Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry guys, just can't manage it right now :flaccid:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tollymain posted:

That's the first thing I noticed too. What the hell is it made out of?

Thick, viscous mangas.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I was surprised that we kept updating normally without getting a flash, but then I realized, that's not exactly what was irking me about it. What surprised me is that, doesn't it seem like, normally a flash would've started rrrright about here?

I mean, I can just see us panning up Derse to see the Battleship Condescension and then panning across HIC's bigass hair as the music starts to ramp the Capital F up, but we're doing this "Act 6 Act 5 Act 1 X2 Combo" thing all the way through instead, it'd seem. I guess this must be what Hussie meant when he said something to the effect of "if I didn't do flash pages in Homestuck, I'd be done by now."

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Tollymain posted:

That's the first thing I noticed too. What the hell is it made out of?

Uh, let me tell you something about Hanzo steel and fine Nipponese craftmanship... maybe you're not actually AWARE of how superior their swords are to our flimsy gaijin butterknives? And furthermore,

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

Gnome de plume posted:

Oprah must be on cos EVERYONE GETS A GOD TIER

Are god tiers guaranteed, if the sleepers and the beds all get blown to bits before they can even fall asleep?

I mean, we're also assuming that the beds are actually on Derse and Prospit, just because Jane can hear the rumbling somehow.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

J.theYellow posted:

Are god tiers guaranteed, if the sleepers and the beds all get blown to bits before they can even fall asleep?

I mean, we're also assuming that the beds are actually on Derse and Prospit, just because Jane can hear the rumbling somehow.

All that is required for the beds is to die on them. Sleeping was never actually part of the deal; Vriska just told John it was so she wouldn't have to say, "By the way, this is totally going to kill you! But trust me, you'll come back." She lied. Quest beds/cocoons/whatever don't require sleep, they require death.

Also, they're definitely in Prospit and Derse, did you miss the gold/purple chains? Or the gold and purple ruins around them as they emerge from the explosion? Or ... this entire update? :confused:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This update is mighty pretty.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

KaosMachina posted:

HUSSIE YOU MASSIVE COCKTEASE

It's only a tease if we're just about to cut away to something only tangentially related. We've got four god-tier kids who were already very combat-capable, facing down two cosmically powerful minions of Lord English.

I'd honestly put the odds of a proper fight scene happening here at 5:1 against.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dominic White posted:

It's only a tease if we're just about to cut away to something only tangentially related. We've got four god-tier kids who were already very combat-capable, facing down two cosmically powerful minions of Lord English.

I'd honestly put the odds of a proper fight scene happening here at 5:1 against.

The other option is that the left screen switches to the meteor and the right screen switches to the battleship.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

dumb brunette posted:

Also, they're definitely in Prospit and Derse, did you miss the gold/purple chains? Or the gold and purple ruins around them as they emerge from the explosion? Or ... this entire update? :confused:

Only raising the question, given how little always is as it seems. But back to the other point, I don't think we've seen the bed get destroyed before the ascension happens, have we?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

J.theYellow posted:

Only raising the question, given how little always is as it seems. But back to the other point, I don't think we've seen the bed get destroyed before the ascension happens, have we?

Yes, we have. Dave and Rose were obliterated in much the same way these guys were. Those beds seem quite sturdy.

If you don't think they're god tier, what do you suppose we're looking at here?

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

J.theYellow posted:

First off, Aradia, Dave, and Rose all ascended under nearly the exact same circumstances. Secondly, they're right there, what do you think we're seeing?

E: F,b

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

Ariong posted:

If you don't think they're god tier, what do you suppose we're looking at here?

Next update the glow fades, only to reveal...

...four blackened skeletons in singed godtier pajamas, which then immediately collapse into piles of bone and ash.

The Condesce and Jack sweep them up into little dustpans and dump them unceremoniously into bins, where they become the fat nasty trash they were always destined to be.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

But skeletons aren't fat! I have a problem with this idea.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
That was my first thought too.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

...four blackened skeletons in singed godtier pajamas, which then immediately collapse into piles of bone and ash.

