Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So is there any reason at all to buy the first game now? Like for story/lore reasons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Deakul posted:

So is there any reason at all to buy the first game now? Like for story/lore reasons?

No.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I've managed to unlearn everything in Titanfall 2 on how to play go when I went to vote. Lost a game 500 to 290.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Also it's important to note that you can shoot through your own player/tone shield and it amps damage.

Only the orange Amped Wall pilot shield increases damage. Tones' Particle Wall and the Hard Cover boost do not.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Ularg posted:

I've managed to unlearn everything in Titanfall 2 on how to play go when I went to vote. Lost a game 500 to 290.

Sounds like you're just about ready to be my wingman, then. I need somebody better than me watching my back.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

All shields cannot be penetrated by any weapons from the opposing team. In the case of the Player shields, the shields themselves will stop an unlimited amount of damage for 15 seconds UNLESS their base generator (which is a small target at the bottom) is blown up.

For Titan shields, they generally have a hard time limit and an amount of damage they can stop before breaking. They completely stop all damage until they hit that limit, though.

I'm 95% sure this is incorrect; I believe the shields are one-way, they don't care about who dropped them. Try not to get caught on the wrong side of your own shield.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Deakul posted:

You could see how kickass the maps were, but otherwise not really

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

Lemming posted:

I'm 95% sure this is incorrect; I believe the shields are one-way, they don't care about who dropped them. Try not to get caught on the wrong side of your own shield.

This is true. I have traded places with someone post-shield-deployment and salvo'ed off the front of my own shield and had none go through (and killed myself with the splash)

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Just hear this line and you're covered on the TF1 story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QbU2Qy2Sg&t=327s

And for some lore, here's a tale - In MP every now and again you could start a game in a titan with 100% uptime maphack and go like 40-0

teh_Broseph fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 8, 2016

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Lemming posted:

Ok, I edited my wrong post then.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

teh_Broseph posted:

Just hear this line and you're covered on the TF1 story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QbU2Qy2Sg&t=327s

And for some lore, here's a tale - In MP every now and again you could start a game in a titan with 100% uptime maphack and go like 40-0

I miss the talky-face-comm windows. :(

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
Jesus christ, I have no idea what's going on today but I got like three or even four levels and only won a single match, might have been two. We just keep getting stomped no matter what.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I miss the Titanfall 1 embark animations. That 3rd person thing Titanfall 2 does just doesn't feel the same...

Also I would love to have a bunch of TF1 maps converted over to TF2.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Nalin posted:

I miss the Titanfall 1 embark animations. That 3rd person thing Titanfall 2 does just doesn't feel the same...

Also I would love to have a bunch of TF1 maps converted over to TF2.
I miss all the animations being first person really. Executing/being executed in first person was loving awesome. That combined with the lack of friendly AI on modes other than Attrition I kinda feel like TF2's MP, despite being a better game overall, loses a lot of the charm the first game's MP had.

teh_Broseph posted:

100% maphack uptime you say?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_K1RHkOx14
Man, watching this video makes me cringe at how little I wall-run in it. In my defense I was getting back into the grove after not playing Titanfall in a long time. Also bring back accelerator chaingun on Stryder chassis thanks.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Ledenko posted:

Jesus christ, I have no idea what's going on today but I got like three or even four levels and only won a single match, might have been two. We just keep getting stomped no matter what.

I've noticed a definite falloff in matchmaker quality later at night. Pre-10:00PM I generally get decent matches. The later it gets, the worse the quality gets. If I'm dumb enough to pull a late-nighter, by midnight it's all stacked one-sided stomps and guys named [DETH]KiLlErNinja1995 clowning the entire enemy team.

Just not enough players to work with, I imagine.

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

I've noticed a definite falloff in matchmaker quality later at night. Pre-10:00PM I generally get decent matches. The later it gets, the worse the quality gets. If I'm dumb enough to pull a late-nighter, by midnight it's all stacked one-sided stomps and guys named [DETH]KiLlErNinja1995 clowning the entire enemy team.

Just not enough players to work with, I imagine.

Try changing your regions, I default to the Utah server and noticed at night and on weekends the player base was bad, swapped to the Dallas server which has like 3 ping difference and got a much larger and diverse player pool.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Wang posted:

Try changing your regions, I default to the Utah server and noticed at night and on weekends the player base was bad, swapped to the Dallas server which has like 3 ping difference and got a much larger and diverse player pool.

Wow, that's exactly what server I'm on. Thank you! I will do that.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

Wang posted:

Now that I know that, I'm definitely gonna try that. It didn't help that I kept going against names that stomped us before.

This was probably asked before, but how does Titdrop 1 compare to 2? Is it worth playing?

