Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

SiGmA_X posted:

We should plot out what maintenance your car is going to need over the next year/two years and see how much money it really needs... It's a new car after all. That said, I think it's smart to accrue X for general maintenance. I'm just not sure what that X will be for your car.

I forget what is in your gently caress you category, but you aren't in a position of gently caress you yet, so I'd nix it and get on with the debt/efund. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xdfeXqHFmPI

With the car it's important to note that we do have a service plan already rolled in the loan including oil changes (synthetic) and all major mileage inspections/whatever. Plus bumper-to-bumper warranty, plus standard powertrain warranty. The only concerns would be daily wear-and-tear items tires and brakes then right? I can change breaks myself too.

Car registration is coming up in the next few months also. I think it's June.

With this line of thinking vet bills is probably getting to a good point too then? Shots aren't very expensive we use SPCA and it's like $15 for all boosters, emergency fund I'd think would cover a pet... emergency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Veskit posted:

And how much do you think it costs to go to psych visits on top of therapy visits, and why are you double practicing the same type of therapy with your mom? You're going to see the same therapist for you and your mom, you and your wife, and yourself? Also you have to account for your baby costs, wife costs, and of course if poo poo hits the fan costs. Has the labor bill been paid off yet? Slashing your HSA is a horrific idea.

Also gently caress the holding of naysaying, Kill your misc account, your car maintenance fund, and your stupid F you fund which all it's doing is loving your stomach from eating. Two people aren't going to eat well or healthy on 300 dollars of groceries.

No Veskit my wife will probably see the same therapist as my mom I may go see my old psychologist I'm not sure yet.

Mr Money Mustache feeds his family of three at $80/wk and he buys organic. I'm an rear end in a top hat and we don't buy organic (except eggs) and there's two of us. I'm feeling pretty good we can meet that I'm not above eating top ramen every now and then as a snack, plus our meal plan will make stuff cheaper since we're cooking in bulk for a lot of it.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

Knyteguy posted:

With the car it's important to note that we do have a service plan already rolled in the loan including oil changes (synthetic) and all major mileage inspections/whatever. Plus bumper-to-bumper warranty, plus standard powertrain warranty. The only concerns would be daily wear-and-tear items tires and brakes then right? I can change breaks myself too.

Car registration is coming up in the next few months also. I think it's June.

With this line of thinking vet bills is probably getting to a good point too then? Shots aren't very expensive we use SPCA and it's like $15 for all boosters, emergency fund I'd think would cover a pet... emergency.
Oh well then, stop that poo poo. Idk what tires come on a Toyota, but I'm sure they're good for 30-40k at least. Figure $6-700 for a set of tires and an alignment every 50k there after, divide that by your avg miles/year and accrue away.

Pets, you're probably good. Realistically you should use an accrual for normal vet bills and efund for the rest. Isn't that normal wisdom? It makes sense to me at least!

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
OK so can I get some input from anyone really: look for another job and buy a second car starting now, starting x months from now, or stay at my current job?

There's been input I could get a $10,000-20,000 bump plus probably better benefits. I agree with this analysis I have 3 years of professional experience now, compared to 1 when I landed my current position. And that 1 was part time.

e^ alright thanks Sig I'll do some math.

Knyteguy fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 13, 2015

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

SiGmA_X posted:

We give him hell about not planning expenses, and yet you're inverting for this. Car expenses that are known should be planned.

That said, I'm guessing he's roughly at a point where he can stop adding to it until funds are used, oil change every 7-8k, cabin and engine filters annually (dusty environment) or ~20k, brake fluid every 24mo... Otherwise, it's a new car and shouldn't need much.

If that's the case then You could easily put 100 dollars into the fund and replenish as it is used. My thinking though is that is anything really being sacrificed except from savings goals? Doesn't just taking out 100 from the e fund and puting in 100 into the car fund just effectively make it all e fund anyway? Either way planning out car expenses is good and all but the car maintenance fund is kind of a miss on that end especially with the free oil changes and what not.

