Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

Skateboard

I ... love ... this ... wow

Got in some shirts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Doc Fission posted:

I ... love ... this ... wow

Got in some shirts

Love those first three. Not sure what the third is, some Kate Beaton thing?

e: i forgot some stuff. I think I'm filling the gap formed by not leaving my house with shopping for stuff I don't need

Like these matching 90s throwback waist and lunch bags

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 22:47 on Aug 5, 2020

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I bought this lithograph and a frame for it. The artist is Aleksandra Waliszewska, and I love her stuff.

I resupplied for my hobbies too since a lot of sales were going on:

Cool yarn!

Running shoes! They feel good, but I haven't tried them out yet because I sprained my ankle :sigh:

Chris Chichester
Oct 23, 2001
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

I bought this lithograph and a frame for it. The artist is Aleksandra Waliszewska, and I love her stuff.

Where did you buy this?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Chris Chichester posted:

Where did you buy this?

https://leto.pl/en/offer

That one sold out, but some of her other stuff is on there, and luckily USD is strong against the zloty.

Chris Chichester
Oct 23, 2001
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

That one sold out, but some of her other stuff is on there, and luckily USD is strong against the zloty.

Thanks!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LadyPictureShow posted:

ooo this poo poo is cool

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Well, I didn't realize her other stuff posted on there is way more expensive.

This site has some of her art books for sale at a much more reasonable price.

https://www.timeless-shop.com/?s=Aleksandra+Waliszewska&post_type=product

I'm trying to find if there's some place that sells just prints.

LadyPictureShow has a new favorite as of 04:24 on Aug 6, 2020

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

... because I sprained my ankle :sigh:

Same :sigh:

I think almost six weeks ago now, and it's still not back to normal. Still can't run, still randomly aches, still keep reaggravating it because my dog is a hyper idiot because I can't go run her.

Cool kicks tho. Hope you can use them soon.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

Love those first three. Not sure what the third is, some Kate Beaton thing?

The Hot God shirt is by Branson Reese, who makes funny and good comics: https://www.teepublic.com/stores/bransonreese

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
No pictures for esoterica but I’ve been building my steam library up in anticipation of buying a new pc, so I got the Fallout 3 collection for an absurd $8 (the base game is only $3!) and I threw in ObsCure because I’ve been meaning to play it since 2006.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Coffee And Pie posted:

I threw in ObsCure because I’ve been meaning to play it since 2006.

I remember watching an LP here on these very forums about it(the sequel?), by a French goon, and it was super interesting. Like he talked about how despite being made in France, it only had English VA because set in America, and all the translation differences. Looked neat,

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I went HAM on the Vans x Simpsons drop today. :homebrew: :homebrew:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

:thumbsup:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Tim Whatley posted:

I went HAM on the Vans x Simpsons drop today. :homebrew: :homebrew:

lmao nice

wait a sec...*calls wife*

"Did you just buy hella simpsons vans gear?"

"...mmhmmm ok I see..."

"None of it was for me...I see"

well then

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Glad I posted this because going to Guitar Center's website to get the picture I saw the guitar is now on sale for $50 less so now I know to ask for a price match.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I bought two meters of red plastic pipe:

Then I bought one wall paper remover (steam generator) to go with the above. Steam bending wood!

One of these hand wheel truck thingies (diy gas welding cart)

500 grams of silica gel (loving moisture!)

One chainsaw replacement carburetor (loving stihl!)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Alhazred posted:

A celtic coin:

Looks like the small jar of guacamole dip from Taco Bell that I forgot behind my monitor for a week.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Bought some cheap calipers. For caliping. And also because I’m learning CAD and I want to try making accurate diagrams of things I own

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Thanks to global warming it's the third year in a row we have heatwaves of 7+ days above 35°C so I got some of the last fans available in local stores, because gently caress heatwaves

Boneco F220 and F100. Powerful, quiet and stylish.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

:thumbsup:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Replaced some books because I have friends that can’t take care of stuff they borrow.

