Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maute
Jan 15, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

Is anyone else just not able to connect to Steam, no matter what? I'm on the internet and I can even chat with people on Steam, I just can't get on the program.

Yeah, I'm not able to log in at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Dang I was hoping Civ 4 would outsell 5 this time, but it's still close.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, I forgot how much silly fun the MW2 campaigns were. Switch it down to Easy, don't think about it and just shoot a load of people in the face as everything explodes. A pity the new installments are priced so highly - I want to see if their campaigns are silly as well. :smith:

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Hello, goons. Let's play some Drawful. Have funtime goon shenanigans at: http://www.hitbox.tv/tastylemondrops

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Nice.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

A cool looking game with a style of a Japanese pop-up book has been released: Tengami

Looks charming at least.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Holy poo poo, Double Dragon trilogy for $5 is a steal. Anyone else getting this game out of sheer drunken nostalgia ? I'd love to get on some co-op.

How's the coöp?

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
I uninstalled and reinstalled Enhanced Steam and it's still not working, anyone else having trouble with it?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Arnold of Soissons posted:

I uninstalled and reinstalled Enhanced Steam and it's still not working, anyone else having trouble with it?

Works fine for me.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Kanfy posted:

Works fine for me.

Yeah it's all good now I guess it was just down or not responding this morning or something

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/16/holy-ships-battlefleet-gothic-armada-announced/

:stare:

Goodfeila
Apr 25, 2010

Holy poo poo!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

How lovely is the sr2 port? I have sr3 and at points it runs like crap on my less than min spec gdx card. I like the game but ita annoying having missions crash because my gpu csnt keep up.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
If you can't run SR3 which is pretty drat good port I'm afraid SR2 would just melt your computer.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

OhFunny posted:

Also wow you guys weren't kidding about Saint Row IV being an rear end in a top hat superhero simulator. 2 hours in and I love it.

I think the thing that really makes SRIV perfect for me is the fact that unlike in other open-world games where whacky hijinks feels like it's 'forced', the plot/narrative in SRIV makes those hijinks perfectly plausible since none of it is real anyway. The 'real-world' portions are still played straight.

Yeah, my immersion, I know, but still.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

:aaaaa:

This was literally my expression when I read that.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
So looking through the DLC list for SRIV, it seems like the only 'cheat' DLC is the Executive Privilege Pack - what exactly does that one do?

I checked my achievements for SRIV and most were gotten in August of 2013 :stare: It kind of feels like I'm diving in fresh again.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

WarLocke posted:

So looking through the DLC list for SRIV, it seems like the only 'cheat' DLC is the Executive Privilege Pack - what exactly does that one do?

I checked my achievements for SRIV and most were gotten in August of 2013 :stare: It kind of feels like I'm diving in fresh again.

Adds new cheats to your ingame phone. That's it.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Be still my heart

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Stellar Impact was basically 'we wish we were making Battlefleet Gothic' the game.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

As long as they don't screw it up and force them to make every single ship 20 dollar DLC because Game Workshop doesn't understand that PC games and hobby markets don't work the same way.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

BobTheJanitor posted:

As long as they don't screw it up and force them to make every single ship 20 dollar DLC because Game Workshop doesn't understand that PC games and hobby markets don't work the same way.

Warhammer Quest :(

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Demiurge4 posted:

Wait, waht? They did it in Warhammer Quest? :psyduck:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Princey posted:

The three routes are with Hyun-ae, with Mute, and with both. I think it is worth playing through all three routes for different perspectives on everything, although scrolling through the logs again and waiting between days can be a pain.

I recommend doing the one with both last even if you have a save to import to unlock it.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

kalstrams posted:

Wait, waht? They did it in Warhammer Quest? :psyduck:

DLC for 7 heroes, 5 weapons + a Skeletons & Necromancers pack (which are all in the 'deluxe' edition for $15 more) and micro-transactions for gold:

$2.99 for 4,000 gold.
$9.99 for 18,000 gold.
$29.99 for 60,000 gold.

For reference, gold's main significance is that you must spend it to level up and if you do not, you lose all experience gained once you hit a level-up point until you do. It's originally a mobile game so it's designed around you hitting level walls and needing gold Right Now or else grinding without EXP gains until you gain enough gold 'naturally' in order to resume leveling / gaining EXP again.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Demiurge4 posted:

o.O Warhammer Quest doesn't have any DLC though? I mean, yeah it's dildos there's no MP or Co-Oping but... are you maybe talking about, Talisman?

Edit: Apparently I'm completely wrong, I'm getting that off my wish list.

Electric_Mud fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 16, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GaistHeidegger posted:

DLC for 7 heroes, 5 weapons + a Skeletons & Necromancers pack (which are all in the 'deluxe' edition for $15 more) and micro-transactions for gold:

$2.99 for 4,000 gold.
$9.99 for 18,000 gold.
$29.99 for 60,000 gold.

For reference, gold's main significance is that you must spend it to level up and if you do not, you lose all experience gained once you hit a level-up point until you do. It's originally a mobile game so it's designed around you hitting level walls and needing gold Right Now or else grinding without EXP gains until you gain enough gold 'naturally' in order to resume leveling / gaining EXP again.
Jesus loving Christ.
:negative:

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

Man, I loved the poo poo out of Saints Row 3, but SR4 is kind of a downer knowing that basically the entire world is virtual reality. I dunno.

I just need to kick some more dudes in the nuts I guess.

SR3 supremacy.

Tanbo fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 16, 2015

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Did you get the Dubstep Gun yet?

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

No not yet.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Well, you should, then.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Any complaints you may have about the setting of SR4 will disappear when you reach the final mission and realize it's all been building up to one glorious moment.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I really hope they keep the Dubstep Gun in Gat Out of Hell.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

Arnold of Soissons posted:

How's the coöp?

I couldn't find a game in the two times I tried last night. I let it sit there for a few minutes one try while I went to get another beer and smoke, came back to nothing. I just played around with DD3 since I had never played or seen the arcade version. The remixed soundtrack is loving rad though.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Steam is still down for me. What is going on?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's been down for me too. I've been using the beta client.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I had a problem connecting to Steam a few days ago and was able to do so after running Windows update. Don't know why but it worked for me. I can connect right now so it's not a problem with Steam, I guess.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Crappy Jack posted:

Any complaints you may have about the setting of SR4 will disappear when you reach the final mission and realize it's all been building up to one glorious moment.

Unless you're doing co-op :smith:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

:gizz: :gizz: :gizz: :gizz:

I hope they add Tyranid hive fleets at some point too.

edit: :gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Looks like The Church of Universal Truth: The Video Game.

tater_salad posted:

How lovely is the sr2 port? I have sr3 and at points it runs like crap on my less than min spec gdx card. I like the game but ita annoying having missions crash because my gpu csnt keep up.

The SR2 port is fine if you download the Gentlemen of the Row patch that fixes it. Also SR2 owns bones.

• Locked thread