Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucky Samurai
Oct 4, 2011

Being jaded about something is so cool. You're just as useless as everybody else, but you get to be irritating and bitter about it.
Anyone on PC right now? I'm in the steam chat group

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hey is there still a grenade that you have to use your entire body

Or did they change the text description so that it's not as fantastic as that

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Obsurveyor posted:

The videos are going to be excellent once someone figures out the address for credits and people start spawning tons of giant mechs all over the map.
Just go the the pointers section of the table and lock "Current Ammo Clip" to something like 20.

Unfortunately, you can only have a maximum of 3 vehicles out at any time. Call in a 4th and the first one just explodes.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they've ever gotten rid of weapons that were in any previous games, just added more.

Edit: I think they shifted some ranger weapons off to the air raider class bug is the fencer class an all new arsenal? Before 4 came out I wondered if the heaviest ranger weapons would end up in the fencer class but that's not how it went.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jul 26, 2016

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they've ever gotten rid of weapons that were in any previous games, just added more.

I think they got rid of the pulsar shot series of particle guns. They were basically a double strength for their level Ixion that only worked on robots.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

T.G. Xarbala posted:

If you mean the running start long toss grenades, yes. Look for "Long range grenade" or some such in the description. I THINK it's The DNG # grenades. Shame as amazing as they are, it's nearly impossible to land anywhere near your targets compared to spamming launchers.

EDIT: *Ant corpses rocket into orbit* Yup, DNG grenades.

Is there any more manly way for Ranger to blow themselves up while an Ant is biting you than the DNG grenades, on that note? You still make the running start yell before you do it :3:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 26, 2016

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Oh man, the NPC troopers sing different versions of the EDF song as you progress through the game.

The lyrics take a pretty dark turn later on... :smith:

Two days ago my brother died next day my lover fell
Today most everyone was killed on that we must not dwell
But we will never leave the field we'll never say farewell
The EDF Deploys!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How do you get to the next line anyway? My control-wheel only has 1-1.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

The Lone Badger posted:

How do you get to the next line anyway? My control-wheel only has 1-1.
That's just the shortcut wheel. The actual chat macro interface is accessed by the D-pad on a controller but I have no idea about mouse and keyboard.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

ChickenHeart posted:

Oh man, the NPC troopers sing different versions of the EDF song as you progress through the game.

The EDF Deploys!

There are a surprising amount of small details like this for a game where you can level entire blocks with a single shot.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jul 26, 2016

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

That's just the shortcut wheel. The actual chat macro interface is accessed by the D-pad on a controller but I have no idea about mouse and keyboard.

Someone earlier said arrow keys

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm getting reminded about the worst part about dragons. It's not that they fly, breath fire, or that there are lots of them... Well, I guess how many of them there are makes my issue with them stand out.

"Welp I've killed literally 100 of these things and they have dropped about four armor boxes."

Getting nickle and dimed to death as you point your weapon out of the mountain of dragon corpses lining the streets and alleyways is a real frustrating way to go.

Well that and how using explosives around them is generally suicidal once they reach critical mass, which is more 'But explosives are more FUN!" than any issues killing them.

Assault rifles, shotguns, flamethrowers, acid spray, killing them is easy. The hard part is when you're in an endurance match and the RNG just tells you yo go gently caress yourself because these guys are more stingy with drops than black ants, and flying often catapults the boxes out of convenient immediate reach even when they do drop anything.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Section Z posted:

I'm getting reminded about the worst part about dragons. It's not that they fly, breath fire, or that there are lots of them... Well, I guess how many of them there are makes my issue with them stand out.

"Welp I've killed literally 100 of these things and they have dropped about four armor boxes."

Getting nickle and dimed to death as you point your weapon out of the mountain of dragon corpses lining the streets and alleyways is a real frustrating way to go.

Well that and how using explosives around them is generally suicidal once they reach critical mass, which is more 'But explosives are more FUN!" than any issues killing them.

Assault rifles, shotguns, flamethrowers, acid spray, killing them is easy. The hard part is when you're in an endurance match and the RNG just tells you yo go gently caress yourself because these guys are more stingy with drops than black ants, and flying often catapults the boxes out of convenient immediate reach even when they do drop anything.

Yeah. Honestly, this is why I just cheated my armor up to 4000 on all the characters. Now it's just a matter of a quick Hard playthrough then finding some friends for Hardest and Inferno.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

ChickenHeart posted:

The EDF Deploys!

A-aw... :smith:

All the more reason for MAXIMUM FIREPOWER I suppose.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Best tip I've heard of for dragons on city maps is to wedge yourself between two buildings with a small gap. This makes it so only so many of them can be right in your face at one time, hopefully. Some buildings work better than others.

I can tell you that the little tunnels under the big bridge are only semi dragon-proof, they can sometimes clip their necks through and grab you from the road.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I need way more armour. Does a box from Hardest difficulty have more effect than a box from Normal/Hard?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

The Lone Badger posted:

I need way more armour. Does a box from Hardest difficulty have more effect than a box from Normal/Hard?
Nope, they're all the same so grind armor on easy.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Light Gun Man posted:

Best tip I've heard of for dragons on city maps is to wedge yourself between two buildings with a small gap. This makes it so only so many of them can be right in your face at one time, hopefully. Some buildings work better than others.

I can tell you that the little tunnels under the big bridge are only semi dragon-proof, they can sometimes clip their necks through and grab you from the road.

