Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Namtab posted:

I would like people to enjoy wrestling, and stop trying to recreate the console wars with their fave corpo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Namtab posted:

I would like people to enjoy wrestling, and stop trying to recreate the console wars with their fave corpo

Good luck, the games forum still has weirdos trying to perpetuate that poo poo.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

If you wanna light someone up for liking the bad people company go ahead just be funny imo

Once you start posting about how you haven’t seen this poster before and whinging about perfidious outsiders you’re going down the dark path of the megathread meltdown

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
WWE is the X Box of wrestling companies.
AEW is Playstation.

Now fight.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Could the mods rename the Wrestlemania thread to something like "WWE Weeklies/PPV: DDTs of Our Lives" and add a rule of the thread being for shows discussion only?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i think we should ban the posters who accuse other posters of loving rape because they are watching RAW or Smackdown

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

i don't think the posters who point out that supporting wwe directly supports a man accused of sex trafficking is the problem. I think supporting WWE which is still run by a lot of folks who were directly involved in covering up the sex trafficking is the problem.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Agreed, not because they're wrong but we should be pushing people to develop new material. The canned phrases are sad

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Mr Hootington posted:

Could the mods rename the Wrestlemania thread to something like "WWE Weeklies/PPV: DDTs of Our Lives" and add a rule of the thread being for shows discussion only?

Sure, sounds reasonable to me.

Namtab posted:

TheSwizzler posted:

If you wanna light someone up for liking the bad people company go ahead just be funny imo

Once you start posting about how you haven’t seen this poster before and whinging about perfidious outsiders you’re going down the dark path of the megathread meltdown

I agree with these. There has been some bland trolling and disruptions in the thread (and worse that I've been doing my best to curtail) but nothing good comes from out-of-context accusations and bandying about potentially-triggering language. You can use the existing WWE thread for jokes and pointing out silly/bad poo poo in the product and even more serious news stories related to the promotion, but please keep major discussion of the lawsuit and related to the appropriate thread if just for Content Warning reasons, and please don't attack people randomly. And, yeah, try and at least be funny. There's a line between banter and attacks that I think has been crossed a little too often. Thanks, all.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Agreed, not because they're wrong but we should be pushing people to develop new material. The canned phrases are sad

Also true

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Shard posted:

i don't think the posters who point out that supporting wwe directly supports a man accused of sex trafficking is the problem. I think supporting WWE which is still run by a lot of folks who were directly involved in covering up the sex trafficking is the problem.

Didn’t you literally own stock in WWE and/or TKO like a few months ago lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

illcendiary posted:

you're right about that. and i'll say that was my supporting wwe with wanting to get some money out of the situation. I've sold it now and don't plan to buy it again. But you are right and I was wrong for doing it.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I’m glad you made money out of wwe and have pivoted into moral crusading after the fact

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Are you kidding me

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i don’t think we should have to “play ball” with posters who are only here to stir things up.

the posters who saw the anger surrounding the sex trafficking lawsuit as an “opportunity” to troll are the ones who should be punished imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i really dont think watching wwe in the wwe thread for discussing wwe is trolling

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i really dont think watching wwe in the wwe thread for discussing wwe is trolling

i don’t think i said that it was

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i don’t think i said that it was

Yes you did and you implied I was a pedophile yesterday

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i don’t think we should have to “play ball” with posters who are only here to stir things up.

Pull up

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

Yes you did and you implied I was a pedophile yesterday

i did neither of those things, but i apologize if you took my post about other forum psychos personally

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Whatever. There is a separate thread now for talking about the shows. There is no reason we should start this crap again.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

JUNGLE BOY posted:

where are they coming from

is there a rape enthusiast discord?

disgusting post

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

Whatever. There is a separate thread now for talking about the shows. There is no reason we should start this crap again.

agreed! there always has been a separate thread for earnest discussion about wwe. we told you about that several times but im glad you've found it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

disgusting post

i genuinely didn't know where posters who had never posted about wrestling before were coming from to cause trouble here. i was honestly confused about what was happening and made a joke about it. someone has since pointed out that you and hoot are discussing what goes on in this forum in CSPAM and complaining about it for multiple pages and random posters from that thread are showing up here to say dumb poo poo.

i genuinely didn't know that kind of stuff still happened on SA since helldump closed but if that's what brings you joy go for it

i don't post outside of this forum so i don't know about the weirdos and weird culture beyond these walls

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They're talking about the psycho reregs, not everything is about hoot

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the posters who saw the anger surrounding the sex trafficking lawsuit as an “opportunity” to troll are the ones who should be punished imo

I agree! I've been trying my best to crack down on that when it comes up and I hope that's coming across. People watching isn't an inherent issue, but lazily trolling people for caring about the lawsuit is, and I'm extremely anti-Handing It To Em.

