Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

DumbparameciuM posted:

Pretty sure it's a DSFix or GeDoSaTo issue, one of which they have to be using.

IIRC Pat said they're using DSFix. It could also be a graphics card issue; something like, say, the card trying to VSync a game that is already VSyncing itself. That would be nice, the solution in most cases is just putting a default setting to Off or making a manual exception for the game.

Actually, I think when you use DSFix there's a couple graphics options inside Dark Souls you can't turn on, for similar reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

This Cryme Tyme is strong.

kenny turning someone into a mugger by pushing them through a fence is a classic cryme tyme moment

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

DumbparameciuM posted:

Pretty sure it's a DSFix or GeDoSaTo issue, one of which they have to be using.

Weird, I've logged hundreds of hours using each of those respectively and never encountered this issue; plus my computer is hot garbage compared to Pat's beast rig. Might be their video capture software?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Oh man Pat's face.

https://youtu.be/oVUQr0Ts1EY

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Well now we know what Pat's o-face looks like.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ahahaha, haw haw haw

"suck my DIIIIIIICK"

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Justice Sloth posted:

Weird, I've logged hundreds of hours using each of those respectively and never encountered this issue; plus my computer is hot garbage compared to Pat's beast rig. Might be their video capture software?

I think it's mostly their settings, like someone posted above. Possibly a Vsync or anti-aliasing issue where the settings on the game and the patch are competing for no reason.

And it's totally DSfix, Pat calls Durante a hero for it when Woolie is going for the Fire Keeper Soul in New Londo.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
So huh...what's going on here?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/17/champions-league-last-16-fans-knockout-stages

quote:

Monaco
We’ve played well so far and deserved to go through as Group E winners. It was nice to teach Tottenham a thing or two about the Champions League. Even if we crashed out of the competition now, at least we’ll always have Kamil Glik’s screamer against Bayer Leverkusen!

Manchester City will be a tall order for us. Once occupying the same super-rich stratum as their English opponents, Monaco have changed tack in recent years and promoted youth talent while cutting back on the spending. The result of this is a distinct lack of galacticos lining up for us in comparison to Pep Guardiola’s side. Radamel Falcao needs to turn up, as does Joao Moutinho; lesser-known squad players such as Mathieu Kowalewski and Patrice Boivin will probably be key, once the inevitable injuries hit. Good luck Jemerson trying to keep Sergio Agüero quiet for 180 minutes.

There’s a saying among Monaco fans: “Our club promises nothing and delivers less.” I don’t have high hopes, but perhaps that’s just the pessimistic nature of our fans. We never really got over that loss in the final to Porto in 2004. Sadly, I think City will get the better of us over two legs. But we’re not the favourites, so with the pressure off – who knows? Woolie Madden

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

The Guardian is a bad newspaper that doesn't fact-check their reader input.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

that moment Pat realizes he could've done the Bloodborne LP in half the time with his girlfriend.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I like how you guys assume that Pat or any of the best friends are any good at video games to do what Paige did.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

FauxGateau posted:

that moment Pat realizes he could've done the Bloodborne LP in half the time with his girlfriend.

Page is 200% more panic susceptible than Woolie, but while his development potential is C, hers is breaking the side of the chart.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The lack of face cam would cut out the real strength of their chemistry, which is lots of pouting and white high-fives

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tae posted:

The lack of face cam would cut out the real strength of their chemistry, which is lots of pouting and white high-fives

My favorite part of the Bloodborne LP redux is Paige wheezing "soo... white" after Pat misses his 38th consecutive high-five.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Does Pat have any FFXV stuff posted to youtube besides that first stream recording? It makes for great work listening.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm rewatching the DS2 playthrough, and Part 19 has the Peak Pat-ologism.

"That's what I was trying to tell you! That's what I meant, do you know what I mean?!"

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Paigeborne is really good even outside that clip, she beat Amelia first try. Really, the biggest problem as someone else mentioned is that she's really susceptible to screaming loudly while flailing around the first time she runs into something new, usually ending with the character running into a wall while the camera faces the ground.

Also I can't get enough of them randomly going "SPEEEEEEED"

Here's a playlist where someone has helpfully uploaded everything (except a 30 minute chunk with Henrick and the start of Hemwick Charnel Lane).

EDIT: Latest episode starts with Woolie healing a boss for 25K, good stuff.

HGH fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 30, 2016

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Justice Sloth posted:

I think Hoobajoo hit the nail on the head, it's probably something to do with not disabling VSync in Nvidia control panel or something.

:krad: This is Awesome*. I would totally be okay with Paige (even temporarily) stepping into the Liam void with SBF.

* *clap* *clap* - *clap* *clap* *clap*

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

HGH posted:

EDIT: Latest episode starts with Woolie healing a boss for 25K, good stuff.

