Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Dienes posted:

If you add me really quick I can snag a second and you can have a third.

Hey sorry I had to take my kid to soccer practice. I can log in sometime so you can snag one of mine if you want though

(I don't have enough FC for a third myself)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

FishBulb posted:

Hey sorry I had to take my kid to soccer practice. I can log in sometime so you can snag one of mine if you want though

(I don't have enough FC for a third myself)

You and your responsible parenting.

I'd still love the 5-Kitchen if you have a spare moment to hop on sometime.

Diet Poison posted:

Hey, please to hang onto that Hoenn tent; I'm gonna wanna snag that from you right quick. At some point. I ain't gonna be on tonight anyway but soon.

Added you and set the Hoenn tent up for ya.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Ok I added you and put the kitchen in my first slot.

If anyone else wants a kitchen I'll be in my plaza for awhile.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
How do you know which phrases you've collected so far from the tents?

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

You have to look it up manually which is a pain

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

FishBulb posted:

Ok I added you and put the kitchen in my first slot.

If anyone else wants a kitchen I'll be in my plaza for awhile.

drat, looks like I just missed you.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Well. I can go back.

Edit: oh wait no. My battery died.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

dungeon cousin posted:

How do you know which phrases you've collected so far from the tents?

The phrases all show up in the same category, it's called "common phrases" or something like that and it's 3rd or 4th in the list iirc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FestivalPlaza/comments/5kw98o/important_fortune_teller_info_for_unlocking/

That reddit post lists them in the order they'll appear in the list if you have them. There are 5 phrases that you start out with which aren't listed in the reddit post. They appear at the top of the list.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://twitter.com/pancakeparadox/status/855061727582539779

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Hey friends, I talked about this trick room team for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-WDxaeQk4k

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
:siren:Hawlucha is being suspected in RU!:siren:

I guess the set is...

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly?
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Sky Attack
- High Jump Kick
Does that sound right? I'm not hep to what the cool kids are doing these days.

Unburden is OP pls nerf

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

I'd pay for that, no question.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Left Ventricle posted:

Hawlucha @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly?
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Sky Attack
- High Jump Kick
Huh. I used to run that exact set in XY's battle maison. Flying/Fighting gives pretty good coverage, and not much that resists Fighting can also tank a Sky Attack without concern.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

S&M is a good metaphor for Pokémon.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-565568033

poo poo like this is why I love Random Battle sometimes. :allears:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Any word on pokemon go transferring to sun/moon? I vaguely remember rumblings to that effect prelaunch but haven't heard anything else.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

so since s&m is set in hawaii is this supposed to be brüno mars cuz if so then that's pretty accurate and cutting

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
I'm finally going through Moon and creating a living Dex by putting up fallen-off-a-truck Dittos on GTS asking for everything because I'm OCD and need a living Dex in every game + Bank, and I've discovered the true answer to who is the most forgotten Pokemon. Mothim. I completely forgot that Burmy has an evolution that isn't Wormadam because apparently the cloak gimmick is the only thing about that mon that is worth remembering.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Any word on pokemon go transferring to sun/moon? I vaguely remember rumblings to that effect prelaunch but haven't heard anything else.

The only evidence we have is in SM's code. A Pokeball symbol can be in the same place as the pentagon, trial marker, or small Gameboy found on a Pokemon's status screen. That's all we've got, there's nothing in GO's code to actually suggest anything more, but it could be possible eventually.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
That's a bummer.

Also a bummer, i started a new game with a tynamo and frillish as two of my first pokemen but they take so long to evolve. Up yours gamefreak!!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Unova mon evo levels are one of many victims of GF's stubborn refusal to change things even when they stop making sense.

See also: The need for magnetic/ice rock/moss rock areas forever so you can evolve Probopass/Glaceon/Leafeon/etc.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Haifisch posted:

Unova mon evo levels are one of many victims of GF's stubborn refusal to change things even when they stop making sense.

See also: The need for magnetic/ice rock/moss rock areas forever so you can evolve Probopass/Glaceon/Leafeon/etc.

Its weird because sometimes they do change things that don't make sense, its just inconsistent.

See: Golduck/Ninetales being unable to learn Psychic from a TM, only through breeding, until Gen V. Prism Scale evolution for Feebas. Fixing Azurill changing gender on evolution.

And then you still have things like Nidoranf being able to breed but Nidorina and Nidoqueen not.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

How do you suppose they'll handle Alolan forms in future games?

My guess is that they'll just introduce a new item that influences Pokémon with Alolan forms to evolve into those forms, like maybe an "Alola Stone", which works like an Everstone. You have Pokémon like Pikachu, Exeggcute and Cubone hold it while evolving them and having one of the parents hold one while breeding them produces an Alolan offspring.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Zuzie posted:

My guess is that they'll just introduce a new item that influences Pokémon with Alolan forms to evolve into those forms, like maybe an "Alola Stone", which works like an Everstone. You have Pokémon like Pikachu, Exeggcute and Cubone hold it while evolving them and having one of the parents hold one while breeding them produces an Alolan offspring.
I imagine they'll do something similar to Incense, since there's already precedent for that.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Zuzie posted:

They might just keep it genetic since you can transfer pokemon from generation from generation pretty easily. Maybe have an NPC who trades or gives an Alolan forme pokemon to you.

Then you can have fun things like Raichu Roulette where you guess if your Pikachu will evoive into Raichu or Raichu-A

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
It will probably only be a chance of alola form on each egg, or only obtainable with a foreign mon.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
They'll probably just say "Some pokemon from a far-off region ended up migrating here that look different" after like, the postgame.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
Strange souvenir for Alola forms seems like a no-brainer

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zuzie posted:

Make new forms for the new regions and then tell you to buy Pokemon Bank

Jithendra
May 23, 2009

Waterfall of Salt posted:

Strange souvenir for Alola forms seems like a no-brainer

Yeah, I'd guess probably evolve holding strange souvenir for pokemon like Pikachu etc. with only one Alola form, and keep the "breed regional parent holding everstone" method for the rest.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Zuzie posted:

The same way they handled Deerling forms. Only available if you have a Gen VII game. Because Game Freak does a lot of stupid stuff.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Zuzie posted:

Alolan embassies.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
TBH they've been changing so much poo poo I never expected them to since gen 5 that it feels like a matter of time until they realize how dumb the area-based evos are.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Catching 'em all should be a bugfuck consumerist spirit quest, I won't have it any other way.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

TBH they've been changing so much poo poo I never expected them to since gen 5 that it feels like a matter of time until they realize how dumb the area-based evos are.

i like it for eevee, it's whole thing is adapting based on outside influences! it's story/gameplay integration!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
course it evolving in an ice field and not to the ice stone is kind of contradictory so...nevermind i guess it doesn't make total sense

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

i like it for eevee, it's whole thing is adapting based on outside influences! it's story/gameplay integration!

The idea is aggressively cool, but not being able to evolve railgun bug until Alolan Victory Road (because the real one is a joke) is unfun. Same if you wanted a glaceon.

Basically just make all the eevees evolve with stones and areas.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

After 900+ Magikarps, I finally got my Shiny Sandygast.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

course it evolving in an ice field and not to the ice stone is kind of contradictory so...nevermind i guess it doesn't make total sense

This has been a contradiction ever since the Moss stone existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Dr. Fetus posted:

The same way they handled Deerling forms. Only available if you have a Gen VII game. Because Game Freak does a lot of stupid stuff.

The best approach would probably be to alter the Oricorio nectars to work on Deerlings. Two birds with one stone.