Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Dropped both games after that to end 3-2, and miss 8th place (and a range ruler) by 12 MOV. :negative: First loss to the eventual top finisher in Swiss and playing in the finals Doug Howe running Rebel Toolkit where my dice bent me over the loving table, jesus. Second loss to a TIE Swarm that I came within one bad decision of making it a 1v1 with Jess that I misplayed and lost with two ships left on the board on his side.

My full list is:

Rebel Sympathizer (38)
Hotshot Co-pilot (4)
Rey (2)
Smuggling Compartment (0)
Black Market Slicer Tools (1)

Jess Pava (25)
Sensor Cluster (2)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Blue Squadron Novice (24)
Sensor Cluster (2)
R4-D6 (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Total: 100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm not available now but did they ever get caught up on waves? Last I saw they were stuck on the Lancer due to lack of a model.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
If I can get TTS to work on my poo poo laptop I so wanna game gains you all

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

Here's my Saturday night "Anyone want to play on Tabletop Simulator?" post.

If you don't know TTS, I'll teach you. If you suck at X-Wing, I'll help with that too. If you're awesome and want to play some Serious Wangs, I'm down.

Ive got TTS, but have yet to do anything with it. I'd be down to try it some time next week.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
I'm down to try TTS, got my first store champ next weekend and want to squeeze in some practice. Downloading it now.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm not available now but did they ever get caught up on waves? Last I saw they were stuck on the Lancer due to lack of a model.

I haven't checked the lancer recently. Last time I played they had a 2d screenshot in place of a model, but it worked.

bunnyofdoom posted:

If I can get TTS to work on my poo poo laptop I so wanna game gains you all

Bring it on

Slandible posted:

Ive got TTS, but have yet to do anything with it. I'd be down to try it some time next week.

post here and I'll probably join in. Except Wednesday nights. I go do real X-Wing on Wednesdays.

Strobe posted:

Dropped both games after that to end 3-2, and miss 8th place (and a range ruler) by 12 MOV. :negative: First loss to the eventual top finisher in Swiss and playing in the finals Doug Howe running Rebel Toolkit where my dice bent me over the loving table, jesus. Second loss to a TIE Swarm that I came within one bad decision of making it a 1v1 with Jess that I misplayed and lost with two ships left on the board on his side.

Sounds like you have my problem: always seizing defeat from the jaws of victory

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Zigmoose posted:

I'm down to try TTS, got my first store champ next weekend and want to squeeze in some practice. Downloading it now.

My username is ConfusedUs on steam. Friend me. I'll go get a table set up

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Holy poo poo this is slick since last time I played.

Details here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/6dche8/xwing_on_tts_update_video_tutorial_new_features/

Check out this .gif of setup
https://gfycat.com/DazzlingUnsteadyGrayreefshark

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

Here's my Saturday night "Anyone want to play on Tabletop Simulator?" post.

If you don't know TTS, I'll teach you. If you suck at X-Wing, I'll help with that too. If you're awesome and want to play some Serious Wangs, I'm down.

I'm going to take you up on that offer in the next week or so. Sadly I'm the best in my town and the next best player refused to use "meta" lists. Really could use someone to kick my rear end on a regular basis so I can get better.

Really need to up my game in before store champs. One of the AU regional champs is gathering up some of his team mates to come out to drive four hours in the boonies to cherry pick our store champ because we are "easy". Guess he has done it the last few years.

I was not a fan of the guy before I got told this, so I would really enjoy making him waste a 8 hour return trip.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

I'm going to take you up on that offer in the next week or so. Sadly I'm the best in my town and the next best player refused to use "meta" lists. Really could use someone to kick my rear end on a regular basis so I can get better.

Really need to up my game in before store champs. One of the AU regional champs is gathering up some of his team mates to come out to drive four hours in the boonies to cherry pick our store champ because we are "easy". Guess he has done it the last few years.

I was not a fan of the guy before I got told this, so I would really enjoy making him waste a 8 hour return trip.

gently caress that guy. I'm in.

PS I have a table up right now.

Name is "GoonWang"
Pass is "lljk"

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Yeah I'll play TTS too. Havent played for a while, last time I had to de cloak echo manually and it took ages. Apparently that's automated now. Have to check my graphics card hasn't punked out on me though. The lancer should be in, my friend actually was doing the model for it. I'm in Aus so the time difference might be easier for you Raged.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wow, poo poo got real streamlined since I last tooled around with XWTTS.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

gently caress that guy. I'm in.

PS I have a table up right now.

Name is "GoonWang"
Pass is "lljk"

Still traveling back. I'll be up for it later in the week when I finish up work for the week about Wed your time

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Raged posted:

Yeah. I know a few of those guys on the QLD team. They said they he only ever wins with is thug life. He spent 6 months trying to fly other lists and could not win anything. Real nice guy though and he is good with that list.