The Condesce and Jack sweep them up into little dustpans and dump them unceremoniously into bins, where they become the fat nasty trash they were always destined to be.

Or rather, three of them ascend properly to god tier but when Jane turns to jake he is nothing but a charred skeleton in a pair of god tier page tights & pants. He collapses into dust and all that's left is what he has always been destined to be - a skull

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Four carapice people; this session's WV, PM, AR, and WQ.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bongo Bill posted:

We're going to have to check Vriska's skeleton to be sure.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So what's the point of Jack/Condence helping them go god tier when they can basically wipe the floor with them?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Truly a legendary sword.

The heart of Dirk's bifurcated soul is his bifurcating weapon.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Guys, the juju was just dropped. What if it survived the explosion? What if we ended up with four god-tier trickers? :ohdear:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fat_Cow posted:

So what's the point of Jack/Condence helping them go god tier when they can basically wipe the floor with them?
Caliborn has stated that he wants a proper challenge. He seems to be overestimating his Lord title.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Guys, the juju was just dropped. What if it survived the explosion? What if we ended up with four god-tier trickers? :ohdear:

Well technically there would only be two since the juju was dropped on prospit. Though I kinda doubt Hussie would revisit the tricksters
Edit:this phone is awful

senseinobu fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 8, 2013

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
Edit;Quote is not edit

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
They're doing it man. They are making it happen.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

Of course not; they're just big-boned.

RuanGacho posted:

Truly a legendary sword.

The heart of Dirk's bifurcated soul is his bifurcating weapon.

Now I'm wondering if Dirk can't somehow merge with the corpse of his beta-universe self when the battleship kids arrive with the planets.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Fat_Cow posted:

It's part of Lord English's plans I imagine. While Caliborn is mind controlling Jack, Lord English most likely ordered Condesce to make sure the Derse kids ascend. As he's going backwards-forwards he knows everything that is going to happen in this session with help from all the monitors.

...Actually that brings up a thought. What if the game is actually going to (or has been) be in a groundhog day situation. If Caliborn's session is the one right after the Beta-Alpha kid session, that means he's going to go backwards in time to the very beginning. The only way they would be able to stop a situation like that is eliminating Caliborn, but doing it in a way that doesn't cause a time paradox. I'm thinking that's the actual glitch that Lord English is exploiting. He's indestructible because even if he should happen to die in the Beta-Alpha kid session, he's going to be born in the next session and then go backwards and be reborn all over again. It also incorporates the Ouroboros myth, as the snake continues to eat itself in a spiral and never die because of it.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

lotus circle posted:

It's part of Lord English's plans I imagine. While Caliborn is mind controlling Jack, Lord English most likely ordered Condesce to make sure the Derse kids ascend. As he's going backwards-forwards he knows everything that is going to happen in this session with help from all the monitors.

...Actually that brings up a thought. What if the game is actually going to (or has been) be in a groundhog day situation. If Caliborn's session is the one right after the Beta-Alpha kid session, that means he's going to go backwards in time to the very beginning. The only way they would be able to stop a situation like that is eliminating Caliborn, but doing it in a way that doesn't cause a time paradox. I'm thinking that's the actual glitch that Lord English is exploiting. He's indestructible because even if he should happen to die in the Beta-Alpha kid session, he's going to be born in the next session and then go backwards and be reborn all over again. It also incorporates the Ouroboros myth, as the snake continues to eat itself in a spiral and never die because of it.

When you kill a time traveler, you only resign yourself to not killing his past selves when they come for vengeance. How can you think you can kill me, when I am already dead?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Midnight Raider posted:

Of course not; they're just big-boned.

They're boned, big times.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Midnight Raider posted:

Now I'm wondering if Dirk can't somehow merge with the corpse of his beta-universe self when the battleship kids arrive with the planets.

The hat goes on the head! It's all so obvious now!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

The hat goes on the head! It's all so obvious now!

