Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/anthonywlicausi/status/1073262824846024704

Get in on the grift while you can folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Lol linkedin

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Get in on the grift while you can folks.

should be linkedin's motto

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
does anyone even use linkedin anymore. its all like lovely russian or indian or something bots (or extremely desperate people) applying to like everything from 50000 miles away

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1072992219618009089

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

sir you're under arrest for suspicious use of a doorbell

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i've uncovered leaked development code from amazon's project Recognition

if get_RGB(person(face)) != 255,255,255 {
then call(9-1-1)
else
approve(person)
end

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Xaris posted:

i've uncovered leaked development code from amazon's project Recognition

if get_RGB(person(face)) != 255,255,255 {
then call(9-1-1)
else
approve(person)
end

the gently caress kind of garbo code is this

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

call(7)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
hey dont ask me i just grabbed it from amazon's internal dev github

mystes
May 31, 2006

The only good thing is that it's a database of specific people rather than ai predicting that all minorities are criminals.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/12/we-finally-talked-to-an-actual-waymo-passenger-heres-what-he-told-us/

quote:

In a statement, Waymo stressed that Waymo vehicles do make left turns on a regular basis.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
also lol

quote:

So after I emailed Waymo for comment about Richardson's observations, Waymo called Richardson. Richardson then emailed to ask me not to publish this story. I contacted Waymo, telling them that I intended to respect Richardson's request. But I also said I might write a different story instead—one focused on the fact that I couldn't find any Waymo One customers to talk to.

A Waymo spokeswoman then called me and said that, in the interest of transparency, the company would allow me to publish my story. She promised me that Richardson wouldn't get into legal trouble as a result. With that promise in hand, Richardson gave his approval for me to write about our conversation.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

mystes posted:

The only good thing is that it's a database of specific people

are you aware of how the database is populated

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
they're going to use that hot new israeli computer vision phrenology startup as a backend

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
amazon rekognition seems to work pretty well for us, once some thresholds are applied. when the similarity score goes below 98, you're getting more false positives than good matches, so discard everything in that range unless the last names also match, then manual review. don't even look below 90, maybe even 95. even above 98, if the sharpness of the image is less than 10%, or the area of the face bounding box is less than 10% of the total image area, then the match is likely junk even if the confidence score is really high like 99.99. also even if the face area exceeds 10%, if the left edge of the bounding box is so close to the right edge of the image, or vice versa, that barely any of the facial features are visible, then the match is also junk so discard that. similar scores in brightness and face area with differences in sharpness can also help identify cases of the same image but one is lower quality

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

:boom:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

they should give it the ability to upload the video of the suspicious person straight to Nextdoor with some message attached like “suspicious person spotted! just giving you guys a heads up!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

sir you're under arrest for suspicious use of a doorbell

honey why did that man carve that rune on our gate

it looks like a long skinny penis with a knife in it :ohdear:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

My Linux Rig posted:

they should give it the ability to upload the video of the suspicious person straight to Nextdoor with some message attached like “suspicious person spotted! just giving you guys a heads up!

shhh nextdoor nuts will hear you and demand this feature

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

graph posted:

method 1 - know about all those resource officers in schools?

mystes
May 31, 2006

graph posted:

No I didn't read that far. Yeah if it's just people other users have flagged it's going to be terrible.

It should be like ublock where you can sign up for different filters, like a nazi filter.

mystes fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 14, 2018

men with puns
Feb 8, 2010
Young Orc

Wheany posted:

anything that drives enragement is good

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mystes posted:

No I didn't read that far. Yeah if it's just people other users have flagged it's going to be terrible.

It should be like ublock where you can sign up for different filters, like a nazi filter.

there is 0 chance this will work in a way that isn't pure racism hth

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

they are going to use this to make sure their underpaid couriers are actually delivering poo poo.

I've already spotted that they randomly make them take pictures of the delivered package on the doorstep.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The sad part is that it's pretty much been demonstrated that the best way to get decent performance out of these sorts of marginal employees is to pay them more

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Captain Foo posted:

The sad part is that it's pretty much been demonstrated that the best way to get decent performance out of these sorts of marginal employees is to pay them more

but then they’d have to pay them more

better to stick with the doorbell camera idea

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

fairly interesting that amazon is employing software developers to oppress the working class tho. like literally assigning tickets titled "turn the screws a little tighter on the delivery peons" must be a real fun team to be on

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

fairly interesting that amazon is employing software developers to oppress the working class tho. like literally assigning tickets titled "turn the screws a little tighter on the delivery peons" must be a real fun team to be on

Well compensated screw turners

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

abe's oddysee was a fun game, yeah

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

lancemantis posted:

Well compensated screw turners

money washes away the guilt i guess

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Captain Foo posted:

there is 0 chance this will work in a way that isn't pure racism hth

so the resource officers nab a boy for some dumb poo poo at school. they pull him into a room. 'do you know any gang members?' 'uh, my cousin's friend might be a blood i don't know'

they get put into the database for life for 'known accomplice'

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Nextdoor got mentioned earlier which reminded me to ask : why the is Nextdoor so uniformly awful?

no matter where it is, it seems to be always full of racist busybodies.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

Nextdoor got mentioned earlier which reminded me to ask : why the is Nextdoor so uniformly awful?

it has no value to anyone who isn't a racist busybody

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
yeah its like a HOA

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Shifty Pony posted:

who wants to talk about things that are specific to a suburban neighborhood, yet would be scared to say those things irl to the neighbors, but also is cool with having their real name out there next to the comments?

Pretty much just weird racist busybodies

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its basically an ADT and lawn care service ad vector

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shifty Pony posted:

have you been to a suburb 10 mins or more outside an urban center ?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
method 2 - if you are stopped and frisked or DWB you go into the database for life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

they are going to use this to make sure their underpaid couriers are actually delivering poo poo.
This already exists. They already have smart locks to let in couriers to leave packages (alright they're pushing the car thing more I think now?). They're just repurposing it for racism.