Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

gently caress y'all, last Can thread poster awake. Seriously though our country did a Jan 6th after Jan 6th was revealed to be a total failure and joke and somehow made it even more of a failure and joke. Of course though in true Canadian tradition there will be absolutely zero consequences for anyone's actions. We are a country that is a sideshow of a sideshow. While in the Trump thread I renounce my Americanness as laughable, in the Canada thread I denounce my Canadianess as contemptable. We are a global joke, we can't even do a stupid right wing coup attempt right as a joke. We will forever be damned to be downstream of American politics. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Canada, and Neoliberalism followed with him.

Virtual Russian has issued a correction as of 09:46 on Jan 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

... have the convoy chucklefucks gotten bored and went home and/or froze to death yet? I'm tired of hearing about white people being treated with kid gloves while being complete and total failsons who are nothing more than an embarrassment to the country as a whole.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Nah they got at least one more day in 'em the news cycle hasn't had a weekday to do non-stop coverage/give them a platform.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, not only do we get the lame knockoff Jan 6 insurrection, but it's the extended directors cut. Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Are the police more or less showing alliance to these fuckers than the jan.6th cops in America? I mean I know one let them in, one tasered his balls but like, as a whole. I've seen a lot of pics of police helping make their stay comfortable/giving them thumbs up and poo poo.

If only we had reporters and news that would talk about the police's two-faced approach. If only...

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
the lockdowns are expiring anyway and all of it isn’t even controled by the fed. what would even constitute victory for them

god it’s dumb

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Randalor posted:

... have the convoy chucklefucks gotten bored and went home and/or froze to death yet? I'm tired of hearing about white people being treated with kid gloves while being complete and total failsons who are nothing more than an embarrassment to the country as a whole.

No because they have no jobs, careers, or prospects on account of they threw it all away for "personal choice".

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Virtual Russian posted:

gently caress y'all, last Can thread poster awake. Seriously though our country did a Jan 6th after Jan 6th was revealed to be a total failure and joke and somehow made it even more of a failure and joke. Of course though in true Canadian tradition there will be absolutely zero consequences for anyone's actions. We are a country that is a sideshow of a sideshow. While in the Trump thread I renounce my Americanness as laughable, in the Canada thread I denounce my Canadianess as contemptable. We are a global joke, we can't even do a stupid right wing coup attempt right as a joke. We will forever be damned to be downstream of American politics. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Canada, and Neoliberalism followed with him.

you ok there bud? here, have this crisp, tasteless domestic lager.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/kurt_shmon/status/1487506484414107652?s=21

this guy owns imperial seed in mb which is a seed company. theres a lot of ag people and farmers in ottawa right mostly because none of them are working right now

I work in Ag, and it's full of morons like this. A lot of farmers and a lot of the people who work in the industry are susceptible to nonsense conspiracies.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Are the police more or less showing alliance to these fuckers than the jan.6th cops in America? I mean I know one let them in, one tasered his balls but like, as a whole. I've seen a lot of pics of police helping make their stay comfortable/giving them thumbs up and poo poo.

If only we had reporters and news that would talk about the police's two-faced approach. If only...

The police are there to crack down on reporters, not the friends and family chud parade, hth

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

the lockdowns are expiring anyway and all of it isn’t even controled by the fed. what would even constitute victory for them

a kid who whines and complains that he wants to go home, until 3:00 comes and the bus takes him there, is convinced he got his way

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

PM just announced he has covid and will isolate all week. No word yet on his press conference today being cancelled. In his announcement he told people to get vaxed and boosted.

🛢🔥 lol

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Randalor posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, not only do we get the lame knockoff Jan 6 insurrection, but it's the extended directors cut. Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

PM just announced he has covid and will isolate all week. No word yet on his press conference today being cancelled. In his announcement he told people to get vaxed and boosted.

🛢🔥 lol

good.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Karach posted:

I work in Ag, and it's full of morons like this. A lot of farmers and a lot of the people who work in the industry are susceptible to nonsense conspiracies.

