Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

All I've ever heard about it is that it's a grindy piece of poo poo even by contemporary standards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I never completed the NES one but the SNES one stands up alone just fine, you’re not gonna miss much of anything in terms of like a critical overarching plot.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1491475574245793799

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

tmfc posted:

:nws:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

That's my favorite case across the two games and one of my favorites across the entire series period.

i wasnt feeling it until the second day of the trial but now i'm on board, this case rules

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Have bounced off it a few times before, but Mother 1 with rewind is hitting the sweet spot of being fun. don't mind grinding out some levels at the zoo while I'm watching other stuff, can rewind if I get wiped out by a bad encounter. the size of the world map in this game is really impressive for NES

thanks nintendo

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tato posted:

Have bounced off it a few times before, but Mother 1 with rewind is hitting the sweet spot of being fun. don't mind grinding out some levels at the zoo while I'm watching other stuff, can rewind if I get wiped out by a bad encounter. the size of the world map in this game is really impressive for NES

thanks nintendo

You're welcome

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

P-Mack posted:

All I've ever heard about it is that it's a grindy piece of poo poo even by contemporary standards

this is how I felt after putting about 2 hours into the game a couple years ago and never felt compelled to go back to it.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Tato posted:

thanks nintendo

however this makes it sound a bit more enticing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

P-Mack posted:

its a game that needs a guide or youll always be lost, and it has all the other bad jrpg tropes like too many encounters+grinding etc. not great

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Maybe they need to consider doing one of those 'special edition' things with Mother 1 and like let you start at max level and money or whatever.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
I just looked at the preorder list on the eshop and gently caress I’m gonna be spending like $400

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Zurtilik posted:

Maybe they need to consider doing one of those 'special edition' things with Mother 1 and like let you start at max level and money or whatever.

I don't take handouts from the government and I don't take handouts from Nintendo.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
yeah prior to this announcement I had been playing the gba port and it’s super obtuse

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Zurtilik posted:

theres a patch that doubles exp and halves the encounter rate. that said i couldn't really get into it even then

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

i think im going to play thru metroid prime tomorrow night. its time again

playing this with the wii u pro controller is throwing me off a lot

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Nostradingus posted:

I don't take handouts from the government and I don't take handouts from Nintendo.

I do. Gimme gimme gimme.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

mycophobia posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

I do. Gimme gimme gimme.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kongming posted:

I do. Gimme gimme gimme.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Kongming posted:

I do. Gimme gimme gimme.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Kongming posted:

I do. Gimme gimme gimme.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kongming posted:

I do. Gimme gimme gimme.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Kongming posted:

I do. Gimme gimme gimme.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mycophobia posted:

theres a patch that doubles exp and halves the encounter rate. that said i couldn't really get into it even then

this

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

I do. Gimme gimme gimme.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kongming posted:

I do. Gimme gimme gimme.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

President of the United States: Today, I announce a new initiative to give out three free video games to everyone in these great and bountiful states.
Gamers: We already have gamepass bitch. Where's Metroid Prime 4?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Kongming posted:

I do. Gimme gimme gimme.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

i didnt have it in me to play all of metroid prime in one night but i got to the ice beam. will finish tomorrow

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i said at the beginning i wasnt going to do the fast missile trick but i ended up doing it anyway. feels too good

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Kongming posted:

I do. Gimme gimme gimme.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Kongming posted:

I do. Gimme gimme gimme.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

mycophobia posted:

i said at the beginning i wasnt going to do the fast missile trick but i ended up doing it anyway. feels too good

the one where you fire missiles faster by canceling with regular shots? i don't know why you wouldn't do it, it's not like firing missiles slower adds an interesting challenge

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mycophobia posted:

The games high health enemies are kind of boring anyway. it feels good to go fast in Metroid, So I say no rules

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

b_d posted:

the one where you fire missiles faster by canceling with regular shots? i don't know why you wouldn't do it, it's not like firing missiles slower adds an interesting challenge

idk cuz its unintentional and kills stuff faster than the devs prolly intended

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Gonna put together a pro mario strikers team and dominate the leaderboards.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/teslaaraven/status/1491579416031350785?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1492151458439077889?t=iyNs870tMprkWpxjLWs4fw&s=19