Well I ended up going 3-2. Last loss was against Palp/Mareek/Ryad. After playing probably 100+ games since I started X-Wing in December I am only saying this because my opponent said it.

The dice hosed me. Rolled no evades and one 1 eye the whole match and the out of three plasmas fired the only hits I got were from guidance chips. Took in stride and laughed it off. poo poo happens. Got a free pity beer and made a few new friends out of it.

I have never seen so many natural crits. Stuff of nightmares.

Good tourney overall and I had fun and got to play against a lot of lists that I have never had a chance to play against. From what a could see while playing mindlink did not dominate at all. Top 4 were 3xRebel and Thug Life. Also there was a stupid number of Bossk lists.

Funniest moment was when Vernon Lorenzo was 6th in Swiss at worlds got matched against a 7 year old kid. If that wasn't bad enough it was the first match streamed. He tried to get them to change it but they wouldn't. So everyone on the net got to see a top ranked play beat up a 7 year old. He felt pretty bad about it.

Mandatory swag photo I got from the event.

Man you cleaned up on swag there.

Chewbacca, Han, Boba Fett, Omega Ace and C-3PO each go for $15+.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Raged posted:

Haha, holy poo poo who is it? Travelling to compete in a store champs is perfectly fine, but doing it because it is 'easy' is a bit rich.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Unless it's Adelaide, because it's true haha :(

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Haha, holy poo poo who is it? Travelling to compete in a store champs is perfectly fine, but doing it because it is 'easy' is a bit rich.

Dunster

hoiyes posted:

Unless it's Adelaide, because it's true haha :(

Daaaaammmmmnnnn

We are up in central west of NSW. Don't mind the competition just the insult (however true it probably is). There are probably 20+ store champs that are half the distance. Good motivation for me though.

Raged fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 4, 2017

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Zigmoose and I just played two games. It was fun.

He was flying VI Bossk with clusters, crane, boba fett, dengar, merc copilot, and chips with PTL Fenn and a Jakku Gunrunner with spacetug.

I was flying this monstrosity I pulled off Reddit.

Kylo Ren (34)
Lone Wolf (2)
Sensor Jammer (4)
Emperor Palpatine (8)
Hyperwave Comm Scanner (1)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Kylo Ren's Shuttle (2)

"Echo" (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Agent Kallus (2)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Total: 96

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

First game he called Echo's move perfectly and wiped him off the board first real round of shooting. We called that one a couple rounds later. Beautifully flown on his part.

Second game I was able to get him to chase Echo while Kylo ate into the backside of his list. Eventually he turned on Kylo. The condition kicked in and a few rounds later both Fenn and Bossk were at PS0. I was able to clean it up from there with an untouched Echo and Kylo with 3hp left.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Pretty sure Trinity Squad Gaming posted a video of the Kylecho list owning bones.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.

quote:

Second game I was able to get him to chase Echo while Kylo ate into the backside of his list. Eventually he turned on Kylo. The condition kicked in and a few rounds later both Fenn and Bossk were at PS0. I was able to clean it up from there with an untouched Echo and Kylo with 3hp left.

Kylo :argh:

Good games, looking forward to doing it again.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

hoiyes posted:

Pretty sure Trinity Squad Gaming posted a video of the Kylecho list owning bones.

Yeah, they did.

I've played that list about 6 times now. I win about as many as I lose.

As fun as Echo is to fly, every time I feel like I should be using Whisper instead. That extra focus if you hit is just too good.

The list has points for it, too. It's at 96 with Echo. It'd be 98 with Whisper.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ConfusedUs posted:

Zigmoose and I just played two games. It was fun.

He was flying VI Bossk with clusters, crane, boba fett, dengar, merc copilot, and chips with PTL Fenn and a Jakku Gunrunner with spacetug.

I was flying this monstrosity I pulled off Reddit.

Kylo Ren (34)
Lone Wolf (2)
Sensor Jammer (4)
Emperor Palpatine (8)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Kylo Ren's Shuttle (2)

"Echo" (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Agent Kallus (2)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Total: 96

First game he called Echo's move perfectly and wiped him off the board first real round of shooting. We called that one a couple rounds later. Beautifully flown on his part.

Interesting. I'd like to see how it holds up vs current meta poo poo

edit watching the video he obliterates a double firespray list which...ok I guess, but vs anything with turrets this list is gonna struggle. Or anything with an equal amount of consistent red dice will just wreck a focusless echo.

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jun 4, 2017

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Raged posted:

Dunster

Yup, that explains a lot. That dude has a reputation down in Victoria too.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I'm probably just tired from the drive, but does Miranda and 2 y-wings sound like a good idea?

Probably requires the lack of a soul

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
One of my friends piloted it to top 4 of the last regionals here in Vic so yeah, it's a good list. Might suffer to torp boat alpha strike though.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Yeah it's real good, you have the option of dropping the third bomb on Miranda and bumping the Ys up to gray squadrons. Edit: to out ps jumps.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Was thinking something like this. Thought with the low PS putting some bombs on the Y's might be interesting when someone gets close.