Knyteguy posted:

No Veskit my wife will probably see the same therapist as my mom I may go see my old psychologist I'm not sure yet.

Mr Money Mustache feeds his family of three at $80/wk and he buys organic. I'm an rear end in a top hat and we don't buy organic (except eggs) and there's two of us. I'm feeling pretty good we can meet that I'm not above eating top ramen every now and then as a snack, plus our meal plan will make stuff cheaper since we're cooking in bulk for a lot of it.

History has not been kind do your 80 dollar a week organic plan. Show me things are different then I guess and I'll stop hounding the point. I think you're setting yourself up to drain your discretionary and restaurant budget with your grocery budget so low.

Also I wasn't clear. When I said psych I mean psychiatrist, who aren't cheap. Either way if you, your wife, and your mom go to therapy weekly at 25 bucks a visit that still ends up being 300 dollars and that's excluding the possibility of having to then visit a psychiatrist, and subsequently paying for all medications. Also seriously what was the baby bill, is it paid, and how much is going to be out of pocket for you?

Knyteguy posted:

OK so can I get some input from anyone really: look for another job and buy a second car starting now, starting x months from now, or stay at my current job?

Start looking for a new job then worry about the rest. If you get an offer then ask again.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

There's been input I could get a $10,000-20,000 bump plus probably better benefits. I agree with this analysis I have 3 years of professional experience now, compared to 1 when I landed my current position. And that 1 was part time.

e^ alright thanks Sig I'll do some math.

Cart before the horse. I know you knew a guy who knew someone who was related to someone that worked at a company that was hiring. And you had a recruiter vaguely talk to you about a position where you would need to move to Florida. But...

I would absolutely start interviewing around to find a better job. You do not need a second car to do this. Worst case scenario take an uber to and from your interview or have your wife use an uber to get to and from work if the car becomes a "complication". However you will probably apply to quite a few jobs and do a handful of phone interviews before it's even an issue. I know programming is "hot" right now, but you're not exactly in the most tech savvy market (maybe I'm wrong?).

If you land an actual job offer, bring it up in the thread and people can talk break-even in terms of commute, extra pay, benefits, etc.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Veskit posted:

If that's the case then You could easily put 100 dollars into the fund and replenish as it is used. My thinking though is that is anything really being sacrificed except from savings goals? Doesn't just taking out 100 from the e fund and puting in 100 into the car fund just effectively make it all e fund anyway? Either way planning out car expenses is good and all but the car maintenance fund is kind of a miss on that end especially with the free oil changes and what not.

History has not been kind do your 80 dollar a week organic plan. Show me things are different then I guess and I'll stop hounding the point. I think you're setting yourself up to drain your discretionary and restaurant budget with your grocery budget so low.

Also I wasn't clear. When I said psych I mean psychiatrist, who aren't cheap. Either way if you, your wife, and your mom go to therapy weekly at 25 bucks a visit that still ends up being 300 dollars and that's excluding the possibility of having to then visit a psychiatrist, and subsequently paying for all medications. Also seriously what was the baby bill, is it paid, and how much is going to be out of pocket for you?

Start looking for a new job then worry about the rest. If you get an offer then ask again.

I think we'll be good on groceries at least this month. May may need $400 not sure yet. I don't feel like we're close to going without or something we had really good St. Louis ribs on Saturday for example.

Baby bill we're still waiting on we're getting some smallish bills but we're still waiting on the big one(s).

Bugamol we don't have Uber here in Reno: http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/201...mpaign=mostRead

One taxi ride to somewhere in town and back I'd probably be looking at $70. Can't take the bus it doesn't run out here.

