Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

If you bought a ps4, xbone, and switch, at launch and got yearly online for all of them, you've spent $2200 dollars.

$2200 can get you a very good gaming pc.

Fashionable Jorts fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fashionable Jorts posted:

If you bought a ps4, xbone, and switch, and got yearly online for all of them, you've spent $2200 dollars.

why would you buy an xbox and a ps4. no one is that stupid come on

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Rutibex posted:

why would you buy an xbox and a ps4. no one is that stupid come on

hey man, gotta play halo and last of us!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

And how many console gamers only have one console? I don't think I know a single person who only has a PS4, Xbone, or Switch.

I just have a PS4 but for a bit there I had a PS4 and Switch.

The PS4 is just a netflix machine right now, I'm too spoiled by the SSD's in my PC.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

If you bought a ps4, xbone, and switch, at launch and got yearly online for all of them, you've spent $2200 dollars.

And only if I didnt have avocado toast everyday, I'd have a mansion!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

poo poo like netflix is monthly, its not that weird to think that other online subscriptions would have similar models.

no but its weird to quickly pull a figure together to try and claim paying $$$$'s for a pc is the optimal choice so you can frag noobs on overwatch at 4k for free

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

JollyBoyJohn posted:

no but its weird to quickly pull a figure together to try and claim paying $$$$'s for a pc is the optimal choice so you can frag noobs on overwatch at 4k for free

i just checked in a private browsing window and literally the first thing that comes up when you google "ps plus" is the current sale on year long cards so i think they're just like, really really dumb or something

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

food court bailiff posted:

i just checked in a private browsing window and literally the first thing that comes up when you google "ps plus" is the current sale on year long cards so i think they're just like, really really dumb or something

Lol getting personal in a PC vs console discussion. Is it 2003?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

PinheadSlim posted:

no? i was just curious because i've literally never heard of the $12/mo price point before

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

1200 gets you a very good gaming PC. That’s why mine cost with an i7 and a 2070S. I run basically everything maxed out.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

lol if you don't own a custom-built supercomputer that puts to shame not only every console, but every piece of electronics the average person has ever owned, and then use it to play things like Morrowind and Stardew Valley.

Hardware that can literally create and operate a real-life artificial intelligence, stealing the very mantle of God, and then using it to watch twitch streams and play anime titty games

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

a very good gaming pc.

This isn't a thing that exists.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

3D Megadoodoo posted:

This isn't a thing that exists.

True. Considering the vast library of classics, almost every gaming computer is excellent

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Fashionable Jorts fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 13, 2020

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Clearly I'm dumb for... Reading what is displayed before my eyes?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

pc gamers spend 2800 dollars on his rig, and then they just keep playing only dota 2 and cs go anyway.

that new Valorant game looks totally dire and like its designed completely for streamers

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

pc gamers spend 2800 dollars on his rig, and then they just keep playing only dota 2 and cs go anyway.

that new Valorant game looks totally dire and like its designed completely for streamers

Excuse you, I play mtg arena and command and conquer remaster.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

PinheadSlim posted:

Apparently I have deeply offended them by assuming the listed price of something is accurate.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Apparently I have deeply offended them by assuming the listed price of something is accurate.

okay serious you're dumb, you're looking up one individual month and nobody buys that, they buy an entire year and that is 80 dollars australian which is something like 60 bucks american and less if you get it on a sale.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

okay serious you're dumb, you're looking up one individual month and nobody buys that, they buy an entire year and that is 80 dollars australian which is something like 60 bucks american and less if you get it on a sale.