To be fair making all of that form's attacks ice element because of a pun, without making that apparent is nowhere near as clever as the designers thought it was.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

DumbparameciuM posted:

:krad: This is Awesome*. I would totally be okay with Paige (even temporarily) stepping into the Liam void with SBF.

Something I've always wondered about - Do YouTube celebs have to pay their guests? Like, when they do a collaborative video with someone else making YouTube/Twitch money, do they give them a cut of the video's profits?

I could see one-offs being no big deal (maybe they do a video on the other person's channel as a trade), but say Paige or someone joined in for a full LP... what then?

I have no idea how "YouTube royalties" would even work.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

what is pat+paiges twitch channel anyway

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This is Paige
https://www.twitch.tv/peachsaliva

This is Pat
https://www.twitch.tv/angriestpat

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

HoboTech posted:

Something I've always wondered about - Do YouTube celebs have to pay their guests? Like, when they do a collaborative video with someone else making YouTube/Twitch money, do they give them a cut of the video's profits?

I could see one-offs being no big deal (maybe they do a video on the other person's channel as a trade), but say Paige or someone joined in for a full LP... what then?

There is no Let's Play Guild of America it's up to the legal owner of the account.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

HoboTech posted:

Youtube pays the channel, and in this case Matt owns the channel and he's the one that distributes money so it's really up to him if he wants to pay Paige for a full LP or not. I'd imagine he would if Paige was officially brought over as a member.

Though most of the time guests are paid entirely in Exposure Bucks.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

Neo_Crimson posted:

Though most of the time guests are paid entirely in Exposure Bucks.

Channel relevant example: Pat and Woolie were on stream with the YoVideogames Crew, who in return recorded the Cryme Tyme (and other) videos.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Chewie & Fuckface in the Friday Night.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HGH posted:

Paigeborne is really good even outside that clip, she beat Amelia first try. Really, the biggest problem as someone else mentioned is that she's really susceptible to screaming loudly while flailing around any time she does anything, ever

Fixed. I had to stop watching because it's fun and I like their dynamic but jesus christ she never stops to take a breath.

edit: Also she says suck my dick a lot and it's like her 'excuse me' or 'know what i mean'

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Just heard about Liam. poo poo that's rough especially since I suffer from such anxiety often. :prepop:
Is the Super Best Friends gonna be okay?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CJacobs posted:

Fixed. I had to stop watching because it's fun and I like their dynamic but jesus christ she never stops to take a breath.

edit: Also she says suck my dick a lot and it's like her 'excuse me' or 'know what i mean'

that's why she and pat need to co-op.

"excuse me"

"suck my dick"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What in the gently caress is this fisticuffs

There's so many things weird as gently caress in this game, like playable Ramiel???

why is 700feet tall gunbuster what

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Just heard about Liam. poo poo that's rough especially since I suffer from such anxiety often. :prepop:

Chewie and Fuckface are holding down the fort pretty well so far. Though we'll have to see how they do after Matt comes back.

They're planning on going from 4 full LPs simultaneously to 3 to cut down on the strain.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Neo_Crimson posted:

Chewie and Fuckface are holding down the fort pretty well so far. Though we'll have to see how they do after Matt comes back.

They're planning on going from 4 full LPs simultaneously to 3 to cut down on the strain.
Why they decide to play Megaman or Sonic is beyond me.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Grouchio posted:

Liam chose both games.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

Grouchio posted:

It's fine

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Chewie & Fuckface in the Friday Night.

The slow down on the BG audio is so real.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Grouchio posted:

The sonic LP owned though

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah sonic unleashed was fantastic. Shame it'll probably never be finished (I've learned from experience that "I'll be back to finish [x]" is a dubious statement at best) but hey, maybe liam will return one day to actually finish it. The dynamic will probably be hosed up though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
drat, that evangelion fighting game really has no reason to exist, but I appreciate them going completely whole hog with it and including characters that literally should not be able to work in a fighting game whatsoever without immediately killing everything they come across instantly.

And also drat, I think the channel lost like 10k subscribers when Liam quit.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Captain Invictus posted:

drat, that evangelion fighting game really has no reason to exist

What are you talking about? Comatose Molestation Lad vs Octahedron was the most highly anticipated fight of the century :colbert:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

And also drat, I think the channel lost like 10k subscribers when Liam quit.

No? They've been at 630k subs for a while now. Where are you seeing this?

EDIT: From the looks of it, the buzz generated from Liam leaving has increased their sub growth.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Neo_Crimson posted:

No? They've been at 630k subs for a while now. Where are you seeing this?

EDIT: From the looks of it, the buzz generated from Liam leaving has increased their sub growth.

Huh, at their current pace they'll finally hit 640k soon. Chewie & Fuckface in the Sub Farms.

You hear those sweet crumbles coming from a closet? it's the sign of a Pat stream coming up

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/815261119862505474

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 31, 2016