Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I've never had Crystal because it's not readily available in Canada so I'm glad to hear that Louisiana is roughly equivalent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Penguin Patrol posted:

not a fan of those weak watery hot sauces, give me the strong poo poo you can only use a few drops at a time. and horseradish and wasabi too, put it all on there.

gently caress that id like to taste my food not burn my tastebuds off

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ibexaz posted:

I'm not a horseradish person but I'd try this, how's it pair with hot sauce?

not sure, i just had it with meat for xmas day dinner

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I love movies I love hot sauce

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

I love movies I love hot sauce

just a big validating day for you, huh?

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Who would be the lead in Hot Sauce: The Movie I'm thinking a late career renaissance Seann William Scott

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

just a big validating day for you, huh?

I’ve spent 15 of the last 17 days sick as a dog and I’m mourning my best friend’s passing, I’ll take a win where I can get one.

Crystal [pronounced like Cristal], Louisiana, Cholula, Frank’s Xtra-Hot, El Yucateco, hell even a classic Tabasco, love ‘em all. The couple of the fancy boy hot sauces from Whole Foods I’ve tried are great too, TRUFF is a great brand.

NienNunb fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 18, 2023

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If you ever get a chance to try sri lankan hot sauces give em a go. We have some people near us who make a small local brand and it's good. They're kinda like Yucateko but maybe 15% less heat and 30% more flavour.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

I’ve spent 15 of the last 17 days sick as a dog and I’m mourning my best friend’s passing, I’ll take a win where I can get one.

Very sorry to hear that. If you want to share stories about them I would love to hear it. Hope you and Mrs Noob are taking care of yourselves

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

chess is the only game ive ever played that can make you feel like a genius and then the dumbest person to ever exist within seconds of each other

hell yeah i forked those pieces good... and hung my bishop in the process so now i'm hosed hooray

although last night i was so hapless i almost gave it up, did a few lessons before bed and just beat a bot 200 points higher and a live game 100 points higher than my rating so i guess i can be taught

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

chess only makes me feel like the second part, where it's the dumbest person to ever exist. i'm too stupid and forgetful as well as scared, short-sighted, poor memory, short height, small genital to be good at it.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’m watching Neil Marshall’s newest movie, The Lair and it’s so bad. Apollo from BSG is doing the worst southern accent I’ve ever heard in my entire life.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

supremacy

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i gotta try that yellow one if they named it after me

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Penguin Patrol posted:

it's not spicy but drat is it good

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Penguin Patrol posted:

hello, jamaican marinade

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

are they made from ants

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fly By Jing Zhong Sauce

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
When I was younger I put hot sauce on everything, but getting older I have found that indigestion goes from a passing annoyance to a terrible night. I still put it on pizza but I’m not eating that too often.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

Secret Aardvark is rad, but I think I prefer Yellowbird sauces. Those gently caress.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Captain Magic posted:

When I was younger I put hot sauce on everything, but getting older I have found that indigestion goes from a passing annoyance to a terrible night. I still put it on pizza but I’m not eating that too often.

I have gotten into my 40s and I can still just stuff my entire maw with beyond belief spicy food without suffering those consequences from it, so I'm hoping I'm in the clear that way for the long haul and will be able to continue to do poo poo like eat obnoxiously hot food now and again. Though there was that one time I ate a whole habanero pepper right off the plant from my garden and it was unusually hot for a habanero and gave me cognitive impairment for like 30-45 minutes. Won't do that again.

The only things that ever give me indigestion are if I eat raw or marinated red onions without anything else.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

CommonShore posted:

I have gotten into my 40s and I can still just stuff my entire maw with beyond belief spicy food without suffering those consequences from it, so I'm hoping I'm in the clear that way for the long haul and will be able to continue to do poo poo like eat obnoxiously hot food now and again. Though there was that one time I ate a whole habanero pepper right off the plant from my garden and it was unusually hot for a habanero and gave me cognitive impairment for like 30-45 minutes. Won't do that again.

