he's clearly descended from those assholes.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Carbombia was in two episodes and was responsible for Casey Kaseem quitting the show

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Still not as bad as Carlos.

And then he dies and is reincarnated as Ironhide in Energon and you never loving escape that voice.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

No, Carbombya is worse. That's the law. Undebatable.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Wait, are we really saying Car Bomb Ya isn't that bad, because loving hell you loving idiots

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

My point is, in fact, that Carbombya is the absolute worst of everything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Of course it's loving horrible.

It's just not as horrible as Carlos/Ironhide's loving voice.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Carbomya is goddam hilarious you collective sticks in mud.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Badly voiced character who only said "holy frijoles" like once and was generally annoying

vs.

Country of actively harmful ethnic stereotypes that caused a beloved cast member to leave the show

Carbombya is the worst.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"Beloved cast member."

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Casey Casem seems well regarded by the TF community?

http://nickroche.blogspot.ie/

In other news, Nick Roche posted about why Sins of the Wreckers was delayed. My condolences to him and his family. :(

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

TFRazorsaw posted:

Badly voiced character who only said "holy frijoles" like once and was generally annoying

vs.

Country of actively harmful ethnic stereotypes that caused a beloved cast member to leave the show

Carbombya is the worst.

I'm not saying tv shows should make jokes like that constantly but if it was a throwaway joke on the Colbert report I doubt anyone would go out of their way to tie their SJW gland in a knot like this.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
it wasn't a throwaway joke, it was a played-straight setting in children's animation. it's the worst loving thing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Rhyno and nefud are the only two defending carbombya

Don't lump everyone else in with them, thanks

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 26, 2016

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I think carbombya was funny but it obviously wouldn't fly today, but I also watched the latino dub of armada (like, once or twice cuz the show was really bad) and Carlos obviously talked like everyone else and didn't invoke the power of beans.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

Rhyno and nefud are the only two defending carbombya

Don't lump everyone else in with them, thanks

I'm not defending poo poo! I'm just saying that on the scale of things that are horrible, the noise that comes out of Matt Hill's mouth is the worst thing I can think of.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Then your priorities are kind of hosed up.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
This conversation will end with people's names being added to the terrorist watch list

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Waahhhh this cartoon that's almost completely devoid of women and deffo black people-free made a broad off-color joke wahhhhh

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Joe Fisto posted:

This conversation will end with people's names being added to the terrorist watch list

Or a red title.

Man, the 80's were different times, huh?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Or a red title.

Man, the 80's were different times, huh?

Yeah, it's just that. As I said I find it funny, if mostly in a "haha, the things we used to laugh at back then". I also laughed with Team America however.

Although our latin american TV shows still use a lot of jokes and impersonations that I guess modern americans would find incredibly distasteful (often pretty cringeworthy tbh). Japanese media is a bit like that too because they just don't give a gently caress at all.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 26, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah I really don't give a poo poo about something tasteless that was done 30+ years ago and has been debated to death since then.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Waahhhh this cartoon that's almost completely devoid of women and deffo black people-free made a broad off-color joke wahhhhh
No, don't try to dilute the argument. Like the whole carbombya thing has long been pointed to as a facepalm-worthy racist joke that would absolutely never fly past when they did it in children's television, no need to jump to its defense. Colbert making a joke about it is a lot different than kid's TV which has a lot more influence on the minds of the children watching it.

Edit: oh cool you actually used sjw in your argument, missed that, not a real shocker though with you. I'm done with this dicussion, I've said my piece.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/b_croco/status/746578654612729857
https://twitter.com/b_croco/status/746584504676954113
https://twitter.com/b_croco/status/746618520176189440

If you don't like Galvatron's "mask" gimmick, you can do this cool mod. He retains the headmaster transformation too.

Someone in TFW left the chinstrap too, which IMO looks even better.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jun 26, 2016