And on the hat? A picture of a shirt

...with a hat on it. #whoa.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I know this is a lot of drawing work for Hussie and he likes to update fairly regularly, so maybe he just didn't get all the way to drawing them as god-tiers yesterday and will do the rest of the reveal next, but... for some reason, him stopping juuuust before they make their debut makes me really suspicious. It's almost certainly nothing and we're going to see them all god-tiered up soon.

Comedy option: next update he cuts away immediately for an intermission.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I hope all the Alpha and Beta kids being god-tier doesn't result in any non-god tiered trolls being "left behind" in relevance once everyone meets back together.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Are you implying Karkat will, in fact, become Krillin?

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Void session. :airquote: So maybe Roxy would survive.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

We learned from the Beforans that if a Scratch happens while immortals are in the process of resurrecting, they stay dead because they have nowhere left to resurrect to. But I don't think something like that can happen here.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Zerilan posted:

I hope all the Alpha and Beta kids being god-tier doesn't result in any non-god tiered trolls being "left behind" in relevance once everyone meets back together.

There's been some speculation lately that Mituna's sacrifice might have involved psycho-tossing A1 Prospit's moon out of their incipisphere so that it'll eventually end up in the B2 session; it'd naturally include quest slabs for the A1 Prospit dreamers, all of whom had the same aspects as their A2 dancestors - and all of the surviving A2 players were Prospit dreamers. (Including Gamzee, who might of course still be genuinely god tier despite the fake wings. Could have been a double bluff for practically no reason! Clowns.) There are holes in that idea, the biggest I can think of being the question of exactly why Mituna would know to do that and precisely where to aim it when, but it's not completely impossible.

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 8, 2013

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

There's been some speculation lately that Mituna's sacrifice might have involved psycho-tossing A1 Prospit's moon out of their incipisphere so that it'll eventually end up in the B2 session; it'd naturally include quest slabs for the A1 Prospit dreamers, all of whom had the same aspects as their A2 dancestors - and all of the surviving A2 players were Prospit dreamers. (Including Gamzee, who might of course still be genuinely god tier despite the fake wings. Could have been a double bluff for practically no reason! Clowns.) There are holes in that idea, the biggest I can think of being the question of exactly why Mituna would know to do that and precisely where to aim it when, but it's not completely impossible.
Aradia is a surviving A2 member and she's a Derse dreamer. But most people forget she exists considering she practically never gets any screen time since she went god tier.

Anyways this is just a weird theory. Why does Mituna have to toss Prospit's moon out of the incipisphere so that it ends up in the B2 session? Prospit and Derse are planets that appear in every session by design, like how every session has the same set of agents. There's no reason to do something like that. Furthermore it's irrelevant because no one ascended in the A2 session except Vriska and MAYBE Gamzee, who knows really.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

People having to do things without knowing why simply because it's part of their destiny is the very essence of Homestuck, Mituna getting a future-vision saying "Throw the moon thataway!" is child's play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

lotus circle posted:

Aradia is a surviving A2 member and she's a Derse dreamer. But most people forget she exists considering she practically never gets any screen time since she went god tier.

Anyways this is just a weird theory. Why does Mituna have to toss Prospit's moon out of the incipisphere so that it ends up in the B2 session? Prospit and Derse are planets that appear in every session by design, like how every session has the same set of agents. There's no reason to do something like that. Furthermore it's irrelevant because no one ascended in the A2 session except Vriska and MAYBE Gamzee, who knows really.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking of Aradia because she's not headed for the B2 session and acquired the tiger long ago. Still, though, why would Mituna have to move his session's Prospit moon to another's? That part's easy: because it's needed there if the remaining living non-god trolls are to catch up to the humans.

What isn't so easy is filling in the details of what Dolash said above. If this is what happened, where did Mituna's information come from precisely, and how does that work with Aranea's description of what happened to him? There are a few possibilities, none of them terribly tidy at the moment, in my opinion. Presumably we'll get a partial answer if this does turn out to be true.

I don't get your idea of irrelevance. Yes, no one ascended in the A2 session except Vriska and Aradia (we still can't be 100% sure about Gamzee but it's harder to argue that he did than that he didn't), and that's exactly why it'd be useful if they could fix that now.