Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Music sounds cool for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

3 rockfin teeth per +2 relic? Time to get rich on Daquwaqa again.

Only feet are out.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gonna laugh if they drag out relic 2/3 for a year

count on it

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

LiquidFriend posted:

count on it

Makes sense, because after a year of that they'll have to do a year of empy 2/3 before they can switch to re-reimagined salvage/nyzul

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

count on it

We're looking at 10 dynamis zones. Most likely they will cut beaucedine and the cop zones. Leaving the 4 cities and xarc, because you know they want another copy of shadowlord/dynamis lord.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want Dynamis-Adoulin cause that'd be fun and different and new.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I want Dynamis-Adoulin cause that'd be fun and different and new.

Abyssea-Dynamis, aka the upside down upside down, or the rightside up.

Dynamis Whitegate would be fun tho...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dynamis in Aht Urghan makes too much sense. Every area of Al zhabi and whitegate are small square districts.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

3 new beastmen, though, and you could tie it into existing plot with Odin having a connection to the empty

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
Checking this out after 2 years of not playing, all of my poor skirmish gear is now useless. RIP Jugo Kukri, anyways if somebody could toss Hauke a pearl you'd be my goon hero.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
My only complaint with the new dynamis zone is the distinct lack of charmga. I want to be able to pick off other players drat it.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

I'm sad it doesn't require 64 people to complete. Cmon SE

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

keep it down up there! posted:

It is set up so that 3 can enter, break up party and each call 5 trusts.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

frodnonnag posted:

It is set up so that 3 can enter, break up party and each call 5 trusts.

Oh I'd love to hear testimonies from trust parties.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

keep it down up there! posted:

64 dynamis were cool and good when the lag was so bad that people would trigger animated weapon fights before people were ready, wasting hours.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Oh I'd love to hear testimonies from trust parties.

Can probably easily clear midboss and unlock +3s. You start in east ronfaure entrance and its literally 2 pulls and you are on midboss at north sandy entrance.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

LiquidFriend posted:

64 dynamis were cool and good when the lag was so bad that people would trigger animated weapon fights before people were ready, wasting hours.

Exactly. Who wouldn't want to relive those glory days?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So this weird Vanaversary RoE thing gives you a new KI, right? Temp KI, "Ancient Melody: O," "M," and "E" so far. Is it gonna spell Omen, Omega or go way out there and spell "Omedetou" at the very end of it? This has been bugging me since the minute they've introduced the drat things. That Jamal dude you get the Ark Angel Trust quests from mentions the KI has something to do with trust magic, so I'm wondering if it's leading to an Altana trust or something.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Omega mount

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTIwBDNDO4M

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

So this weird Vanaversary RoE thing gives you a new KI, right? Temp KI, "Ancient Melody: O," "M," and "E" so far. Is it gonna spell Omen, Omega or go way out there and spell "Omedetou" at the very end of it? This has been bugging me since the minute they've introduced the drat things. That Jamal dude you get the Ark Angel Trust quests from mentions the KI has something to do with trust magic, so I'm wondering if it's leading to an Altana trust or something.

O M E N

Trust: Ou

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Paladine_PSoT posted:

O M E N

Trust: Ou

"Lemme just summon this thing up, and....."

:catdrugs:

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
I made a terrible mistake and reactivated my account that's been sitting dormant for the last eight years.

Is Asura still the place to be? And would it be worth transferring my noob lvl75 rear end there?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Alris posted:

I made a terrible mistake and reactivated my account that's been sitting dormant for the last eight years.

Is Asura still the place to be? And would it be worth transferring my noob lvl75 rear end there?

Yep, Asura is still the de facto NA server.

Honestly, whether it's worth transferring depends on how much progress you made on your old character. Despite being able to solo nearly all of the in-game content now, it still takes time to run around and actually *do* all that content, and build up things like fame and combat skills.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

75? Just start over.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

I'd transfer. A few bucks is worth not having to redo tedious missions, fame, gobbiebags, etc.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

75? Just start over.

Unless you did some high end poo poo in the 75 era like a mythic, or level capped everything or have like 20m+ sitting there or did time intensive poo poo like assaults.

Restarting would allow you to do the story, which is a good part of why people come back.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
loving empy armor seals
:

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

loving empy armor seals
:

Make an almace :suicide:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I did. I’d rather do that again that farm empy seals!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All you must do is be the King of Abyssea, as I am. Some call it Warrior, but its true name is "King of Abyssea." It's an easy mistake to make.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i got an ark scythe but forgot to get a loving trident from halloween for my ninja.

there’s an all jobs great sword you can get from a 250 merit battlefield.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

i got an ark scythe but forgot to get a loving trident from halloween for my ninja.

there’s an all jobs great sword you can get from a 250 merit battlefield.

ahahaha ahahahaha

good loving luck.

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

I've been wanting to get into this after FFXIV has disappointed me a bit. Has there been an announcement of how long the public servers will stay up? I'm worried I'll invest a lot of time getting a character geared up and then lose it a year later. It looks like FFXI mobile is coming soon so maybe I'm worrying for no reason

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

sailormoon posted:

I've been wanting to get into this after FFXIV has disappointed me a bit. Has there been an announcement of how long the public servers will stay up? I'm worried I'll invest a lot of time getting a character geared up and then lose it a year later. It looks like FFXI mobile is coming soon so maybe I'm worrying for no reason

they announced like a year or two ago that the game was being 'sunset' in such a manner that they were going to keep the servers on and do maintenance only.

since doing that, they've added new content and events to the game. maybe not major releases, but they're still actively adding to it.

doesn't sound like it's going anywhere any time soon.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

frodnonnag posted:

ahahaha ahahahaha

good loving luck.

word? i got no idea i’m just repeating information

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

word? i got no idea i’m just repeating information

Those bcnm require perfect gear and experience to do.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You're better off with a WAR/NIN.

Trainee Burin for 1H Katana, Hardwood Katana (event) for 2H GK, and from there it's pretty easy to fill in the rest.

Of note: Agelast Torque + GK Merits, Yarak Torque + 1H Katana Merits recommended. Yeah, those torques are an rear end to get. But hey, they meant I had all red procs available.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

they announced like a year or two ago that the game was being 'sunset' in such a manner that they were going to keep the servers on and do maintenance only.

since doing that, they've added new content and events to the game. maybe not major releases, but they're still actively adding to it.

doesn't sound like it's going anywhere any time soon.

There are at least 4 more dynamis zones in the works, as well as rotating ambuscade (e-z mode new content) and people suspect content is planned after dynamis to +2/3 abyssea armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
More Dynamis, more sweet COR stuff.

Sorry about everyone else, I guess.