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013
I really like to have the dash with Scorch to help me stay on someone's rear end with my flame shield out. This is especially useful if I can sneak up behind a Legion.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8v8 is a really fun playlist, wish it had more people in it

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Sounds like you're just about ready to be my wingman, then. I need somebody better than me watching my back.

Let's try getting in some matches tonight then. You party lead though since I think the game finally is putting me with the sweaties.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
How the hell is everyone getting titans at like 30 seconds into the match on attrition...do I just have to wait till I'm level 30 or something?

Also what did you guys say was th goon network?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Med School posted:

How the hell is everyone getting titans at like 30 seconds into the match on attrition...do I just have to wait till I'm level 30 or something?

Also what did you guys say was th goon network?

Kill lots of things, like AI things. And LLJK is the goon network

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

I thought I was seeing things while I was ejecting when the screen displayed Till all are one. Apparently, these Titans are more than meets the eye.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Ledenko posted:

This was probably asked before, but how does Titdrop 1 compare to 2? Is it worth playing?

If you can find enough people playing and you ignore the opportunity cost of time that could be spent playing TFall 2...yeah I guess? TFall 1 didn't stop being an amazing game just because the new game came out. But at the moment I can't see much reason to go back to the old when the new is available. The few things that it did a little better don't outweigh all the great stuff they added.

And as much as I liked the "campaign multiplayer" they kinda gimped it with an update that cut out the mission briefings in the lobby and messed with some other stuff. If you're just looking for story you'd be better off watching a video like this one.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I kind of want to try a gimmick match where we all have fire shurikens and toss them at titans. Four people should be able to outright kill a stryder class with shurikens alone.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Grappling hook only match

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

There's a ps4 pro patch right?

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Dear Respawn purty pls remove the loving lame giant target on your back for stealing a battery the risk/reward is fine without it, and let me shoot while grappling so I don't feel (as?) gimped taking it. Well or just give everyone grapple all the time.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

teh_Broseph posted:

Dear Respawn purty pls remove the loving lame giant target on your back for stealing a battery the risk/reward is fine without it, and let me shoot while grappling so I don't feel (as?) gimped taking it. Well or just give everyone grapple all the time.

Yeah I really don't know why you can't shoot while Grappling. It's kind of dumb really. I wanted to feel like an action hero.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Count Bleck posted:

Yeah I really don't know why you can't shoot while Grappling. It's kind of dumb really. I wanted to feel like an action hero.

AHhh he got me with his wire ting!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I love Tone but needed a change and find Legion boring, Northstar fun but occasionally too finnicky to play, Ion ineffectual (I'm just bad with her) and Ronin... well, yeah, so I tried Scorch.

Holy poo poo you guys Scorch is great when the stars align and all his abilities click. The damage he does is just insane and melting people with flame shield is brutal.

His gun is great too, pop it into a room where a pilot is and smell the crispy bacon frying. Mm-mm.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Songbearer posted:

I love Tone but needed a change and find Legion boring, Northstar fun but occasionally too finnicky to play, Ion ineffectual (I'm just bad with her) and Ronin... well, yeah, so I tried Scorch.

Holy poo poo you guys Scorch is great when the stars align and all his abilities click. The damage he does is just insane and melting people with flame shield is brutal.

His gun is great too, pop it into a room where a pilot is and smell the crispy bacon frying. Mm-mm.

The best part is that Flame Core goes across the ground and right under Legion's shield. :getin:

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

don't you dare start your loving happy hour match 30 seconds before happy hour, that's not happy hour, we refuse to give you credits :colbert:

thankfully i had a colliseum ticket as i literally had enough time to play a single match before work

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

teh_Broseph posted:

I just realized today that if you're cloaked and carrying a battery titans will just see a floating glowing green canister. :aslol:

Also it sucks that Crash Site has people starting on the ground and I kinda miss Burn Cards.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I've not had a single win out of the 15 matches I've played tonight.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Crash Site not having an intro automatically makes it the worst map regardless of how bad some other maps can be :colbert:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Ularg posted:

I've not had a single win out of the 15 matches I've played tonight.

Has it boosted you into the MLG league or just bad balancing?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
My enemies, I've not seen anyone teabag at all let alone this much until tonight. I'm always the top of my team with a level 1 dmr.

Can't even find AI to shoot on attrition

Ularg fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

In Training posted:

8v8 is a really fun playlist, wish it had more people in it

I like it because it actually feels like I have people to shoot. Also, I have no idea what the gently caress im doing when I try to anti-titan stuff as a Pilot.

That being said. Stealing someone's battery is one of the most exciting things to do in the game especially when you get away with it. I am still trying to figure out what I should do when the pilot decides to eject. I guess you jump off, but then you have the pilot and the auto-titan to deal with.