Also, yeah, I think there's some miscommunication here. There have been people who have been reregistering and coming in to post lots of wild troll posts. Things are a little on edge right now with everything going on.

I mostly want to cut down on, even as a bit, phrases like "rape enthusiast" and "rape factory", at least outside of the CW-labeled thread. It sucks even as someone who idealogically Gets It to have to constantly run into flippant use of charged language. imo

Erin M. Fiasco fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 12, 2024

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Yeah it’s very weird

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

illcendiary posted:

Should have bought options cause then you can bet on the company to fail and win instead of just owning stock which supports the company.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i genuinely didn't know where posters who had never posted about wrestling before were coming from to cause trouble here. i was honestly confused about what was happening and made a joke about it. someone has since pointed out that you and hoot are discussing what goes on in this forum in CSPAM and complaining about it for multiple pages and random posters from that thread are showing up here to say dumb poo poo.

i genuinely didn't know that kind of stuff still happened on SA since helldump closed but if that's what brings you joy go for it

i don't post outside of this forum so i don't know about the weirdos and weird culture beyond these walls

I think you should post outside of psp. Perhaps in ePa

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Namtab posted:

perhaps one day, it seems like a nice place. i only venture into games occasionally so you can understand why i'm hesitant

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

perhaps one day, it seems like a nice place. i only venture into games occasionally so you can understand why i'm hesitant

I like games. They have a great general chat there. And EPA has been better since my last time there lol. The caw season is fun. I also like PYF - lots of cool threads there including one I made that for some reason is stickied to the top.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Namtab posted:

Yeah, let's loving go.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Shard posted:

I like games. They have a great general chat there. And EPA has been better since my last time there lol. The caw season is fun. I also like PYF - lots of cool threads there including one I made that for some reason is stickied to the top.

It’s never been a better time to join wrestling club, Brian Pillman has just called out the corrupt bookerman like on superbrawl

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I appreciate Erin trying to take a stance on the "rape lover" sort of language. I wouldn't call myself a WWE fan, and I'm aware of what Vince McMahon did, but I find that stuff a bit weird and unsettling and I don't think anything good comes out of it on the forum.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I appreciate Erin trying to take a stance on the "rape lover" sort of language. I wouldn't call myself a WWE fan, and I'm aware of what Vince McMahon did, but I find that stuff a bit weird and unsettling and I don't think anything good comes out of it on the forum.

You should see what gets bandied about in the DMs it’s hosed up beyond belief, the flippant use of words like that by people who are also claiming a moral high ground over you is ironic and just shoes they care more about owning the opposition than justice

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If certain parties aren't showing up to just use "I'm just watching the show! What's wrong with that!" as very thin cover to troll people who understand that WWE's main revenue stream is directly tied to their viewership and understands exactly what the people in power in that company use the money they get from that viewership for, then surely the "WWE Weeklies/PPV Live Discussion: DDTs of Our Lives" thread neatly solves this entire issue and it won't be a dead unused husk within a couple weeks.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Who gives a gently caress

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I’ve been saying that people who actually watch wrestling are evil trolls for years

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Shard posted:

The CineD horror and physical media threads are awesome and IYG has so much information and were super helpful when I had MP3 player questions. :)

MJeff posted:

If certain parties aren't showing up to just use "I'm just watching the show! What's wrong with that!" as very thin cover to troll people who understand that WWE's main revenue stream is directly tied to their viewership and understands exactly what the people in power in that company use the money they get from that viewership for, then surely the "WWE Weeklies/PPV Live Discussion: DDTs of Our Lives" thread neatly solves this entire issue and it won't be a dead unused husk within a couple weeks.

One can hope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

You should see what gets bandied about in the DMs it’s hosed up beyond belief, the flippant use of words like that by people who are also claiming a moral high ground over you is ironic and just shoes they care more about owning the opposition than justice

Always name and shame the weirdo dms