Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Android Apocalypse posted:

:lol: if I showed that to my sister right now…

But instead I'll watch TNF on my mom's ancient PC in my room.

Your sister sounds more fun than TNF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Android Apocalypse posted:

My sister is still mad that I didn't immediately contact her, my brother-in-law, or his parents when I received my birthday gift this year (it arrived the day before I flew here to MD) with thanks that I received it. She blew up over it and I've been staying in my room the whole day to not deal with her.

I'm still getting over this last leg of being sick (my eye hurts and I fear it may be a sinus infection) and my brother-in-law doesn't want me or my sister coming over to his parents' place on New Year's Day since his dad is still combating all these illnesses (leukemia, c.diff, etc). My sister's now mad at him and wants to just show up on Sunday, if to just say hi from the curb or their deck. She's especially mad that my brother-in-law thinks we're dirty/infectious when he's a physical therapist & sees 6 patients a day. My brother-in-law is supposed to come by tomorrow "to drop off gifts & hangout for a bit."

I'm seriously thinking of bailing out of here and crashing at a friend's place in VA until my flight home on January 3.

I think homegirl needs some mental health help here. This is not normal.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

I'm in LA, diner breakfast food is amazing here. There's no reason to ever eat at Waffle House again when Blu Jam or The Griddle are just down the road

There are a couple Blu Jam shops opened in the bougie parts of Tokyo and in my old apartment we were able to get delivery from one, was clutch in that 2020 stage where restaurants were an absolute no-no. This was extra good because that kind of breakfast diner is rare as hell over here.

Also the Japanese equivalent of Waffle House is lovely ramen after karaoke and probably after the last train of the night.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

harperdc posted:

Also the Japanese equivalent of Waffle House is lovely ramen after karaoke and probably after the last train of the night.

This sounds incredible btw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Thrown Out Of The Izakaya

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Braksgirl posted:

I think homegirl needs some mental health help here. This is not normal.

She's already in therapy as she's had to deal with some other personal poo poo.

I feel like that Benjamin Franklin quote about guests.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I hope the therapy helps her. She sounds miserable and I'm sorry you're on the receiving end of that.

So my friends and I were talking about the Waffle House lady and one of my friends called it Redneck Hibachi....I can find no flaw in this.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Braksgirl posted:

So my friends and I were talking about the Waffle House lady and one of my friends called it Redneck Hibachi....I can find no flaw in this.

I've only been to a Waffle House once, and it was in Richmond, Virginia, 15 years ago, but ... yeah, I can't argue with that at all.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Best, well favorite at least, cheeseburger I've ever had was drunk at a waffle house at 3 am while the line cook was tripping balls on something or other and dancing around calling himself a god while making my burger and hash browns and like 20 other orders at the same time. And damned if it wasn't a good rear end burger.

Dude was into his job.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

kiimo posted:

I didn't know who Andrew Tate even was but that story is the end of 2022 I was looking for

I was vaguely aware of him as some sort of cringe-inducing life coach to thirsty beta males. If the allegations are true then I hope he ends up in a Romanian prison.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Braksgirl posted:

I hope the therapy helps her. She sounds miserable and I'm sorry you're on the receiving end of that.

In the same vein I’ve been watching The Outlander and my sister called it Debbie Does Scotland and honestly after I stopped laughing I was like yeah nailed it

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

LeeMajors posted:

Crossposting because lol

https://twitter.com/basimali322/status/1608586863908130816

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Dec 30, 2022

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Holy poo poo my dad is an awful driver and if it wasn't going to be over $70 for an Uber from my grandma's to my house I would have rather done that. No signal use, going 70-90 while weaving in and out of traffic, and kind of weirdly babbling the whole time. This is my sign that I need to learn to drive stick so I can borrow my lady's car when she's out of town.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Opposite of my dad. Driving 5-10 below the limit, asking what the hurry is when asked about it, never leaving the lane he chooses to start in

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Holy poo poo my dad is an awful driver and if it wasn't going to be over $70 for an Uber from my grandma's to my house I would have rather done that. No signal use, going 70-90 while weaving in and out of traffic, and kind of weirdly babbling the whole time. This is my sign that I need to learn to drive stick so I can borrow my lady's car when she's out of town.

Stick shift is hella fun

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Its Rinaldo posted:

Stick shift is hella fun

It sure is, I miss it like crazy

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Intruder posted:

It sure is, I miss it like crazy

Truth. I've owned exactly one manual and it was a supercharged 2003 Mustang Cobra and that poo poo was fun as gently caress.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Truth. I've owned exactly one manual and it was a supercharged 2003 Mustang Cobra and that poo poo was fun as gently caress.

Terminators are a lot of fun. And this is coming from someone who hates mustangs

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Stick shift is hella fun

Forever and ever. New car I got has manual shift of the auto gearbox mode, but few things match an actual clutch and stick shift. I miss it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I think we are putting the dog down today.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Oh no! Sorry to hear that.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

No Butt Stuff posted:

Oh poo poo, so sorry :sympathy:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Oh no. Sorry my man.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

No Butt Stuff posted:

Sorry :smith:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Oh god dude I’m sorry.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:rip: to a good one.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Oh, gently caress. That's no way to end a year. I'm so sorry.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Sorry to hear about your dog. That's the worst.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

No Butt Stuff posted:

:glomp:

My condolences. Pour one out for the doggo.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

No Butt Stuff posted:

Ah gently caress, I'm sorry to hear that :(

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

No Butt Stuff posted:

He's just going to a farm where your doggo can play with all the other good doggos ... :(

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

She’s on her way home from the vet now. They think she has a spinal stroke. Trying steroids and pain meds but I think that’s more for my wife than the dog. We have a follow up on Monday.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
That is awful i'm so sorry

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Its Rinaldo posted:

That is awful i'm so sorry

Pets are family

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Hoping for the best for No Butt Dog.

D-LINK posted:

Pets are family

:hai:

It has been a year and a half, and I still got misty-eyed at Christmas when my siblings dogs were playing and ours wasn't there to join in.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Sorry about your dog NBS. :(

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

D-LINK posted:

Pets are family

1000% :hmmyes:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

D-LINK posted:

Pets are family

gently caress yes

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Sorry NBS :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

So lit being stuck at home with covid. Friends in town for the holidays I can't see, no new years celebration, waking up at 2am to poo poo my soul out. Life's grand.