The only things that ever give me indigestion are if I eat raw or marinated red onions without anything else.

I wonder if it helps to do it consistently. I try to watch what I eat most of the time (not saying you don’t), except when I really don’t because of stress or whatever, and so junk food and dairy and incredibly spicy stuff hit real hard because I’m so particular the rest of the time. That said, I’m still spicing the hell out of every day foods.

Here’s a tip for anybody: you see a recipe made by some Gen X or older white lady? Add half again as much spice at least.

The no-flavor regime of modern whiteness is something I hold a lot of resentment for growing up in, gave me a hosed up relationship with food.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Always add more garlic than the recipe says

Edit: Definitely helps keeps the draculas away too

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The time has come for my Forums Friends to purchase me this Marvel Select The Thing action figure. It doesn’t go for too much on eBay, but if I spent money on it my wife would chase me around the house with the rolling pin.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wrestlingcrazy_carl is selling it for about 30 dollars but he sounds like a bad egg

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I'm playing Yakuza 5 for the first time, and as varied as the gameplay has been the last thing I expected was for the title to turn into a pop idol simulator halfway through.

It's not the worst thing in the world since I love rhythm games and Haruka's a great character, but I find the whole idol culture to be really gross and I'm doing everything I can to speed through the section as quickly as possible.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://kxtwitter.com/mrnastynodrama/status/1615576776687714310

i figured they would hire male models to be the sons of the milfs but a few of those sons do favor their moms...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please consider buying my friend the very solid "The Thing" action figure. it can hold a human if you sit on it. it's a needed and affordable chair for my friend.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

please consider buying my friend the very solid "The Thing" action figure. it can hold a human if you sit on it. it's a needed and affordable chair for my friend.

Finally somebody stands up for the little guy

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

NienNunb posted:

The time has come for my Forums Friends to purchase me this Marvel Select The Thing action figure. It doesn’t go for too much on eBay, but if I spent money on it my wife would chase me around the house with the rolling pin.

if it makes you happy then buy the blue eyed battler from yancy street

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Xposting this from the dumb poo poo at work thread because I wish I could bottle what I felt in the moment it happened. So very satisfying.

Critical posted:

Started my new AP position at the same company last week, had a teams call today with the department where my boss swore at me in front of about ten other people for making a simple mistake saying "you need to loving pay attention, this is not difficult, a grade schooler can enter an invoice."

I don't think she was prepared for me giving my notice as soon as the words were out of her mouth, as I was pretty sure this was not going to work out anyway. (We process 2k invoices a month during the summer and I would be the only person handling them as well as keeping my old position afloat.) She tried to walk it back saying it wasn't personal, at which point I told her we could discuss it after the call but I had made my decision and signed off. Apparently the rest of the call was trying to transition my workload onto others while they politely demurred as she got increasingly panicked.

We did not discuss it after the call as I went offline in Teams and sent an email saying as a professional courtesy I was willing to stay until 2/1 to help clear the current backlog of invoices, but I was not interested in discussing it any further. No response.

So I may be there for a couple more weeks or may get canned tomorrow but gently caress it was worth it. I have a decent amount in savings so I could survive for over a year if I had to, but I'm sure I'll be able to grab something after taking a couple weeks to myself, even if it's temp to perm to start.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Critical posted:

Xposting this from the dumb poo poo at work thread because I wish I could bottle what I felt in the moment it happened. So very satisfying.

This rules

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

your position has been replaced with child labor

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Critical posted:

:discourse:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

another Critical Hit!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

been playing Midnight Suns. Better than Elden Ring.

Still upset there isn't Armored Core inside me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's been requested that i not start another wave of robot content generation. i acquiesce

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 19, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:lmao: checkmate

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Critical posted:

gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shinjobi posted:

:lmao: checkmate

Yeah, loving owned :lol:

Also the robot just doesn't want to hurt the feelings of Daffy's fans by admitting that Donald is objectively better.