Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

lol gently caress, too real

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I took 2 years of latin and 5 of French.

If you dropped me in Paris right now I wouldn't have any trouble understanding nouns and could maybe grunt my way through like a cave man (At a cafe: "Me. Coffee. Sugar.") but if you put a gun to my head and said "conjugate a verb" I'd be hosed.

use it or lose it

i just love that if you're from Quebec or perhaps Louisiana and speak French and go to Paris they'll give you one sentence before switching to English

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
The only good politician in America

https://twitter.com/VerminSupreme/status/1077002602200604672?s=19

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Turn off notifications, dummies.

Also lol if you don't have 10 minutes a day to do your lessons. What else are you gonna do when you poop?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Air Man always gets me

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

America doesn't deserve a man as good as Vermin Supreme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whFBCIzwxp8

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I took 2 years of latin and 5 of French.

If you dropped me in Paris right now I wouldn't have any trouble understanding nouns and could maybe grunt my way through like a cave man (At a cafe: "Me. Coffee. Sugar.") but if you put a gun to my head and said "conjugate a verb" I'd be hosed.

Huh. 5 years of German and I’m the opposite. I can still manage the sentence structure and conjugations but my vocab has gone completely to poo poo.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I did german for three years and the only thing I’m able to do in german is profess my love for the sergeant on the left.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
language and grammer syntax derails am bad

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Well I lost all my money by putting it on trumpet boy. I have managed to crawl back on my feet and now I'm going all-in on "recreating music videos with animoji". Getting in early on this one, it'll be the first great meme of 2019, I can feel it.

https://twitter.com/KabouniFilms/status/1075429086904881152

https://twitter.com/KabouniFilms/status/1076552878049775616

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

they removed his butt bones.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

syscall girl posted:

use it or lose it

i just love that if you're from Quebec or perhaps Louisiana and speak French and go to Paris they'll give you one sentence before switching to English

I go out of my way to watch german media so that I stay fresh.

Also, lol, every French person I met abroad flatly refused to try english.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Noslo posted:

I go out of my way to watch german media so that I stay fresh.

Also, lol, every French person I met abroad flatly refused to try english.

it's an insult to quebeccers who are admittedly an easily insulted people and probably a goto for parisians who are eager to offend

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the linguistics memes.

All I want for Christmas is more linguistics memes.

History memes are great, too.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

German's my second language! Kind of. I found it super easy to learn, except for the insane case system, jesus christ.
Where are the Finns to laugh at this statement?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

frankenfreak posted:

Busy being entombed in their eternal prison of frozen darkness probably

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

frankenfreak posted:

[nauraa suomeksi]

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

frankenfreak posted:

It's Christmas Eve, so they're probably digging up skeletons and setting a giant effigy of Santa made of fermented shark penises on fire in celebration of the arrival of Prüchütn Flåhhtnbæcht, the Christmas witch that tears the skin off of children if they've been good all year.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

And it's not even his kid

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Those dang kids, I tells ya.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I ran into Vermin Supreme in Boston waiting for the same train as me and I told him he was cool and he responded verbatim "Everybody thinks I'm cool, especially Bronies, and they're fuckin whackjobs." and walked away. Proper legend.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

guys, I lost a meme. It was a video where the HAL logo shows up on a TV screen and the guy filming jumps up and recreates the logo by sticking a bunch of eggs under his (very concerned) dog. It's surprisingly difficult to find it again :(

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MageMage posted:

Is the kid playing with the bleach a photoshop?

Despite the upbeat nature of the meme that's all the cop got them to drink

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wheany posted:

Well I lost all my money by putting it on trumpet boy. I have managed to crawl back on my feet and now I'm going all-in on "recreating music videos with animoji". Getting in early on this one, it'll be the first great meme of 2019, I can feel it.

https://twitter.com/KabouniFilms/status/1075429086904881152

https://twitter.com/KabouniFilms/status/1076552878049775616

E:

frankenfreak posted:

Hogge is probated for the week

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I enjoy derails of all sorts, but in a meme thread maybe like if you're going to continue on the derail like also post a meme too so people who just want to browse through can do that.

My wife is half German and half Nicaraguan. English is her third language and she speaks it better than most natives. She also speaks French but not quite fluently. I've been in Latin America for 6 years and while my Spanish is better than it was when I got here, it's still pretty lol. Especially depending on how tired I am. Mostly it's due to me not studying much though. Spanish is hard for me and I make all the basic gringo mistakes. Para when I'm supposed to Por, Ser when I'm supposed to Estar, etc.

Hellblazer187 has a new favorite as of 04:26 on Dec 25, 2018

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

frankenfreak posted:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
No one mentioned this beautiful boy in their favorite memes

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Beer_Suitcase posted:

And it's not even his kid

:vince:

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Finns celebrate Christmas a day early, we're all already pretty deep into the drinking and fighting and passing out in the freeze and have little time to post memes and debate linguistics with speakers of lesser tongues.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

barbecue at the folks posted:

Finns celebrate Christmas a day early, we're all already pretty deep into the drinking and fighting and passing out in the freeze and have little time to post memes and debate linguistics with speakers of lesser tongues.

I wish I could articulate why I love these memes so much. Someone post the one where the Mongols come back after a few hundred years to find spurdo sparda beckoning with a tree branch and going FUG :DDDDDDDD cuz I can't find it right now

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 09:14 on Dec 25, 2018

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Big Chungus is the hot new maymay this holiday season.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Big Chungus is the hot new maymay this holiday season.

Why is Big Chungus Bugs Bunny all of a sudden because I remember it from a second life character who was fuckin huge and wore a bra and panties with his signature catchphrase "Big Chungus has no need of gender"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Perfect thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Heath posted:

Why is Big Chungus Bugs Bunny all of a sudden because I remember it from a second life character who was fuckin huge and wore a bra and panties with his signature catchphrase "Big Chungus has no need of gender"

I don't think they're related. This incarnation of Big Chungus was unleashed on December 1 of this year. Invest now!