Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

Would, but give it to me on a plate thanks.

It's...on a plate???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

flat on a plate :v

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

elise the great posted:

I would gently caress that up like a coyote in a rabbit nest. No questions, no hesitations, just utter obliteration, God getting revenge on the dinosaurs. Imagine me, a spy, furtive in the alley as the dark figures close in, knowing I have one chance left to live, looking down at this monstrosity clenched in my hands and knowing that it contains the one secret message that could lose my homeland the war. I would slam dunk that poo poo into my duodenum so hard I’d have to reel my hand back out by the elbow. gently caress you, I WANT THAT THING

This post is a work of art and I wish the entire thing could be the thread title.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I live in Gainesville, where the University of Florida is located. If you're on campus or anywhere within like 10 miles, it's impossible to find a Coke at any bar or restaurant. All the vending machines on campus are Pepsi products as well. Something to do with a contract the university has with Pepsi Co.

It's annoying as poo poo to have to get a good distance away from UF to find somewhere where I could have a decent whiskey/coke that's not made with Pepsi.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Zipperelli. posted:

It's annoying as poo poo to have to get a good distance away from UF to find somewhere where I could have a decent whiskey/coke that's not made with Pepsi.

Embrace the 7/7 instead?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Pham Nuwen posted:

Embrace the 7/7 instead?

Well, poo poo. Never thought of that.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

I would honestly eat this sooner than peanut butter+butter+honey. My mom's friend made those and every time I threw up. Whether it was the sandwich or I was just a chronically ill child is up for debate.

Oh man, I love peanut butter + butter + honey on toast. Soooooo good.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Casu Marzu posted:

Oh man, I love peanut butter + butter + honey on toast. Soooooo good.

What's up with all these samus avatars lately?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Picnic Princess posted:

I would honestly eat this sooner than peanut butter+butter+honey. My mom's friend made those and every time I threw up. Whether it was the sandwich or I was just a chronically ill child is up for debate.
I'm guessing the latter because that's a pretty normal (and good) sandwich.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Tiggum posted:

I'm guessing the latter because that's a pretty normal (and good) sandwich.

Yeah peanut butter + regular butter is def a good combo, I think I'd prefer the honey without the PB though. PB and honey don't make a great combo imo

Nutella + butter is god tier.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

bike tory posted:

Nutella + peanut butter is god tier.

ftfy

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

No, don't just leave this alone. What the gently caress is this?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Schubalts posted:

it egg babies

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Ziv Zulander posted:

What's up with all these samus avatars lately?

Samus is good and cool :comfysamus:

It was a weird fever dream of a week earlier this summer in the Games subforum for Awesome Games Done Quick. :kazooieass:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Schubalts posted:

There's no ring, so I'm stumped. :shrug:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Baby shower jello

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Zipperelli. posted:

Why would you want to ruin a decent whiskey with coke? Even here in Australia where coke contains cane sugar and everyone wants whiskey with coke at the bar, I think it ruins it as coke even made here with cane sugar and the aussie formula is cloyingly sweet. The premixed whiskey and cola cans sold here taste nothing like coke as well, it's too loving sweet imo. If you're going to mix it try ginger ale (or soda) or something not as sweet as coke. The cola in the premixed cans taste closer to home/store brand cola than they do coke.

From an earlier post last page so not new content. But I'm inspired as those ingredients are pretty much at hand tonight for my dinner and not much else until I'm paid on Thursday. I could do a bean stew but it's already so cold and dark at 5.30pm I can't be bothered, so sandwich with old left over lettuce and tomato and some kind of canned fish it is I guess.

E: just noticed the cucumber suprise, I may find a bit of that in my fridge as well.

Fo3 has a new favorite as of 11:33 on Jul 31, 2018

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Throw mayo on it and it would be... edible.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Clearly mayo with the tuna there buddy. E: Might be wrong, could be margarine; either way I planned on a bit of aioli.

Fo3 has a new favorite as of 11:36 on Jul 31, 2018

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Just looks like a pretty standard "leftover half of the Subway footlong" to me.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Fo3 posted:

Clearly mayo with the tuna there buddy. E: Might be wrong, could be margarine; either way I planned on a bit of aioli.