Next up, a very special episode of Corner Gas. From Ottawa, Brent

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Frosted Flake posted:

🛢🔥 lol

maybe if he gets long COVID he’ll start taking it seriously.

probably not.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Frosted Flake posted:

🛢🔥 lol

and may I add, lmao

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Frosted Flake posted:

🛢🔥 lol

its about dang time

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

didn't realize i was in r/canada

hoooooonk, right? :cheeky:

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

hootin' and hollerin'

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

BGrifter posted:

maybe if he gets long COVID he’ll start taking it seriously.

probably not.

has getting covid changed any world leader's opinion on how the pandemic should be managed?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GolfHole posted:

No because their landscaping businesses don't spin up until the spring and their contracting businesses can always be deferred with a lie about other work

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Karach posted:

has getting covid changed any world leader's opinion on how the pandemic should be managed?

Herman Cain probably. but yeah, I don’t think it’ll work either.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

From the chud branches of my family I can confirm they all think jt is faking all his covid exposures and now the disease itself so he doesn't have to meet with the convoy racists

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
e. lmao /\/\/\/\

Frosted Flake posted:

🛢🔥 lol

clearly he's faking it because he's terrified of the truckers :freep:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Karach posted:

yeah my greater point would be that the people in ottawa arent the working class, salt of the earth people that the conservatives(and every goddamn right wing outlet and person around the world) wants you to believe that they are.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

skewetoo posted:

From the chud branches of my family I can confirm they all think jt is faking all his covid exposures and now the disease itself so he doesn't have to meet with the convoy racists

the funniest part is why would the pm bother meeting with anyone? theyve already threatened to kill him, hang him, put him in jail for being a nazi, etc, etc and they are making demands that the federal government doesnt have the power to fulfill

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

its almost like six years of right wing media convincing people trudeau is a benevolent beta male dictator with the power to unilaterally change any thing in this country at any given moment was actually a mistake

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

DariusLikewise posted:

yeah my greater point would be that the people in ottawa arent the working class, salt of the earth people that the conservatives(and every goddamn right wing outlet and person around the world) wants you to believe that they are.

weird, professional penis impersonator Rex Murphy told me that they were, and that they represent quieter, humbler Canadians:

quote:

No one who has ever dealt with such wonderful people would dare to slander the great majority of them as “fringe” or “unacceptable.”

Salt of the earth, is by far the apt description.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

the funniest part is why would the pm bother meeting with anyone? theyve already threatened to kill him, hang him, put him in jail for being a nazi, etc, etc and they are making demands that the federal government doesnt have the power to fulfill

Yes. It all stems from social media poison

Doomy
Oct 19, 2004

I don't think anyone from Ottawa could really understand the kind of folk-smart, smartasses-that-are-really-dumbasses, type of people that live in the prairies

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

its almost like six years of right wing media convincing people trudeau is a benevolent beta male dictator with the power to unilaterally change any thing in this country at any given moment was actually a mistake

The classic fascist belief that your enemy is simultaneously weak and all powerful, to be alternated back and forth depending on what is being argued.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

jfc

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Remember, salt of the earth poor people are semi-truck O/Os who have the time and money to spend weeks protesting in the nation's capital, apparently without fear of reprisal.

that's definitely what being poor and humble is all about.

also:

Rex Murphy, wingless parasitoid wasp posted:

Trudeau isn’t Plato. He may even be a few steps down from that high intellect.

:smug:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

oh theyre salty all right

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
88.08% of Canadians over the age of 5 have had at least one vaccine dose, but to rex murphy the worst possible representatives of the remaining 11.92% of Canadians are the herrenvolk

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
do you think rex got his shots?

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
let's say you go to a house party. some of the guests start unfurling a Nazi flag and calling for the creation of a white ethnostate.

do you maybe bow out from that party? or do you grab another crisp cold Busch Light from the puddle in the cooler and just say "well, a few bad apples won't spoil my good time?"

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

infernal machines posted:

do you think rex got his shots?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Doomy posted:

I don't think anyone from Ottawa could really understand the kind of folk-smart, smartasses-that-are-really-dumbasses, type of people that live in the prairies

My wife moved here from AB to become a Laurentian after working at CATO in DC so I don’t know what the gently caress.

She loves to trot out poo poo about Ontarians being stuck up while making 6 figures, and drove a pickup to ministerial meeting so…I think I like the prairies less after marrying someone from there. It’s all this fake cowboy cultural signalling bullshit and grievances against the Laurentians cribbed from US “Coastal Elite” bullshit.