I don’t want to ever not own Mother Night.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Just spent a shameful amount on bulbs from Michigan Bulb Company :homebrew:

Bought a few of the Dutch Garden Mixes:

Some Daffodil Mixes:

Fragrant Hyacinths:

And some Michael’s Flowers and fertilizer pellets:

Now to figure out how to get the skunks to stop digging up my front garden beds before I drop a buncha bulbs in there :(

E: Also planted a bunch of seeds from my grandmother’s Tiger Lillies and a few starts. Very excited to finally have some nice landscaping!

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 17:03 on Aug 11, 2020

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Thanks to global warming it's the third year in a row we have heatwaves of 7+ days above 35°C so I got some of the last fans available in local stores, because gently caress heatwaves

Boneco F220 and F100. Powerful, quiet and stylish.

Hmmmm I don't feel like I need a fan now but I'm a sucker for fans. Very tempting.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Duck and Cover posted:

Hmmmm I don't feel like I need a fan now but I'm a sucker for fans. Very tempting.

If only there was a way to say you’re an enthusiast in a short way, like in 3 letters

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Coffee And Pie posted:

If only there was a way to say you’re an enthusiast in a short way, like in 3 letters

I'm pro fans.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Coffee And Pie posted:

Yup, he sure is a nut for fans!

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

OSU_Matthew posted:

Just spent a shameful amount on bulbs from Michigan Bulb Company :homebrew:

Bought a few of the Dutch Garden Mixes:

Some Daffodil Mixes:

Fragrant Hyacinths:

And some Michael’s Flowers and fertilizer pellets:

Now to figure out how to get the skunks to stop digging up my front garden beds before I drop a buncha bulbs in there :(

E: Also planted a bunch of seeds from my grandmother’s Tiger Lillies and a few starts. Very excited to finally have some nice landscaping!
Your garden's going to look amazing. All of those are beautiful!

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Jabra 75t. I hope I don't hate them?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I have the Elite 65ts and love them. I think you’ll be pretty happy with them.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Warbird posted:

I have the Elite 65ts and love them. I think you’ll be pretty happy with them.

I was planning on getting those, but I guess the 75t is slightly lighter and has better battery life. I hope they fit my weird ears ok. The 75t black/titanium was also only another $50 so I thought it was worth a try.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

dreesemonkey posted:

Jabra 75t. I hope I don't hate them?

The hear-through feature is cool for activities where cars might run you over

They stay in my ears just fine under normal circumstances, but I have noticed they slip out when face down, stupid ears!

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

cardinale posted:

Your garden's going to look amazing. All of those are beautiful!

Thanks! That’s what I’m hoping! The Dutch garden mixes should have something different blooming throughout year, and all of the rest should be fairly hearty perennials I hope.

I love when I’m hiking and find Daffodils in the wilderness, because that usually means there was an old homestead there long long ago, since they’re pretty sturdy plants and don’t tend to spread too much. Usually you can wander around and find remnants of a foundation, or a bunch of slate that was used for the roof, or even cellar steps. It’s just fascinating that all that’s left is a chipper little flower :3:

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Finally finished putting together desk. Birch butcher block that I sanded and stained, iMovr standing desk frame. Kind of overkill cause I don't particular care to use it standing, but I couldn't find any adjustable desk legs with more than an inch of adjustment so gently caress it :shepspends: to get one that I'll be able to get into a good position. First time doin all this, so my staining job isn't the best, but it's not awful and I'm still happy warts and all.

Bought some seeds and planters. It's definitely for this, but I live in SoCal so I'm pretty confident I can keep em alive through the winter. Got a bhut jolokia variety (red/yellow/chocolate), blue yagi/bhut jolokia hybrid, aji lemon, and aji mango. This will go along with the two bell peppers, two biquinho, Calabrian, and moruga scorpion I recently planted, as well as my mature hot banana, jalapeño, red fresno, and three habanero (1 fully mature, and two small ones that are still growing). I fuckin love peppers. I've been making my own hot sauces, so this is basically to feed that hobby. I need to get a mini fridge soon so keep a stable environment.