I thought those pinkish blobs were just tomato'd bread

Still not nearly enough mayo either way

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

elise the great posted:

I would gently caress that up like a coyote in a rabbit nest. No questions, no hesitations, just utter obliteration, God getting revenge on the dinosaurs. Imagine me, a spy, furtive in the alley as the dark figures close in, knowing I have one chance left to live, looking down at this monstrosity clenched in my hands and knowing that it contains the one secret message that could lose my homeland the war. I would slam dunk that poo poo into my duodenum so hard I’d have to reel my hand back out by the elbow. gently caress you, I WANT THAT THING
Your posts are a treasure and don't let anyone stop you. :allears:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think it's supposed to be tuna salad, which is that little brown smears on the left. There is maybe an oz of tuna total on it.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

The "World Famous" Chicken and Waffles I ordered

quote:

I apologize the phrasing was "#1 World Class" and it was $16. Maybe the worst part of this. I'm not proud of this purchase.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That's not really anti-food, it's just disappointment on a plate.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:mediocre:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Plated disappointment is my catch phrase

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
It's probably fine, just obviously cooked from frozen chicken tenders and it looks really dry because they haven't poured the syrup on yet. Blame the price tag on chicken and waffles becoming a hipstery food fad, and that restaurant being in a place that probably never served it before it became a "thing" (ny or nj if i found the right tick tock diner). Of course they aren't going to do it authentically/well.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

coulda done worse for $16 that close to Penn Station, probably

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's probably fine, just obviously cooked from frozen chicken tenders and it looks really dry because they haven't poured the syrup on yet. Blame the price tag on chicken and waffles becoming a hipstery food fad, and that restaurant being in a place that probably never served it before it became a "thing" (ny or nj if i found the right tick tock diner). Of course they aren't going to do it authentically/well.

Looking at pictures of the plates, that looks to be the Clifton, NJ one.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Goddamn, even Roscoe's isn't $16 for the real deal.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Those reheated frozen chicken tenders need to be in a flatbread hidden with some garlic sauce and salad and sold for $6. They just look sad and don't deserve to be presented that way or belong on waffles.
(WTF is with that fad anyway? Someone saw it on the food network 6 years ago?)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Fo3 posted:

Those reheated frozen chicken tenders need to be in a flatbread hidden with some garlic sauce and salad and sold for $6. They just look sad and don't deserve to be presented that way or belong on waffles.

roscoes has been open since the 70s

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Fo3 posted:

It's a very southern thing that has been around for a long time

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I think it happened after chicken and waffles got featured on one of the food tour shows (I want to say Bourdain's show?), and then it suddenly exploded, instead of being a popular regional thing.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Schubalts posted:

I think it happened after chicken and waffles got featured on one of the food tour shows (I want to say Bourdain's show?), and then it suddenly exploded, instead of being a popular regional thing.

It's an old Pennsylvania Dutch thing from the 1860s, and was eventually picked up by southern families as a delicacy (waffle irons used to be expensive af), and became a part of the soul food tradition around turn of the century. A lot of modern restaurants, especially in the South, are reaching back in time to try and create a more rustic and "down home" feel, and it's creating a sort of snowball effect; other restaurants do chicken and waffles, so WE will too, which makes other restaurants see us doing it, so THEY do, and so on.

Source: I run a southern restaurant

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Fo3 posted:

It's delicious. You just need a good syrup and the chicken needs to be almost inedibly spicy so the syrup cuts it and your waffle soaks up the spice. Nashville hot chicken on waffles with maple is incredible.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

uPen posted:

It's delicious. You just need a good syrup and the chicken needs to be almost inedibly spicy so the syrup cuts it and your waffle soaks up the spice. Nashville hot chicken on waffles with maple is incredible.

Please stop my saliva has nowhere to go

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I really need to get my hands on some Nashville Hot Chicken, I don't know what it tastes like :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

uPen posted:

Which is what we do here, and we add a pickled pepper relish on top.

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 20:59 on Jul 31, 2018