I think those are all job titles I could feasibly qualify for at the moment (probably more getting even more nicheish):
http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=software+developer&l1=Reno%2C+NV - $77,000
http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=dynamics+ax&l1=Reno%2C+NV - $83,000
http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=mobile+developer&l1=Reno%2C+NV&tm=1 - $83,000
http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=full+stack+developer&l1=Reno%2C+NV&tm=1 - $86,000

Dynamics AX opens more opportunities if I stay at my current place of work as I've mentioned before. I'm scheduled for a convention through later this year that will entail some huge changes. I do think it's something to consider since as you can see it's one of the higher paying of the titles. And it leads to AX Project management/architecture which pays very very well edit 2 for example: http://salary.careerbuilder.com/Dynamics-AX-Solutions-Architect/ - $153,000

e: cut the titles down and displayed the salary next to the link for quicker analysis.

Knyteguy fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 13, 2015

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
I don't know poo poo about tech jobs so I'm not going to bother looking at postings. I say you get your efund up, whore your resume out like it's your job as of today, and work toward a new job ASAP. If you land the job before you have a car, take 1-1.5k out of the efund and pick up a nice* Japanese ecobox.

Do the job hunting first, and then figure out the transportation.

Serious question(/derail) do you wear suits to IT jobs? I wear one a few days a week (usually 4 - by choice) as an accountant so it's expected to wear one for interviews, but in IT it seems people fall over each other to look sloppy as hell...what does this mean for interview attire?

*serviceable, with a clean enough PPI.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

SiGmA_X posted:

I don't know poo poo about tech jobs so I'm not going to bother looking at postings. I say you get your efund up, whore your resume out like it's your job as of today, and work toward a new job ASAP. If you land the job before you have a car, take 1-1.5k out of the efund and pick up a nice* Japanese ecobox.

Do the job hunting first, and then figure out the transportation.

Serious question(/derail) do you wear suits to IT jobs? I wear one a few days a week (usually 4 - by choice) as an accountant so it's expected to wear one for interviews, but in IT it seems people fall over each other to look sloppy as hell...what does this mean for interview attire?

*serviceable, with a clean enough PPI.

Just salary data not job postings.

I'm not so worried about getting to and from the job since it would instantly be a justifiable expense as stated. I'm more concerned about getting to interviews since my wife's schedule is erratic from week to week.

Interview attire I just wore slacks with a belt, oxfords, and a button up last time. I have a nice suit that I'd like to wear but I think it'd be considered overdressed yes.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
OK I apologize for all the posts in a row, but deciding to look for another job is a big thing and I'm pretty lost.

I could probably swing this or similar:
http://www.careerbuilder.com/jobseeker/jobs/jobdetails.aspx?showNewJDP=yes&Job_DID=J3K39077QT6NLF0ZX01

I have a contact with the recruiter already as they've contacted me in the past.

And then a potential future in this: http://www.careerbuilder.com/jobseeker/jobs/jobdetails.aspx?showNewJDP=yes&Job_DID=J3H0196TX6PKJW1RQ8X

That's one of the reasons I keep mentioning staying at my job could be prudent. This is my day job right now (mostly).

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
If you honestly believe you can pull in a job making $100k-$130k a year and you're sitting on your rear end making $60kish or whatever right now. I mean. Go get that job. I don't understand how it's even a question. You could potentially double your income.

I don't know enough about your job market to know how competitive a job like that would be or if you even qualify, but if you qualify there is literally no reason you shouldn't be applying to try and get yourself a 60-110% raise.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

SiGmA_X posted:

At my company in Austin, we have a very casual day to day dress code for R&D employees--marketing and sales are different, but I'm a software project manager and today I'm wearing a metal band t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. That said, we always expect our invite candidates to wear business formal attire if they interview with us. Once you start the job, it's far more relaxed..

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Bugamol posted:

If you honestly believe you can pull in a job making $100k-$130k a year and you're sitting on your rear end making $60kish or whatever right now. I mean. Go get that job. I don't understand how it's even a question. You could potentially double your income.

I don't know enough about your job market to know how competitive a job like that would be or if you even qualify, but if you qualify there is literally no reason you shouldn't be applying to try and get yourself a 60-110% raise.