I scored some aji lemon from the farmer's market last weekend too, so I'm super hype about growin them. I had already bought the seeds because I was interested in trying them, and they're real good.

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

I’m picking up what you’re putting down. I cum for fans too!

colas
Feb 14, 2007

In FL the Miami Dolphin fans call themselves "fin fans" and that kind of clever tickles my fancy.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

colas posted:

In FL the Miami Dolphin fans call themselves "fin fans" and that kind of clever tickles my fancy.

How fincy!

OniPanda posted:

Finally finished putting together desk. Birch butcher block that I sanded and stained, iMovr standing desk frame. Kind of overkill cause I don't particular care to use it standing, but I couldn't find any adjustable desk legs with more than an inch of adjustment so gently caress it :shepspends: to get one that I'll be able to get into a good position. First time doin all this, so my staining job isn't the best, but it's not awful and I'm still happy warts and all.

Bought some seeds and planters. It's definitely for this, but I live in SoCal so I'm pretty confident I can keep em alive through the winter. Got a bhut jolokia variety (red/yellow/chocolate), blue yagi/bhut jolokia hybrid, aji lemon, and aji mango. This will go along with the two bell peppers, two biquinho, Calabrian, and moruga scorpion I recently planted, as well as my mature hot banana, jalapeño, red fresno, and three habanero (1 fully mature, and two small ones that are still growing). I fuckin love peppers. I've been making my own hot sauces, so this is basically to feed that hobby. I need to get a mini fridge soon so keep a stable environment.

I scored some aji lemon from the farmer's market last weekend too, so I'm super hype about growin them. I had already bought the seeds because I was interested in trying them, and they're real good.

Oh man that sounds amazing... I need to grow peppers in my life. Where did the seeds come from?

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

OSU_Matthew posted:

Oh man that sounds amazing... I need to grow peppers in my life. Where did the seeds come from?

Jalapeño, hot banana, fresno, and the big habanero were from small plants at Lowe's; the small habaneros, biquinho, Calabrian, and scorpion are seeds I scraped from peppers (store, farmer's market, friend has a mature scorpion plant and he gave me a couple pods); bhut jolokias and ajis are from Sherwood Seeds; bell pepper was random on amazon since I'm not too concerned about gettin specific with bell pepper.

You're gonna want to either have an indoor spot/garage space with heat pads or lamps to start them in Michigan or a full on green house, because you'll want to start them a few weeks before the last frost, which LOLMICHIGAN. The super hots also really want warm soil to germinate. I'm not sure the ones I just planted will be successful even in SoCal cause peppers need warm/hot and sunny. They may die out over the winter, or be stunted. Winters are warmish here, but I don't know if that'll be enough. I'll probably plant new ones in late December to be sure I have some hardy ones.

Edit: my germination area in the garage

OniPanda has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Aug 12, 2020

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

OniPanda posted:

Jalapeño, hot banana, fresno, and the big habanero were from small plants at Lowe's; the small habaneros, biquinho, Calabrian, and scorpion are seeds I scraped from peppers (store, farmer's market, friend has a mature scorpion plant and he gave me a couple pods); bhut jolokias and ajis are from Sherwood Seeds; bell pepper was random on amazon since I'm not too concerned about gettin specific with bell pepper.

I'm not sure the ones I just planted will be successful even in SoCal cause peppers need warm/hot and sunny. They may die out over the winter, or be stunted.

Pepper plants around here are more likely to be eaten by pests than be stunted so long as they get the correct amount of water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

H110Hawk posted:

Pepper plants around here are more likely to be eaten by pests than be stunted so long as they get the correct amount of water.

Yeah, I'm talkin about growing during the winter though when there's less light and warmth though. Plants I started a little late but still roughly the right time are doing amazing. Definitely got a lot of chewed leaves though, yeah. Next season, I'm gonna grow tomatoes and I'm already preparing myself for my nemesis: horn worms.