Yeah, "Monster Party" doesn't have any conveniently nearby subway station platforms visible from the Start. When I get back at it I may bring a sniper rifle just to pull stuff towards the middling tall buildings by the start rather than have to hang my rear end out in the open to get their atttion, watch the NPCs jump in the ditch rather than take the bridge, and it spawn more while I'm trying to wrangle them back to the alleyways :v:

I remember this and "Dropships that spits out dragons on the opposite side of the map" being my two big sticking points when I played 2025. Again, mostly because dragons just seem to have abysmal loot rates for maximum war of attrition, rather than difficulty killing dragons themselves. Maybe I'll just finally drop back down to Normal to get it over with then bump it back up to hard if I still can't cut it with 1,000 health soldier mans not seeing a single big heal box the whole time, after a few more tries later.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jul 26, 2016

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Are there any particularly good cheese/farming levels for the level 90+ equipment? I finished everything on normal/hard, but I'm still getting swiss cheesed in seconds in inferno.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Mission 30 on Hardest is the gateway to hell.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Is 30 the one where you load in a sealed cave and have nowhere to go and tons of spiders and ants spawn?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Potato Salad posted:

Is 30 the one where you load in a sealed cave and have nowhere to go and tons of spiders and ants spawn?

No, that's the next one. 30 is where you do a long gauntlet to discover the penultimate wave to be composed of all types of ants.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Anyone on? I'll be in the steamgroup/mumble if any nerds are down to shoot bugs.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

my buddy and i are having real trouble beating level 22 (a trap) which is the level where youre swarmed in a huge underground hole. the jumping spiders get us almost every time. what are some good tactics? (wing diver and air raider)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Playing online gets way easier with more than 2 people because the difficulty is scaled to having 4.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Omi no Kami posted:

Are there any particularly good cheese/farming levels for the level 90+ equipment? I finished everything on normal/hard, but I'm still getting swiss cheesed in seconds in inferno.

Death Queen is a super easy farming level that will drop up to l90, but not higher.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

ChickenHeart posted:

The EDF Deploys!

Never fear, they're still badasses.

A legendary hero will soon lead us to glory,
8 years ago he sunk the mothership says history!
Tomorrow we will follow this brave soul to victory;
The EDF deploys!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Those little EDF guys never, ever give up. :unsmith:

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
Charge Phase 1 and 2 on Hardest are tricky as hell. The fact that Phase 3 is piss-easy makes it all the more welcome.

Volatile Napalm D is your friend.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Volatile Napalm D is amazing.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
What's the best weapon for dealing with flying gunships (both vanilla and red) on Inferno with Wing Diver? It seems like most of my homing weapons suck so I just use the plasma launcher that shoots 30 plasma balls horizontally into swarms of them, but it gets risky if they get too close to me.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

A high-level Thunder Bow one-shots them in Inferno, I think. Good damage, good range, capacity...and the bullet spread is perfect for clipping fast enemies. It is skeet shooting.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is there a fast way to destroy webs or do I need Hardest-tier weapons? I feel obligated to destroy every neabry building so those spiders won't build another web that takes forever to destroy.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You know if Cheat Engine didn't exist, it would be pretty helpful to know that the game keeps running while you're alt-tabbed out of an easy AFK armor run.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Scalding Coffee posted:

Is there a fast way to destroy webs or do I need Hardest-tier weapons? I feel obligated to destroy every neabry building so those spiders won't build another web that takes forever to destroy.

Webs are often more durable than the actual Retarius spiders themselves. Also I wanna say their health scales with how big they are? In levels with wildly different web sizes, small ones crammed in alleyways pop quite fast while city block spanning webs take more sustained firepower to kill than multiple ant queens would.

#63 Breaking through, is a good example of this. Normal sized webs can be somewhat reasonably destroyed with heavy sustained firepower, tiny alley webs pop fast, and the ones stretching across half the level take longer to destroy than it would to just say gently caress it and clear the level.

Wanna kill myself for how long it takes to break webs in the wild like in mountain pass trap. Thank god they can't shoot their webs at you straight through entire mountains with no line of sight anymore. Just over mountain tops hoping to catch you with the downswing, THEN clipping :shepface:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 26, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Section Z posted:

Webs are often more durable than the actual Retarius spiders themselves. Also I wanna say their health scales with how big they are? In levels with wildly different web sizes, small ones crammed in alleyways pop quite fast while city block spanning webs take more sustained firepower to kill than multiple ant queens would.

#63 Breaking through, is a good example of this. Normal sized webs can be somewhat reasonably destroyed with heavy sustained firepower, tiny alley webs pop fast, and the ones stretching across half the level take longer to destroy than it would to just say gently caress it and clear the level.

Wanna kill myself for how long it takes to break webs in the wild like in mountain pass trap. Thank god they can't shoot their webs at you straight through entire mountains with no line of sight anymore. Just over mountain tops hoping to catch you with the downswing, THEN clipping :shepface:

my air raider buddy just brought Charon's strafing run and popped that on the biggest webs. not overkill.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Night10194 posted:

Those little EDF guys never, ever give up. :unsmith:

They're so goshdarned dumb. It's less an army than a gaggle of endearing but simpleminded school children. Gotta look out for 'em. :shobon:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
*30 seconds into mission*

I CAN'T FIND MY BULLETS

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Man, I didn't have any issues because as per usual I had a rocket launcher. But that last shield bearer way out out in the middle of the water in #78 you still need to kill to complete the mission would be a real dick move for anyone who finished cleaning up everything else with closer range toys.

Coolguye posted:

my air raider buddy just brought Charon's strafing run and popped that on the biggest webs. not overkill.

Scorched Earth Defense Force :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My favorite line happened today while fighting some Hectors
"USE BULLETS. TRUST ME!"

Also, how am I supposed to use any other weapon now that I have a loving laser chainsaw. Sure, my med-range lightning cannon is an absolute murder machine but does not have enough style points.