I think I'd have a shot. I don't think it'd be a for sure thing. However I do have 2 years of experience with that stuff... so, maybe I could I don't know. My boss didn't originally plan to teach me this stuff because he said he could never keep me, but necessity meant that I ended up doing billable work for it. He bills my time @ $150/hr when we work with clients (admittedly more rare lately as our main client just covers my salary and benefits). As far as competition frankly most developer code I've seen in these multi-million-to-billion dollar companies is pretty poo poo. But the job isn't just about code of course.

Yea alright I'll dust off the old resume. Maybe I could get something like that. I'm not going to be cocky that's a lot of money (really I think what I make is a lot of money). I'll see what happens though. Worst case scenario is I stay at my current place for a longer period and better my skills to get a job like that in my 30s which was kind of my plan.

But for real low expectations and my main focus is going to be spending habits I don't want to get my or anyone elses hopes up or something stupid.

lord1234
Oct 1, 2008
Dust off your old resume? WTF...update the drat thing! Polish it. Share it here for our review! Hell even consider paying the money for the SA Mart resume review! If you are being underpaid by 40k in the software industry, you are RETARDED not to look. However, this is where its going to become tough. You are currently making so low, that they will ask how much you make, and you will tell them(and lie by 10k) so you might see a 20k raise. Seeing a 40k raise in the software industry is pretty rare short of moving from point A to B. However, you also could easily tell the recruiter that you make 70k and get a jump to 80k. This would still be a significant improvement in your life.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

lord1234 posted:

However, this is where its going to become tough. You are currently making so low, that they will ask how much you make, and you will tell them

...that this is confidential information, so that you don't give them all the negotiating power by knowing both what you make and what they were willing to offer you before realizing they can now lowball you.

If they ask you to name a desired salary first, that's where things get more tricky. You want to shoot higher than you were hoping to get, but not to the point of being laughed out and rejected all together. They'll only come down from the number you give, so don't start with your actual goal salary. Start higher.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Why are you looking at jobs in other cities/states when half of your posts have been about not wanting to move/wanting to live as close to your family as possible? Also Boston is one of the most expensive cities in the US, so I'd imagine if you're having trouble with debt in Reno, Boston might not be a great idea.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
If you can't stick to a budget in Reno, What makes you think you will be able to stick to a budget in a much more expensive city? Going out is just that much worse on the nights you don't want to cook.

Let me tell you about buying food in Seattle. Can't buy a loving hotdog at lunch with out spending $10 in downtown ffs.

John Smith
Feb 26, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Knyteguy posted:

Dogs has way more income and available money each month than we do. Plus we have an emergency fund prioritized rather than debt payoff. We could practically get the car out from underwater or pay off both my student loans right now. Please stop comparing.

But you are the one who reaffirmed your lofty goals to me. I asked if your goals were more modest in nature. You replied that you wanted to try out for the State track team, rather than just walking 3 miles without collapsing.

Well, if you wanna try out for State, you gonna cut out the morning's donuts *AND* stop chomping down an entire pizza. Increase your efforts or cut back your goals. Your current level of effort is incompatible with your stated goals.

[BFC loves Dogs and you equally. There are no favourites. :)]

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

SpelledBackwards posted:

If they ask you to name a desired salary first, that's where things get more tricky. You want to shoot higher than you were hoping to get, but not to the point of being laughed out and rejected all together. They'll only come down from the number you give, so don't start with your actual goal salary. Start higher.

Q: How much do you make?
A: That's a great question. As you can see from my CV, I have significant experience in X, Y, and Z, so I'm looking for a salary commensurate with my qualifications.

Q: What's your desired salary?
A: Honestly, right now what I'm most concerned with is fit; a great salary is available almost anywhere, so my priority is making sure that the culture and environment of this company is a match with mine.

