Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ohtsam posted:

:nms:https://i.imgur.com/Bp3nk19.png:nms:

This is amazing in the most terrible way

What the flippity heck is this madness?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
do you think a scourge palette sonic will be available in mk8 on the switch?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Like, even in the GRIMDARK GRITTY Sonic cartoon, Robotnik is still the best character by a longshot even though he's nothing like any other version of the character.

I just want a Dr. Eggman game where I get to be a grossly inept cartoon super-villain who tries to take over the world by trying to get emeralds and shoving poor hapless animals inside robots. It would be really cool to have a game where you're Robotnik driving in a mech and you have little robot henchmen you command to do your bidding, kinda like the Misadventures of Tron Bonne or Overlord.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blazing Zero posted:

do you think a scourge palette sonic will be available in mk8 on the switch?

it'll be right there with the other character palette swaps in Mario Kart who aren't Yoshi or Shy Guy.

But in all seriousness judging from Smash Sega is allergic to versions of Sonic who aren't some shade of blue.

Not that he'd like

be in MK at all though

Gammatron 64 posted:

Like, even in the GRIMDARK GRITTY Sonic cartoon, Robotnik is still the best character by a longshot even though he's nothing like any other version of the character.

That's a funny way to spell Snively.

No, seriously, Charlie Adler is the only character in SatAM who feels like he's having fun with the role.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

it'll be right there with the other character palette swaps in Mario Kart who aren't Yoshi or Shy Guy.

But in all seriousness judging from Smash Sega is allergic to versions of Sonic who aren't some shade of blue.

Not that he'd like

be in MK at all though

are you sure? he seems important to the sonic franchise. can someone tweet sega about this

Spellman
May 31, 2011

VideoGames posted:

http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Adventure_3:The_End_of_the_World

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sonic will never be in Mario Kart, let alone characters from his drat spin offs that they don't use anymore.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dr. VooDoo posted:

We have such sights to show you

It's a story that is decades of insanity in the making and Ken Penders is still making Not-Knuckles comics to this day thanks to the lawsuit

Any reference to The Wyoming Incident is as close as I'll ever get to being triggered. Well, that, and the whole BEN DROWNED thing.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I’ve actually not played very many video games outside of Sonic, Spyro, and Pokemon.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Sonic will never be in Mario Kart, let alone characters from his drat spin offs that they don't use anymore.

alright. keep us abreast of any other silly sonic fandom poo poo no one cares about

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I wasn't even the person who brought the whole deal with Penders and his OCs up. People asked for information.

But whatever.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I think Metal Sonic is only Sonic character that's supposed to be cool who actually succeeds at being cool, and that's because he's a robot with a turbine for a belly

But Eggman, Knuckles and Big the Cat are the top tier Sonic characters in my book because of just how goofy they are

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

VideoGames posted:

The guy who used to write the sonic comic is crazy

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Sonic 06 is the most amazing game of the entire 360/PS3 generation*.

*so long as you're either ridiculously drunk or high as poo poo. The broken physics and ludicrous plot are really, really fun if you're too hosed up to care it's a broken piece of poo poo.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

any switch decals featuring Sonic?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

a.lo posted:

I’ve actually not played very many video games outside of Sonic, Spyro, and Pokemon.

Let me tell you about the SMT series my friend

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Like real talk, I don't usually tell people I like Sonic games because I'm really ashamed to admit I like some of them a lot

The fact that I was super, duper into Sanic as a kid is like my shameful secret

Spellman
May 31, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ2UYnj8zjw&t=34s

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Don't forget tomorrow is a holiday.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

No thanks

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

japtor posted:

Are they horny or is it just you?

Re: Sonic chat, don't forget Shadow got a game too!

I remember being 17 standing in radioshack and game store way back when holding this game in one hand and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles on the other and boy did I make the wrong decision when I purchased CC

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

I really hate that people no longer have to give details as to what youtube links are as now I will have all sorts of nightmarish garbage flooding my YT recommended section now, thanks :argh:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You're fault for not turning off and clearing your watch history.

And for the insane, just ad-blocking the entire pane with recommendations on it.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
This thread is making me hate Sonic

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
what is the thread OP about with the reagan line? i assume it something moviebob said.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

its about the sonic fandom

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I never liked a Sonic game until I played Sonic Adventure and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

Atomic Man
Feb 4, 2017

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

Beastie posted:

I never liked a Sonic game until I played Sonic Adventure and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

Sonic Adventure 2 (battle? Gamecube remake) was my first introduction into the 3d Sonic world. Unless you consider the interesting, maybe horrible Sonic 3d Blast. I loved it, and being who I am, probably sank too much time in the Cho garden, and getting all the S ranks to unlock a silly costume. Pretty sure I only achieved it for Shadow before moving on.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Soul Glo posted:

I really hate that people no longer have to give details as to what youtube links are as now I will have all sorts of nightmarish garbage flooding my YT recommended section now, thanks :argh:

If I remember correctly the "Top 10 Hottest Mario Characters" vid by Jim Sterling that may have shown up in your recommended section now is just him listing Waluigi ten times in a row.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't believe that there are three loving pages of people talking about Sonic poo poo in this thread

Thread should be retitled to "Nintendo Switch: pages of Sonic poo poo"

Especially considering that Switch UI design docs have leaked, why aren't we bitching about how much they're biting on the Windows 10 design language?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

lelandjs posted:

Especially considering that Switch UI design docs have leaked, why aren't we bitching about how much they're biting on the Windows 10 design language?

If the docs are right then I'm glad that they're bringing themes to the Switch.

Hoping SEGA brings over their home console system ones they did for the 3DS.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

lelandjs posted:

I can't believe that there are three loving pages of people talking about Sonic poo poo in this thread

Well there is a sonic game to be released on the switch, and it's a retro one, so I think that is topical.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

lelandjs posted:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it was sad at the end... sonic sacrificed himself to blow up robotniks space factory, tails and all the lil animals saw it blow up. but tails.... tails is defiant. he breaks onto the airfield and steals a biplane, taking it higher than the gauges will display. theyre just plinkin' the red line but he doesnt care... this fox is on a mission...

a blue spek glints in the distance...tails pulls goggles down...pushes the throttle further still

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

lelandjs posted:

I'd love to talk about more Nintendo Switch stuff but Nintendo doesn't seem to wanna talk about it!

I mean the system only comes out in 19 days and all.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pairs nicely with

tbqh

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 13, 2017

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Gammatron 64 posted:

I grew up with a Genesis so I memorized the levels in Sonic.

Saying that memorization sucks and is bad game design is weird and kinda dumb because almost all of the best 2D side scrollers are about memorizing things. Classic Castlevania, Mega Man... and ESPECIALLY Contra. I keep hearing people say that "oh man, Contra and Mega Man are insanely hard!!" except... they're really not? You keep playing them, you figure out how things work and gradually they get easier and easier till they're no problem at all.

I guess what I'm saying is git gud scrubs

What do you consider a "hard game"? I think the fact that you have to play something enough to memorize it before you can loving play for more than 3 minutes does indeed make something a hard game.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

USB-C can do that IIRC.

USB C is a connector. Thunderbolt 3.0 is a superset of USB 3.1 that uses a USB C connector. I doubt Nintendo has implemented it, and Dev kit leaks show support only for USB 3.0 (3.1 Gen 1).

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Holy poo poo a 2017 VGCats comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

do you guys think super sonic could beat goku

• Locked thread