Sorry I didn't know the inside deals or take the time to thoroughly research the prices and check for sales on something I will never purchase.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

should have called it the second to last of us

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

pc master race guys being obsessed with numbers and terrible at math is extremely on-brand

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

sebmojo posted:

should have called it the second to last of us

Bold of you to assume it won't be a trilogy with at least one spin-off.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Sorry I didn't know the inside deals or take the time to thoroughly research the prices and check for sales on something I will never purchase.

you posted four times about it and googled it and took a screen shot a screenshot, you seem pretty invested in being a dork at least

pc master race guys being obsessed with numbers and terrible at math is extremely on-brand

its why the mmo could only truly survive on the pc

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

you posted four times about it and googled it and took a screen shot a screenshot, you seem pretty invested in being a dork at least

Excuse me, this is the Unpopular Videogame Opinions thread, it's very important to win this slap fight about something no human being should rightly care about.

Also I'm at work right now. What else am I supposed to do? Work? No thank you.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The nice thing about PC master race guys is there are more women for the rest of us.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

pc gamers counting frames while i'm too busy playing games

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

tinkering with a PC and stuff is usually more fun than playing most games yeah but thats fine. thats probably why theres now a game where you can simulate building a gaming pc

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ladies love Nintendo but "console gamers" treat Nintendo like it's not a real gaming console, I guess because it has games featuring iconic characters like Mario and Samus whereas XBox and Playstation only have the iconic character "child screaming slurs at you over voice chat"

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

The one month price is literally just there to make the yearly price seem like a better deal. They don't expect that anybody would be dumb enough to take it. It's Marketing 101 for infants but it's not surprising that a member of the PC gaming master race wouldn't know that. To give you an example you may be more familiar with, fast food restaurants often have ridiculously overpriced "small" portions just so that the larger portions seem cheaper in comparison and you start thinking that it's reasonable to buy a heart-attack triggering amount of fries you can't or shouldn't possibly eat.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

KonvexKonkav posted:

The one month price is literally just there to make the yearly price seem like a better deal. They don't expect that anybody would be dumb enough to take it. It's Marketing 101 for infants but it's not surprising that a member of the PC gaming master race wouldn't know that. To give you an example you may be more familiar with, fast food restaurants often have ridiculously overpriced "small" portions just so that the larger portions seem cheaper in comparison and you start thinking that it's reasonable to buy a heart-attack triggering amount of fries you can't or shouldn't possibly eat.

If I want that I just go to a fish and chip shop.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

pc gamers know all about marketing and deals, where they buy dozens of games on sale on steam and never play any of them

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Also humble bundles

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I'm the guy that will occasionally take the one or three month options. I dont play online games much, so I'll sometimes only pick up a month or two on the rare occasion I play a bit of Call of Destiny or whatever. The free PSN games are very rarely something I feel bad about missing.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
you dirty console gamers are being ripped off from overpriced console fees.

Don't you see how much you are missing out on by not playing (checks steams current most played games) counterstrike, dota, terraria and team fortress 2!

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KonvexKonkav posted:

^fuckboy^

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone start here: vpforums.com

Then download the ROM and pinball creator table of memory of:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also humble bundles

speaking of humble bundles the Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality is now up to 1,658 items for $5. its only has 2 days left, if you have not purchased this bundle you need to buy it now. its literally the best deal in video games to ever exist:

https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i would wager that like 40% of humble bundles are never installed or played, they're just impulse purchases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Rutibex posted:

speaking of humble bundles the Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality is now up to 1,658 items for $5. its only has 2 days left, if you have not purchased this bundle you need to buy it now. its literally the best deal in video games to ever exist:

https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

i have it but to be fair most of it is unplayable stuff. i think it would break down to about 10% non-game things like tilesets or graphics, another 10% tabletop rulebooks noboby's ever going to use, then a big chunk of 2-player novelty games, another big chunk of visual novels (visual novels aren't games imo). another segment consists of rpg maker games, which also don't really qualify as games if you ask me unless they're either yume nikki or charles barkley. there are good singleplayer games in there like celeste, sky rogue, nuclear throne and a few others but i'd say in reality you only get a few hundred actual, playable single player games of which the vast majority are 10 minutes of fun.

still worth it just because of the couple of high profile titles in there of course and it's for a good cause so why not, but the amount of actual games is much lower than that number suggests. it's fun if you treat it like a shareware CD