Q: No really, how much do you want?
A: You're in a much better place to tell me how much I'm worth to your organization.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I recall a goon here a while back offering to help Knyteguy do some mock interviews. How did that go?

If Knyteguy actually follows through with a mock interview, I would be willing to review and provide feedback on a resume, and maybe, MAYBE if there is motivation on Knyteguy's part I would do some more in depth coaching on interview skills (not the technical stuff because its not my background, but I'm sure he needs whatever help he will take).

As someone who went from making $60k to $120k in a ~12-18 month timeframe, I understand the opportunity and the challenge.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Mango that was Cicero who gave me the mock interview which was very helpful. I think about what I learned from that often. On the technical side I know what I have to do. I'd absolutely appreciate some resume input. Plus more information on your experience moving from $60k -> $120k would be really interesting as well. Any help anyone is willing to offer I'd be extremely appreciative of.

I'm not necessarily looking to move everyone, and especially not to expensive cities. I'm posting these as examples mostly. There is some remote work in this industry. I RDP into the corporate office in TX every day for example.

Here's a job posting I just found in Dallas which isn't too expensive right?

2 years experience required that's what I've got...

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm pretty motivated now that I'm seeing jobs like this that I feel I can compete for. I thought I was looking at a $7k raise or something by moving jobs; nothing like this.

e: clarity

Knyteguy fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 14, 2015

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Oh and I'm thinking of making an offer on this for $800: http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/4978217364.html

It's probably going to be sold quickly. Anyone have input? 120,000 miles it seems like a steal. But I also don't want to jump into something.

Knyteguy fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 14, 2015

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Why in the everliving gently caress are you even looking at cars.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Veskit posted:

Why in the everliving gently caress are you even looking at cars.

My sister who is driving me to work and picking me up is giving me some big hints (she keeps sending me cars including the one I posted). If I walk or ride she has to work potentially an hour longer. If not she has to at least pick me up and drive me home.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Knyteguy posted:

My sister who is driving me to work and picking me up is giving me some big hints (she keeps sending me cars including the one I posted). If I walk or ride she has to work potentially an hour longer. If not she has to at least pick me up and drive me home.

You have a bike, you have an underwater car, you can't maintain a budget and you can't afford a car. It's really simple, you can't afford a car. Stop looking at cars.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Veskit posted:

You have a bike, you have an underwater car, you can't maintain a budget and you can't afford a car. It's really simple, you can't afford a car. Stop looking at cars.

45 minute bike ride (5 miles through hilly neighborhood), 45 minute walk (3 miles on the highway). One way. 4 days a week that's potentially 4 hours extra my sister has to work and she's not liking picking me up every day. I don't want a car I think I need a car. It's not a matter of character right now it's a matter of time. I'm trying to work with what I've got right now.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Wait wait wait, why does your sister need to pick you up if you have a bike you can ride to and from work I'm so confused.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Either PM me your resume or a link to same, or just post a link here in the thread.
I personally think formatting is important, so just posting the text would probably not be sufficient to do a full review (I have seen a LOT of interesting formatting lately).

Have you memorized and mastered responses to the Google Interview questions yet? If not, get on that. If you practice those kinds of questions, your actual interviews will be much easier.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Veskit posted:

Wait wait wait, why does your sister need to pick you up if you have a bike you can ride to and from work I'm so confused.

She's our babysitter (only 1 sister). So if I ride my bike or walk from work she has to watch 2 newborns nearly an hour longer every day while I get home.

I wouldn't be considering it if it wasn't affecting her as both my sister and our babysitter.

Ultimate Mango posted:

Either PM me your resume or a link to same, or just post a link here in the thread.
I personally think formatting is important, so just posting the text would probably not be sufficient to do a full review (I have seen a LOT of interesting formatting lately).

Have you memorized and mastered responses to the Google Interview questions yet? If not, get on that. If you practice those kinds of questions, your actual interviews will be much easier.