Gold Squadron Pilot — Y-Wing 18
Twin Laser Turret 6
Bomb Loadout 0
Seismic Charges 2
Ship Total: 26

Gold Squadron Pilot — Y-Wing 18
Twin Laser Turret 6
Bomb Loadout 0
Proximity Mines 3
Ship Total: 27

Miranda Doni — K-Wing 29
Twin Laser Turret 6
Extra Munitions 2
Sabine Wren 2
Cluster Mines 4
Seismic Charges 2
Advanced SLAM 2
Ship Total: 47

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Speaking of bombs, I was looking at the new Scum bomber (also available for rebels). And it looks like there's a system slot where you'll be able to deploy equipped bombs during the setup phase? And the scurg bomber also looks like it can restore it's stock of bombs (probably Action: flip a discarded bomb over and take weapons disabled or something).

I mean looks like bombs are here to stay. Advanced SLAM could be easily fixed by making it free action from action bar a la PTL.

Edit: taking Miranda48 as a given, I think the best options that aren't soul destroying TLT are: that Skinny Rey, Lone Wolf Dash, and M9-G8 Jess Pava/ZZ.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jun 4, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

Speaking of bombs, I was looking at the new Scum bomber (also available for rebels). And it looks like there's a system slot where you'll be able to deploy equipped bombs during the setup phase? And the scurg bomber also looks like it can restore it's stock of bombs (probably Action: flip a discarded bomb over and take weapons disabled or something).

I mean looks like bombs are here to stay. Advanced SLAM could be easily fixed by making it free action from action bar a la PTL.

Edit: taking Miranda48 as a given, I think the best options that aren't soul destroying TLT are: that Skinny Rey, Lone Wolf Dash, and M9-G8 Jess Pava/ZZ.

That skinny Rey list that Paul flew was really nice. Pretty sure he was the one I saw run over one of his own bombs to trigger sabine to win a match during day one.

Think I just found the last Y-wing for sale in Australia. A trophy shop in Orange had one left. They are going to hold it for me till I swing by during work tomorrow.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
In Kansas City's Store Champs yesterday there were exactly zero Contracted Scouts and one Bossk. Which means there were five more non-Biggs T-65s than either of them, and two more than there were Dengars. And I wasn't flying any of them. :negative:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Strobe posted:

In Kansas City's Store Champs yesterday there were exactly zero Contracted Scouts and one Bossk. Which means there were five more non-Biggs T-65s than either of them, and two more than there were Dengars. And I wasn't flying any of them. :negative:

ouch

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

canyoneer posted:

Double post for this one.

A guy made top 4 with this list:
Major Stridan (32)
Collision Detector (0)
Systems Officer (2)
General Hux (5)

Sienar Test Pilot (16)
Proton Rockets (3)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/v1 (1)

Sienar Test Pilot (16)
Proton Rockets (3)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/v1 (1)

Sienar Test Pilot (16)
Proton Rockets (3)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/v1 (1)

Total: 100

It was gnarly. He was mulching Fenns all day. Really creative and well executed list. He'd just rip right in, with 3 TAPs focus/evade/sometimes target locked on turn 1. Get something in front of them at R1, they get fully modded prockets. It was a real treat to watch.

Two questions:
1) What is the purpose of the Hyperwave Comm Scanner? Just to be able to place the shuttle last?
2) How do the STPs get things in arc at R1 with a PS of just 2? Even the coordinate action of the shuttle (to make a STP do a barrel roll or whatever) won't help with it being just at PS4

[and no, I'm not talking about Stone Temple Pilots here]

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Rebs vs rebs at the European championship final, it's getting streamed on FirstEarth in twitch soon.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Well now I have to stay up...

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I watched you guys play for a few minutes last night, system looks really clean and alot better than the days of Vassel.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

Well now I have to stay up...

I was just about to go to bed

hahahah it's Miranda/Dash vs Miranda Leebo

Guess we can just be happy it's not two Biggs list

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Jesus this is a boring match

40 minutes in and jack poo poo has happened

Raged fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jun 4, 2017

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Is this the AUS finals? drat near Miranda mirror match? Uhhhhhhhhg, this game.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Slandible posted:

Is this the AUS finals? drat near Miranda mirror match? Uhhhhhhhhg, this game.

Euro Championship

omg why did he not slam into range one

Raged fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Bahahahahahah the 4 judges standing there are poo poo.

For those not watching a Miranda got shot and the guy who fired argued that the miranda was dead and the other guy said it still had health. None of the 4 judges standing there were paying attention and refused to look at the stream. The guy with the possibly dead Miranda just took Miranda off the board after a few minutes of the judges with their thumb up their asses just to end the argument.

Edit: The guy who pulled his Miranda off the board won. Miranda/Leebo

Raged fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 4, 2017

• Locked thread