Alright cool, thanks a lot. I can't find my actual editable resume so I may have to start from scratch. I spent as much time as I could last night on getting resume info together (projects etc), but I had the baby by myself all night. Tonight I should have some more time to get things rolling.

No I haven't on the Google questions. Being Google though I'm sure they're extremely technical, so I'll try working them out on the whiteboard to see where I stand at the moment. Thanks for the idea.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Knyteguy posted:

She's our babysitter (only 1 sister). So if I ride my bike or walk from work she has to watch 2 newborns nearly an hour longer every day while I get home.

I wouldn't be considering it if it wasn't affecting her as both my sister and our babysitter.

loving

Knyteguy everyone.

Robo Boogie Bot
Sep 4, 2011

Knyteguy posted:

45 minute bike ride (5 miles through hilly neighborhood), 45 minute walk (3 miles on the highway). One way. 4 days a week that's potentially 4 hours extra my sister has to work and she's not liking picking me up every day. I don't want a car I think I need a car. It's not a matter of character right now it's a matter of time. I'm trying to work with what I've got right now.

This is why everyone pleaded with you to work out the *exact* details, and generate a babysitting contact with your sister. You cannot afford another car, period. You're either going to have to pay your sister for the additional time or just work out a better system of ride sharing with your wife.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
I thought the whole point of you moving to where you moved was because you only needed one car.

I would do some serious math on cost of babysitting + cost of second card / insurance / maintenance / registration / etc. versus how much your wife is really "taking home" from working before you buy a second card.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
No guys, see, childcare won't be expensive because my wife's sister will help out!

one month later
Hey guys, so we're paying her to watch the kid but it's not that much.

two months later
Hey guys, so I need to buy a car

*punches wall with head*

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Veskit posted:

loving

Knyteguy everyone.

Well shoot man give me an alternative. I don't feel like I'm being unreasonable. I just posted a 1995 Ford Escort ffs. It's not exactly my dream car.

Robo Boogie Bot posted:

This is why everyone pleaded with you to work out the *exact* details, and generate a babysitting contact with your sister. You cannot afford another car, period. You're either going to have to pay your sister for the additional time or just work out a better system of ride sharing with your wife.

My wife's work is a poo poo show and they're changing her schedule daily. More so than any other time. It's causing us huge problems beyond even just the ride situation right now.

She's also going to revamp her resume but it won't be a quick thing to change.

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006
I choo choo choooose you!

Knyteguy posted:

Are you saying you didn't know what time you typically get home when you talked to your sister about time frames?

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

OneWhoKnows posted:

Are you saying you didn't know what time you typically get home when you talked to your sister about time frames?
Nah, he just assumed that everything would work out perfectly since that's how the world normally works. You know, like that one bumper sticker says, poo poo Never Happens

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Hey everyone I hosed around for over a year in this thread, and listened to everyone's advice. that doesn't mean I retained any of it or executed even a quarter of what you said, but I listened god damnit. I'm not being unreasonable I'm just trying to fix a situation that I made by myself with NONE of your help so loving help me out guys gently caress.

My sister is getting angry guys! What was, well not was we can't go back in the past, what AM i supposed to do?!?!

April
Jul 3, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

So once again, a situation that you've known about for months is suddenly an emergency requiring a large outlay of cash.

Never change, KG.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I DONT EVEN WANT THIS PIECE OF poo poo CAR GUYS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Bugamol posted:

I thought the whole point of you moving to where you moved was because you only needed one car.

I would do some serious math on cost of babysitting + cost of second card / insurance / maintenance / registration / etc. versus how much your wife is really "taking home" from working before you buy a second card.

Nah no way we're still about 2 weeks ahead considering insurance and HSA. Plus her staying home would hurt her future earning potential.

OneWhoKnows posted:

My wife's schedule keeps changing that's kind of the problem. Instead of 7 hour days she's working 8 hour days (randomly with little notice). Or longer.

We talked about transcription again this morning, but I think she got bummed out from getting rejected from the big company who does it.

• Locked thread